Create-A-Hero Thread

Sire

Jedah and his daughters jumping on for Halloween themed banner.

Jedah: Scary Sorcerer (Blue Tome, Armoured)

Juda Echoes Portrait

Spoiler

HP/38
Atk/53 (including weapon's Fury)
Spd/31 (including weapon's Fury)
Def/24 (including weapon's Fury)
Res/33 (including weapon's Fury)

Weapon: Reaper Creeper: Might = 14, Range = 2. Grants Fury 3.

Assist: 

Special: Dragon Shield: If foe uses Sword, Axe, Lance, Bow, Knife or Beast damage, reduce damage from foe's attack by 50%. Cooldown count 3.

A Skill: Duma's Gift: If unit's special is activated by enemies attack (except miracle), reduce damage from foe's attack by 80% when special activates.

B Skill: Pact: This unit can only receive damage from combat. Cannot be inherited.

C Skill: 

Pavise protects against melee attacks, Aegis protects against ranged attacks. Similar to how we have close defense and armoured stance, having a special that protects against physical or magical attacks regardless of range makes sense to me. His B skill replicates his protection skill, although the way it works means you're actually better off removing Dragon Shield in place of Escutcheon or something.

His weapon is an inheritable weapon that grants fury. He also has an B skill that negates the affects of fury. If you want you could replace Duma's Gift and double down on fury with Fury 4 and give him an offensive special to make a monster of a unit. For that reason I gave him pretty low HP to keep him reasonable no matter what. Pact also protects him from AOE specials and Savage Blow, Tremor, etc.

Marla: Wicked Witch (Green Tome, Infantry)

Marla Echoes Portrait 2

Spoiler

HP/34
Atk/49 (including weapon)
Spd/38 
Def/18 
Res/21 

Weapon: House Drop: Might = 14, Range = 2. Effective against armoured units. Grants Atk/Spd bond when forged.

Assist: 

Special: Blazing Light

A Skill: Def/Res Bond

B Skill: Witch Warp: If Unit's HP = 100%, unit may move adjacent to any ally.

C Skill: 

I think Thani is the only tome we have with armour effectiveness. Also it drops a house on the enemy as a reference to the Wizard of Oz, which yes is pretty random, but hey, it's a seasonal. Anyway this bring's Armour effectiveness tomes into the common inheritable pool and to synergies with her warping ability, it has Atk/Spd bond.

Hestia: Enamoring Enchantress (Red Tome, Infantry)

Heste Echoes Portrait

Spoiler

HP/35
Atk/42 (including weapon)
Spd/33 
Def/28
Res/24 

Weapon: Flying Monkeys: Might = 14, Range = 2. Effective against flying enemies. Grants Def/Res Bond when forged.

Assist: 

Special: Growing Light

A Skill: Atk/Spd Bond

B Skill: Witch Warp: If Unit's HP = 100%, unit may move adjacent to any ally.

C Skill: 

Because I'm lazy (and don't have much to work off of from their source material) she's the inverse of her sister, with a weapon that has Def/Res bond and comes with Atk/Spd bond and warping as her default skills. We already have several flying effective tomes but I think they're all green so this adds something even if it's not as sought after as so it's not as house drop. Both sisters get Blazing/Growing Light in reference to their original weapon being Aura in Gaiden.

Edited by Jotari

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I posted on Reddit. Figured I’d share it here.

I’m not the artist by the way. I just put the art in unit builder.

Skills:

Spoiler

B. Ragatochion is a distant counter sword that has spectrum stance built in. I imagine the refine would have flasheavy blade which flexibly acts as one skill or the other, but not both. Panic Smash inflicts -7 attack to foes in 3 columns and rows centered on unit with HP less than unit. Swordbreaker 4 has a threshold condition of 25% as opposed to 50%. Skills were either jokes or references to characters Mokonac is based on

Edited by Arcphoenix

2 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

Something I posted on Reddit. Figured I’d share it here.

I’m not the artist by the way. I just put the art in unit builder.

Skills:

Hide contents

B. Ragatochion is a distant counter sword that has spectrum stance built in. I imagine the refine would have flasheavy blade which flexibly acts as one skill or the other, but not both. Panic Smash inflicts -7 attack to foes in 3 columns and rows centered on unit with HP less than unit. Swordbreaker 4 has a threshold condition of 25% as opposed to 50%. Skills were either jokes or references to characters Mokonac is based on

0/10. Needs more Sigurd.

