Create-A-Hero Thread

Sire

Lex of genealogy

Spoiler

Lex, Rebellious Son
Type: Green Axe Cavalier
Stats: HP/46, ATK/32, SPD/34, DEF/30, RES/14
Weapon: Lex's Axe: Mt: 16 Eff: If units HP>80% then opponent's unit cannot attack this unit more than once (Brave weapons included) per battle
Special: Luna
Skills: A) Distant Counter (i chose this because of the many similarities between Hector and Lex, if anything i'd say that Hector's character was modeled after Lex)
B)Vantage (because of him having it in his original game)
C) Axe Valor (because of him having paragon from his original game)

Edited by silveraura25

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since we have Axe Azura we may as well have an Axe Shigure!

Gene_Simmons_playing_the_Millionaire_Gallery_axe_bass_guitar_Richmond_2016_01.jpgShigure, Heavy Metal

Type: Green Axe

Movement: Armor

Stats: HP/53 ATK/39 SPD/31 DEF/18 RES/18 Total: 159

Just imagine the above with Shigure's hair. This guy clearly believes the best defense is a strong offense.

Weapon:

Savage Beats - 16mt - Effective against Armored units. If unit initiates attack, foes within 2 spaces of target take 7 damage after combat. - Cannot be inherited.

Perhaps not the greatest legendary weapon around, but it sure is savage! I know my ears can start hurting if I am anywhere near such an instrument. . . of destruction. And metal armor doesn't help much to resist such trauma. I thought of upping the blow damage to 10 since I rarely see folks make use of savage blow. Breath of Life may be fine at 7, but savage blow seems far less useful.

Assist:

Sing

B Skill:

Quickened Beats - If sing or dance is used, target gets special cooldown charge +1.

C Skill:

Savage Blow 1/2/3

You really should have seen that coming. I mean really what else would he have as a C slot skill? Now all we need is a Savage Blow sacred seal and he can hit foes within 2 spaces with 21 damage.

I guess I can give it a shot.

Itsuki Aoi, Determined Helper

HP: 41

ATK: 37

SPD: 27

DEF: 29

RES: 19

Weapon: Mirage Falchion (Effective against Dragons, Armor and Cavalry)

Special: Aether

A Skill: Strong Breath (Grants +4 Attack, -1 Cooldown when attacked)

C Skill: Spur Attack/Speed (Grants +3 Attack, Speed to adjacent allies)

One more! (not accidental double-post)

Yashiro Tsurugi, Cold Blade

HP: 32

ATK: 34

SPD: 35

DEF: 21

RES: 9

Weapon: Mirage Wo Dao (When HP >= 75%, -1 Cooldown at start of turn. 16 Might)

B Skill: Brash Assault

C Skill: Poison Ploy (Enemies with lower HP than Yashiro in cardinal directions lose 7 HP at the start of Yashiro's turn)

Edited by Corrobin

Hmm.. I assume they are both sword infantry? If so your stat totals are a bit off. Though not in the bad way. You actually have 4 or 5 points left Aoi(unless he is cavalry then he is spot on) and only come to 131. Given that the lowest any stat goes currently is 13(barring banes/stat penalties/etc) you could spend 4 of those to get 13 res. I also assume Mirage Wo Dao is supposed to be a Wrath effect but with inverse hp requirements? Cause you left off the +10 damage bit if so. Kinda odd to be called Wo Dao but not have the +10 special damage. I'd say the same about he Falchion, but it is still effective vs dragons and that is kinda what I think of first when I think Falchion so I am fine with that. Plus it is clear that armor/cavalry effectiveness is renewal's 2 replacement.

Mostly just mention the stat thing in case you were unaware. Obviously having too few isn't quite as big an issue as being over inflated. I do like the idea of a poison ploy, but at 32 HP I think, off the top of my head, there are only one or two units in the game with less than that without counting banes. I use the Wiki's https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Stats_Table as reference when trying to figure out HP values and the ilk. 36-38 or so might be a better number so that it can hit a decent chunk of people, but not everyone right off.

@silveraura25 Lex looks pretty good but that axe feels oppressive. Or at least it would be if he didn't have such a respectable speed stat, which makes the axe only work on dedicated speedsters and Brave users... but nonetheless I'd err on the side of caution, suppressing 50% or 75% of a unit's potential damage before any modifiers can be too good, especially since it applies to any form of damage, and especially since it covers such a wide spectrum of the meta - and it's not like you can't heal him back up above 80% either. Hell if you replace Vantage with QR you have a literal monster, so I'd strongly suggest reworking the Axe to something akin to Urvan.

@Usana Heck I really like that Axebearing Inigo. My only complain is the exact same complain I had when the Performing Banner was announced. Why'd the new Dancers have to be 2 entirely new heroes + 2 heroes who were ALREADY dancers? Wouldn't it make for more variety to have someone a bit random take up a flute for example? I mean gameplay-wise it's no big deal but in a game like this variety is important. If I wanted to add a dancer to my team I had the options of Ninian, Azura, Olivia - and after the PA banner I had Shigure and Inigo, Ninian, and two variants each of Azura and Olivia  character to fill the same role. I'd have rather had someone else as an alternate form dancer, and have Olivia or Azura's reworks as, say, hardcore frontliners or something. But yeah, that fact aside, this new Shigure is pretty cool, having a dancer who can actually stand at the front line and dish out significant chip damage is very interesting. Only issue being that as an Armor unit without access to Pivot he'd quickly fall behind any non-Armors, meaning he'd better have an Armor team preferably with Armor march along to truly fulfill his role. Otherwise Quickened Beats is very cool, especially with something like Galeforce.

@CorrobinMirage Falchion is absurd no matter its base MT (even if we don't assume 16). "Effective damage" shouldn't be toyed with so lightly - it should be one category max per weapon, otherwise you get a pretty oppressive answer to a  very wide spectrum of the meta, which is imbalanced regardless of its comparative value. As for your second character, significant reworks are needed especially because of PVE interactions. In maps where the enemy doesn't move, he can bring all enemy units to 1 HP before making a move (OR they could make damage from his C skill aggro, but then it would STILL be imbalanced because it would remove the need of baiting in certain encounters). In a similar vibe Mirage Wo Dao is absurd because if it reduces special charge by 1 at start of turn if unit's HP is >= 80%, then in the above scenario unit just sits there at start of combat and builds up his Galeforce to proc immediately on first combat. Easy fix would be to change it to only work at <= 80% HP.

Here goes my Halloween Faye. As usual new skills in red. Make healers great again

TITLE: Witch in Love
NAME: Faye
ORB AFFINITY: Colorless Staff
STARTING STAR RANK: 5* (banner)

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: A cleric from Ram Village who decided to dress up as a witch for All Hallow's Eve and try to brew a love potion for her beloved. Appears in Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.

MOV: 2, Flier

STAT DISTRIBUTION:
BST: 148
HP: 38
ATK: 26
SPD: 30
DEF: 30
RES: 24

WEAPON:
3* - Gravity (6 MT, 2 RNG. After any combat, prevents foe from moving more than 1 space through its next action)
5* - Adoration (12 MT, 2 RNG. After any combat, foe must move at least 1 space towards unit through its next action, and if it attacks unit during that action, damage is reduced by 50%. Non-inheritable)

ASSIST:
1* - Heal (1 RNG. Restores 5 HP.)
3* - Restore (1 RNG. Restores 8 HP and removes all enemy effects from target.)

SPECIAL:
2* - Twilight Balm (2 CT. When healing an ally with a staff, grants target Atk/Def/Res/Spd +3 for 1 turn.)

SKILL A:
n/a

SKILL B:
2* - Dazzling Staff 1 (If unit has 100% HP at the start of combat, the enemy cannot counterattack.)
4* - Dazzling Staff 2 (If unit has >=50% HP at the start of combat, the enemy cannot counterattack.)
5* - Dazzling Staff 3 (The enemy cannot counterattack.)

SKILL C:
n/a

CONCEPT:
Halloween Faye is my attempt to do something fun with Staff users. As a healer she comes with a basic low BST compared to her peers. Her attack is subpar - she won't be doing much damage. But unlike most healers her survivability is decent and actually defense-oriented. Still she won't be able to take much of a beating - which is where her unique weapon, Adoration, comes in. With the ability to not only force her target to move towards her during the next turn, but also reduce said target's ability to damage her significantly, she becomes an excellent baiter for isolated physical units (I chose 12 as baseline MT for legendary staffs, making them slightly weaker than Bows and Tomes). Dazzling Staff in B slot makes her an even better initiator during the bait phase. The Restore assist is a basic heal skill that also removes all enemy effects from the target including any stat penalties and movement restrictions as well as other debilitating effects (for example, it would completely remove the effects of Adoration). Twilight Balm feels like a natural effect for healers who are intent on taking a support role in a team. Of note is of course her Flier-type movement which lets her navigate around the map easily and apply her buffs and debuffs, at the cost of being very vulnerable to archery.

Reinhardt Emblem Units: 

Spoiler

Reinhardt: Spring's Thunder

Colorless Archer

Weapon: Marshmallow Cannon (Debuffs and Restricts movement to 1. If Unit Initiates, unit gains 4hp)

Special: Moonbow

A: Triangle Adept

B: Greenbreaker (If unit has 70% or more HP against any green unit, this unit will make a follow up attack and the foe cannot )

C: Hone Resistance

Reinhardt: Thunder's Bride

Dagger Infantry

Weapon: Holy Rings (Foes movement is restricted to 1. Grants Rally Attack to allies in range after attack)

Assist: Swap

A: Swift Sparrow

B: Redbreaker (if this unit has 70% or more HP against any red unit, this unit will make a follow-up attack and the foe cannot)

C: Savage Blow

Reinhardt: Summer's Thunder

Blue Infantry Mage (So he can use Dire Thunder)

Weapon: Water Guns (Brave Weapon with built in knock back)

A: Death Blow

B: Vantage

C: Seal All (-5 on all stats after combat )

Critical Quotes:

Summer is Everything!

Drown in my Magic!

I won't let you go further!

I'll bury you in the sand!

