Create-A-Hero Thread

Sire

I just came up with some interesting ideas. 

Spoiler

Edelgard: Hagemon Husk

Colourless Flying Beast 

BST. 172

Hp. 43, Atk. 43, Spd. 16, Def. 36, Res. 34. 

Weapon: Twin crest power 

Mt. 14

Grants Atk+3. Neutralises effects that grant "effective against flying foes". If unit initiates combat, grants another action to unit (Once per turn. Does not stack). At start of combat if unit is transformed or not adjacent to an ally, unit and foe cannot make a follow up attack and unit attacks twice. At the start of turn, if unit is adjacent to only beast or dragon allies or if unit is not adjacent to any ally, unit transforms (otherwise, unit reverts). If unit transforms, unit can move 1 extra space. (That turn only. Does not stack.) If unit transforms, grants Atk+2

Special. Moonbow

Treats foe's Def/Res as if reduced by 30% during combat.

A. Heavy Blade 4

If unit's Attack > foe's Atk, grants Special cooldown charge +1 and deals +5 damage to foe per unit's attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)

B. Human Guard 3

If unit is transformed and is in combat against with a non dragon or beast foe reduces damage dealt to unit by 50%.

C. Atk/Def Rein 3

Inflicts Atk/Def -4 on foes within 2 spaces during combat.

This is the final boss of AM. Since she floats anyway I thought she has to be something completely unique from the rest of Edelgards to stand out, so I decided on colourless flier. Red is also an option I guess. I gave her extra BST since now we are in Gen 5 and fliers should get that boost. Her weapon has Atk+3 because she is an offensive unit and Iote's shield because most new fliers have it in some form. To reference her skill that gave her another action unconditionally I gave that in her weapon and it doesn't stack with GF since it was an once per turn thing. But she still is a 3 movement flier with an unconditional Galeforce so all is good. The wary fighter effect is to protect her from follow ups and she also has a brave effect so it also helps to prevent enemy phase Quadring and focus on her player phase. The rest of the kit is self explanatory. Moonbow and HB4 allow the second hit to be special charged, Atk/Def Rein is something that will eventually come and is her ideal C slot as it helps with HB, deals extra damage and reduces some. Her B slot is a reference to the Beorc Guard item from the Tellius games though the item negates beast effective damage, the beorc counterpart halves laguz damage but there aren't that many beast effective weapons and damage reduction is nice so it could be a nice options for beast units, it also references Edelgard's really sturdy berrier. 

Spoiler

Seiros: Saint of Legend 

Astra Mythic Hero. Hp/Res +5

Sword infantry

BST 176

Hp. 42, Atk. 38, Spd 20, Def. 35,  Res. 41.

Weapon, Sword of Seiros 

Mt. 16

Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). At start of combat if unit is within 3 spaces of an ally or if foe initiates combat, foe cannot make a follow up attack and reduces damage dealt to unit by foe's Area-of-Effect specials and foe's first attack by 40%. 

Special. Luna

Treats foe's Def/Res as if reduced by 50% during combat.

A. Distant Counter

Unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range. 

B. Null Follow-Up 3

Neutralizes effects that guarantee foe's follow-up attacks and effects that prevent unit's follow-up attacks during combat.

C. Immaculate Roar

Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res +3 during combat and "If Special triggers before or during combat, grants Special cooldown count-1 after combat" to allies within 3 spaces. If unit is within 3 spaces of an ally, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res +3 during combat and "If Special triggers before or during combat, grants Special cooldown count-1 after combat" to unit.

She is an Astra mythic hero that grants Res which is something we need. She is really slow to allow her to stand out from all the Sword infantries. Her kit wants her to be within 3 spaces of an ally as Seiros does depend on her allies (the saints, Wilhelm and now Cyril and Catherine). Her weapon is a slaying sword that for some really easy conditions disables foe's follow up attacks halves damage from AOE specials and the first attack, these effects allow her to compete in performance with other swordies and help her not get decimated by all the crazy nukes in Anima defence. Luna is a nice special option, DC complements her nice EP. Nul follow up is there to stop effects that guarantee follow ups and always disable the follow ups against non Null Follow up users. Her C slot is Joint Drive Spectrum and Joint Drive Special spiral 2. A new Astra mythic needs a good support option. She gives the extra Res which is good on it's own right however she can also give to allies within 3 spaces and +3 to all stats and extra cooldown. This is something every ally can use whether it is a nuke or a tank and even though GF units can't get the cooldown they still get stats and the 3 spaces remove any positioning problem. She also gives that to herself which helps with her tanking capabilities. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

I just came up with some interesting ideas. 

Hide contents

Edelgard: Hagemon Husk

Colourless Flying Beast 

BST. 172

Hp. 43, Atk. 43, Spd. 16, Def. 36, Res. 34. 

Weapon: Twin crest power 

Mt. 14

Grants Atk+3. Neutralises effects that grant "effective against flying foes". If unit initiates combat, grants another action to unit (Once per turn. Does not stack). At start of combat if unit is transformed or not adjacent to an ally, unit and foe cannot make a follow up attack and unit attacks twice. At the start of turn, if unit is adjacent to only beast or dragon allies or if unit is not adjacent to any ally, unit transforms (otherwise, unit reverts). If unit transforms, unit can move 1 extra space. (That turn only. Does not stack.) If unit transforms, grants Atk+2

Special. Moonbow

Treats foe's Def/Res as if reduced by 30% during combat.

A. Heavy Blade 4

If unit's Attack > foe's Atk, grants Special cooldown charge +1 and deals +5 damage to foe per unit's attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)

B. Human Guard 3

If unit is transformed and is in combat against with a non dragon or beast foe reduces damage dealt to unit by 50%.

C. Atk/Def Rein 3

Inflicts Atk/Def -4 on foes within 2 spaces during combat.