GKE creates Legendary/Mythic Heroes: Character Bias Edition

Spoiler

Lissa: Sprightly Thunder 

Unit Type: Lance Flier (Based on Falcoknight class)

Blessing: Water (HP+3, Arena Score Boost, Pair Up)

Stats:

HP: 39

ATK: 40 (56 w/weapon)

SPD: 26

DEF: 30

RES: 30

Skills:

Weapon: Bolt Lance (16 MT/ Uninheritable): Special Cooldown Count -1/ If unit initiates combat and # of allies within 2 spaces => # of foes within 2 spaces, unit makes a followup attack and targets the lower of foes DEF or RES.

Assist: Rally Up Speed+

Special: Luna

B-Slot: Mystic Boost 3

C-Slot: Healtouch (Uninheritable): If unit uses assist skill, target ally heals 15 HP (For example, when she uses her default Rally Up Speed+, only the unit she targeted first gets healed.) (Stacks with healing assists.).

• 2 weeks later...

Zeke: Amnesiac Badass (Lance, cavalry)

File:Zeke.png

HP/50
Atk/48 (including weapon)
Spd/33 
Def/27
Res/14

Weapon: Duma's Lance: Might = 16, When calculating skills, Unit's HP is always treated as =1. Cannot be inherited.

Assist: 

Special: Vengeance

A Skill: Brazen Attack Speed

B Skill: 

C Skill: Spur Cavalry

This is a short simple one because I thought of a good effect for Duma's Lance. It gives the user Vengeance in game, so I was thinking that means it needs to increase that special's power or in some way grant the special on the weapon like Seliph's miracle. But then I was thinking how Vengeance isn't even that great a skill and so this hit me. An ability that makes it so his HP is always calculated as being at 1 so Vengeance deals it's maximum damage (Zeke still has normal rising and falling HP, it's only for skill activations it's treated as if it's one). Brazen and Desperation skills also activate immediately with no check. However, this also means skills like Quick Riposte and Miracle are useless on him and Duma's weapon effect will always activate for him.

Regarding his stat line, he's putting everything into HP to further increase Vengeance's damage output. His other stats suffer as a result.

I need his speed to be middling. Low enough to help stop him being doubled, yet not fast enough to make him an unstoppable player phase destructive force from turn 1 with Desperation. With Brazen Attack Speed his effective speed is 40 which fits that reasonably well.

I gave him Spur cavalry because Zeke has an army of cavalry when you recruit him and because I thought giving him Desperation would make him too min-maxy out the gate.

Edited by Jotari

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Weapon: Duma's Lance: Might = 16, When calculating skills, Unit's HP is always treated as =1. Cannot be inherited.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

This is a short simple one because I thought of a good effect for Duma's Lance. It gives the user Vengeance in game, so I was thinking that means it needs to increase that special's power or in some way grant the special on the weapon like Seliph's miracle. But then I was thinking how Vengeance isn't even that great a skill and so this hit me. An ability that makes it so his HP is always calculated as being at 1 so Vengeance deals it's maximum damage (Zeke still has normal rising and falling HP, it's only for skill activations it's treated as if it's one). Brazen and Desperation skills also activate immediately with no check. However, this also means skills like Vantage and Miracle are useless on him and Duma's weapon effect will always activate for him.

Vantage is extremely powerful if it can be activated at full HP, so I would not call it useless. Against targets that Camus can kill in two hits, that means Camus can dump Spd and function similarly to a Spd tank. I would also give Duma's Lance a Slaying effect so Camus can actually take advantage Vengeance, or give him an exclusive Special that is basically 2 cool down Vengeance.