Reinhardt: Preforming Thunder

Flying Axe Unit

Sparking Guitar (Grants Savage Blow 2 and debuffs enemies speed by 5 within 2 spaces)

Special: Blazing Flame

A: Darting Blow

B: Lancebreaker

C: Attack Smoke

Lukas Emblem Units:

Spoiler

Lukas: Spring's General

Axe Cavalry

Weapon: Gooey Axe (Restricts foes movement to 1. If unit initiates attack, unit recovers 4 HP)

Special: Astra

A: Armored Blow

B: Desperation

C: Ward Cavalry

Lukas: Wedding Planner

Blue Infantry Mage

Bridal Decorations (Restricts Movement to 1)

Special: Blazing Wind

A: Darting Blow

B: Poison Strike

C: Hone Attack

Lukas: Summer's Life Guard

Green Infantry Mage

Whistle (After combat, units within 2 spaces lose 5 SPD)

Assist: Rally Attack

A: Life and Death

B: Daggerbreaker

C: Infantry Pulse

Lukas: True Hero

Sword Infantry (Dread Fighter Class)

Astra (Grants the Unit Astra)

Assist: Pivot

C: Attack Ploy

Anthony Emblem Units: 

Spoiler

Anthony: Spring's Survivor

Infantry Sword

Weapon: Lucky Sword {A sword that's guard looks like rabbit ears} Accelerates Cooldown and recovers 1/2 damage dealt.

Assist: Pivot

A: Swift Strike (If Unit initiates Attack, Unit gains +6 SPD +4 atk)

B: Vantage

C: Vined (if unit initiates attack, foe is immobilized. Can't be inheirited)

Anthony: Vallite Summer

Dagger Calvary

Weapon: Soda Can (Foes movement is limited to one -5 SPD/atk debuffs on foe)

Special: Glimmer

A: Water Boost

B: Bluebreaker (If Unit has 70% or more HP against any blue unit, Unit will make a follow-up attack and the foe cannot)

C: Hone Cavalry

Anthony: New Ruler

Blue Infantry Mage

Weapon: Water's Breath (Effective Against Dragons. Grants Renewal 2)

Special: Draconic Breath (Foes in range take damage before combat. Res -50%. Non inheritable)

A: Wind Boost

C: Savage Blow

Anthony: Sharp Thunder (he's wearing Lukas' armor and Rein's scarf)

Lance Cavalry

Weapon: Brave Lance+

Special: Moonbow

B: Seal Attack

C: Innocent Pranks (after combat units within range take 7 damage and -4 in all stats. Can't be inherited )

@Nightmayre If effective weapons shouldn't be messed with, why does nobody use them? I have never seen one Hammer, Armorslayer, Heavy Spear, X-Wolf, Zanbato or Ridersbane in the Arena to this day.

3 hours ago, Nightmayre said:

@Usana Heck I really like that Axebearing Inigo. My only complain is the exact same complain I had when the Performing Banner was announced. Why'd the new Dancers have to be 2 entirely new heroes + 2 heroes who were ALREADY dancers? Wouldn't it make for more variety to have someone a bit random take up a flute for example? I mean gameplay-wise it's no big deal but in a game like this variety is important. If I wanted to add a dancer to my team I had the options of Ninian, Azura, Olivia - and after the PA banner I had Shigure and Inigo, Ninian, and two variants each of Azura and Olivia  character to fill the same role. I'd have rather had someone else as an alternate form dancer, and have Olivia or Azura's reworks as, say, hardcore frontliners or something. But yeah, that fact aside, this new Shigure is pretty cool, having a dancer who can actually stand at the front line and dish out significant chip damage is very interesting. Only issue being that as an Armor unit without access to Pivot he'd quickly fall behind any non-Armors, meaning he'd better have an Armor team preferably with Armor march along to truly fulfill his role. Otherwise Quickened Beats is very cool, especially with something like Galeforce.

Regarding alternates I was thinking of doing up one dancer for each unrepresented move type. So I still want to make a Cavalry and Flying dancer. My idea for Cavalry is Yukimura being a Puppet Dancer(Cavalry Dagger, which is just gonna have crap for BST. That would be 135 I think. Bow Dancer would be the same and is an appealing option since we have a dagger dancer already, but I would definitely build the two differently). He was just the first thing that came to mind when I was thinking Cavalry dancer. He makes the puppet dance for you! That is what happened with Shigure as well. Obviously a heavy metal singer popped into mind when I imagined a armored dancer. And that pretty much meant they had to have an axe. What other singer has both a blue and an axe version? His mother of course! I just found the parallels fun. Flier I was thinking flying staff Sakura. I don't like that all my choices are Fates characters. But I can't really think of any other character that fits flying staff dancer in my minds eye. Just seems perfect for Sakura. Though seeing a Faye reminds me that Faye would also fit such a idea. Maybe I am just fixated on Sakura and that is blocking me form seeing different options.

As for movement I just kinda imagine a unit using draw back on him. He dances unit and unit draws back again. The guy is just to focused on his craft that if you want him to get anywhere you gotta drag his arse there! If in a team that isn't armor reposition can be used similarly. But yeah he has to pay for that 10 extra bst somehow and a low mobility dancer is interesting from a tactical perspective. AI would be horrible with it though.

3 hours ago, Nightmayre said:

As for your second character, significant reworks are needed especially because of PVE interactions. In maps where the enemy doesn't move, he can bring all enemy units to 1 HP before making a move (OR they could make damage from his C skill aggro, but then it would STILL be imbalanced because it would remove the need of baiting in certain encounters). In a similar vibe Mirage Wo Dao is absurd because if it reduces special charge by 1 at start of turn if unit's HP is >= 80%, then in the above scenario unit just sits there at start of combat and builds up his Galeforce to proc immediately on first combat. Easy fix would be to change it to only work at <= 80% HP.

You make a point with the poison ploy. I had just assumed the AI would start aggro once it takes damage from the skill. I don't really think it would be too imbalanced then, but I also REALLY hate being forced to use the ranged + reposition + dancer combo to start such encounters. That said it would require map designers to take such aggro'ing into account. It would make design more difficult and I could see them taking the easy way out and just inflating HP stats or creating a Ploy shield seal/ability that blocks ploy effects.

I did think Mirage was supposed to be a Wrath 3 effect at first and only caught myself when I re-read it, which personally I think would be a better fit. That said I don't see it any more broken than my Quickened Beats since in theory you could have 3 galeforce teammates and just move them and dance them until all are charged. And then go in. Any sort of out of combat cooldown charge is exploitable as can be on maps where you have to trigger the assault. Broken as can be if folks want to abuse it, but if used in good faith it can be fun.

Wait. Are we misreading that ability? It says cooldown -1. That language usually means a killer effect so it wouldn't ever fully charge a special unless stacked with a killer. Stuff like Heavy blade always reads cooldown charge +1. He didn't correct our perception so I assume we have been interpreting it correctly.

Regarding Faye, boy would I love a status clear heal. Panic Ploy can be real annoying when fighting on some maps due to how inflated enemy stats are on higher difficulties. When even the AI's mages have more HP than some of your frontliners you begin to want to cry. That staff could be real annoying/fun against a 2 range unit since you have to move towards the staff wielder. There are all sorts of positional fun one could have to block the two ranger from being able to attack at all!

3 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

@Nightmayre If effective weapons shouldn't be messed with, why does nobody use them? I have never seen one Hammer, Armorslayer, Heavy Spear, X-Wolf, Zanbato or Ridersbane in the Arena to this day.

What level of arena are you? Anti-armor start becoming valuable once you hit the highest tiers simply because punching through that defense can be tough. That said it really only occurs when you are dealing with tough units you really need that additional power against. In other words effective vs. Armor is by far the most valuable. Actually scratch that. Poison dagger's effective vs. Infantry is insane and only isn't bonkers due to VERY low might and the fact that few dagger units have the attack stat to make up for it. We are talking 5 might. How often have you used units with an effective legendary? What keeps many effective weapons down is their subpar might. When you pair 16mt with effectiveness you get a bit of a monster where even color advantage may not be enough. Falchion for example. F!Corrin has the highest defense of dragons plus color advantage and still needs to be careful around units with Falchion. She basically has to let them attack first and then finish them on player phase. And even then Lucina can orko her, unless you knock Lucina's speed down first. So yeah I can see the worry about a bunch of effectiveness. That said I would be fine with the limit being two and no additional effect and perhaps reduced might if the coverage is good. Dragon and Armor for example wouldn't cover too many units and so would be too bad. But Infantry and Cavalry would be beyond insane, even if you really tank the might. Remember even with 5mt Poison Dagger is impressive simply because so many units are effected by it.

I should probably look through Hero_Lucina's too, but it is past my bed time and this is already long enough. I'll try and look through later.

Nobody really noticed my Ruby, so I guess I'll make one of myself. 

Spoiler

Name: Echo

'Title: Cynical Strategist

Description: A mage from another realm. Willing to share his knowledge and kindness, but is often suspicious of others.

Weapon Type: Red Tome

Movement Type: Horse

Rarity: 5* Exclusive

Stats:

HP: Average ***

ATK: Average ***

SPD: Very Poor *

DEF: High ****

RES: High: ****

Weapon: Rauorpierce  + (13 MT/ If this unit is fighting another unit with the same movement type, color, or weapon type, this unit gets +1 to all stats. (If the units share more than one of these traits, the effect stacks, up to +3 to all stats.)

Special: Bonfire

A Skill: Close Counter

B Skill: Quick Riposte 

Quotes:

Summoning Quote: Hello. I'm Echo. I'm sure I can help you, but only if you promise never to stab me in the back.

Friend Quote: "Hi. Your friend (Friend) asked me to say hi. You be sure not to betray them." 

Movement Quotes: 

"Yea?"

"I'll see that it's done."

"What now?'

Skill Activation Quotes: 

"Sorry about this!"

"HIYAAA!"

"Prepare to meet your maker!" 

Confession:

"Hey there (Summoner). You know, I used to be a part of a group like this. We were close, until the day they left me for dead during an encounter with some monsters. I managed to escape in one piece, but the experience still traumatizes me to this day. But I know that you won't do that to me. Hopefully our friendship will last a long time."