This is the final boss of AM. Since she floats anyway I thought she has to be something completely unique from the rest of Edelgards to stand out, so I decided on colourless flier. Red is also an option I guess. I gave her extra BST since now we are in Gen 5 and fliers should get that boost. Her weapon has Atk+3 because she is an offensive unit and Iote's shield because most new fliers have it in some form. To reference her skill that gave her another action unconditionally I gave that in her weapon and it doesn't stack with GF since it was an once per turn thing. But she still is a 3 movement flier with an unconditional Galeforce so all is good. The wary fighter effect is to protect her from follow ups and she also has a brave effect so it also helps to prevent enemy phase Quadring and focus on her player phase. The rest of the kit is self explanatory. Moonbow and HB4 allow the second hit to be special charged, Atk/Def Rein is something that will eventually come and is her ideal C slot as it helps with HB, deals extra damage and reduces some. Her B slot is a reference to the Beorc Guard item from the Tellius games though the item negates beast effective damage, the beorc counterpart halves laguz damage but there aren't that many beast effective weapons and damage reduction is nice so it could be a nice options for beast units, it also references Edelgard's really sturdy berrier. 

Reveal hidden contents

Seiros: Saint of Legend 

Astra Mythic Hero. Hp/Res +5

Sword infantry

BST 176

Hp. 42, Atk. 38, Spd 20, Def. 35,  Res. 41.

Weapon, Sword of Seiros 

Mt. 16

Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). At start of combat if unit is within 3 spaces of an ally or if foe initiates combat, foe cannot make a follow up attack and reduces damage dealt to unit by foe's Area-of-Effect specials and foe's first attack by 40%. 

Special. Luna

Treats foe's Def/Res as if reduced by 50% during combat.

A. Distant Counter

Unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range. 

B. Null Follow-Up 3

Neutralizes effects that guarantee foe's follow-up attacks and effects that prevent unit's follow-up attacks during combat.

C. Immaculate Roar

Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res +3 during combat and "If Special triggers before or during combat, grants Special cooldown count-1 after combat" to allies within 3 spaces. If unit is within 3 spaces of an ally, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res +3 during combat and "If Special triggers before or during combat, grants Special cooldown count-1 after combat" to unit.

She is an Astra mythic hero that grants Res which is something we need. She is really slow to allow her to stand out from all the Sword infantries. Her kit wants her to be within 3 spaces of an ally as Seiros does depend on her allies (the saints, Wilhelm and now Cyril and Catherine). Her weapon is a slaying sword that for some really easy conditions disables foe's follow up attacks halves damage from AOE specials and the first attack, these effects allow her to compete in performance with other swordies and help her not get decimated by all the crazy nukes in Anima defence. Luna is a nice special option, DC complements her nice EP. Nul follow up is there to stop effects that guarantee follow ups and always disable the follow ups against non Null Follow up users. Her C slot is Joint Drive Spectrum and Joint Drive Special spiral 2. A new Astra mythic needs a good support option. She gives the extra Res which is good on it's own right however she can also give to allies within 3 spaces and +3 to all stats and extra cooldown. This is something every ally can use whether it is a nuke or a tank and even though GF units can't get the cooldown they still get stats and the 3 spaces remove any positioning problem. She also gives that to herself which helps with her tanking capabilities. 

Brave effect, guaranteed galeforce, wary fighter and movement+1 is pretty damn ridiculous to have on one weapon.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Brave effect, guaranteed galeforce, wary fighter and movement+1 is pretty damn ridiculous to have on one weapon.

Considering the weapons of the brave heroes this year I thought it wouldn't be that crazy. However, I did go a bit overboard especially with that brave effect, Atk+6 should be good instead of Brave and the galeforce can be also be under the same condition.

Edited by SuperNova125

Name: Charlotte (Default!Charlotte)
Unit Type: Axe Infantry

HP: 44
Atk: 40 (56 w/ weapon)
Spd: 38
Def: 37 (40 w/ weapon)
Res: 26
BST: 185

Weapon: Money Maker
Might/Effect: 16 Might. Grants Def +3. Effective against infantry foes. If unit is not adjacent to an ally, grants Atk/Def +6 during combat.
Assist: NONE
Special: Bonfire
A Passive: Atk/Spd Solo 3
B Passive: Lance Hunter 3 (回避・槍殺し, or "Avoidance / Spear killing"...I thought "hunter" was a good word to use for the act of killing while avoiding the target, that's kinda what hunters do)
B Effect: If unit's Spd > foe's Spd, reduces damage from attacks during combat and from area-of-effect Specials (excluding Rokkr area-of-effect Specials) by percentage = difference between stats x 3 (max 30%). If foe is a lance user, reduces damage by percentage = difference between stats x5 (max 50%) instead, and unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack while the foe cannot make a follow-up attack.
C Passive: Axe Valor 3

Charlotte's skills make her the ultimate anti-Infantry Lance unit, capable of dueling most if not all Infantry Lance users, and even many non-Infantry Lance users in general, and coming out on top. Her weapon, Money Maker, grants her effectiveness against Infantry and gives her both Defense +3 and Atk/Def Solo 3. Her B, Lance Hunter 3, combines the Evasion effect with Lancebreaker, and ties in the latter into the former's Spd comparison. Her A is Atk/Spd Form 3, but I'm more interested in talking about Lance Hunter.
With Lance Hunter, the unit gets less damage reduction against non-Lances than you'd normally get with other Parry skills. In return, though, it gives you 
more damage reduction against Lances and also gives you Lancebreaker's guaranteed follow-up and foe's follow-up prevention effects, making the unit more than able to combat them effectively. Against Lances, the damage reduction is 50%; not only is this superior to the typical Evasion effect by 10%, but it also gives you a comfort zone of 2 Spd for the same damage reduction % (8 Spd, compared to the normal 10).
Anyhow, her last skill are Bonfire and Axe Valor...we really don't have that many units with Valor skills, so I felt giving her that as her C would be appreciated. Meanwhile, Bonfire (when combined with her weapon) gives her 23 extra damage.

• 2 weeks later...

ANF!Edelgard is an armor unit with near cavalry mobility. I would like a cavalry unit with an armor's combat performance.

Frederick: Guardian of Sanity
Red Sword/Blue Lance/Green Axe Cavalry
Awakening's first 4 chapters of Lunatic+ is basically Frederick Emblem. I do not really care which primary color and which Weapon he uses, since he can use any melee Weapons in Awakening.

