"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Weird question, but how do you know what to do to manipulate the AI? I know basic things like put a green in a blue's range meaning they will get baited, but then there is stuff like in some strategies against Navarre where if you position units in safe zones, you can move the AI towards them because they're weak or disadvantaged to them. Asking this since I'd like to figure out a Lunatic GHB one day and my approach of X defeats Y or O can be in place of P doesn't work when it doesn't consider how or can predict how the AI responds. Basically, how do I get better at Fire Emblem in general?

Personally I don't bother with AI manipulation, but there's a reddit post on it:

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I have another quick question here. I'm getting closer to being able to upgrade another hero to 5 stars. I'm trying to use my feathers on characters that can't usually be pulled as 5 stars, so I'm thinking I'll go with Nino this time around. (I really want to upgrade Laslow, but I have four other 5 star reds and need some variety. I have one colorless and two greens now. I thought about upgrading Jeorge, but it's possible to pull him as a 5 star, so I may hold off on that.) 

I've been kind of Nino blessed, and I currently have 3. I think I had 5 at one point, but I merged some into each other before i knew what I was doing. XD Their boons/banes are +ATK/-SPD +HP/-DEF, and Neutral. The +ATK one was the first one I pulled. After some research, I've seen that most people think that +SPD is the best boon for her. But even -SPD leaves her with 33 base speed (which isn't bad at all). +ATK with Gronblade+ gives her 49 ATK without buffs. It wouldn't be hard to get her up to 60 at all, and that's just insane. I'm leaning towards using +ATK Nino since she's the one I've been leveling.

But what do you guys think? (Should probably throw in the actual question instead of rambling endlessly lol) The other boon/bane isn't terrible, and neutral doesn't hurt anything. Can Nino sacrifice some speed for more fire power? 

I don't use Nino and not great in number crunching - many gurus around here may help you with that xD. But my Linde has the same atk (49), with Eirika + a blarblade and 39 spd but very often I just wish I could trade her atk for more speed rather than the other way round. Because many enemies can stand one hit  from blade tomes even with buff, but not two. And as fragile as Linde/Nino are, failing to orko means they'll be murdered at enemy phase :(

14 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I have another quick question here. I'm getting closer to being able to upgrade another hero to 5 stars. I'm trying to use my feathers on characters that can't usually be pulled as 5 stars, so I'm thinking I'll go with Nino this time around. (I really want to upgrade Laslow, but I have four other 5 star reds and need some variety. I have one colorless and two greens now. I thought about upgrading Jeorge, but it's possible to pull him as a 5 star, so I may hold off on that.) 

I've been kind of Nino blessed, and I currently have 3. I think I had 5 at one point, but I merged some into each other before i knew what I was doing. XD Their boons/banes are +ATK/-SPD +HP/-DEF, and Neutral. The +ATK one was the first one I pulled. After some research, I've seen that most people think that +SPD is the best boon for her. But even -SPD leaves her with 33 base speed (which isn't bad at all). +ATK with Gronblade+ gives her 49 ATK without buffs. It wouldn't be hard to get her up to 60 at all, and that's just insane. I'm leaning towards using +ATK Nino since she's the one I've been leveling.

But what do you guys think? (Should probably throw in the actual question instead of rambling endlessly lol) The other boon/bane isn't terrible, and neutral doesn't hurt anything. Can Nino sacrifice some speed for more fire power? 

Your best bet is neutral or +Hp. I can do some calculations, but -Speed isn't worth +Atk. 

Edit: Unless you think you'll be able to one shot everything. If you can buff every stat, you probably won't need to hit twice

Edited by Arcanite

Yo is Def bane bad for Merric? I pulled him and like an idiot forgot to check boon/bane before leveling but I can see that his Def is bane at least because it's 5 at level 3 lol. .. I know Merric's Def is actually pretty good so how problematic is this...?

EDIT: Oh boon is Speed. so... is Spd+/Def- good....?

Edited by BANRYU

6 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Yo is Def bane bad for Merric? I pulled him and like an idiot forgot to check boon/bane before leveling but I can see that his Def is bane at least because it's 5 at level 3 lol. .. I know Merric's Def is actually pretty good so how problematic is this...?

EDIT: Oh boon is Speed. so... is Spd+/Def- good....?

Well now you won't be able to tank as much, but 35 speed ain't bad.

This is what we like to call "Salvageable"

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well now you won't be able to tank as much, but 35 speed ain't bad.

This is what we like to call "Salvageable"

I will take it. x3 Not bad at all.

Time to start looking into Merric skill sets, behehehe

So I just pulled a -Hp/+Spd Hinoka out of the peg banner and was wondering what to do with her. This boon/bane leaves her Atk and Spd bases both at 35, which come out at 43/30 with her Brave+. Is Inheriting an offensive A skill and a different weapon good on her(I have Fury 3 and L&D 2 both available, as well as Darting 3 and Death Blow 2, replacement weapon would be a Silver lance if anything, which while not the best, is still more overall stats than the Brave+)

Or is it better to leave her speed low(well, 30 isn't exactly low, it avoids doubles from a decent chunk of things, but I wouldn't call it hella fast) with the brave lance and focus on buffing up her Atk so she can Blitz things down?