Spd Tank:
Foe initiates —> Unit counterattacks —> Unit counterattacks (Foe dies)

Zeke "Spd" Tank:
Unit counterattacks —> Foe initiates —> Unit counterattacks (Foe dies)

If you want to minimax his stats, I would dump Spd, Def, and Res, and put everything into HP and Atk, so something like this.
Level 1 Stats: 34/3/3/3/3
Level 40 Stats: 73/42/13/13/13
Level 1 BST = 46
Level 40 BST = 154
Growth = 39/39/10/10/10 = 108
Growth = 90%/90%/25%/25%/25% = 255%

For Enemy Phase, to take full advantage of Vengeance, he can run something like this.
Duma's Lance
(Any Assist)
Vengeance
Distant Counter
Vantage
(Any C)
Quick Riposte
Zeke would have 58 Atk and deal an extra 36 damage on the second hit.

57 minutes ago, XRay said:

Vantage is extremely powerful if it can be activated at full HP, so I would not call it useless. Against targets that Camus can kill in two hits, that means Camus can dump Spd and function similarly to a Spd tank. I would also give Duma's Lance a Slaying effect so Camus can actually take advantage Vengeance, or give him an exclusive Special that is basically 2 cool down Vengeance.

Spd Tank:
Foe initiates —> Unit counterattacks —> Unit counterattacks (Foe dies)

Zeke "Spd" Tank:
Unit counterattacks —> Foe initiates —> Unit counterattacks (Foe dies)

If you want to minimax his stats, I would dump Spd, Def, and Res, and put everything into HP and Atk, so something like this.
Level 1 Stats: 34/3/3/3/3
Level 40 Stats: 73/42/13/13/13
Level 1 BST = 46
Level 40 BST = 154
Growth = 39/39/10/10/10 = 108
Growth = 90%/90%/25%/25%/25% = 255%

For Enemy Phase, to take full advantage of Vengeance, he can run something like this.
Duma's Lance
(Any Assist)
Vengeance
Distant Counter
Vantage
(Any C)
Quick Riposte
Zeke would have 58 Atk and deal an extra 36 damage on the second hit.

When I said Vantage I actually meant Quick Riposte. Don't know why those wires got crossed in my brain. Miracle and Quick Riposte would become useless on him. Vantage would obviously be more useful as it'd become a 100% activation. 

Mind maxing to 73 hp would be a little crazy. You'd probably want the Darting Stance seal on that build instead as Quick Riposte won't activate.

Vengeance us also called Vendetta in Shadows of Valencia so that's a good a reason as any to make it a prf special (as a word is also kind of suits Camus more than Vengeance as it's implications are a bit softer for the actually non vengeance focused Camus).

Edited by Jotari

37 minutes ago, Jotari said:

When I said Vantage I actually meant Quick Riposte. Don't know why those wires got crossed in my brain. Miracle and Quick Riposte would become useless on him. Vantage would obviously be more useful as it'd become a 100% activation.  You'd probably want the Darting Stance seal on that build instead.

Oh yeah, I just realized Quick Riposte would not work either.

Hm... Well, that is going to be difficult to get Vengeance to activate reliably without Quick Riposte, and that also means he needs to divert a lot of stats to Spd and actually function as a Spd tank, as well as needing much higher Spd than usual since he needs to double without Quick Riposte.

Maybe something like this. 66 bulk is not great, but it is the best I can manage.
Level 1 Stats: 25/7/8/3/3
Level 40 Stats: 53/31/45/13/13
Level 1 BST = 46
Level 40 BST = 154
Growth = 28/24/37/10/10 = 109
Growth = 65%/55%/85%/25%/25% = 255%

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Oh yeah, I just realized Quick Riposte would not work either.

Hm... Well, that is going to be difficult to get Vengeance to activate reliably without Quick Riposte, and that also means he needs to divert a lot of stats to Spd and actually function as a Spd tank, as well as needing much higher Spd than usual since he needs to double without Quick Riposte.

Maybe something like this. 66 bulk is not great, but it is the best I can manage.
Level 1 Stats: 25/7/8/3/3
Level 40 Stats: 53/31/45/13/13
Level 1 BST = 46
Level 40 BST = 154
Growth = 28/24/37/10/10 = 109
Growth = 65%/55%/85%/25%/25% = 255%

I think 13 defense is madness. XD It makes him an objectively better unit, but I'm more interested in making an interesting unit than an amazing power creeper. I think a mounted unit with a special that can reliably deal 25-30 damage every time and always activate Brazen/Desperation/Vantage skills is plenty interesting. Especially if it's a unique 2 charge version of Vengeance. It honestly would sit right with me if Zeke had less defense than Julius. If I were to make him better rather than nerfing certain stars to high heaven, I'd probably give him a unique C special that gives him and his ally increased stats from Ally support or something to reflect his relationship with Tatiana.