Vigilant Sword/Lance/Axe: Mt 16
Reduces movement by 1. Inflicts Atk-20 on foe and Spd-5 on unit, and neutralizes foe's bonuses to Atk (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) and unit's penalties to Def/Res during combat.
Great Knights have lower movement in Awakening. Atk-20 is modelled after Flora's Def+20, but stronger, since it is also an additional Res+20.

Pebble Vision: Rng 1
Moves target ally to opposite side of unit and grants another action to unit.
Frederick can save an ally from tripping over pebbles.

Negating Shield: cooldown 2
Reduces damage from foe's attack by 50%. After triggering, boosts damage for unit's next attack by treating foe's Def/Res as if reduced by 50%. (Boost resets at the end of combat.)
Inspired by COD!F!Corrin's Negating Fang.

Pick a God and Pray!: B
Skills with "effective against armor" are effective against unit. Grants Special cooldown charge +1 to unit and inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.). Unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack and foe cannot make a follow-up attack.
The meat and potatoes of this build.

5* Level 1 Stats
17/13/3/6/6 = 49
Growth Rate
65%/75%/25%/60%/60% = 285%
5* Stat Gain
28/33/10/26/26
5* Level 40 Stats
45/46/13/32/32
I am assuming gen V cavalry start with 49 stats at 5* and 285% growth rate. Frederick will essentially have 62 Atk, 82 comparison Atk, 52 effective Def/Res, and 8 Spd.

— — — — — — —

If ANF!Edelgard dialed it up to 11, then I figured I would have Saint Celestine dial it up to 12 and go another full circle cause I am feeling 22. Saint Celestine is from Warhammer 40,000. 

Celestine: The Living Saint
Colorless Dagger Armor

Ardent Blade: Mt 12
Grants Atk+3. Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). If Special triggers before or during combat, grants Special cooldown count-2 after combat. During combat, neutralizes effects that inflict "Special cooldown charge -X" on unit. Grants bonus to unit’s Atk = total bonuses and penalties on unit and foe during combat. Calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res

Saint Katherine's Blessing: Rng 1
Pushes target ally 2 spaces away and grants another action to unit, and all allies can move 1 extra space. Grants the following status to all allies: "Unit can move to a space adjacent to any ally within 2 spaces." (That turn only. Does not stack.) Neutralizes unit's and all allies' penalties (from skills like Panic, Threaten, etc.) and negative status effects (preventing counterattacks, restricting movement, etc.) that last through ally's next action.

The Emperor's Wrath: cooldown 4, area of effect being a combination of Growing Wind and Growing Light.
Before combat this unit initiates, foes in a wide area near target take damage equal to 1.5 x (unit's Atk minus foe's Def or Res).

Sister Repentia: A
Grants Atk/Spd+15. Inflicts Def/Res-10.

Wings of Faith: B
At start of turn, unit can move 1 extra space (that turn only; does not stack). Unit can move to a space adjacent to any ally. Any ally can move to a space adjacent to unit.

Divine Will: C
Neutralizes effects that guarantee foe's follow-up attacks and effects that prevent unit's follow-up attacks during combat. Foe cannot make a follow-up attack. Disables foe's skills that change attack priority. If unit initiates combat, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack before foe can counterattack. If unit's HP > 1 and foe would reduce unit's HP to 0, unit survives with 1 HP. Restores 10 HP after combat.

5* Level 1 Stats
3/23/22/3/3 = 54
Growth Rate
80%/100%/100%/5%/5% = 290%
5* Stat Gain
35/44/44/1/1
5* Level 40 Stats
38/67/66/4/4

Spoiler

Xane: Freelancing Chameleon

Assumed statline: 37/33/42/21/39

Skills:

W: Rapier (MotE reference)

As: Tricky Feet (Pivot, but when unit uses grants another action and removes debuffs on ally (once per turn))

S: N/A

A: Atk/Spd Solo 4

B: Chameleonic Tendancy (If unit uses/has assist used on them, unit takes ally's stat line + buffs, skills and movement type (and weaknesses) and applies them to unit. While in this state unit is Disguised for two turns until he turns back into Xane. Disguised status prevents unit from using assist skill and skills which affect movement of allies/enemies (eg Pass, Obstruct, Warp Powder))

C: Joint Drive Res

The idea came to me, apologies if someone has thought of similar and it could do with some work.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't want to go into too much detail about it, but seeing as I have Valentine's Ike, Valentine's Griel, and now Gatrie, I'd love to make a Griel's Mercenaries armor team! It's kind of missing an armored unit, though, and seeing as Gatrie is the only canon armor that the mercenary company has, we'll have to make an alt. And if we're making an alt, may as well make it a fun one!

Elena: Mother's Song Duo

The lead is Elena (Ike and Mist's mother) and she's a duo with her young daughter, Mist. I imagine this being a picnic seasonal or something like that to incorporate the flowers from that field in the cutscene where she's first shown in PoR. Flower crowns and a general motif of the flowers is included in the artwork.

Weapon Type: Colorless tome

Movement: Armored

Weapon: Soothed Medallion: Mt14, Rng2. Grants Res+3. If any penalty to unit's stats is active, foe suffers these penalties x2 in combat. Calculates each stat independently. At start of turn, restores 7HP to allies within 2 spaces of unit.

Special: N/A

Assist: Sing

Duo Skill: Removes all allies' penalties (from skills like Panic, Threaten, etc.) and negative status effects (preventing counterattacks, restricting movement, etc.) that last through allies' next actions. Once used, Duo Skill cannot be activated again right away. At start of even-numbered turns, if Duo Skill has already been used, unit can use Duo Skill again.

A: Fort. Def/Res 3

B: Renewal 3

C : Even Res Wave 3

Stats: High Res, high HP, fair def, and low atk/spd. Dedicated support unit.