Hmm, I like the Pierce idea. I was going to say maybe it should have less might since non-legendary no effect tomes have 13mt like Rexcaliber+. But then I saw Gronnblade+ has 13mt, not 12 like I misremembered, so that fits. Man Rexcaliber+ just gets the short end doesn't it? Stat wise I am imagining something like a Defense Boon/Spd Bane Leo with maybe a point or two off of attack as well to beef up defenses somemore, is that what you were going for?

Well as stated here is Yukimura, the Puppet Dancer.

Cavalry Bow
135 BST
HP/30 ATK/32 SPD/26 DEF/21 RES/26

This bst is pure evil. He dies to anything that looks his way. Is too slow to do much of anything. But with 32 atk he could at least be a flier killer or given a brave bow to kill some stuff. I could have just dropped his def to 13 to get an extra 8 points to play with, but I already minmaxed on his HP and I don't like doing that to too many stats.

Weapon: Bogiblade+ - 13Mt - 2 Range - Effective vs. Flying units. Slows Special trigger (cooldown count+1). Adds total bonuses on unit to damage dealt.

Bladetome for archers. So I basically just copied it from Gronnblade+. The non-plus version would be the same as non-plus blades like usual(9).

Assist: Dance

B Skill: Mobility Dance - When Dance/Sing is used grants target unit the abiltiy to pass through terrain and enemy units.

Basically it would grant the Pass ability AND the ability to cross terrain you normally couldn't just as if it were an enemy unit. So no stopping on it. Obviously he is designed to function with a cavalry team and this would be beyond terrifying for me since I so often try and use tree cover to hide from cavs. It would be less useful on infantry, just like pass, but would let you forge across rivers without a bridge as well as letting you ignore forest movement cost. So still useful, but not quite as terrifying as if a Cav receives the buff. I would not intend for this skill to let units pass through walls. Walls should still function as they should. But if it ended up allowing that as well that could make for interesting encounters all right.

C Skill: Mobility Ploy - Units in cardinal directions with less res have mobility restricted to 1 space.

I hate myself. If mobility ploy would ever really become a thing I think I might cry. That said due to 135 BST and the fact that I didn't want to min-max too many stats, Yukimura doesn't really have the base Res to make it truly terrifying. Though a res boon will make this much scarier.

I thought up a story that puts Elise and Sakura as the Queens of Nohr and Hoshido, respectively. I really like this idea (as much as it's in its rough draft), and I want to put some characters from that story as Heroes.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Name: Elise
Title: Queen of Courtesy
Affinity: Green Axe
Character Description: Formerly a princess, she became Queen after her father's sudden demise. Her innocent kindness is somehow more capable of killing foes than her father's iron fist.
***** Excellent (over 47 HP, over 35 others); **** Good (44-47 HP, 32-35 others); *** Average (40-43 HP, 28-31 others); ** Poor (36-39 HP, 25-27 others); * Terrible (below 36 HP, below 25 others)
HP: **** (45)
Atk: *** (30)
Spd: *** (32)
Def: * (22)
Res: **** (34)
Mov: 2 (Flier)
5* Weapon: Bälder
Weapon Description: A reforging of late King Garon's axe Bölverk, done so to cover up his sudden heart attack. Its appearance has been changed to look more like a large Brave Axe.
Weapon Statistics: 11 Might. -8 Spd. Attack twice during combat. Foe restores 10 HP after combat.
Support: Perking Rally
Support Statistics: Grants target Special cooldown count-1. (Once per turn only.)
Special: None
Special Statistics: None
A Passive: None
Passive Statistics: None
B Passive: Rush Relief
Passive Statistics: Unit can take another action after using support skill, but cannot use it again this turn.
C Passive: Serene Smoke 2
Passive Statistics: After combat, inflicts Atk/Spd/Def-4 on foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions.

Spoiler

Name: Sakura
Title: Queen of Gratitude
Affinity: Gray Bow
Character Description: Queen of Hoshido who assumed control some time after Mikoto choked on a sharp bone and died. Her capabilities with a bow are as strong as her desires.
***** Excellent (over 47 HP, over 35 others); **** Good (44-47 HP, 32-35 others); *** Average (40-43 HP, 28-31 others); ** Poor (36-39 HP, 25-27 others); * Terrible (below 36 HP, below 25 others)
HP: ** (38)
Atk: **** (34)
Spd: ** (26)
Def: *** (30)
Res: **** (33)
Mov: 2 (Infantry)
5* Weapon: Silver Star Yumi
Weapon Description: An expensive Yumi crafted by only the most capable bowyers. Inlaid with countless enchanted jewels.
Weapon Statistics: 14 Might. If unit has 100% HP at the start of combat, unit receives Atk/Spd+8. Unit cannot follow-up during combat.
Support: None
Support Statistics: None
Special: Passionate Shot
Special Statistics: 
A Passive: 
Passive Statistics:
B Passive: Windsweep 3
Passive Statistics: If unit initiates attack, no follow-up occurs. Against foe with sword, lance, axe, bow, or dagger, if unit’s Spd - foe’s Spd ≥ 1, foe can’t counterattack.
C Passive: Graceful Blow 2
Passive Statistics: Inflicts 5 damage and Atk-5 to foe after combat this unit initiates.

Spoiler

Name: Igor
Title: Kindness Killer
Affinity: Blue Tome
Character Description: Previously Garon's, he became Elise's secret advisor after the king's sudden heart attack. After Elise's methods of kindness were shown to be more effective than Garon's at infiltrating Hoshido, he started to adopt a kinder attitude to achieve his goals.
HP: *** (40)
Atk: **** (33)
Spd: ** (25)
Def: * (20)
Res: **** (36)
Mov: 2 (Infantry)
5* Weapon: Fimbulvetr+
Weapon Description: A tome that unleashes a great blizzard at the foe.
Weapon Statistics: 11 Might. Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count -1). When initiating attack, no follow-up occurs. Grants Res+4 at the start of every turn if Special cooldown = 0.
Support: None
Support Statistics: None
Special: Glacies
Special Statistics: 4 Cooldown. Boosts damage by 80% of unit's Res.
A Passive: Generous Fury
Passive Statistics: Restores 10 HP to foe before combat. Grants unit Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 if foe's HP=100%.
B Passive: None
Passive Statistics: None
C Passive: Slow Blow 2
Passive Statistics: Inflicts 5 damage and Spd-5 to foe after combat this unit initiates.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

Spoiler

TITLE: Living Legend
NAME: Athos
ORB AFFINITY: Red Tome
STARTING STAR RANK: 5 (banner)

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: An ancient hero of legend, master of magic and wielder of the legendary tome Forblaze. Appears in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade.

MOV: 2, Infantry

STAT DISTRIBUTION:
BST: 151 (Ranged Infantry BST + 2)
HP: 44
ATK: 40
SPD: 16
DEF: 15
RES: 36

WEAPON:
1* - Fire (4 MT, 2 RNG)
2* - Elfire (6 MT, 2 RNG)
3* - Bolganone (9 MT, 2 RNG)
5* - Forblaze (14 MT, 2 RNG. Res+3. Unit cannot perform follow-up attacks. When unit with HP >= 50% is in combat with a Tome user, foe cannot perform follow-up attacks. Non-inheritable)

ASSIST:
n/a

SPECIAL:
3* - Rising Flame (5 CT. Before combat this unit initiates, foes in an area near target take damage equal to (unit's Atk minus foe's Def or Res))
4* - Blazing Flame (5 CT. Before combat this unit initiates, foes in an area near target take damage equal to 1.5x (unit's Atk minus foe's Def or Res))
5* - Meteor (6 CT. Before combat this unit initiates, foes in an area near target take damage equal to 2.5x (unit's Atk minus foe's Def or Res). Non-inheritable)

SKILL A:
5* - Archmage (When in combat with Tome users, Atk/Res+4 and nullifies weapon triangle advantage. Non-inheritable)

SKILL B:
n/a

SKILL C:
1* - Spur Atk 1 (Grants adjacent allies Atk+2 during combat)
3* - Spur Atk 2 (Grants adjacent allies Atk+3 during combat)
5* - Goad Mages (Grants infantry Tome or Staff user allies within 2 spaces Atk/Spd+4 during combat. Inheritable only by infantry Tome or Staff users)

CONCEPT:
Athos has one role - he's a magical juggernaut, walking across the battlefield and wreaking havoc upon the enemies with the sheer force of his magic, while at the same time burning any other mages who dare stand against him to cinders. His stats and skillset fully reflect this role. His speed and defense are abysmal, he won't be able to stand against any physical damage whatsoever despite his higher than average HP. However his attack power is among the highest in the game, and when he's facing off against other magic users, his speed and defense won't matter. His unique weapon Forblaze gives him extra resistance, as well as the ability to seal follow-up attacks from any tome user Athos is fighting while he's above half health - at the cost of the unit not being able to perform follow-up attacks at all (so no synergy with a Breaker skill). His A skill, Archmage, is also a unique skill that boosts his Attack and Res even further while facing mages as well as completely negating the weapon triangle advantage against them - while he will not be able to overkill green mages, he will not have a problem facing off against any blue mages either. Overall his skillset is entirely geared towards baiting and destroying enemy tome users. His C skill is a Goad that works on infantry mages, adding synergy potential and inheritance value to his skillset. Additionally he has access to the powerful special Meteor, a non-inheritable 3rd level upgrade for the Rising/Blazing/Growing Flame series that deals extra damage at the cost of one extra charge. It may not be very practical on Athos who has such low speed and no charge skills, but it does sound cool.

Spoiler

TITLE: Crag of Caelin
NAME: Wallace
ORB AFFINITY: Blue Lance

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: A retired general from Caelin. Despite his rough exterior, he is fiercely loyal and willing to disobey orders if it means doing the right thing. Appears in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade.

