Least Favourite Character Redesign

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Pimalai said:

Arthur... my God, what's that? He seems to come from a different game.

honestly a lot of the characters look like they came from different games and I really like it

having all these different art styles is really cool especially for a game with so many characters coming from different games

raven is also in a different style from anyone else and he looks great

anyway so far the redesigns I liked the least were matthew and eliwood

matthew's face looks a bit off and eliwood looked fine until i noticed the eyes I do not like those eyes

10 minutes ago, Res said:

(she also lacks any feet; see her injured picture). 

I didn't know she was from Awakening

Honestly, I don't really have any complaints with the art. I think Chrom looks a little weird, but he looks fine for the most part

Eliwood-- His face. It's just too stereotypically anime and clashes with his armor.

Catria-- IS seems to have fully realized that she's the OG Akaneia waifu, and definitely had her designed the most fanservicey of the Pegasus Knights (while Palla actually makes my list for "best redesigns")

Chrom-- He looks too damn skinny and pretty, with his cape being the wrong color (it should be white on the outside, blue on the inside-- the redesign goes for teal all-round)

Gwendolyn-- The proportions are ridiculous (as are the heels) and they had to squeeze in thigh-highs into her design

Navarre-- Looks cool, but also looks like Yuri Lowell. Too feminine. And what's with the ball/bell thing?

Niles-- He's supposed to be dark-skinned, not lightly tanned

Sharena-- Not a redesign, but look at her attacking picture. Look closely. ...And cringe.

Sheena-- They went too far in the "battle ballgown" department. The heels and skirt look stupid.

Xander-- WTF are you doing wielding Siegfried in reverse grip?

Eliwood, Matthew, and Gwendolyn all look pretty bad to me, off the top of my head

I actually really like Arthur's redesign, along with Hector's, Raven's, and Olivia's.

My absolute favorites are probably Fae, Raigh, Ryouma, Cecilia, Marth, Cherche, Virion, and Barst.

Number 1: Eliwood. Who the devil let this get in the game?! His eyes are not only in the wrong place and gigantic, but his armor looks ridiculously flat and inmobile. And his battle potraits look even worse.

Number 2: Arthur (Fates). I pulled him and I couldn't speak how jarring it felt. It was OK in Codename S.T.E.A.M, in the card game it was cute, but in this game he doesn't fit at all.

Number 3: Raven. Way to go to ruin one of my favorite characters. The artwork is good, but in the environment he feels out of place. Another nitpick is that he uses axes, even though they are his worse weapon choice in FE7 and he starts with swords....

Number 4: Chrom. I lost all my respect for Chrom. First he gets kicked out of Smash Bros, then he is a lame children's trading card, and now he looks like a girl. 

Number 5: Raigh. I don't like the contrast and his face looks nothing like FE6 portrait. The devilish smile that made him cool is gone. :>_<:

Number 6: Navarre. If you changed his color scheme and named him Leslie you wouldn't notice.

I've seen Eliwood's name pop up a couple of times and I have to agree the worst part of him has to be the eyes. But one character that many people seem to be conflicted about seems to be Raven, while his hair is a little off I actually like his design even though it is in a similar vein to Arthur's.

Athur and Hector look extremely off to me. Eliwood is a bit weird, Urusla is just confusing. Serra's is pretty ugly.

That uh... FE6 wyvren rider villain looks hilarious. Off in terms of artwork compared to everyone else but it just... works for him and how much of a ham he is.

Eliwood and Chrom

The former's eyes are just really weird and the latter's Brand of the Exalt looks off-model, as well as looking a tad too young.

Also Ogma, can't say I know why.

Gordin honestly looks more like his younger brother Ryan.  I like the art, it's adorable, but it really should have been Ryan.

24 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Eliwood and Chrom

The former's eyes are just really weird and the latter's Brand of the Exalt looks off-model, as well as looking a tad too young.

I saw this edit pop up on the subreddit:

https://usproxy.vpnbook.com/browse.php?u=Lt%2Be8Y%2FFQJ7f5JfabruvAotQGMZWRIT0NXU%3D&b=0

The eyes really are the issue.

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Hide contents

t4EoT27.png

There. Now I know why some images aren't showing up in PMs.

Yeah, that looks much better than what's actually in the game.  

Alas, I suppose all we can hope for is a second Eliwood with better art.

lmao I love ultra-prettyboy Navarre personally, but personal tastes etc

I feel like a couple of the answers I've seen are more about the art style than redesign specifically? Like take Arthur his actual character design hasn't really changed, just he's drawn in a drastically different style than Kozaki's

And similarly my biggest problem with Eliwood is the eyes and not so much his outfit, and is mostly just the artist being kind of bad in that picture like who OKed that

But as an actual redesign, Gwendolyn's bother me so much. Between boobplate, forced thigh high (what's wrong with her pants), and those really fucking weird leg armor i don't know what the hell is going on there

but yes, the really weird anatomy too.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Eliwood like everyone else already say... Also Oguma, I don't know why, but I feel his face too round? Jagen have the same artist and I feel the same... Specially in their attack portrait, is not bad, but I find their faces a bit weird.