And within the voice lines, she and Mist can hum the lullaby together. X3

There. I think that's a pretty reasonable banner star. ^_^ (Based her off of Duo Sigurd, Heron Wing (weapon), Chaos Manifest (Yune's Tome - just the Mt and Res+3, though) and Chaos Ragnell (but made it more Order-y than Chaos-y with the stat penalty thing.)

Edit: Ah, also based her Duo skill on Restore+ without the HP recovery.)

Edited by Mercakete

In honor of Petrine making it in, I decided to do the remaining two riders. I'm assuming they're both GHBs. Was going to include Tauroneo, but I haven't had any ideas I liked for him yet.

Spoiler

Bertram: Sinister Knight

Class: Sword cavalry

Stats: 43/37/30-/34/24+

Weapon: Runesword - 16mt. Grants res +3. When unit deals damage to foe during combat, restores 7 HP to unit. (Triggers even if 0 damage is dealt.) At start of combat, if unit's HP ≥ 50%, calculates damage using foe's Res, and inflicts Atk/Res -5 on foe during combat.

Special: Vengeance

A: Swift Stance 2

B: Quick Ripose 3 (4* that's right, finally)

In PoR Bertram is slightly slower and slightly bulkier than Petrine and there haven't been any EP oriented cavs in the perm F2P pool for a while so I figured I'd run with that. He's basically got Ares's statline with a worse(?) weapon and the majority of the gen stat increase put into res. 30 speed is high enough that it draws away from other stats so he's not too min/maxed, but low enough that it doesn't really benefit him a ton. Runesword is basically Flame Lance that trades beast effectiveness for self-healing, again, similar to PoR. I could see dropping the +3 res if the healing is considered too strong a third effect. As for skills, Swift Stance is mostly just to give an F2P source and I guess would help him be an EP tank by making him slightly harder to double and give him slightly more magical bulk. QR is to help him on EP and because it's about damn time it was available from a 4*, even if grails are way more scarce than feathers at this point.

Spoiler

Bryce: Daein's Shield

Class: Lance Armor

Stats: 48-/39+/30/40/28-

Weapon: Wishblade - 16mt. At start of combat, if unit's HP ≥ 50%, grants Special cooldown charge +1 to unit and inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.) Inflicts Atk/Def -5 on foes within 2 spaces during combat.

Special: Noontime

A: Warding Stance 3 (4*)

B: Wary Fighter

Bryce is kind of fast for an armor in and has decent res with great HP, atk, and def in PoR (at least in HM). Like Bertram, his speed is intentionally kind of high so he's not too min/maxed for a F2P unit, and his res is a little lower than maybe would be idea. It's still fairly good, but it's kind of hard to have bad stats when you've got 185 BST, and upping his speed or HP more seemed a bit excessive. He's got daunt, so as with the rest of the riders (minus BK, both in PoR and FEH) gets the rein-type effect, though his, like Ashnard's, is also a supportive effect. The special fighter effect is a nod to his guard in PoR and while I thought about a stat boost and guard effect, I'm biased toward Bryce so he gets this. Warding Stance is to help his magic bulk and makes it available from a non-5* source (currently only H!Sakura and Berkut), and let's be honest, tier 3 single stat stance skills aren't exactly premium anymore. Wary Fighter because why not?

Edited by bottlegnomes

Continuing on the Daein thread, thought I'd lob a potential Zihark build considering I don't think I've seen one yet here.

Zihark : Traveling Mercenary

Class: Sword Infantry (Red)

Stats: 42HP / 45ATK / 49 SPD / 32DEF / 20RES

Weapon: Killing Edge+

Special: Adept (3 cooldown) - unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack (replace with Glimmer if this is too out of the box?)

B: Deadly Balance

C: Laguz Friend: At start of turn, if unit is adjacent to any allies that are beast or dragon allies, grants Atk/Spd+6 to unit and those allies for 1 turn. (essentially a reverse Human Virtue)

Justifications -

Zihark was interesting with stats in PoR/RD: essentially the tankiest (physical) swordsman in the first game, and in the second game traded some def for a surprising chunk of res.  Very subjective but he felt almost halfway between PoR Mia and Ike in terms of raw attack output versus slightly frail defense - the key was loading him up with the right skill combos that play well with adept.  Essentially have him (hopefully) competitive with the latest wave of sword infantries with speed slightly edging out attack, without being anything special.

Weapon is his base kit, special feels like a ripe opportunity to introduce Adept as something fun and different rather than all the damage boosts/reductions.  B skill is a bit more of a stretch but kind of fun to hint at the focus and self-discipline needed to be a mole in the vigilante group and then of course all the times he was a turncoat. C skill is obviously a nod to his laguz motivations in both games.

Edited by kradeelav

4 hours ago, kradeelav said:

Continuing on the Daein thread, thought I'd lob a potential Zihark build considering I don't think I've seen one yet here.

Zihark : Traveling Mercenary

Class: Sword Infantry (Red)

Stats: 42HP / 45ATK / 49 SPD / 32DEF / 20RES

Weapon: Killing Edge+

Special: Adept (3 cooldown) - unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack (replace with Glimmer if this is too out of the box?)

B: Deadly Balance

😄 Laguz Friend: At start of turn, if unit is adjacent to any allies that are beast or dragon allies, grants Atk/Spd+6 to unit and those allies for 1 turn. (essentially a reverse Human Virtue)

Justifications -

Zihark was interesting with stats in PoR/RD: essentially the tankiest (physical) swordsman in the first game, and in the second game traded some def for a surprising chunk of res.  Very subjective but he felt almost halfway between PoR Mia and Ike in terms of raw attack output versus slightly frail defense - the key was loading him up with the right skill combos that play well with adept.  Essentially have him (hopefully) competitive with the latest wave of sword infantries with speed slightly edging out attack, without being anything special.

Weapon is his base kit, special feels like a ripe opportunity to introduce Adept as something fun and different rather than all the damage boosts/reductions.  B skill is a bit more of a stretch but kind of fun to hint at the focus and self-discipline needed to be a mole in the vigilante group and then of course all the times he was a turncoat. C skill is obviously a nod to his laguz motivations in both games.