MOV: 1, Armored

STAT DISTRIBUTION:
BST: 166 (Armor veteran BST)
HP: 54
ATK: 38
SPD: 19
DEF: 35
RES: 20

WEAPON:
1* - Iron Lance (6 MT, 1 RNG)
2* - Steel Lance+ (8 MT, 1 RNG)
3* - Slaying Lance (10 MT, 1 RNG. Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1))
5* - Slaying Lance+ (14 MT, 1 RNG. Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1))

ASSIST:
n/a

SPECIAL:
3* - Buckler (3 CT. Reduces damage inflicted by attacks from adjacent foes by 30%)
5* - Escutcheon (2 CT. Reduces damage inflicted by attacks from adjacent foes by 30%)

SKILL A:
n/a

SKILL B:
2* - Desolation 1 (If there are no other adjacent units to unit and foe, foe cannot perform a follow-up attack. Inheritable only by infantry and armor melee units)
4* - Desolation 2 (If there are no other adjacent enemies to unit and foe, foe cannot perform a follow-up attack. Inheritable only by infantry and armor melee units)
5* - Desolation 3 (If there are no other adjacent enemies to unit and foe, unit performs a follow-up attack and foe cannot. Inheritable only by infantry and armor melee units)

SKILL C:
1* - Spur Def 1 (Grants adjacent allies Def+2 during combat)
3* - Spur Def 2 (Grants adjacent allies Def+3 during combat)
4* - Goad Armor (Grants armored allies within 2 spaces Spd/Atk+4 during combat)

CONCEPT:
Wallace does not attempt to do anything revolutionary. He's a solid armor unit with a lance, with a stat spread similar to Hector and his peers - high HP, attack and defense, low speed and resistance. On the flipside he's equipped with a Slaying Lance which, if you leave his default Escutcheon, can charge up his special on every battle. He does sport a unique B skill, Desolation, which emphasizes positioning advantage and tactical movement. For it to work, you need to isolate both Wallace and his target from the enemy team, but if you do your foe's follow-ups are sealed, negating the drawbacks of the bearer's low speed, and at the third level it even gives Wallace a free follow-up, severely increasing his damage potential.

Spoiler

TITLE: Child of Destiny
NAME: Nils
ORB AFFINITY: Green Breath

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: A half-dragon in the form of a young boy, one of the few dragons to have survived the Scouring. Appears in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade.

MOV: 2, Infantry

STAT DISTRIBUTION:
BST: 149 (Ninian BST)
HP: 46
ATK: 24
SPD: 28
DEF: 28
RES: 23

WEAPON:
1* - Fire Breath (6 MT, 1 RNG)
2* - Fire Breath+ (8 MT, 1 RNG)
3* - Sky Breath (9 MT, 1 RNG. Grants Def/Res+2 when this unit is attacked)
5* - Sky Breath+ (13 MT, 1 RNG. Grants Def/Res+2 when this unit is attacked)

ASSIST:
5* - Sing (1 RNG. Enables target to take another action. Cannot be used on units with Sing or Dance)

SPECIAL:
n/a

SKILL A:
5* - Dragonscale (If attacked, grants Def/Res+2 and neutralizes "effective against" bonuses. Inheritable only by dragons)

SKILL B:
1* - Torrent Dance 1 (If Sing or Dance is used, target also granted Res+3)
3* - Torrent Dance 2 (If Sing or Dance is used, target also granted Res+4)
5* - Ninis' Grace (If Sing or Dance is used, target is also granted Def/Res+4 and heals 8 HP. Inheritable only by Nils/Ninian)

SKILL C:
n/a

CONCEPT:
In Blazing Blade, Nils and Ninian have identical stats and skills and share effectively the same role. In Heroes I tried to differentiate them a little bit. Nils is a green manakete compared to Ninian's blue, making him more effective at countering blue threats. He also has greater emphasis on defense instead of res, and HP instead of speed. His role as a bait / support unit is emphasized by his breath weapon Sky Breath, which gives him extra defensive stats when attacked similar to Naga. Of course he has the Sing skill faithful to his original incarnation. His A skill is a dragon version of the Shield series that neutralizes effective damage, such as from weapons like Falchion and Naga. It is better/worse in that while it only works when the unit is under attack, it also gives a boost to Def/Res. Since Nils is not built as an attacker it should serve him well, although he probably still won't be able to stand against Falchion users - nonetheless it is a consideration for inheritance. Finally his B skill is a Torrent Dance which evolves into Ninis' Grace, a skill unique to Nils and Ninian that has the effects of Geyser Dance 2 coupled with a slight heal - a good deal for a supporting hero.

Spoiler

TITLE: Wolf of Sacae
NAME: Rath
ORB AFFINITY: Colorless Bow

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: A nomad from the plains of Sacae who has become a mercenary for a living. Despises his current contractor. Appears in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade.

MOV: 3, Cavalry

STAT DISTRIBUTION:
BST: 146 (Ranged Cavalry BST + 2)
HP: 33
ATK: 30
SPD: 38
DEF: 26
RES: 19

WEAPON:
1* - Iron Bow (4 MT, 2 RNG. Effective against flying units)
2* - Steel Bow (6 MT, 2 RNG. Effective against flying units)
3* - Shortbow (6 MT, 2 RNG. Effective against flying and cavalry units)
5* - Shortbow+ (10 MT, 2 RNG. Effective against flying and cavalry units)

ASSIST:
4* - Draw Back (1 RNG. Unit moves 1 space away from target ally, who moves to unit's former position)

SPECIAL:
n/a

SKILL A:
2* - Death Blow 1 (If unit initiates combat, unit granted Atk+2 during battle)
4* - Swift Sparrow 1 (If unit initiates combat, unit granted Atk/Spd+2 during battle)
5* - Swift Sparrow 2 (If unit initiates combat, unit granted Atk/Spd+4 during battle)

SKILL B:
n/a

SKILL C:
1* - Spur Spd 1 (Grants adjacent allies Atk+2 during combat)
3* - Spur Spd 2 (Grants adjacent allies Atk+3 during combat)
4* - Goad Cavalry (Grants cavalry allies within 2 spaces Atk/Spd+4 during combat. Only inheritable by cavalry units)

CONCEPT:
Predictably, Rath comes to complement Brave Lyn as the second mounted archer to enter the game. With slightly lower BST than Brave Lyn, he still comes with a respectable offensive spread, focused mostly on speed. His skillset is a powerful set of Swift Sparrow and Goad Cavalry, both synergizing with his role and making him a valuable inheritance source. He also comes with a new, inheritable weapon called Shortbow. Despite having a lower might, it offers the significant advantage of adding effective damage to Cavalry, making Rath a suitable counter for a significant portion of the meta.

Four Blazing Blade characters, meant to be in a banner together. After the banner ends, Athos and Nils stay as 5*, Rath and Wallace drop to 4*-5* pool.

Nothing much to add, just read the concepts for more information.

CHANGELOG:

- Fixed Wallace move type
- Modified Hone Mages to work with Staff users

Edited by Nightmayre

9 hours ago, MageKnightEcho said:

Interesting concept. I like the movement-based skills. But why a dancer?

In my reply to Nightmayre I had stated that I wanted to create a dancer for each movement type not currently represented. I did Armored Shigure since that sprung to mind first. For cavalry I had a harder time until I thought of the Mechanist's Puppet mount. A puppet dancer sprung to mind and Yukimura was the obvious pick there. Also I did Bogiblade purely because when I saw bow was Bogi I pronounced it Boogie(which is wrong, but hey) and I just thought a boogie weapon would be perfect for a dancer. Of course it is actually pronounced like bow, so whoops. But at that point it was stuck in my mind as the perfect weapon. Plus it would hopefully make most folks think twice about just dumping a brave bow on him. I do get tired of hearing 'put a brave bow on them' in reference to archers.

Anyways, I finally came up with my Dancing flier thought she isn't what I expected.

Minerva - Aerial Dancer
Lance Wyvern Flier
149 BST
HP/37 ATK/26 SDP/35 DEF/38 RES/13

BST 149 since that is what all 3 of 4 1 range dancers have so far. If I gave her Olivia's 150 I suppose I could dump it in Speed or something. But I went with the majority. Anyways as said before I don't like min'ing out too many stats. So I dumped Res and put enough in HP and attack to not feel like I was dumping them too hard. Clearly going for physical wall here.

Weapon: Iote's Lance - 13MT - Effective vs. Archers. Grants weapon advantage vs. colorless foes. Cannot be inherited.

It is rather overkill for this Legendary Raven Lance to also be effective vs archers, but she is being set-up to counter archers so I wanted to make sure you would actually try and keep your archers away from her rather than face tanking with a Leon or something. Also it let me feel safe in dropping the mt down to standard raven levels to further specialize her role in flier teams. 11mt compared to 13mt for tome silver equivalent, so 13mt for 1 range raven seems about right. Though I almost just left it at 11 until I realized that is Amitii's mt and having the same mt as a legendary brave would be sad.

Assist: Dance

A Skill: Iote's Shield

Again Role is anti-archer. Plus continues the Iote theme, which is why I went with Minerva. Though maybe I should have done Michalis instead now that I think of it. Well, I like Minerva better anyways, besides my Dancer submissions were becoming a bit of a sausage fest.

B Skill: Counter Maneuvers - When Dance/Sing is used on a unit, the unit no longer suffers from effective damage through its next action.

Thought about making it Aerial Maneuvers and having it grant +1 move to fliers. But I figured I would double down on shutting down effectiveness against her team instead. I thought about it just effecting flying units, but that seemed kinda niche. Though it may not always be so since we are getting more weapon specific effectiveness with the kitty paddle. However, being carte blanche for any unit might be rather oppressive?

For some reason I get the feeling she really does not like Archers. Sorry Virion, but this Wyvern Rider is outta your grasp.

Hey guys, I'm going to make a new hero. And I actually have the art of this Hero to share with you guys, I commissioned an artist to draw them of course I will credit them, the art was done by moofinkitty she has a deviantart account.

Ben Tennyson:

Type: Red Sword

Weapon: Omnisword 

Mt: 16

Effect:

Grants Spd/Res+4. If in combat against foe with magic, staff, or dragonstone unit inflicts half the damage back to the enemy when attacked.

B Slot:

Vantage 3

C Slot:

Fortify Swords:

Grants adjacent sword allies Res/Def+6 through their next actions.

HP: 35

Atk: 39 (Base Atk)

Def:16

Res:24

Spd: 37 (Without the Spd/Res+4 built in skill)

What do you guys think of the art? I'm gonna commission her in the future. If you want to contact her for a commission you can talk to her on dA.