Edited by Jotari

Neimi, Tearful Archer

Spoiler

weapon: Guard Bow+
support: Draw Back
skill: Sure Shot (when this activates, ignore your opponent's activated defensive skill and deal +10 damage. cd 2)
A: Def/Res Bond
B: Dull Ranged

HP: 32
atk: 37
spd: 39
def: 10
res: 33

I just want a Neimi, I tried to make her balanced but with a little unique flair.

14 hours ago, whase said:

Neimi, Tearful Archer

Hide contents

weapon: Guard Bow+
support: Draw Back
skill: Sure Shot (when this activates, ignore your opponent's activated defensive skill and deal +10 damage. cd 2)
A: Def/Res Bond
B: Dull Ranged

HP: 32
atk: 37
spd: 39
def: 10
res: 33

I just want a Neimi, I tried to make her balanced but with a little unique flair.

Would that ignore miracle? And how would it I with Ice Wall and the whole Shield Pulse skill in general?

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Would that ignore miracle? And how would it I with Ice Wall and the whole Shield Pulse skill in general?

Maybe I should have specified defensive specials won't activate.

It would ignore specials like miracle, pavise, aegis and ice wall. Shield pulse does not come into effect as the defensive special is not activated.

31 minutes ago, whase said:

Maybe I should have specified defensive specials won't activate.

It would ignore specials like miracle, pavise, aegis and ice wall. Shield pulse does not come into effect as the defensive special is not activated.

Hmm. That's not really all that great as it'd leave the defensive specials intact for them to be used against your other units (not to mention its niche use to begin with given how subpar defensive specials tend to be). Maybe it could work like Witchy Wand and reset Specials after combat too, maybe even inflict the status effect too. That would give it near absolute coverage against defensive specials as ally units could also attack with impunity.

11 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Hmm. That's not really all that great as it'd leave the defensive specials intact for them to be used against your other units (not to mention its niche use to begin with given how subpar defensive specials tend to be). Maybe it could work like Witchy Wand and reset Specials after combat too, maybe even inflict the status effect too. That would give it near absolute coverage against defensive specials as ally units could also attack with impunity.

Since Neimi isn't a very popular character I figured I shouldn't give her a skill that is very important in the current meta. The underpowered-ness was intentional, not saying that I wouldn't love it if her skill was more powerful, I do like your idea. ^^

So, since we have Fallen Heroes, here are a couple of potential future Fallen Heroes:

Chrom - Risen Exalt | Red Sword | Armored

49/52/55 HP | 39/42/46 ATK | 18/21/24 SPD | 31/34/37 DEF | 23/26/30 RES

Weapon: Grim Fang [MT 16 | Grants ATK +3. When unit initiates combat, grants ATK +6 during combat and deals +10 damage when Special triggers.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Luna [3 Cooldown: Foe's DEF/RES is reduced by 50%.]

A Skill: Fierce Breath [When foe initiates combat, grants ATK +4 and Special Cooldown Charge +1 per attack during combat.]

B Skill: Rightful King [Accelerates Special Trigger (cooldown count -1). After combat, if Special activated, grants Special Cooldown -2.] EXCLUSIVE

C Skill: Panic Ploy 3 [At start of turn, inflicts [Panic] on foes in cardinal directions whose HP is at least 1 lower than this unit's HP.]

-

Sumeragi - Samurai Shade | Red Sword | Infantry

39/42/45 HP | 31/34/37 ATK | 37/40/43 SPD | 25/29/32 DEF | 21/24/27 RES

Weapon: Hagakure Blade [MT 11 | Inflicts SPD -2. Unit attacks twice when initiating combat.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Astra [4 Cooldown: Adds +150% to damage dealt.]

A Skill: Brazen ATK/SPD 3 [When HP < 80% at start of combat, grants ATK/SPD +7 during combat.]