In most cases an Atk and Spd boost of +6 is not really going to justify the unit not transforming that turn. Making it a skill that allows beast units to transform even adjacent to a non beast unit would make for far more interesting gameplay as we could mix beast and non beast teams together at the cost of a C skill.

11 hours ago, Jotari said:

In most cases an Atk and Spd boost of +6 is not really going to justify the unit not transforming that turn. Making it a skill that allows beast units to transform even adjacent to a non beast unit would make for far more interesting gameplay as we could mix beast and non beast teams together at the cost of a C skill.

Oooh I *love* that idea, because you're right, had completely forgotten about that penalty.  Consider it added!

@kradeelav Zihark is a favorite so very glad to see him. I have some thoughts on him—feel free to disregard.

• Currently, his BST is too high for gen 5 infantry (188 vs. Brave Dimitri's ~176), and currently they have a soft ceiling at 45, so maybe drop his speed to 45 and strength to 38? If this includes his weapon, then ignore the BST part.
  • I'd go with Slaying Edge+. Killing weapons are pretty much dead in the water since slaying weapons were released, aside from upgrading them in the refinery. Might also be worth giving him a personal weapon.
  • I'm pretty sure FEH represents adept as desperation. Both provide sequential attacks rather than normal P -> E -> P combat and have a fairly similar icon. That said, I like the idea of a special that reorders combat rather than a straight damage buff.
  • I don't think they'd give Zihark Lif's personal skill, or probably even any personal skill. In general, only special units (mythics, legendaries, the anniversary/brave characters) seem to get personal skills and they very rarely, if ever, overlap, and when there is overlap, it's because the characters are closely related. It seems more likely he'd get a personal weapon which is where you could differentiate him and also give a nod to his vigilante work.
  • Like I mentioned, him getting a personal skill seems unlikely, but I like the flavor of his C slot too much to say no to it. It could be an inheritable skill with some tweaked effects as a possibility too. Definitely agree that letting them transform is a good idea.

I like your take on him, and as mentioned, always glad to see Zihark. These were just some thoughts to make him a little more in line with FEH's apparent current hero creation approach.

Edited by bottlegnomes

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

@kradeelav Zihark is a favorite so very glad to see him. I have some thoughts on him—feel free to disregard.

• Currently, his BST is too high for gen 5 infantry (188 vs. Brave Dimitri's ~176), and currently they have a soft ceiling at 45, so maybe drop his speed to 45 and strength to 38? If this includes his weapon, then ignore the BST part.
  • I'd go with Slaying Edge+. Killing weapons are pretty much dead in the water since slaying weapons were released, aside from upgrading them in the refinery. Might also be worth giving him a personal weapon.
  • I'm pretty sure FEH represents adept as desperation. Both provide sequential attacks rather than normal P -> E -> P combat and have a fairly similar icon. That said, I like the idea of a special that reorders combat rather than a straight damage buff.
  • I don't think they'd give Zihark Lif's personal skill, or probably even any personal skill. In general, only special units (mythics, legendaries, the anniversary/brave characters) seem to get personal skills and they very rarely, if ever, overlap, and when there is overlap, it's because the characters are closely related. It seems more likely he'd get a personal weapon which is where you could differentiate him and also give a nod to his vigilante work.
  • Like I mentioned, him getting a personal skill seems unlikely, but I like the flavor of his C slot too much to say no to it. It could be an inheritable skill with some tweaked effects as a possibility too. Definitely agree that letting them transform is a good idea.

I like your take on him, and as mentioned, always glad to see Zihark. These were just some thoughts to make him a little more in line with FEH's apparent current hero creation approach.

ahaha these are all amazing thoughts and I'm so glad you took the time to type them out! : D

very, very good point on the BST thing; math is not my strong suit at all (says the one playing the-characters-as-math-chess-game lmao), so will take your lead on there. 

Likewise with the Killing Edge/Slaying bit; there was a part of me that was considering a personal weapon ... honestly? to your points in the middle bit, a (inheritable) Laguzslayer would be darkly ironically hilarious considering RD Pt3 and the fact in PoR the game sort of nudges you to give him a laguzslayer considering the vigilante gives it to you (ike) right before he joins, and it's right before the raven chapter.  Playing doubly off of that vigilante turncoat-from-Daein vibe, too.  Agreed with replacing the B skill with this.

Edited by kradeelav

Since Zihark is so popular I might aswell give me own shot at him.

Zihark (Sword, Infantry)

FE9

HP: 40

Atk: 50 (including weapon)

Spd: 44 

Def:27

Res:25

Weapon:  Milita Blade:  Mt 16. Atk+3. Grants special Spiral 3. Can only be equipped by it's original owner.

Assist: 

Special: Glimmer

A Skill: 

B Skill: Adept: If unit's special is charged, unit may perform a follow up attack before the foe can counter attack. Melee units only.

C Skill: Beast Friend: Unit does not prevent adjacent beast units from transforming at the start of turn.

Adept works by granting a desperation effect instead. It procs based on skill here so rather than be HP based like Desperation or Lewyn's skills, it's based on whether a special is charged. Other units can inherit the skill but it works more for defensive specials since you can't simultaneouslynously use it with special spiral. Fortunately Zihark gets a weapon with special spiral however letting him proc a desperation attack every turn (well after you've charged it initially, consider Time Pulse of Velora). Moonbow would be better on him, but glimmer works well as better nod to his killing edge tendancies. Hopefully he'd be a player phase menace with two attacks, one a special, being lanuched on player phase before the foe can counter attack. Especially if you give him Death Blow 4 or something.

Oh and of course my revised suggestion for Beast Friend that lets him work on beast teams.

Edited by Jotari

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

Same here, Jill is in, but I might do a RD version at some point as well. Since Jill and Zihark are my favourite FE characters period.

latest?cb=20170416075038

Zihark: Blade of Unity

Sword Infantry (176 BST)

Hp: 36  / Atk: 38 (+16=54) / Spd: 44(+3=47) / Def: 25 / Res 33

Weapon: Tempest Blade [Grants Spd +3, Accelerates special cool down -1. At start of turn, if unit is within 2 spaces of beast ally, grants special cool down -1. If unit is not adjacent to any ally, unit can counterattack regardless of foes range.]