Ben Ten Potraits (1).png

Fight 2 (1).png

Special.png

Injured.png

Comeing up next as a Grand Hero Battle Season 1 Finale!
Loki, disguised as a darker version of Anna herself. Can our Askr heroes with their Legendary Melee Weapons "Folkvangr, Fensalir and Noatun" take on the Emblian trio Loki, Bruno and Veronica, who sport the 3 Legendary Emblian tomes "Naglfar, Valaskjalf and Elivagar" defeat them in this final showdown!?

Weapon Might allready included in Base Stats!

Weapon:
Naglfar, Mt. 14, Range 2, Enables unit to warp adjacent to any ally with HP < 40%.
[Exclusiv, not inheritable]
Be carefull in your Grand Hero Battle and dont let any oponent live below 40% or you might face the wrath of Naglfar instantly!

Special:
Sol Eclipse, Heal 100% of damage dealt, Special Cooldown 3
[Exclusiv, not inheritable]
An upgraded Version of Sol, with less Cooldown count and more HP healed, however it doesnt grant more damage potential!

A Passiv: Counter Spell
If in combat against magic tome users, unit allways gets triangle advantage.
[Inheritable, Restrictions: only Infantery, only Tome users]
Get your stuff straight, attacking Loki with Tome users will get you killed!

B Passiv: Farbauti's Barrier
If unit is attacked by foe useing Bow/Dagger, unit attacks first and makes a follow up attack.
[Unit Exclusiv, not inheritable]
Bows/Daggers? you really want to suffer in this ranged battle? Attacking her first on those units will get you killed by the instant, you either bait him with high res Bow users (canceling Farbaut's Barrier) or send in melees to finish the job! But never forget she has company in the form of Veronica and Bruno!

Note for Lunatic and Infernal mode the BST are higher then usual!

Edited by Hilda

Gonna comment on some recent posts. Here's to maybe building some commentary back-and-forth here, it's unfortunate that several good designs are entirely overlooked and left without comment.

As a side note, the link in my signature points to one of my posts in this thread which contains links to all custom characters I've made (since they're currently scattered in the thread and first post is not being updated any more). Feel free to check them out and comment on any of them at will (even though some of the older ones desperately need redesigns and also need to have stats added)

@Corrobin 

Spoiler

Effective weapons are actually really dangerous and heavily affect the meta. For a long time after the game's launch, dragons were not very popular despite their high BST and innate DC, because they could be shut down by Lucina who was a widely used Falchion user due to her stat spread. Only after the meta shifted and sword lords like Falchion users became less popular did dragons have a chance to shine. Additionally the viability of flier teams waxes and wanes not so much based on the quality of fliers available, but on the quality of archers available. Stronger meta-defining archers like Brave Lyn make fliers a liability so they instantly drop in usability. Even a single powerful unit with a double effectiveness can become meta-defining... but giving it coverage against dragons, armor AND cavalry (and then just shoving in an archer for flier coverage) is ridiculous.

@Usana 

Spoiler

(Yukimura, the Puppet Dancer) I... can't agree with this here. Cavalry teams are already dominating the meta at the low-to-mid merge levels to the point where I can't really condone anything that makes them more oppressive. A cavalry dancer is... beyond potent really, Dancers in general are so good that I often run a 3-cavalry core with 1 dancer in times when I need to make extra sure nothing dies (TT, SA). His low stats can be greatly mitigated by Hone Cavalry, and his weapon just makes things even more oppressive - plus colorless is actually a great coverage spot for a dancer / support unit, with that Blade bow and Cavalry buffs he actually becomes a serious threat against anything. Give him Hone Cavalry for even further support and it gets monstrous. But even then, he could possibly sit well with me... if it weren't for that B skill. If there's ONE thing that maybe sorta balances out horse teams is that they can be greatly shafted occasionally by terrain. Mobility Dance utterly pisses on that, giving horses movement versatility close to fliers. Overall I just think a mounted / flying dancer is a bad idea for multiple reasons and the meta isn't ready for it yet. But that's just my view on the balance - the skills and character are well thought out and creative, so it's a job well done overall.

Spoiler

(Minerva, Aerial Dancer) I already stated above my thoughts on a flier dancer - too soon compared to the current game environment. That said Minerva is significantly more balanced than Yukimura - flier teams benefit less from a dancer flier than cavalry teams from a cavalry flier, in my opinion, plus Minerva is melee which is a huge point. That said an anti-archer flier is in a weird spot thematically. I'm not even sure how effective she is at that role. Her weapon makes her capable of tanking colorless but lack of DC makes her unable to kill them on enemy phase, which is what makes Raven tomes so good at their job - baiting and wrecking enemy ranged units they have advantage against. It's a good concept to be sure, but it probably doesn't contribute to her usefulness as much as it seems. You can't even remove Iote's Shield for Distant Counter because then she'd probably die to Brave Bow users. Likewise I feel her B skill is just too niche. I mean... usually you don't have to deal with effective damage during player phase, since you can mostly pick your targets. I suppose you can dance a flier then pass in order for it to retain the resistance through the enemy turn and survive an archer attack but... you know, if you dance it, you can probably use it to kill that archer. I just think it's one of those skills that feel nice on paper, but in practice it will be immediately replaced by a more suitable B skill (which is not a bad thing per se, when I make characters I often give them niche skills that I think I myself would personally replace on the unit, just because I try to emulate "real" design the way IS does). If you ask me, you could follow your original design and give the dance target +1 MOV for the turn and I'd be ok with it balance-wise.

@MageKnightEcho

Spoiler

(Echo, the Cynical Strategist) It looks like you're trying to turn yourself into premium inheritance fodder, I mean, that CC and QR are delicious. Jokes aside, it looks like a decent tanky horse mage, which is a creative design basis. I like the weapon, originally I thought it should be 12 MT, but then I ran the math against Owl tomes and 13+3 (max) = 16 for this while 10+2x3=16 (max) for Owls so it's pretty well-balanced, Owls having a higher payout if you fill out its conditions, but Pierces starting out at extra MT. You do need to clarify what you mean by "weapon type" - does it lump together all tomes under the same type? And this bothers me more than it should but since the effect is on a fixed tome (and not a passive skill, which would have been better) "color" and "weapon type" feel like fluff (since Raudrpierce has both a set color and a set type)... I know you're obviously using this wording in order to be able to clone this effect on other weapons / skills / seals, so it's probably just me. But yeah, I like the character concept.

@MilodicMellodi 

Spoiler

(Queen Elise) I won't pretend I can help with Balder's balance. It's an axe Amiti with 5 less Spd that works on enemy phase too, but also heals the foe after combat (assuming they survived which is a big if). The main issue you encounter with this is that any ranged unit can use it as a pseudo heal... which of course you can counteract with Distant Counter. I mean, in theory, there won't be many ways for Elise to consistently manage 4x enemy phase strikes against any but the slowest of enemies, which removes some of its oppressiveness, buuut... slap DC+QR on her and some sort of healing special and things get ugly, especially with Flier buffs. But I will give you points for originality as well as building an interesting Flier axewoman. Perking Rally is good but that kind of effect has already been established to sorta need a drawback, I strongly suggest that an Assist that lowers target's charge proportionately increases user's charge to compensate. Rush Relief is also a nice idea that may end up rather unbalanced - I'd probably err on the side of caution and restrict it to NOT work with any positioning assist, and work only with heals / rallies etc.

Spoiler

(Queen Sakura) I'm a tad skeptical of how useful her weapon is. Based on the wording I am led to believe that the follow-up restriction is only when unit has 100% HP, which is reasonable. I also understand that it is a weapon designed to work with Sweep skills (which surprise surprise, she has). The problem is of course that if she takes just a little bit of damage it is nullified, and her Spd isn't that high to begin with, meaning its actual usefulness becomes niche (at least until you slap Phantom Spd 3 on her, which I assume is her intended build). It is an interesting concept, so bonus points for good thinking here. You didn't specify what her special does. Her C skill is nice and flavorful, which I approve - except as it contains elements of a Seal skill I'm just not sure whether it's acceptable as a C slot. This was actually a point of internal debate for me earlier - if a skill combines elements from 2 different passive slots, which slot should it go to? As I've reached no conclusion so far I guess having it as a C slot is perfectly fine.

Spoiler

(Kindness Igor) I like this guy, I really do. Both Fimbulvetr and Generous Fury are refreshingly original. I'm not sure but I'm somewhat bothered by Fimbulvetr being so weak - I'd have rather seen it as a non-inheritable tome but stronger, as it is, I can't say with any confidence if it would see much play at all. Otherwise he's a solid magic tank with good potential. Like before, Slow Blow is a nice type of skill, see above.

@BlazingMage

Spoiler

(Ben Tennyson) The main problem I have is how off-theme everything is about this unit. The art, name and even weapon are not something that would fit with Fire Emblem at all. It's fine if you want to make a parody / OOC character but you should probably clarify your intent when you do so. Overlooking that... the art is actually pretty nice and colorful, I mean I wouldn't use it for Fire Emblem stuff but still. Balance-wise he looks tailor-crafted to face mages, in which case DC is probably a must on A-slot. His weapon is unbalanced, +4 to 2 stats is overkill even if it was the only effect - the reflect effect makes it even worse. Since the standard set by weapons such as Brave Lyn's Mulagir is +3 to one stat and a secondary skill, I'd make the bonus +2 instead - or I'd keep the +4/+4 but make it only work when defending, to fit his general enemy phase unit concept - even then it might be slightly too much. Fortify Swords is not something you'd use, as a team focused on one color is very vulnerable considering even one unit with color advantage can shut it down - that is until we get Lancereavers etc. I have made a skill called "Fortify Soldiers (Grants adjacent infantry sword/axe/lance-using allies Def/Res+6 through their next actions at the start of each turn.)" *naturally comes with the appropriate Hone, Ward, Goad skills)* which is better balanced and more usable. Overall I can't say I really dig the character, probably because it feels slightly self-insert-y, but that's just my personal opinion.