B Skill: Ganglari [Grants ATK +3. Deals +10 damage when Special triggers, but if Special triggers, deals 8 damage after combat.] EXCLUSIVE

C Skill: Odd ATK Wave 3 [At the start of odd-numbered turns, grants ATK +6 to unit and adjacent allies for 1 turn.]

[NOTE] Sumeragi wields his equipped weapon with his right arm, and always holds Ganglari in his left arm. Ganglari is used to attack instead of the equipped weapon when his offensive Special triggers during combat.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

There's 3 units that I feel we need most when speaking of fallen heroes, quick ideas:

Nergal
wpn: Ereshkigal, upon killing an enemy all allies gain +4 to all stats
support: Quintessence, take life from an ally equal to the life you lost, then heal that much to yourself (inverted RD sacrifice)
A: close defense
C: Spur atk

Vigarde
wpn: Vigarde's Spear, +5 damage if not at max health, distant counter
support: reposition
Special: Great Shield, reduce damage to 0, cd5
A: Grado's strength, this unit's stats cannot be reduced or increased
B: That armor skill that makes you double on counterattack

Berserk Greil
wpn: Urvan
special: Aether
A: Fury 4
B: Quick Riposte
C: Dark God's Medallion, At the start of your turn, all units within 2 squares receive 30 damage and all stats -4

4 hours ago, whase said:

There's 3 units that I feel we need most when speaking of fallen heroes, quick ideas:

Nergal
wpn: Ereshkigal, upon killing an enemy all allies gain +4 to all stats
support: Quintessence, take life from an ally equal to the life you lost, then heal that much to yourself (inverted RD sacrifice)
A: close defense
C: Spur atk

Vigarde
wpn: Vigarde's Spear, +5 damage if not at max health, distant counter
support: reposition
Special: Great Shield, reduce damage to 0, cd5
A: Grado's strength, this unit's stats cannot be reduced or increased
B: That armor skill that makes you double on counterattack

Berserk Greil
wpn: Urvan
special: Aether
A: Fury 4
B: Quick Riposte
C: Dark God's Medallion, At the start of your turn, all units within 2 squares receive 30 damage and all stats -4

Berserk Greil used a sword though. And it's even a sword with a name that can easily be used as his prf (Ettard).

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Berserk Greil used a sword though. And it's even a sword with a name that can easily be used as his prf (Ettard).

Oops, can't believe I forgot he used a sword. That was Ettard though? Don't believe I knew that, where did we learn that?

2 hours ago, whase said:

Oops, can't believe I forgot he used a sword. That was Ettard though? Don't believe I knew that, where did we learn that?

It isn't Ettard, the sword isn't given a name:

Spoiler

fe9cg11.pngfe10-general-gawain.png

91?cb=20170419143303

The cross guard is straight on the Gawain's sword, more bent on the Ettard, they can't be the same. The Berserk flashback sword has a hoop on the butt of the hilt, neither of the other two swords do.

And as a fun factoid that probably isn't canon, a second Ettard is a hidden treasure in Part 3. It's hidden in 3-4: The General's Hand, makes some sense given what the General wields when they're in a dark mood and localization screwups.

On 5/15/2019 at 8:02 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

It isn't Ettard, the sword isn't given a name:

Hide contents

fe9cg11.pngfe10-general-gawain.png

91?cb=20170419143303

The cross guard is straight on the Gawain's sword, more bent on the Ettard, they can't be the same. The Berserk flashback sword has a hoop on the butt of the hilt, neither of the other two swords do.

And as a fun factoid that probably isn't canon, a second Ettard is a hidden treasure in Part 3. It's hidden in 3-4: The General's Hand, makes some sense given what the General wields when they're in a dark mood and localization screwups.

Ah. Forgive me, I stand corrected. I thought it had the same appearance for some reason (although looking at them again, they are very similar and I think it likely they are intended to be the same weapon, there's just some slight stylistic changes). Nevertheless I think they could give him Ettard if they ever decide to make Berserk Griel. Might as well since they're never going to let Ike use it.

Edited by Jotari

I think I will give this a try. Recently been thinking about what stats and skills IS would give the other Anna incarnations if they were added to Heroes after seeing custom sprites of them on Deviantart the other day.

Awakening Anna

Spoiler

Anna: Secret Seller

Edited: Moved Acrobat to B-slot. Null Follow Up was removed and Atk/Spd Solo was added to A-slot.