Assist: Reciprocal aid

Special: Astra

A: Atk/Spd Unity 

B: Adept [If unit's Spd > Foe's Spd, Neutralizes effects that guarantee foe's follow-up attacks and effects that prevent unit's follow up attacks and if unit initiates combat, unit makes a follow up attack before foe can counterattack.]

C : Spd Smoke

I kept Adept as a unique skill, making it a Spd based NFU and Desperation. So if he outspeeds and initiates, he has Desperation active. I didn't want to add another tier 4 skill but if I did, it'd be joint drive Spd. Reciprocal aid is a reference to his shared burden from his past and how he feels about the war between Daein and the Laguz Alliance. Astra is his T3 skill in Rd, so that's a given.  Now for the more interesting skills;

Tempest Blade is a 2 range weapon and I wanted to reflect that. The solo effect is because he feels alone quite a bit since he doesn't feel like a true citizen of Daein at times, but the Beast  synergy is there because of obvious reasons. It also opens his slot A for something useful, in this case, Atk/Spd Unity, to further help cement his high speed. 

How would he play: Zihark has two options with this build. One is as the recipient of an IP team on AR defense. He's have 4 CD gale force, with Time's Pulse in the C he'd go to 3. That's easily pursuable to instant Gf with his relatively low HP. So he'd have GF active immediately in this scenario. but even with a pulse smoke, he'd still be able to get back to active special with his weapon. As long as he's close to a beast unit, he gets a special cd every turn. This also counters the pulse tie skills. He's also be able to use damaging specials if wanted. When he initiates, he's pretty much guaranteed a double before the foe can attack. So on AR-O, you can pair him with Reyson, Velouria or B!Rafiel for whatever kind of cool down/rweach for your refresher you need. He can gale force and then tank a hit if needed. 

He's not useful as a tank however, as he has no way to get damage reduction outside of his special and he also does not get bonus stats. 

So he'd mostly be used as an active player phase unit, with some ways to make him work on EP as well. The most unique thing is his continuos CD reduction depending on if a beast unit is in range.

Edited by Vicious Sal

38 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Same here, Jill is in, but I might do a RD version at some point as well. Since Jill and Zihark are my favourite FE characters period.

latest?cb=20170416075038

Zihark: Blade of Unity

Sword Infantry (176 BST)

Weapon: Tempest Blade [Grants Spd +3, Accelerates special cool down -1. At start of turn, if unit is within 2 spaces of beast ally, grants special cool down -1. If unit is not adjacent to any ally, unit can counterattack regardless of foes range.]

B: Adept [If unit's Spd > Foe's Spd, Neutralizes effects that guarantee foe's follow-up attacks and effects that prevent unit's follow up attacks and if unit initiates combat, unit makes a follow up attack before foe can counterattack.]

I kept Adept as a unique skill, making it a Spd based NFU and Desperation. So if he outspeeds and initiates, he has Desperation active. I didn't want to add another tier 4 skill but if I did, it'd be joint drive Spd. Reciprocal aid is a reference to his shared burden from his past and how he feels about the war between Daein and the Laguz Alliance. Astra is his T3 skill in Rd, so that's a given.  Now for the more interesting skills;

Tempest Blade is a 2 range weapon and I wanted to reflect that. The solo effect is because he feels alone quite a bit since he doesn't feel like a true citizen of Daein at times, but the Beast  synergy is there because of obvious reasons. It also opens his slot A for something useful, in this case, Atk/Spd Unity, to further help cement his high speed. 

How would he play: Zihark has two options with this build. One is as the recipient of an IP team on AR defense. He's have 4 CD gale force, with Time's Pulse in the C he'd go to 3. That's easily pursuable to instant Gf with his relatively low HP. So he'd have GF active immediately in this scenario. but even with a pulse smoke, he'd still be able to get back to active special with his weapon. As long as he's close to a beast unit, he gets a special cd every turn. This also counters the pulse tie skills. He's also be able to use damaging specials if wanted. When he initiates, he's pretty much guaranteed a double before the foe can attack. So on AR-O, you can pair him with Reyson, Velouria or B!Rafiel for whatever kind of cool down/rweach for your refresher you need. He can gale force and then tank a hit if needed. 

He's not useful as a tank however, as he has no way to get damage reduction outside of his special and he also does not get bonus stats. 

So he'd mostly be used as an active player phase unit, with some ways to make him work on EP as well. The most unique thing is his continuos CD reduction depending on if a beast unit is in range.

I would like to see the Tempest Blade in the game, but this makes for a pretty weird character wherein you want to be close to allies, but you don't want to be adjacent to them. For such an esoteric set up I'd want the effect to be stronger than just a distant counter. Especially given how he's not built as an enemy phase unit.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

Zihark (Sword, Infantry)

Atk: 50 (including weapon)

Spd: 44 

Def:27

Res:25

Weapon:  Milita Blade:  Mt 16. Atk+3. Grants special Spiral 3. Can only be equipped by it's original owner.

Assist: 

Special: Glimmer

A Skill: 

B Skill: Adept: If unit's special is charged, unit may perform a follow up attack before the foe can counter attack. Melee units only.

C Skill: Beast Friend: Unit does not prevent adjacent beast units from transforming at the start of turn.

Adept works by granting a desperation effect instead. It procs based on skill here so rather than be HP based like Desperation or Lewyn's skills, it's based on whether a special is charged. Other units can inherit the skill but it works more for defensive specials since you can't simultaneouslynously use it with special spiral. Fortunately Zihark gets a weapon with special spiral however letting him proc a desperation attack every turn (well after you've charged it initially, consider Time Pulse of Velora). Moonbow would be better on him, but glimmer works well as better nod to his killing edge tendancies. Hopefully he'd be a player phase menace with two attacks, one a special, being lanuched on player phase before the foe can counter attack. Especially if you give him Death Blow 4 or something.

Oh and of course my revised suggestion for Beast Friend that lets him work on beast teams.