And finally, @Hilda

Spoiler

(Loki, Emblian's Rise) Oh boy. This unit feels a lot like what I'd like an actual boss unit to be, with a decent challenge attached to its skillset. But as a playable unit? Way too much going on. Naglfar is fine as is. However the problems begin with Sol Eclipse. I can accept an upgrade to Sol, but you can't both double its effect AND reduce its charge time, even on a non-inheritable skill. To begin with, upgrades don't double the effectiveness - for example BK's exclusive Black Luna only offers a bit around a 60% increase over regular Luna without touching the charge timer, this is a 100% increase over Sol and with 1 less charge, making it obscenely useful, especially considering its attached to a powerful ranged unit. And yes, it's just a healing skill that would probably be replaced for extra damage no matter how good it is, but some blanket design principles still need to be followed. But while I could come to terms with the special, it's the A skill that's just beyond broken and makes this unit a flat-out counter to every mage out there - and it can be inherited!! (shockingly the most overpowered skill of the unit is the one that can be inherited) And then the B skill also makes sure that even Bows and Daggers can't really do much against her. As a non-inheritable skill it's actually fairly balanced but in conjunction with the above... overall this character can safely be given an overall stat boot, as well as fill out its ability slots and make its unique skills stronger, and then have it be a boss unit that you need to defeat which would require careful strategy and planning - and then after defeat have the player obtain a weaker version as a playable character. Trying to mix the two just doesn't go that well. Also why is Loki a chick

Edited by Nightmayre

It would be very nice to get discussions going. Hmm.  . . I wonder if I should hunt down and make a similar list for ease of reference.

Continuing on the Effectiveness discussion @Nightmayre@Corrobin.

Spoiler

I actually used a level 13 Ursula to kill a lvl 40 Ursula for the orb(though it was the static is scary Ursula so she was rather weak for a level 40, though even a regular 5*lvl40 Ursula with 30 resistance can be dropped with 19 base Attack once you add in weapon mt, Deathblow3, ATk+3 seal and hone cav). The simple point is that effectiveness hits REALLY hard.

So effectiveness against large categories need to be handled carefully. Due to the few in numbers of Dragons and Armors a dual effectiveness there would not be too bad, well it would for them, but simply put their combined numbers are 17 units. On the other hand there are 32 Cavalry units. So that is how I view it. Count up how many units would actually be taken out by it and work from there. Of course totals vary over time and as such I have doubts that we will see stuff with multiple effectiveness from IS. Speaking of, I was surprised with Kitty Paddle's effectiveness against all 3 tome colors. I would have expected tome effectiveness to be broken up like the breaker skills are. But I suppose that would be kind of limiting to Sakura and Daggers are so weak that they can even get away with a weapon effective against over 1/3 of the cast. And while I haven't done the numbers I am rather confident that this dagger has less coverage than Poison Dagger(really Poison Dagger is just insane).

Also Corrobin sorry if it seems we are doubling up on you, but effectiveness is an interesting discussion that you opened to doors to. Though I do think Nightmayre and I are mostly on the same page, I just have a bit more tolerance towards multi-effectiveness as long as the total number of units impacted aren't too high. Now the question is, is it enough to count totals or would we have to count total 'relevant'? Since Healers aren't relevant that would push Poison Dagger's number of affected units quite a bit lower and might make the impact of Dragon/Armor effectiveness much larger.

Regarding Yukimura.

Spoiler

I realized after I posted, that he probably has too much attack. The thing was I wanted him frail and very much player phase oriented. However, I always underestimate just how much power the blade weapons have. If I did him now I would probably pull at least 6 off his attack and put it in Defense. HP needs to stay low and I don't want his res or spd too high. I wanted him to be very reliant on Cavalry Buffs. With his low HP, Panic Ploy is an easy stat nuke on him. Basically I tanked his HP, did the math of how low his res could go while still letting him use a Ploy skill relatively well(if reliant on fortify), and then tried to spread the rest in the way that would leave him easily K.O.ed on enemy phase. And ended up putting enough in atk that he would nuke much harder than intended. Funny enough that kinda means his 135BST is too high, since I am having trouble keeping key stats low enough. But yeah, even ignoring mobility dance he is rather unbalanced and was mostly an endeavor in fun.

Minerva

Spoiler

With Minerva the idea of the anti-effectiveness was actually mostly for the AI benefit. The AI really likes to dance things and leave them in range of crap they should not be left in range of. The AI would greatly appreciate this skill. And it could be used by players to, say, use a flier to kill a unit that would normally leave the flier exposed to an out of range archer. Basically it is niche, but I think I might actually use it at times. I didn't like the +1 move as much simply due to the fact that it would basically do the same thing as mobility ploy, except worse. You would have 3 move units that ignore terrain, don't have a BST penalty, and can hover over said terrain rather than having to be on solid ground when they stop. So Counter Maneuvers would probably be replaced by players, but it is interesting and potentially useful for the AI. So I figured it would be the more fun option to put up.

Regarding bravebow and distant counter. IF my math is right, with the help of Forfify+ward she can tank an Attack Boon, ATK+3 Seal, Deathblow 3, Bravebow+ Cordelia with 1HP left. Of course if Cordelia has hone attack on top of everything else that is the end of that. But if she can soak a mostly tricked out Cordelia without Iote's shield most brave archers would actually get destroyed by her Distant Counter after failing to kill her. The one she has to fear without Iote's shield is Bravebow Lyn, due to cav buffs. I put her HP and defense at those numbers for a reason. But yeah, that is why the weapon wasn't just effective vs. archers. I wanted her to be able to fulfill the anti-archer role even if you changed up her kit. Different lance? Iote's shield holds the fort. Different A Skill? The raven effect just barely lets her survive a good number of them and the effectiveness lets her kill even the tanky ones on the counter, though she will be crippled afterwords. So you can pick to use her offensively or defensively. Or just for dancing others.

Alright now time to comment on others.

For @Hilda's Loki I tend to agree with Nightmayre here. Nice boss unit. And it is always fun to see Hilda's since Hilda goes through the effort to make up a character screen each time!

Regarding @BlazingMage's Ben 10, I would like have gone with a Green Dragon simply to represent his transforming ability and color. That said personality wise I can see sword. Nightmayre mostly hits it skill wise when it comes to critical commentary. Though I would like to mention that your offensive stat total is higher than any current unit. I think right now Ayra and S!Elise have the highest combined atk and speed at 70(36/34 and 33/37). *Looks it up* Nope Legion beats them by 1 with 36/35. So I personally would probably try to keep base atk+spd totals equal or less than 71. But that is me personally. Also I really like the idea of weapon hones/fortifies. Though I haven't yet thrown out any such characters since so far it hasn't really fit anywhere for my concepts.

@MilodicMellodi I just want to say that Generous Fury is very interesting.

@Nightmayre

Rath -

Spoiler

Hmm . . . given how powerful dual effectiveness is I would be tempted to drop it even further, though not to Poison Dagger levels. How do the numbers look if it has a brave bow strength of 7? With a Hone Cav under his belt even with 7mt he would K.O. anything with 70 or less physical soak if it is weak towards him in a single hit. Given his speed he would double any of the Cavs with enough HP+Def to soak it, still killing them. I think a Spd Boon, Spd+3 seal Sigurd might be the only cav able to survive assuming they both have the same speed buffs and Rath is sporting neutral spd and no spd seal. Assuming my math is right the first hit would be 34 and the second 7. So if Rath doubles Sigurd dies. Of course Sigurd could run extra HP or defense, but then Rath could run extra atk and still get the double. And considering Rath's defenses Sigurd isn't going to kill with DC so he still loses. I could live with 10 mt if it were a legendary(well if we continue the brave comparison it would be 11 as a legendary, but you get my drift), but as an inheritable I'd feel better if it dipped a bit. If we want Sigurd with his specialized ward to be able to survive even if doubled we would probably need to drop it all the way down to Poison Dagger+'s 5 might.

Nils -

Spoiler

I do like the Dragon Scale. F!Corrin and Nowi both could really enjoy having that. Particularly since F!Corrin already has to bait Falchion users to attack first as is.

Wallace -

Spoiler

I like Desolution though it is one of those skills that gets a bit convoluted word wise. However, I assume you meant his Mov to be 1, Armor instead of 2, Infantry?

Athos -

Spoiler

A very min-maxed character stat-wise, so I'll just call him an Arden :P. Though as you mentioned people will dump his special in a heartbeat. And I am very glad the goad is a goad rather than a hone. We don't need a Hone Tome skill. Ok, it would just put infantry mages on an even footing with other mages, but yeesh. Blade tomes are still the dominate tome even for infantry mages even without that. But yay for more weapon specific goads! We really do need some of those out and about! If I ever do an Ewan like I planed I was thinking of having him have a Ward infantry skill. Wasn't sure if he would ward fellow mage infantry or melee infantry. Never did finish that debate with myself.

No characters from me for now. I was thinking of doing a dual dump of the Sacred Stone's trainee trio(Amelia, Ewan, Ross). Both a version based on their super trainee class and then a Halloween version. I have had that idea bouncing in my head since before Amelia was released. But I keep changing my mind on what sounds good. Plus dumping six characters in this already long post would be very much TOO LONG.

I posted this on reddit, but might as well toss it here too

https://imgur.com/BAaMl3y

Brave Hector - Ostia's Brash Lord

BST: 172 HP: 50 ATK: 34 SPD: 34 DEF: 35 RES: 19

Weapon: Light Brand MT: 16 Properties: Can attack and retaliate from range, ranged attacks hit the targets RES instead of DEF

A Skill: Steady Breath

B Skill: Ostia's Blessing: Effective against Infantry and Cavalry units. Foe's bonuses are nullified during combat.

C Skill: Threaten Res 3

Special Skill: Blazing Thunder

@Usana

Re:effectiveness. Yes I mostly agree with you. In general "effective damage" needs to be very carefully applied. The reason for Hunting Bow being what it is is that it is attached to the Bow weapon type which does suffer from usability issues in general. Originally, I had Hunting Bow's effect (basically effective damage vs fliers and cavalry) attached to my version of Nidhogg, which was a 14 MT Bow with said effect and additionally -5 Spd to offset it. Furthermore it was attached to my Innes, a character who was meant to have too low Spd to realistically double attack anything. I received a comment or two on that saying it was probably too weak (it was a long time ago too, before power creep). Deciding to both make it generic at that MT and removing the Spd penalty was probably a leap, though. I'd have to crunch some math to say anything though. The thing is that you can't exactly compare it to to a Brave weapon. Anything that can survive a quadstrike without WTA can probably survive 2x non-WTA effective damage as well. It's easier to doublestrike with effective damage than quadstrike with a Brave weapon, but then again effective damage is limited. Like I said it needs a bit of math to make do.

