Least Favourite Character Redesign

17 hours ago, unique said:

raven is also in a different style from anyone else and he looks great

I like the Raven art because its nearly identical to his original art...but I find the brown hair instead of the red hair a little jarring if only because...well red suits his character design better.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The person who drew Ogma, Gunther and Jagen (I can't remember his/her name at the moment) has a really unique artstyle, but... I think he/she isn't that good at drawing action. The artist sure put a lot of effort, seeing how Ogma is one of the few units whose normal attack and active skill portrait are completely different poses, but they're not very dynamic.

7 hours ago, singularity said:

Eliwood by far.
poor Eliwood, getting shafted in almost everything.

not exactly impressed with Chrom either, and I think Cordelia could use a better artist, much as I like her.

Indeed. Hopefully Eliwood gets something better later down the line. My least liked would be Gwendolyn: kinda strange anatomy to the point she almost passes off an an Awakening character due to the little stubs she has for feet. 

Gunter looks monstrously disproportional and nothing like his original. With most characters that are slightly off, I still know who they are, but I could not tell at all who Gunter was from the picture alone.

Besides the obvious like Eliwood, I'm not that fond of Cordelia. Her design is growing on me more, but something about her head shape, or something. It's not bad, but just too different, which that seems to be the recurring trend of the good designs and bad designs.

On 2/4/2017 at 6:45 AM, Slumber said:

Arthur's is fine. He's basically the Captain America of the Fire Emblem world, so him getting a really harsh comic book style works.

Navarre looks like... I mean, the artwork is fine, but Navarre just looks off. Way too feminized. He's always been feminine, but this takes it past 11 and all the way to at least 15.

Eliwood, I think, just has bad artwork. His eyes are in his forehead.

Honestly, Navarre doesn't look all that feminine tbh. He looks just fine in comparison to his original art style, as it seems like a "revamp" into a more polished version. It's nice and has a good amount of detail and is far superior to other art styles IMHO. The worst I've noticed is Chrom's. Thin chin, zero muscle mass, wonky eyes.

Edited by Eldin Tokuro

I got into FE because I thought Eliwood is cute.  He's not cute anymore. :(:

Sakura needs a bit more muscle mass.  She's skinnier than me, and that's not a good thing.

-Cordelia: Her face looks super weird and it's like she barely has a jaw.

-Corrin (Female): Some of her poses are weird, her legs look so off in her injured picture, and where's her nose?! Male Corrin looks so much better even though I typically like his design in general far less.

-Eliwood: Beating a dead horse here, though. It's literally only the eyes, they're too big and practically on his forehead.

-Florina: She has the opposite problem as Eliwood, except it extends to her whole face. Her mouth, nose, and eyes are far too low. I dislike it so much that I immediately traded her for feathers upon summoning her.

-Gwendolyn: Not only are her boots weird, but her proportions are terrifying. Her thigh is thicker than her torso!

-Niles: Only his standard art, though. His face just looks weird. His other art is freakin' awesome.

-Odin: His injured art looks fine, but his face is majorly off in his standard and his poses are so awkward in his attack art.

-Peri: Her attack art is fine, but her face freaks me out in the other two.

-Robin (Female): She has the same weird face thing going on as Cordelia, and why is the rest of her body so tiny? Like where are her feet? She makes Female Corrin look like Sasquatch.

-Saizo: The art is good actually, but... is he really that short?? Let's not put him next to Draug.

-Setsuna: She looks so lifeless (though it is Setsuna we're talking about here) and almost noseless.

-Subaki: Something is just really wrong with his face. It creeps me out.

-Xander: His nose looks really off and that's the only thing I don't like about it.

Eliwood was definitely the first that comes to mind, and I see that he is well-covered. Matthew as well; he looks like he's a teenager now, when he's supposed to be a lot older than Hector.

I actually really like Arthur. The Codename STEAM style art fits him perfectly.

As far as what I dislike, I'm going to have to go with Lissa. She looks... disturbing. I feel like she would murder someone, with her having that face. Also, I thought Cordelia was supposed to be a child when I first saw her .

I'm not bothered by Eliwood, and I actually love Raigh because of my minor obsession with Etrian Odyssey. 

I used to be super disturbed by Eliwood, but I'm a *little* less bothered now. His art is still enough to make me not use him though.

Right now I would say Cordelia. I don't know if it's the eyes or the facial structure, she does NOT look completely human.

Those are the only two that I would actually say I dislike. Some of the others (Wendy, Lissa, Odin, etc.) are "less than perfect," but I'm not actively bothered. Special mention to Catria, not because it's bad art, but because it's completely different than I imagined/expected. I wish Catria had been drawn in the same style as Palla.

Edited by Fly_or_Die

On 2/8/2017 at 11:07 AM, Skrawl said:

eliwat.png

Greetings, summoner.  I see that your soul is quite troubled.

Eliwood definately got the short end of the stick. His eyes are so bad. Female Robin and Cordelia are pretty terrible as well. Otherwise I don't have any complaints. 