Oh this is neat! Not super familiar with Special Spiral but it essentially looks like Adept and prf weapon together essentially forces him to proc a (PoR/RD) adept-like extra blow - I like the fact it's decoupled from HP.  I get it in terms of FE:H gameplay, but the HP-based skills get kind of repetitive after a while, so I dig this.

51 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Zihark: Blade of Unity / Sword Infantry (176 BST)

He's not useful as a tank however, as he has no way to get damage reduction outside of his special and he also does not get bonus stats.  So he'd mostly be used as an active player phase unit, with some ways to make him work on EP as well. The most unique thing is his continuos CD reduction depending on if a beast unit is in range.

Loving that Tempest blade idea!  Yeah, it feels like a great way to start introducing 2-ranged weapons that's not an utterly broken Ragnell and the like.  The player phase shenanigans also definitely feel apropos to how he was playable in RD specifically; surprisingly able to kill most things even without being a nuke, could take a hit but things got riskier after that.

Amused at the sudden Zihark revival here :D

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I would like to see the Tempest Blade in the game, but this makes for a pretty weird character wherein you want to be close to allies, but you don't want to be adjacent to them. For such an esoteric set up I'd want the effect to be stronger than just a distant counter. Especially given how he's not built as an enemy phase unit.

I could have gone for DMG% Reduction based on speed instead of DC, but it didn't feel right for the weapon. This way the weapon and play style suits a specific kind of play style that is highly effective in AR. It doesn't need to be good for every game mode. 
And I wouldn't consider the range restrictions all that weird. It's a matter of starting the turn within two spaces of a beast Ally, and in AR-O, you typically end turn with a drive support unit behind the tank. With gale force  you end up with often leaving only a dancer or so alive, so the DC can still work well there, or you can block units in.  Besides starting your turn within two spaces of a beast ally, the only other condition is being not adjacent, which is the most lenient condition ever. Solo's are so easy to trigger. throwin more things on this weapon would make it absolutely overloaded, since being able to get a free quickened pulse every turn is incredibly wrong as it is.

1 hour ago, kradeelav said:

Oh this is neat! Not super familiar with Special Spiral but it essentially looks like Adept and prf weapon together essentially forces him to proc a (PoR/RD) adept-like extra blow - I like the fact it's decoupled from HP.  I get it in terms of FE:H gameplay, but the HP-based skills get kind of repetitive after a while, so I dig this.

Loving that Tempest blade idea!  Yeah, it feels like a great way to start introducing 2-ranged weapons that's not an utterly broken Ragnell and the like.  The player phase shenanigans also definitely feel apropos to how he was playable in RD specifically; surprisingly able to kill most things even without being a nuke, could take a hit but things got riskier after that.

Amused at the sudden Zihark revival here 😄

Ragnell is quite tame as it is just a DC weapon. Chaos Ragnell is strong, as is Ragnell Alondite which Altina wields. this I'd say is pretty on par with how strong Chaos Ragnell is, as getting a pretty much free quickened pulse every turn is bonkers.

Edited by Vicious Sal

7 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

I could have gone for DMG% Reduction based on speed instead of DC, but it didn't feel right for the weapon. This way the weapon and play style suits a specific kind of play style that is highly effective in AR. It doesn't need to be good for every game mode. 
And I wouldn't consider the range restrictions all that weird. It's a matter of starting the turn within two spaces of a beast Ally, and in AR-O, you typically end turn with a drive support unit behind the tank. With gale force  you end up with often leaving only a dancer or so alive, so the DC can still work well there, or you can block units in.  Besides starting your turn within two spaces of a beast ally, the only other condition is being not adjacent, which is the most lenient condition ever. Solo's are so easy to trigger. throwin more things on this weapon would make it absolutely overloaded, since being able to get a free quickened pulse every turn is incredibly wrong as it is.

Ragnell is quite tame as it is just a DC weapon. Chaos Ragnell is strong, as is Ragnell Alondite which Altina wields. this I'd say is pretty on par with how strong Chaos Ragnell is, as getting a pretty much free quickened pulse every turn is bonkers.

Well it's not just starting neat a beast unit. You've giving him Atk/Spd unity which would encourage him to be near units during combat too. Sure you could just take away that and replace it with a solo, but a characters kit should in some way reflect how they're meant to be played, especially if you're getting lv4 skills out of it.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Well it's not just starting neat a beast unit. You've giving him Atk/Spd unity which would encourage him to be near units during combat too. Sure you could just take away that and replace it with a solo, but a characters kit should in some way reflect how they're meant to be played, especially if you're getting lv4 skills out of it.

Which is why I went super in depth with my original post about what his intended playstyle was and how the kit entirely revolves around that. Didn’t you read any of that? It litterally explains why unity is a really synergistic skills for his intended use.

Some time ago I made a theorycraft for this character however, a lot of things have changed since that time and I also saw a pretty cool idea a while back from another theorycraft somewhere else and it inspired me to rework on this character. This is a quite fun and stupid idea at the same time, I doubt they would ever do something like this as I went a little bit overboard. 

Spoiler

Anankos, Silent Dragon

Colourless Flying Dragon

Astra Mythic Hero Hp+5 Spd+4

BST. 177

Hp.44 Atk.40 Spd.17 Def.38 Res.38

Wpn. Silent Breath

Mt.16, Range = 1

Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). If foe's Range = 2, calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res. If unit's HP ≥ 25%, unit will not be attacked by foes and unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack, also foe can counterattack unit regardless of Range and can pass through unit.

Special. Draconic Aura, CD:3

Boosts Atk by 30%.

A slot. Fury 4

Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4. Unit takes 8 damage after combat.

B slot. Dragon's blood

Support partner can move to a space adjacent to unit and unit can move to a space adjacent to support partner. If unit initiates combat damage received by foe's attacks is reduced by 50%.

C slot. Pulse Smoke 3

Inflicts Special cooldown count+1 on target and foes withing 2 spaces of target after combat. (No effects on Special cooldown counts already at maximum.)