• Weapon: *Merchant's Sword-16 MT- Grants Spd+3. Accelerate Special Trigger -1. If unit's HP is greater than or equal to 50% unit can move one extra space that turn. Not inheritable.
  • Assist-n/a
  • Skill-Luna
  • Slot A-Atk/Spd Solo
  • Slot B-*Acrobat- Unit can move onto mountain and forest tiles as if they were normal tiles. (Infantry only)
  • Slot C: n/a

Infantry Sword

• HP-39
  • Atk-32
  • Spd-40
  • Def-28
  • Res-29
  • BST-168

Skillset is based on movement. In the 3DS games the thief class had skills based on like mobility like Move +1 and Acrobat and would like to see how some of these skills would translate in Heroes. Infantry units could use the help outside of just increasing the BST ceiling.

Fates Anna

Spoiler

Anna: Secretive Merchant

• Weapon:*Merchant's Bow- 14 MT-Grants +3 res. At start of Turn 1 grant Special cooldown count -2. If foe uses magic neutralizes foe's bonuses (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) during combat. Not inheritable.
  • Assist-n/a
  • Special-Iceburg
  • Slot A:
  • Slot B- Special Spiral 3
  • Slot C- *Move +1-If unit's HP> or equal to 50% unit can move one extra space that turn. (Infantry only)

Infantry Colorless Bow

• HP-36
  • Atk-31
  • Spd-39
  • Def-16
  • Res-32
  • BST-154

Focused on being a mage killer and spamming specials. Has high Speed and Res since those were some of Anna's best stats in Fates.

Apotheosis Anna

Spoiler

Anna: Apotheosis Goddess

• Weapon-*Merchant Lance-11 MT- Unit attacks twice. Unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range. Not inheritable.
  • Assist- n/a
  • Special- Galeforce
  • Slot A-*Secret Shop- During Aether Raid battles grant Atk/Spd/Def/Res+X during Combat. (If defending in Aether Raids, calculates X based on number of your defensive structures: ≥5 structures grants +10; 4 grants +7; 3 grants +4; ≤2 grants +1. Destroyed defensive structures are not counted. If attacking in Aether Raids, calculates X based on number of foe's defensive structures: ≤2 structures grants +10; 3 grants +7; 4 grants +4; ≥5 grants +1. Destroyed defensive structures are not counted.) Cannot be inherited by other units.
  • Slot B- Special Fighter 3
  • Slot C- Armor March 3

Mythic-Astra Blessing Res+4

Armored Lance

• HP-46
  • Atk-40
  • Spd-20
  • Def-37
  • Res-37
  • BST-180

Overpowered, yes. This one is basically just for fun though. Basically tried to make her as ridiculously power as she was in the Apotheosis DLC map. Weapon is to reference Anna had a Brave Lance and a Spear in the battle against her. Went with Mythic instead of Legendary since Legendary Heroes seem to be for main/important characters who gained fame after their story was told. And looking at Apotheosis Anna's stats they looked comparable to final bosses who were the literal gods of their games.

Might think up some skillsets for some Archanean units next.

Edited by NSSKG151

5 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:
  • Slot A-*Acrobat- Unit can move onto mountain and forest tiles as if they were normal tiles. (Infantry only)

Skillset is based on movement. In the 3DS games the thief class had skills based on like mobility like Move +1 and Acrobat and would like to see how some of these skills would translate in Heroes. Infantry units could use the help outside of just increasing the BST ceiling.

My issue with Acrobat is that nobody would run Acrobat competitively because it is not viable. The A slot is too valuable for stats. Distant Counter and Close Counter are the only non-stat-boosting A skills that can compete with stat-boosting A skills in my opinion.

I would move Acrobat to the B slot instead so at least it will see some use.

10 hours ago, XRay said:

My issue with Acrobat is that nobody would run Acrobat competitively because it is not viable. The A slot is too valuable for stats. Distant Counter and Close Counter are the only non-stat-boosting A skills that can compete with stat-boosting A skills in my opinion.

I would move Acrobat to the B slot instead so at least it will see some use.

Yeah, that makes sense. I couldn't decide if Acrobat should be used for slot A, B or C.