"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

4 minutes ago, Urodos said:

Recently pulled a Cordelia (+Spd/-HP) and I know Brave users prefer an Atk boon, but I was wondering if this is acceptable? If so, then I plan on giving her Death Blow, Quick Riposte, and Luna and I was wondering what I should add for the C slot? My apologies for two questions at once.

It's more than acceptable. With 38 speed, she's going to be able to quadhit a lot of units.

Quick Riposte isn't great for a brave weapon user, especially since Cordelia is pretty fragile and if you remove Tri Adept she might not even be able to take hit from red units well

I'd pretty Galeforce over Luna too, but that's more variable I guess.

For C slot, that mostly depend of the rest of your team.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, lucaz90 said:

Hello, I have a couple of questions:
- does anybody know wwhen the update that increases the amount of stamina to 100 will be released?

- are you keeping your stamina bottles so that they will be more efficient to use after the update? Will it work like that?

- is there any point to this screen that shows damage points going up after won gauntlet battle?

- should I save up flag points because I may need them later on tougher matchups?

1. Sometime this month. Updates so far have coincided with new focus banners, so it's most likely coming next week when the current banner expires.
  2. No. Probably.
  3. It tells you how many points you earned.
  4. It depends on what you care about and how well you think your chosen team will do this round and next round.

11 minutes ago, salinea said:

It's more than acceptable. With 38 speed, she's going to be able to quadhit a lot of units.

Quick Riposte isn't great for a brave weapon user, especially since Cordelia is pretty fragile and if you remove Tri Adept she might not even be able to take hit from red units well

I'd pretty Galeforce over Luna too, but that's more variable I guess.

For C slot, that mostly depend of the rest of your team.

Quick Riposte does sound silly the more I look at it, perhaps I'll give her Lancebreaker then. TA I'll keep too, requires less investment and I can save DB 3 for another unit. Plus, as you said, she can tank the Reds easier with TA.

I'm still leaning towards Luna for easier proc, but I might change that.

and I'll find something for C Slot, perhaps Savage Blow since my team is mostly nukes so it'll help get the job done easier. Thank you for the answers.

How does the damage calculation for Gronnblade and its clones work? Is it like if a unit has +4 attack, it deals +4 extra damage or does it see there's an attack bonus and just add +1 (before calculations, i assume).

Despite having used Nino for ages I've never actually ran the numbers.

16 minutes ago, r_n said:

How does the damage calculation for Gronnblade and its clones work? Is it like if a unit has +4 attack, it deals +4 extra damage or does it see there's an attack bonus and just add +1 (before calculations, i assume).

Despite having used Nino for ages I've never actually ran the numbers.

All out-of-battle buffs are duplicated as +Atk buffs for damage calculation.

Hone Atk 3 results in +4 Atk from the buff and an additional +4 Atk from Litrblade's effect for a total of +8 Atk.

Hone Spd 3 results in +4 Spd from the buff and an additional +4 Atk from Litrblade's effect for a total of +4 Atk and +4 Spd.

Hone Cavalry results in +6 Atk and +6 Spd from the buff and an additional +12 Atk from Litrblade's effect for a total of +18 Atk and +6 Spd.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

All out-of-battle buffs are duplicated as +Atk buffs for damage calculation.

Hone Atk 3 results in +4 Atk from the buff and an additional +4 Atk from Litrblade's effect for a total of +8 Atk.

Hone Spd 3 results in +4 Spd from the buff and an additional +4 Atk from Litrblade's effect for a total of +4 Atk and +4 Spd.

Hone Cavalry results in +6 Atk and +6 Spd from the buff and an additional +12 Atk from Litrblade's effect for a total of +18 Atk and +6 Spd.

Oh jeeze no wonder everyone was saying to give ursula the _blade tome

Also I realize now I misread how this worked and thought it dealt more damage if the enemy had buffs.

Actually I'd like to change my question from earlier. I know what I need to do with Camilla. 

So instead I'll just ask about my Saizo. I'm guessing it's a good idea to keep Poison Strike on him, but what else should I do to him? 

6 minutes ago, MidnightFE said:

Actually I'd like to change my question from earlier. I know what I need to do with Camilla. 

So instead I'll just ask about my Saizo. I'm guessing it's a good idea to keep Poison Strike on him, but what else should I do to him? 

If you have a better unit that needs it, I say give him away to someone else for his poison strike. I'm not familiar with his usage, but the smoke dagger is probably one of the more "useless" daggers in the game. Either give him a poison dagger, or a silver dagger.

If you want me to help further, I need his bane and boooon

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

If you have a better unit that needs it, I say give him away to someone else for his poison strike. I'm not familiar with his usage, but the smoke dagger is probably one of the more "useless" daggers in the game. Either give him a poison dagger, or a silver dagger.