Re:Yukimura. For me the issue aren't his stats at all, though they definitely play a part. Just being a 3 movement Dancer is already very good. Add to that that he can run Hone Cavalry to further support a Cavalry core, and even if he had literally no other attack or effect whatsoever and always died in one hit, he'd practically become a staple in any Cavalry team and I'm not even joking. My go-to team when I need to clear a map without casualties is Rein, BLyn, Xander/Cecilia (depending on map) and a dancer that literally does nothing but use his assist. The extra movement and Hone Cavalry source on that Dancer alone would make my job that much easier.

Re:Minerva. For this one I was wrong. I didn't take into account the -raven part of her weapon adding to her survivability against archers. Thinking this through... forget CC and Iote, just slap TA3 and make her a frighteningly effective bane to red and colorless units everywhere that becomes even better in Flier Emblem, can Dance, and doesn't fall to archers without the niche Cancel Affinity. I think we're treading into dangerous territory here - a scaling back is needed. I mean Inigo is already very good and that's just with the standard Gronnraven and TA3 as an Infantry.

Re:Wallace. Yeah he's of course meant to be armored, my bad.

Re:Athos. Yep, he's indeed a bit min-maxed, which I've tried to avoid with my other units - however given that we're talking about a literally ancient hero of legend here, I felt that handpicking his stats a little bit was justified. I should probably mention that I have plotted out the theoretical Hone/Ward/Goad/Fortify for infantry Mages. I'm not sure if Hone Mages (locked to infantry, of course) would be such a huge concern. It'd basically be the same situation as stacking Hone/Fortify Cavalry on a mounted mage with a Blade tome (granted it bypasses the need for expensive inheritance but eh). Also such a skill would be locked to infantry mages as well, meaning you'd probably be running at least 3 of those to make reasonable use of the skill - and I'm gradually putting out more units that can act as effective magic soaks, preemptively preventing an oppressive meta to emerge from those skills.

If you're interested, here's how I've plotted out the skills:

Spoiler

Hone Mages (Grants adjacent infantry Tome and Staff user allies Atk/Spd+6 through their next actions at the start of each turn.)
Fortify Mages (Grants adjacent infantry Tome and Staff user allies Def/Res+6 through their next actions at the start of each turn.)
Goad Mages (Grants infantry Tome and Staff user allies within 2 spaces Atk/Spd+4 during combat)
Ward Mages (Grants infantry Tome and Staff user allies within 2 spaces Def/Res+4 during combat)

Hone Soldiers (Grants adjacent infantry Sword, Axe and Lance user allies Atk/Spd+6 through their next actions at the start of each turn.)
Fortify Soldiers (Grants adjacent infantry Sword, Axe and Lance user allies Def/Res+6 through their next actions at the start of each turn.)
Goad Soldiers (Grants infantry Sword, Axe and Lance user allies within 2 spaces Atk/Spd+4 during combat)
Ward Soldiers (Grants infantry Sword, Axe and Lance user allies within 2 spaces Def/Res+4 during combat)

I've added Staffs to the "Mages" category, so as to promote the viability of Staff users in general. I've debated adding Bows (and possibly Daggers) under the "Soldier" category, but decided against it due to sheer amount of coverage. Of course each skill group can only be inherited by a unit that would be affected by it.

@Nightmayre If I'm gonna be honest with you, yes this version of Ben is OOC. He comes from my fanfiction where he has a little brother (my self insert), and at one point he unlocks a sword ability through his Omnitrix when he was fighting against Witches in their murder riddle game. That is why he has a sword, and I understand why you would think Ben wouldn't fit in the overall world of FE simply because of the technology he is using. But we have Kiran who's essentially from our world, and uses Guns to summon Heroes (I understand Bredablik is from Zenith, but you know what I mean.) Looking back, some of the skills are a bit OP but I think I still want to keep the built in Magic Counter, I don't want it to be OP. And you're right, Omnisword's effect is too much. I'm going to rework his skills. In terms of the art, I think the art is fine maybe it's the attack art that's throwing you off? I wanted to see how Ben would look if he were in Heroes that's why I decided to commish an artist. Fortify Soldiers sounds a lot better than Fortify Swords.

@Usana A green dragon version of Ben would have been cool to see, why didn't I think of that. But I feel like Ben would choose a sword instead of being a dragon, I feel like he would prefer aliens over dragons anyway.  The reason why I created that skill was because there are shit ton of red swords and I wanted Swords to be able to tank Reinhardt with the Def/Res +6. I suppose I should make Ben's atk stat 38 or 37, would that be better? The reason why his ATK is so high is because I want to make up for his shit def and average RES. It makes sense for him to have low DEF considering that he's a scrawny 10 year old kid.

Edited by BlazingMage

Re: Effectiveness - Yeah Math. Honestly it is a 3mt difference on the bow, so it isn't HUGE. Was mostly just figuring how much overkill on Cavalry do you want. Sigurd obviously being the tankiest against ranged units was the one to test it against. The extra 3 mt would probably insure it always K.O.es Sigurd, but even at 7mt he has to jump through a lot of hoops to survive. But that tangent does ignore usability against anything else. For example I didn't check if any fliers survive, let alone matchups against units it isn't effective against.

Re: Minervera

Spoiler

I always forget TA3 exists since I don't much use it. Dang it, I had intended for her to fall to anything that hits the res stat, but with TA3 in effect even Tharja can't drop her without doubling. A red mage would need to reach 84 offense to take her out. Horse Emblem Leo could reach that with full buffs, ATK Boon, Deathblow, and an ATK+3 seal. Lets see if I took 3 off HP and dumped in Defense her anti-archer numbers should remain where I wanted them and then it would only take a 79 to drop her from a red mage. Leo would no longer need either the ATK seal or the ATK Boon, but would still need one. I need to drop magic soak to 78 if I want Leo to kill with normal Deathblow Blade, and 77 if I want ATK Boon or ATK Seal Tharja to pull it off. I could drop HP to 32 or heck at that point may as well min it out to 30, but then I would have very min-maxed with two stats bottomed out. Basically I would have an Arden and I was trying to avoid that! With 30 HP and 13 Res a red mage would need to hit 73 to one shot. That is quite doable for blade tomes. Axura could easily give ATK+3 Seal Tharja that.

The problem is to maintain my earlier numbers she would need to take that all into defense and a 46 base defense stat would just be ludicrous when compared to current units. I guess I could just bump her defense to 41 and force the issue of running the Def Boon+Def Seal or HP Boon + HP Seal to use DC against the strongest archers. The remaining four could go into atk. Or I guess I could just let her eat it as a further penalty to BST. That would put her at 145. Hmm. Lets put 1 into atk and let the rest disappear. That would give her 146BST which is 10 less than Caeda's BST.

30/27/35/41/13 - is painfully min-maxed though.  But at least red mages could then nuke her. I don't mind if she would wall Blue and red physical units since she was supposed to be a physical wall. I am not sure how Red Dragons would fare against her with TA3. A!Tiki has alot of defense, but would get doubled. Without buffs coming into play I think A!Tiki can soak an attack and then kill on her phase. Nope, we are 2 hp or 1 defense short of surviving and 1 attack short of K.O.ing. However, that is ignoring the fact that Tiki would be running bonfire which would secure the K.O. So all she would need is an HP/Def seal or Boon. I can live with that counting as dying to anything targeting the Res stat. I am ignoring staffs in that statement, but they aren't really attacks so. . .

Re: Athos - didn't really mean the min-max as a criticism there. I did get what you were going for, I just like making Arden comparisons :D.

Re: Hone skills - Doh! I forgot that a hone Infantry Tome would only be equipable on Infantry tomes. That does mitigate it a bit, but a big reason cav teams are so big in my eyes are precisely the +6 Hones and Blade tomes. In theory Infantry mages can have an extra 4-5 HP on top of those ponies which makes panic ploying them a bit harder. Though in practice most tomes are low on HP and put the extra stats elsewhere.

Soldier wise my biggest worry is that effecting all three of Axe/Lance/Sword could be close to a general hone-infantry + Dancer type deal(who could also join in the hone fun). That said dividing infantry into 4(Bow/Dagger, Tome/Staff, Axe/Lance/Sword, Dragon) may not be that bad. Axe/Lance/Sword Infantry is just a rather big category is all. Not sure if it is bigger than Cavalry, but it is probably pretty close.

@BlazingMage Yeah sword definitely fits Ben personality wise. Green Dragon was just the first thing that popped into mind for me so I figured I share. Stat-wise I was mostly just sharing my personal rules. I try to keep stat ranges to something that already exists in game. So no non-HP stat breaking 41 since Arden says that is the max. No defensive stat below 13 since that is the minimum any unit has in either. Spd min is 16(Arden/Zephiel). HP min 30. Technically letting Arden's 41 float to other stats might seem as a bit much, but I like the flexibility it gives. Arden completely breaks Defensive soak(101 total soak) so I normally ignore defense combinations, but it seems like IS is trying to keep offense stat totals leashed for now so  I am a bit more attentive there.

Alright, first of all, a character from Sacred Stones that I liked a lot, L'Arachel, in two variations: standard (cavalry staff healer) and Brave unit (cavalry blue tome mage). First, a bit of a small rant regarding light magic in Heroes that you may or may not want to read.

Spoiler

With the Brave version of L'Arachel I made an important decision. I decided that I will represent Light magic in Heroes with the blue color Tomes. Light magic is currently in a weird spot in-game, usually converted into a generic healer except when plot-important in which case it either becomes Blue or Green. Now I really wanted to make Light magic green because Blue is already overrepresented with many powerful tomes and Green has very few things going for it in comparison. But I also wanted to stay true to the magic triangle. If Fire > Wind > Lightning > Fire and Dark > Anima > Light > Dark and red = Fire and Dark, green = Wind and blue = Lightning then the only logical option for Light magic is blue. Of course that leaves a gaping hole where we don't know what to do with green magic, since Anima magic isn't a special category rather it contains the elemental magic spells. So I decided to leave green for some "special" tomes - for example dragon-powered tomes like Naga or Creiddylad, or corrupted Light magic like Valaura. This is the best compromise I could think of.