Female Robin, Cordelia, Lon'qu, Olivia don't look as...defined as everyone else(and kinda doesn't fit them well). Even more so when next to characters like Robin, Leo, Lucina, Laslow, Tiki(adult), and so on(who honestly look as good as they should)!

Ursala's is fine until you look at her eyes...it looks like she's trying to look into someone's soul(or she know's the Fairy Type gym leader in Kalos quite well)!

Odin's is a little...odd...to me. Something about it irks me and I'm not exactly sure what exactly...

While characters with the oldish look to them like Gunther and Jeagan are not my favorites, Zephiel kinda is the low point on that boat. It doesn't work as well for him as it does say Jeagan(who to me, looks the best with that artstyle). He kinda lacks...intimidation.

On 4.2.2017 at 2:13 PM, Folt said:

Besides Eliwood and Navarre... I'm not very fond of F!Robin's redesign compared to the male version. Something about that redesign puts me off in a way.

Add F!Corrin to the list of redesigns that I'm not very fond of. Something about her face.

• 1 month later...

I thinked that I was fine with all the artworks, but after thinking a while

I disliked Cordelia in Awakening but thinked she was pretty, but now... nah, she looks so ugly and weird.

Lachesis... the guy or girl that draw her and Est is the same, the style fix with the young and cute looking Est but Lachesis don't go as well as Est. Don't fix her personality nor character in game.

Also F!Robin, her forehead is too big and don't fix the position of her body

And Navarre, I have only one problem and because I see it and can't unsee it anymore, I'm fine with the bishie and girly looking style, BUT HIS EYES FOR GODS LOVE, his two eyes are looking into different directions!!

Navarre ar u okey??

IMG_20170404_202009.png

Edited by Truffa

1 hour ago, Truffa said:

I thinked that I was fine with all the artworks, but after thinking a while

I disliked Cordelia in Awakening but thinked she was pretty, but now... nah, she looks so ugly and weird.

Lachesis... the guy or girl that draw her and Est is the same, the style fix with the young and cute looking Est but Lachesis don't go as well as Est. Don't fix her personality nor character in game.

Also F!Robin, her forehead is too big and don't fix the position of her body

And Navarre, I have only one problem and because I see it and can't unsee it anymore, I'm fine with the bishie and girly looking style, BUT HIS EYES FOR GODS LOVE, his two eyes are looking into different directions!!

Navarre ar u okey??

IMG_20170404_202009.png

I think is dizzy because he forgot how to damage (?)

On 2/10/2017 at 5:30 PM, FigurativelyDeadBooty said:

Put that thing back from where it came from or so help me.

This made my day.

While not technically bad, Jakob's face just freaks me out. I don't like Merric or Lon'qu's attacking portraits, Merric's reminds me of amateur fanart and Lon'qu's pose is just too derpy. I actually like their other portraits though.

And then there's Odin... oh lord. Probably my least favorite. Just... everything about it rubs me the wrong way. His attacking portrait isn't too bad though and I actually like his damaged one but his normal one just freaks me out.

I actually like FemRobin's artwork, it's not perfect but I don't think it looks bad.

Edited by GenericHero

ELIWOOD. Just ... Eliwood. His eyes, they're terrifying. It sucks, because Eliwood is my favorite lord but his art weirds me out so much that I don't want to use him. And it doesn't help that my only Eliwood is only 3-star right now, too.

But in addition to him, some other characters whose art I've had issues with are Roy (his default portrait is all right, I suppose, but he looks literally 10 in the other two. He's young, but not THAT young), Lilina (same problem as Roy), and Rebecca (what happened to your eyes). Lucius's default portrait looks a bit off, I think it's the lips, but his other two are okay. Chrom looks ... off. I'm not sure why, but I just don't like either of Chrom's artworks. Olivia's artwork isn't bad, it just stands out amidst all of my other units. EDIT: Cordelia also looks a bit too moe. As for Raigh, I actually don't mind his artwork because I've heard it's done by the EO artist and I love EO and am used to its art style, but Raigh (like Olivia) does stand out.

Edited by Sunwoo

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

ELIWOOD. Just ... Eliwood. His eyes, they're terrifying. It sucks, because Eliwood is my favorite lord but his art weirds me out so much that I don't want to use him. And it doesn't help that my only Eliwood is only 3-star right now, too.

just curious, is there anything you dislike about it other than the eyes?

eliwood's my favorite lord too and I thought the same thing at first but looking at it again I honestly like pretty much all of it except the eyes

i definitely would've been happier if his art looked entirely different and did not have disproportionately large eyes, but i think i've gotten used to the eyes to the point that I can ignore them, and none of the other parts of it bother me much at all

i still don't think it's that good overall even ignoring the eyes (i think the other two lords from his game got it much better off), but I can't really say I hate eliwood's anymore

although that doesn't actually matter since I still don't have a single eliwood