If you want me to help further, I need his bane and boooon

I don't have any better dagger users as of now unfortunately. His bane/boon is +HP/-RES

EDIT: I'm salty that Saizo isn't that good in Heroes because he was one of my favorite and best units in Fates 

Edited by MidnightFE

1 hour ago, Urodos said:

Quick Riposte does sound silly the more I look at it, perhaps I'll give her Lancebreaker then. TA I'll keep too, requires less investment and I can save DB 3 for another unit. Plus, as you said, she can tank the Reds easier with TA.

I'm still leaning towards Luna for easier proc, but I might change that.

and I'll find something for C Slot, perhaps Savage Blow since my team is mostly nukes so it'll help get the job done easier. Thank you for the answers.

Death Blow is always good on a Brave Weapon users, but as long as you mostly target red units, TA will work just as well to improve her offense (so mostly, that's a question of taste/how you want to use her/the rest of the team).

2 minutes ago, MidnightFE said:

I don't have any better dagger users as of now unfortunately. His bane/boon is +HP/-RES

EDIT: I'm salty that Saizo isn't that good in Heroes because he was one of my favorite and best units in Fates 

This isn't the absolute greatest thing in the world, but it isn't bad either. +HP means he can tank even more physical hits with his extremely high defense. His resistance was already low so it doesn't make too much of a difference.

For a special skill, you want Bonfire to take advantage of that defensive bonus damage

For his assist skill, you want to get some sort of skill to help your allies get out of trouble, like reposition or swap.

Now the A is very flexible, HP3 gives him 5 more health to help defensive tanking (although daggers aren't really supposed to be tanking, but he does it well). You can also do defense 3. At 4 star level 40 he'll have 32 attack which isn't that much, since he's a dagger user. So because of that, you can opt to give him attack 3 and boost his attack but I'm not sure how good it'll work, since he has poison strike anyway.

I'd also like to say, there are 3 better dagger users out there, Jakob, Kagero, and Jaffar. So you can always wait to see if you get them. But that may never happen anyway heh.

The skills I said work better on other characters so make sure you're certain with your decision!

2 hours ago, Urodos said:

Recently pulled a Cordelia (+Spd/-HP) and I know Brave users prefer an Atk boon, but I was wondering if this is acceptable? If so, then I plan on giving her Death Blow, Quick Riposte, and Luna and I was wondering what I should add for the C slot? My apologies for two questions at once.

It's a bit late, but I'll still put in my two cents in case you need/want it.

Brave users usually prefer +Atk, but Cordelia is actually one of the rare ones that prefer +Spd. That's because she's among a select few Brave users that are fast enough to double a good portion of the meta despite using a Brave weapon and thus can reliably hit 4 times. This is extra amazing with Desperation because you can hit 4 times before opponents get a chance to retaliate, which often means they'll die outright before hitting you back (unless you're trying to solo Hector or something with Cordelia. And really why are you doing that). This is precisely why units like Setsuna have risen from B/C tier all the way up to S or A+ after skill inheritance. 

With Life and Death 3 and Desperation, Cordelia can quad hit everyone with 33 speed or less, which is a significant portion of people. In fact, -HP is perfect for this build because you only need to use one Ardent Sacrifice (which is my recommendation for her assist skill) to instantly get her into Desperation range without needing to enter combat. Also, because she'll generally be attacking 4 times, a slightly longer proc skill like Luna over Moonbow is excellent on her and helps her cinch several ORKOs. 

For her C skill, it really depends on your team. Cordelia with this set is already quite good, but she becomes absolutely ridiculous with a Hone Flier buff, hitting 44 speed with a Brave weapon, which lets her quad hit literally every unit in the game except for +Spd Lon'qu and +Spd Lyn and Setsuna. Even +Spd Lucina gets doubled and quad hit; that's how ridiculous this is. On such a team, I'd recommend something like Fortify/Goad/Ward Fliers to help her other winged companions, but if you wanted to be more selfish, Threaten Def and Threaten Spd help her secure a lot of kills she wouldn't normally. I actually favor Threaten Spd because this would allow her to double (by which I mean quad hit) almost everything she could with a Hone Flier buff...without the Hone Flier buff. 

In short: +Spd, -HP Cordelia isn't just good, it's amazing and is arguably the best nature on her to bring out the most of her potential. 

46 minutes ago, MidnightFE said:

That's a problem of Heroes' stat system, unfortunately. Everyone is limited to their class's BST, so the only difference in stats is distribution. This helps people with excellent distributions (Lucina, Hana, Hector etc.), but hurts the 'well-rounded' units like Saizo, who're amazing in part because of their amazing stat total. (Saizo has great bases and, I believe, the best stat growth in all of Fates.)

This is why, for example, RD Ike will probably turn out to be better than PoR Ike, even though Ike in PoR was utterly ridiculous, and RD Ike is, well, still amazing---dem bases---but with lackluster growths. (R.I.P Spd and Res.)

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

This isn't the absolute greatest thing in the world, but it isn't bad either. +HP means he can tank even more physical hits with his extremely high defense. His resistance was already low so it doesn't make too much of a difference.