42 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Your best bet is neutral or +Hp. I can do some calculations, but -Speed isn't worth +Atk. 

Edit: Unless you think you'll be able to one shot everything. If you can buff every stat, you probably won't need to hit twice

Eh... but... The maximum buffs that one unit can give is 3 (namely Eirika with one rally), so 4 buffs will mean dedicating 2 units just standing there babysitting Nino rather than killing someone. Isn't it quite inefficient (and dangerous)? :s

6 minutes ago, OKigen said:

Eh... but... The maximum buffs that one unit can give is 3 (namely Eirika with one rally), so 4 buffs will mean dedicating 2 units just standing there babysitting Nino rather than killing someone. Isn't it quite inefficient (and dangerous)? :s

Nino doesn't always need full buff (LaD2 on +spd-def and an atk buff orkos Lucina, for example) but there are turns where you want to disengage anyway because you don't really want to fight tiki and takumi with the same unit in the same turn(for example) and thats enough for max buff nino to work. I recommend a dancer to go with nino.

Just now, OKigen said:

If Nino can get enough attack she can probably solo some teams, so with enough team comp it could be efficient.

But you'd need a team completely dedicated to helping her get buffed through the sky. A dancer would also have to be a staple, or someone with a positioning skill at least.

I think I'm finally going to promote a 4-Star, but I'm having trouble deciding which one.  Any suggestions?

Alfonse (N/N)

Anna (N/N)

Bartre (+Atk/-Def)

Caeda (+Spd/-Res)

Draug (+Res/-Def)

Florina (+Spd/-Res)

Lilina (+Spd/-Atk)

F Robin (N/N)

M Robin (+Spd/-Res)

Serra (+Res/-Spd)

Sharena (N/N)

Stahl (+Spd/-Atk)

Ursula (N/N)

Wrys (+Spd/-Res)

3 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I think I'm finally going to promote a 4-Star, but I'm having trouble deciding which one.  Any suggestions?

Alfonse (N/N)

Anna (N/N)

Bartre (+Atk/-Def)

Caeda (+Spd/-Res)

Draug (+Res/-Def)

Florina (+Spd/-Res)

Lilina (+Spd/-Atk)

F Robin (N/N)

M Robin (+Spd/-Res)

Serra (+Res/-Spd)

Sharena (N/N)

Stahl (+Spd/-Atk)

Ursula (N/N)

Wrys (+Spd/-Res)

Can you please tell me what 5 star units you already have?

Hmm... is it worth the effort and resources bringing Alfonse to 5*? He's currently lv. 40 3*. I already have Sharena and Anna at lv. 40 5*.

Other units in consideration for at least 4*:

Subaki

Hana

Sophia

Narcian

Draug

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 hour ago, Ether said:

So I just pulled a -Hp/+Spd Hinoka out of the peg banner and was wondering what to do with her. This boon/bane leaves her Atk and Spd bases both at 35, which come out at 43/30 with her Brave+. Is Inheriting an offensive A skill and a different weapon good on her(I have Fury 3 and L&D 2 both available, as well as Darting 3 and Death Blow 2, replacement weapon would be a Silver lance if anything, which while not the best, is still more overall stats than the Brave+)

Or is it better to leave her speed low(well, 30 isn't exactly low, it avoids doubles from a decent chunk of things, but I wouldn't call it hella fast) with the brave lance and focus on buffing up her Atk so she can Blitz things down?

Hinoka's high Atk means she's well suited to running a standard Brave build with either Fury or Life and Death. However, she will always be out-done on offenses by Cordelia who has identical Atk, but 3 more Spd.

Her slightly better bulk over Cordelia means she might be able to run a Fury Lancebreaker set with a bit more success than Cordelia, but I honestly don't know how much better it would actually be.

The unfortunate thing is that Hinoka really wants to be a recipient of her own Hone Fliers to help boost her Spd.

Hinoka can, however, also run the same build style as default Cordelia with a bit more success. Triangle Adept 3 deletes red units with her Brave Lance+, and her higher Def means she can tank hits from red units better than Cordelia can.

I haven't done any calcs yet, but I'd also like to see what other people can come up with for Hinoka builds (because I have a ton of her waiting to be merged).

4 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Hmm... is it worth the effort and resources bringing Alfonse to 5*? He's currently lv. 40 3*. I already have Sharena and Anna at lv. 40 5*.

Subaki

Hana

Sophia

Narcian

Draug

To me, alfonse would never be worthwhile in a million years, if you already have a stereotypical 5 star sword user. If you don't have one, then give him a shot. If I recall correctly, you only have 3 5 stars. Who's the other besides Anna and sharena?