This unit takes inspiration from in game references like lore etc. and the dragon Corrins and Lilith due to their special lore connection. This is the reason he has the Trainee BST as all of these dragons have it. Before I get into his unique stuff I will talk about the old skills. Pulse smoke is there to mirror the Critical Evade +10 his breath has and its generally amazing for AR. Fury 4 is a reference to his madness, because of his great power he goes on a rampage and even hurts himself, in the gameplay side of things it's a nice ability that allows him to soak chills, have a nice boost in stats and the damage can be useful for some situations. The special is self explanatory. Now the rest is the crazy part I believe, I wanted the playstyle to be really unique and fun at the same time so I considered ally support to be the best way to do this. His B slot allows instant warping for him and his partner, he warps like Lilith and the ally warps next to him similarly to how he can summon and control Garon and even Takumi. The damage reduction is in his base kit as a boss and is a unique thing as dragons don't have access to. He doesn't give it to the partner because as his desposing of Garon showed, he doesn't care about the manipulated ones. The weapon's effect grants foe Close Counter essentially and pass, the reasoning for that is balance. He works similarly to how the first pair in Mjolnir's Stoke work, enemies can't target him at all. Because of the lack of enemy phase for him and the foe he needs to be good in PP and allow foe to counter him, the enemy CC allows ranged enemies that normally would never even touch him to threaten him, similarly the pass does help the foe as it prevents him being a wall that can't be walked though. The free follow up is there to give him an actual offensive precence and make him truly scary. Silent Breath essentially makes him invisible in a way as he can't be targeted and can be walked right through, he only expesoses himself when he chose to and then deals massive damage, this is similar to how he acts in the story of fates. The Hp threshold is an easy to meet condition and even though it doesn't work that well with Fury, no base kit is perfect. 

Edited by SuperNova125

Name: Meteodey
Unit Type: Sword Infantry

HP: 38
Atk: 38 (52 w/ weapon, 56 w/ Fury 4)
Spd: 40 (44 w/ Fury 4)
Def: 34 (38 w/ Fury 4)
Res: 24 (28 w/ Fury 4)
BST: 174 (188 w/ weapon, 204 w/ Fury 4)

Weapon: Superior Edge+
Might/Effect: 14 Might. If foe uses a green weapon, neutralize foe's non-Special skills that "reduce damage by X%."
Special: Reprisal
A Passive: Fury 4
B Passive: Brash Assault 4
B Effect: At start of combat, if unit's HP ≤50%, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack, and if unit initiates combat, foe cannot make a follow-up attack.
C Passive: Rouse Atk/Def 3

Superior Edge: Inheritable weapon that neutralizes the non-Special Avoid skills of green units, such as Spurn and Black Eagle Rule.
Brash Assault 4: Effectively moves Brash Assault 3 to the Enemy Phase (but makes it better by removing the condition of the foe being able to counterattack), and now acts like an omni-Breaker during Player Phase. Still has the same HP% condition for the entire effect.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

28 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Name: Meteodey
Unit Type: Sword Infantry

Atk: 38 (49 w/ weapon, 53 w/ Fury 4)
Spd: 40 (35 w/ weapon, 39 w/ Fury 4)
Def: 35 (39 w/ Fury 4)
Res: 21 (25 w/ Fury 4)
BST: 174 (180 w/ weapon, 196 w/ Fury 4)

Weapon: Superior Edge
Might/Effect: 11 Might. Inflicts Spd-5. If unit initiates combat, or if green foe initiates combat, unit attacks twice, and if foe is green, neutralize foe's non-Special skills that "reduce damage by X%."
Special: Reprisal
A Passive: Fury 4
B Passive: Brash Assault 4
B Effect: At start of combat, if unit's HP ≤50%, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack, and if unit initiates combat, foe cannot make a follow-up attack.
C Passive: Rouse Atk/Def 3

Superior Edge: Stronger Brave Sword against non-greens. Against green units, however, it acts more like a combination of Sword!Reinhardt's Meistershwert and Altina's Twin Blades (without the damage boost). It's pretty much a Brave weapon specialized to eliminate green units with non-Special damage reduction effects.
Brash Assault 4: Moves Brash Assault 3 to the Enemy Phase, but now acts like an omni-Breaker during Player Phase. Still has the same HP% condition for the entire effect.

Why would you turn the Superior Edge into a brave weapon? It's designed to be a sword that takes down other swords, which would be far more interesting for Heroes.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Why would you turn the Superior Edge into a brave weapon? It's designed to be a sword that takes down other swords, which would be far more interesting for Heroes.

My original name for it was "Heartseeker's Edge"...which isn't a good name. I ended up with "Superior Edge" because of how Meteodey portrays himself in Three Houses. I've been looking up synonyms for superior but I can't find any that "click" better than it.

And, honestly speaking, weapons don't have to have the same kinds of effects or end-goals as weapons in the other titles. "Superior" can fit with "more superior than other swords against axes" as much as it can mean "superior over other swords".

That being said, I agree that it could have a better effect than Brave. I only went with the Brave effect because he has a Brave Sword in the DLC chapter he's in. In fact, I can just take away the Brave effect and turn it into an inheritable weapon...I actually like that, I'll change it!

2 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

My original name for it was "Heartseeker's Edge"...which isn't a good name. I ended up with "Superior Edge" because of how Meteodey portrays himself in Three Houses. I've been looking up synonyms for superior but I can't find any that "click" better than it.

And, honestly speaking, weapons don't have to have the same kinds of effects or end-goals as weapons in the other titles. "Superior" can fit with "more superior than other swords against axes" as much as it can mean "superior over other swords".

That being said, I agree that it could have a better effect than Brave. I only went with the Brave effect because he has a Brave Sword in the DLC chapter he's in. In fact, I can just take away the Brave effect and turn it into an inheritable weapon...I actually like that, I'll change it!

Yeah i suspected you might have used this name without realising the superior edge is a weapon in Awakening already. By all rights it should come on an awakening character but there's not a whole lot left for that. Just...Yen'fey? I would really like to see those types of weapons as inheritable weapons in heroes though. Porting them over to characters from other games wouldn't be the strangest choice in the series.