For a special skill, you want Bonfire to take advantage of that defensive bonus damage

For his assist skill, you want to get some sort of skill to help your allies get out of trouble, like reposition or swap.

Now the A is very flexible, HP3 gives him 5 more health to help defensive tanking (although daggers aren't really supposed to be tanking, but he does it well). You can also do defense 3. At 4 star level 40 he'll have 32 attack which isn't that much, since he's a dagger user. So because of that, you can opt to give him attack 3 and boost his attack but I'm not sure how good it'll work, since he has poison strike anyway.

I'd also like to say, there are 3 better dagger users out there, Jakob, Kagero, and Jaffar. So you can always wait to see if you get them. But that may never happen anyway heh.

The skills I said work better on other characters so make sure you're certain with your decision!

Ahh thank you! I'm assuming I should keep Spur Spd as well?

2 minutes ago, MidnightFE said:

Ahh thank you! I'm assuming I should keep Spur Spd as well?

It really depends on what you need, but I personally don't change C skills unless it's something like threaten resistance or something.

So change it if you think it's not gonna help you, or keep it if you don't want to waste a unit for a c skill

Ok, I should have asked that a long time ago.

What does Ninos Gronnblade+ actually do? I don't get the desription (neither the English nor the German one). Does it mean, that if Olivia uses Hone Atk beside her, she gets that extra if she attacks? I just put her beside Effie and Eirika, because it seemed right (and people suggested it here).

Thanks in advance

4 minutes ago, M.T. Cicero said:

What does Ninos Gronnblade+ actually do? I don't get the desription (neither the English nor the German one). Does it mean, that if Olivia uses Hone Atk beside her, she gets that extra if she attacks? I just put her beside Effie and Eirika, because it seemed right (and people suggested it here).

Thanks in advance

Every buff she gets adds to her attack.

So for example, if Sharena's Fortify Def gives Nino +4 def, then Nino will gain +4 def and +4 atk.

If Olivia's Hone Atk gives Nino +4 atk, then Nino will gain +4 atk then another +4 atk from Gronnblade. 

If Nino's teammates give her Atk +4, Spd +4, Def +4, and Res +4, Nino will gain a total of +20 atk because of Gronnblade. 

It should be noted that this only applies to out-of-combat buffs (like Hone/Fortify skills and Rally skills). She does NOT get bonus atk from in-combat buffs like Spur Atk or Death Blow. 

5 minutes ago, M.T. Cicero said:

Thanks in advance

Any kind of buff that lasts for a turn and turns the number on your stat green makes the damage of her attack greater. So that works with Hone Attack, yes; as well as any other Hone, Fortify, Rally, Balm, Defiant Stat.

Note that any such boost to attack in effect increase the damage of the tome twice.

However what you might call "in battle buff" such as Spur, or Warding Blow, etc. do not effect the damage of tome.

33 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It really depends on what you need, but I personally don't change C skills unless it's something like threaten resistance or something.

So change it if you think it's not gonna help you, or keep it if you don't want to waste a unit for a c skill

Okay thanks for all of your help! 

10 minutes ago, M.T. Cicero said:

Thanks in advance

2 people already answered your question, but I'd like to note that giving gronnblade or blarblade to cavalry units us also wicked because the ordinary boost in 4 stats can be increased to 6 from fortify and hone cavalry, making Cecilia useful for once in her life

Spoiler

Yeah I know, maybe a little too harsh

@MaskedAmpharos and @salinea

Thanks a lot guys. Never imagined it to be that power-/useful. (Finally getting why she destroys that much)

@Arcanite

Well, I got a spare Nino and one Odin for every finger on my hands. Cecilia also just doesn't stop to show up. And I need a good cavalry team for some quests, so thanks for the tip.

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

My Eirika is +Attack -Speed. That's... kinda weird. Will she still be good?

She's the "Buff until I die, but I can take a hit if I need to" kind of girl

So +Attack is good, but not with -speed. She's still usable as what she's supposed to do, buff all your units til the cows come home!

So, I have 3 Adult Tikis, all of them 3-stars. I like to train one of each unique unit I have (you never know when you'll need a unit with a specific set of skills), so I'll be doing so with one of her.

The question is: which one should I keep? One is +Def/-Atk, another is +Def/-HP, and a third one is +HP/-Res. I figured the -HP one was the best, but if her role is to be as tanky as possible, I'm wondering if the -Atk one wouldn't work better.

14 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

So, I have 3 Adult Tikis, all of them 3-stars. I like to train one of each unique unit I have (you never know when you'll need a unit with a specific set of skills), so I'll be doing so with one of her.

The question is: which one should I keep? One is +Def/-Atk, another is +Def/-HP, and a third one is +HP/-Res. I figured the -HP one was the best, but if her role is to be as tanky as possible, I'm wondering if the -Atk one wouldn't work better.

Honestly, +Def/-HP.  Slap Swordbreaker on her and run into Falchion users.  Defiant Atk will take care of the rest.