Least Favourite Character Redesign

Through the few hours of playing Fire Emblem Heroes that I have, I've run across some character redesigns that I love but there are a few that I am not particularly fond of. My least favourite has to be the redesign of Arthur from Fates, maybe it's because it is the most drastic redesign but there are other characters that share a similar design, like Olivia from Awakening and Hector from Rekka no Ken, and while they're not my favourite I actually like them to some degree.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arthur's is fine. He's basically the Captain America of the Fire Emblem world, so him getting a really harsh comic book style works.

Navarre looks like... I mean, the artwork is fine, but Navarre just looks off. Way too feminized. He's always been feminine, but this takes it past 11 and all the way to at least 15.

Eliwood, I think, just has bad artwork. His eyes are in his forehead.

Edited by Slumber

Yeah, I'll agree with Eliwood and Navarre. Eliwood is just bad and Navarre too feminine.

EDIT: How could I forget Ursula?! Lady, I positively pity you.

Edited by Vaximillian

Eliwood. It's not really his armor, but his face looks so stupid, I can't help but notice it when I use him.

Arthur. The comic-style was a good idea, but it doesn't work with the other artworks.

Navarre. His sword is supposed to be a Killing Edge or oriental-styled, yet it looks like a regular sword. The choice of color is great though.

You know what, I get where people are complaining about Arthur's artwork. That comic art really feels jarring. That being said, his original appearance itself was a bit jarring considering how he looks and sounds a lot like an american and less of a roman or other medieval media... 

I personally like almost all the art in this game and especially the versatility! I guess I'm somewhat easy to please. If I have to pick one though, I'd probably say Matthew, the art just gives me a much different feeling than what I got from him in the actual game.

Arthur however looks like a comic book hero and I very much thinks it suits him and I love it. =)

Roy and Raigh so far. They look far too young. Roy looks freaking 10 while Raigh looks 8 or younger. And yet their voices are extremely deep, that is so very awkward and weird. Raigh's voice is deeper than Draug's, people. Think about that. Roy also looks rather stiff, imo.

I don't get why people don't like Eliwood's, I think it looks cool aside from the weird large eyes and slight noodle sword arm.

Edited by Anacybele

Imo the worst redesign is Eliwood, it's a damn joke.

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think Gordin looks a bit to young. That's supposed to be a character trait of his but in Shadow dragon and new mystery he still looked like a teenager. In Heroes he has some traits I feel are more akin to a shota, if a tall one.

I was also very surprised. I was like at first "No way... this can't be Godin!? Why is he so kawaii?" I actually like his art in this game but it makes me imagine how Rolf will look like now... I might just end up fainting.

Speaking of which, what's with IS and green-haired boys wielding bows? I mean, I first saw Rolf, then I learned about Wolt, now I hear about this Gordin kid. This makes Rolf feel unoriginal in design now... I still like him as a character though, he and his bros are the best siblings, imo.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Speaking of which, what's with IS and green-haired boys wielding bows? I mean, I first saw Rolf, then I learned about Wolt, now I hear about this Gordin kid. This makes Rolf feel unoriginal in design now... I still like him as a character though, he and his bros are the best siblings, imo.

They've always used archetypes like that. Red and green cavaliers, pegasus trio's, et cetera. Green haired archers is one of those too, I'm pretty sure.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's like asking IS what's with the blue-haired lords wielding swords lol. But yeah that's something I would say is what turns some people away from Rolf even though he's definitely the most well developed of them and I agree I will really like them especially because of their unique triangle attack (instead of pegasus knights) which no other units possess.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not only green-haired boys, when you compare Marth's and ike's armies for example you'll see similarities in design and sometimes personality or background. It has always been more or less like that.

Exactly what I think, it's like he has fried-whiting eyes or something.

Woah, so much hate for Eliwood's eyes.......which I am on bored with.

I wondered what was wrong with them. I guessed that they were too high on his forehead, but it looks like I was right.

Chrom. His face is just off. Lissa, Frederick, Lucina, they all look fantastic, and then Chrom showed up.

I mean, if anyone would show me that outside of the game I'd like it, because it's still well-made, but in an official Fire Emblem game my standards are a little less... forgiving.

For the most part I like the redesigns my favorite of the units I have pulled is Gwendolyn, but yeah Roy looks a bit too young and Mathew's face is not quite right to me.

1 hour ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

That's like asking IS what's with the blue-haired lords wielding swords lol. But yeah that's something I would say is what turns some people away from Rolf even though he's definitely the most well developed of them and I agree I will really like them especially because of their unique triangle attack (instead of pegasus knights) which no other units possess.

I know, and I think we have a little too many blue-haired swordsmen for lords too. It's a reason I find Alfonse kind of boring. Ike's been an exception to that because he at least isn't a noble or royal and is pretty unique besides the blue hair and swords. He was also my first FE lord, so...

Edited by Anacybele