Just now, Arcanite said:

To me, alfonse would never be worthwhile in a million years, if you already have a stereotypical 5 star sword user. If you don't have one, then give him a shot. If I recall correctly, you only have 3 5 stars. Who's the other besides Anna and sharena?

The only other 5* I have is a +HP/-Spd Lyn (41 HP and 34 Spd caps).

4 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Subaki

Hana

Sophia

Narcian

Draug

Short Answer:

Spoiler

It's not.

Long Answer:

Spoiler

It depends on what other units you already have as a 5* and what niches your roster still needs to be filled. Even if you somehow lacked a 5* red from the incredibly dense pool of reds available, promoting Alfonse would still be objectionable, since he has to compete directly with other red swords who have similar attack--namely Ogma or even Chrom--and significantly higher speed, like Lucina or even Marth. If you need a 5* red sword at this point, if your Hana is not -Atk or -Spd she would make a much better fit for promotion. Draug isn't bad but he needs a hefty resource dump before being usable, Distant Counter being one of the minimums.

tl;dr My vote goes to Hana, since Alfonse is outclassed in pretty much every possible way.

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

The only other 5* I have is a +HP/-Spd Lyn (41 HP and 34 Spd caps).

You're only using free units (pretty much anyway). So it looks like you need a tome user. I'd go with sophia for now. After that, Go Alfonse or Subaki.

25 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Short Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

It's not.

Long Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

It depends on what other units you already have as a 5* and what niches your roster still needs to be filled. Even if you somehow lacked a 5* red from the incredibly dense pool of reds available, promoting Alfonse would still be objectionable, since he has to compete directly with other red swords who have similar attack--namely Ogma or even Chrom--and significantly higher speed, like Lucina or even Marth. If you need a 5* red sword at this point, if your Hana is not -Atk or -Spd she would make a much better fit for promotion. Draug isn't bad but he needs a hefty resource dump before being usable, Distant Counter being one of the minimums.

tl;dr My vote goes to Hana, since Alfonse is outclassed in pretty much every possible way.

I'm actively hoarding orbs as a free user so I have a VERY limited selection of reds and colorless units to choose from; most of my combat-ready units are blue and green. The only usable red units I have are Lyn (5*), Alfonse (3*), Sophia (3*), Olivia (4*) and Navarre (4*) and the only usable colorless ones are Virion (3*), Lissa (4*), Felicia (4*) and Wrys (3*). (Stupid to throw out Raigh and Matthew and Draug is being trained up.)

24 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You're only using free units (pretty much anyway). So it looks like you need a tome user. I'd go with sophia for now. After that, Go Alfonse or Subaki.

Sounds good to me.

Edited by Roflolxp54

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hinoka's high Atk means she's well suited to running a standard Brave build with either Fury or Life and Death. However, she will always be out-done on offenses by Cordelia who has identical Atk, but 3 more Spd.

Her slightly better bulk over Cordelia means she might be able to run a Fury Lancebreaker set with a bit more success than Cordelia, but I honestly don't know how much better it would actually be.

The unfortunate thing is that Hinoka really wants to be a recipient of her own Hone Fliers to help boost her Spd.

Hinoka can, however, also run the same build style as default Cordelia with a bit more success. Triangle Adept 3 deletes red units with her Brave Lance+, and her higher Def means she can tank hits from red units better than Cordelia can.

I haven't done any calcs yet, but I'd also like to see what other people can come up with for Hinoka builds (because I have a ton of her waiting to be merged).

So you would recommend Fury over Death Blow or Life and Death then? And Lancebreaker for B slot? 

25 minutes ago, Ether said:

So you would recommend Fury over Death Blow or Life and Death then? And Lancebreaker for B slot? 

I honestly have no idea since I haven't done calcs. I was mostly thinking out loud and putting out ideas for what could be viable with her stat spread.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I honestly have no idea since I haven't done calcs. I was mostly thinking out loud and putting out ideas for what could be viable with her stat spread.

That's fair enough. Thanks for the input either way.

My team right now is a +res - hp Marth, +hp - res Effie, and a +atk - def Nino, along with a filer bonus hero. I'm looking to optimize my team as much as possible, and judging how Effie and Nino are the best of the best in their respective catagories, really the only one I'm thinking of replacing is Marth. I have 20,000 feathers ready to go, and considering I'll probably never get Ryoma or Lucina, I was wondering if a 5 star Navarre would be better a +res -hp Marth.

I have a -HP/+Res Eliwood I'm planning to use on a cavalry team (Him, Fortify Cavalry Abel, Blarblade Ursula and Gunter). How well would he do?

I also have two -Atk/+Def Jagens. Would one of them still be useful on a cavalry team? (The other will pass Fortify Cavalry).

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

If Nino can get enough attack she can probably solo some teams, so with enough team comp it could be efficient.

But you'd need a team completely dedicated to helping her get buffed through the sky. A dancer would also have to be a staple, or someone with a positioning skill at least.

Oh I forgot she can use dancer too! 

What is her chance of going against red fully buffed? I'm going to have 20k feathers again and a +spd Nino is rather interesting.