Standard L'Arachel;

Spoiler

TITLE: Queen of Light
NAME: L'Arachel
ORB AFFINITY: Colorless Staff

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: The princess of Rausten, travelling the world incognito as a troubadour. Just a bit self-centered. Appears in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

STAT DISTRIBUTION:
BST: 145 (ranged cavalry)
HP: 36
ATK: 23
SPD: 27
DEF: 29
RES: 30

WEAPON:
3* - Slow (5 MT, 2 RNG. After any combat, inflicts Spd-6 on foe through its next action.)
5* - Latona (12 MT, 2 RNG. When healing an ally with a staff, increase healing by 10.)

ASSIST:
1* - Heal (1 RNG. Restores 5 HP.)
3* - Physic (2 RNG. Restores 8 HP.)

SPECIAL:
4* - Heavenly Light (2 CT. When healing an ally with a staff, all other allies recover 10 HP.)
5* - Divine Light (4 CT. When healing an ally with a staff, removes all enemy effects from all allies and they recover 10 HP. Non-inheritable)

SKILL A:
n/a

SKILL B:
n/a

SKILL C:
1* - Barrier 1 (Reduces non-combat damage caused by enemy skills to unit and adjacent allies by 50%. Inheritable only by Staff users)
3* - Barrier 2 (Reduces non-combat damage caused by enemy skills to unit and adjacent allies to 0. Inheritable only by Staff users)
4* - Barrier 3 (Reduces non-combat damage caused by enemy skills to unit and all allies within 2 spaces to 0. Inheritable only by Staff users)

CONCEPT:
L'Arachel embraces her classic Troubadour role as a mounted Staff user. One of the first things to note is that she has a balanced defensive spread as opposed to the typical Resistance focus. Her HP is tied with Priscilla for the highest of the troubadours, and she sports respectable values in both Resistance and Defense, while keeping her speed at a reasonable level (still the lowest among the troubadours, but not by too much. Of course, this comes at a cost to offensive power to the point where even a full stack of Horse buffs aren't likely to help her kill much of anything. This spread means that she is a good bait for both magic and physical enemies - optimally, Distant Defense skill + seal can push up her survivability significantly. However the core of a staff user is support and for this, L'Arachel proudly comes with one of Rausten's Sacred Twins, the legendary staff Latona. Its effect is fairly straightforward, a buff of 10 to any healing performed by her Assist. Her standard Physic gives her greater reach, but one could always replace it with a higher-power, shorter-range heal. She also comes with a unique Special Divine Light, an upgrade to Heavenly Light with double the CD (gonna be hard to charge on a healer) but with a very useful effect: upon healing someone, it performs Restore on all allies (including target AND L'Arachel herself, removing any and all enemy effects on them, and additionally heals them up for 10 extra HP. Obviously such a skill's usefulness with its high CD is questionable in regular play, but for TT/CC it can be very convenient. Lastly she comes with a new C skill Barrier. It is a simple skill - it creates an aura around L'Arachel that prevents all non-combat damage from affecting her or allies within 1-2 spaces. Effectively works against Savage Blow/Poison Strike/Deathly Dagger, and the AOE specials. Very niche at the moment but if non-combat burn ever becomes a thing, this is a nice answer to it.

Brave L'Arachel

Spoiler

TITLE: Brave Valkyrie
NAME: L'Arachel
ORB AFFINITY: Blue Tome

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: The queen of Rausten, bearing the divine Tome Ivaldi. Appears in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

STAT DISTRIBUTION:
BST: 149 (Brave ranged cavalry)
HP: 37
ATK: 31
SPD: 29
DEF: 30
RES: 22

WEAPON:
1* - Shine (4 MT, 2 RNG)
2* - Divine (6 MT, 2 RNG)
3* - Purge (9 MT, 2 RNG)
5* - Ivaldi (14 MT, 2 RNG. Grants infantry Sword, Axe and Lance user allies within 2 spaces Def/Res+4 during combat. Non-inheritable)

ASSIST:
4* - Reciprocal Aid (1 RNG. Swap HP with adjacent ally (neither unit can go above their max HP).)

SPECIAL:
n/a

SKILL A:
4* - Grani's Shield (Neutralizes "effective against" bonuses)
5* - Valkyrie (When this unit or adjacent allies are attacked, neutralizes "effective against" bonuses. Non-inheritable)

SKILL B:
1* - Red Tomebreaker 1 (If unit's HP >= 90% in combat against a red tome user, unit makes a follow-up attack and foe cannot.)
2* - Red Tomebreaker 2 (If unit's HP >= 70% in combat against a red tome user, unit makes a follow-up attack and foe cannot.)
4* - Red Tomebreaker 3 (If unit's HP >= 50% in combat against a red tome user, unit makes a follow-up attack and foe cannot.)

SKILL C:
n/a

CONCEPT:
Above you will find my thought process for making this Brave version of L'Arachel a blue Tome user. This represents L'Arachel as a Valkyrie, a combat-focused unit. In this incarnation her stats are more offensively-oriented. Her attack spread of 31/29, while individually being in the middle ground in both attack and speed compared to other cavalry mages, combined makes her a pretty strong powerhouse. The rest of her stats are rather average, though of note is that she has considerably higher Def than Res - intentionally breaking the mold of the typical tome users. Her total BST is eequal to Brave Lyn's as a ranged horse Brave unit. She comes with the divine tome Ivaldi which gives her the Ward Soldiers effect that I mentioned in one of my previous posts. I wanted to make something different, a unit that can also act as a support for a different kind of team than the obvious, and if people want to run her in Cavalry teams then Gronnblade is going to be best-in-slot again so there. Her B skill is a standard R Tomebreaker to emphasize her role as a paragon of light magic, though it would probably be replaced quickly. Her A skill is more interesting - it is an exclusive upgrade to Grani's Shield that extends its protection to any ally adjacent to L'Arachel - though at the cost of being enemy phase-only. Such a skill, I think, would be fairly valuable in cavalry teams.

@Usana " Soldier wise my biggest worry is that effecting all three of Axe/Lance/Sword could be close to a general hone-infantry + Dancer type deal(who could also join in the hone fun). That said dividing infantry into 4(Bow/Dagger, Tome/Staff, Axe/Lance/Sword, Dragon) may not be that bad. Axe/Lance/Sword Infantry is just a rather big category is all. Not sure if it is bigger than Cavalry, but it is probably pretty close. " -> while you are correct on paper (51 "soldiers" vs 35 cavalry), there's one big factor here that's very important. It's very hard to make a "balanced" team with "soldiers" - you will lack both magic damage and range (at least until magic weapons with 1-2 range sneak their way into the game), which is even worse when you're limited to 2 MOV. Comparatively horse teams suffer no such issues - provided you can summon the necessary units, you can achieve full coverage with a Cavalry team and the only weakness is the vulnerability to effective damage. And I have to disagree - the big reason cavalry teams are so big is the extra MOV and the availability of ranged units in the movement type, which gives them extreme reach. If the Hone skills were the decisive factor then armor or flier teams would be as oppressive as horse teams or even more (now that both movement categories have access to ranged units, albeit event limited)

Regarding Minerva I'd probably decide whether I want her to be an anti-archer focused unit, or a Raven Lance unit. In the first case I'd drop the Raven effect altogether and give her a defensive skill that instead focuses on defending her from bows (say a Deflect Missile-esque skill along with +x Def when attacked from range). If I wanted to focus on the colorless aspect then I'd drop the effective damage vs archers and keep the Raven aspect (if its meant to be Legendary, give it +3 MT and +3 Def, if not leave as is), and let players decide between TA3 for greater coverage and Iote's Shield for archer survivability. Trying to make everything work in one weapon is not often a good idea.

@Hero_Lucina What help do you need? If you want BST stat totals then:

Infantry dancer ranged: 139-140
Horse ranged: 144-145 (149 "Brave")
Infantry / flier ranged: 147-149
Infantry dancer melee: 149-150
Horse melee: 148-155 (159 "Brave")
Infantry / flier: 156-158 (162-163 "Brave")
Non-dancer dragon: 157-163
Armor ranged: 165
Armor melee: 168-169 (173 "Brave")

I think I covered mostly everything. Brave's general what you'd put on a unit that's either, well, a Brave unit, or a Trainee, or you just feel like you want it to be stronger than the others for no reason at all... (Sigurd Ayra etc)

Going from there you can extrapolate. For example if you want to make a mounted ranged dancer for some reason, see how much an infantry ranged dancer drops from infantry ranged (somewhere in the ballpark of 10 points) and then subtract it from the appropriate category, to get the new BST (in this case 134-135 would be a safe bet). I'd personally not worry too much about going over or under by a point or two.

Now individual stat caps are a different monster entirely. Like Usana says min-maxing stats to come up with a monster character dedicated to being oppressively good at one thing (like Arden) is a bad idea - it creates a polarized unit and by extension a polarized meta. You'd have to have a really good reason to kick a character to the bottom of the list in any one stat, or kick it over the top of said list. It'd take too much time to list here the individual current stat caps for all categories but currently the min-max value per stat are: HP 30-60, Atk 20-40, Spd 15-40, Def 13-41, Res 13-36 (smoothing up-down for a couple of stats intentionally).

What this means is not that you SHOULDN'T make a unit that breaks those limits. It's that if you make a unit with 61 HP and 42 Def you should know that you are making a unit with the highest physical soak in the game, and if you make a unit with 42 Atk and 42 Spd you are making a unit with the best offensive spread in the game. If you go about distributing stats like "I want to make a unit that's good at tanking magic, hm, so the best stats are Res and Spd, it also needs some Atk and HP, so I'll just drop Def all the way to the minimum and max out what I want" then you end up with an overly-optimized unit that is what I call "best-in-role". Too many such units can make the game completely unfun.

Edited by Nightmayre