Create-A-Hero Thread

Sire

On 1/14/2019 at 10:24 PM, Jotari said:

No, but they could have given it Wary Fighter or Steady Stance or something, not that his AOE is bad per se, in fact it's rather good, it just doesn't scream Gharnef to me. Gharnef should be a tank, under the right conditions. AOEs in Heroes also only activate once (so Ashera/Iago will have to do their full tricks in one turn) in order to stop cheesing difficult maps where enemies wait for you to come to them, so it also doesn't gel with Imhullu who's whole plot point was that it was constantly active. Ideally we should have gotten a unit with Starlight too that could negate whatever Gharnef's effect is. Which means right now we're looking at Starlight being "Negate enemy AOE attacks" which is really weird especially since we don't have an in game term for AOEs. I would have made Imhullu either give him Wary Stance (useually reserved purely for Armours) with Starlight getting a skill that ignore other skills that prevents or causes follow up attacks. Either that or give Imhullu Bracing Stance (maybe the nonexistant Bracing Stance 3 ie +6 def and res when enemy attacks) and Starlight a catch all ignore enemy's combat buffs skill. That would make both weapons very useful but not quite OP.

Thanks for the idea. I've been contemplating a CYL version of Linde with Starlight and this would make an excellent Divine Naga-esque effect.

Spoiler

Linde: Bright Pontifex

Description: Daughter of Pontifex Miloah from Archanea. In her quest to take revenge on his murderer Gharnef she took up the mystical tome Starlight. Now she wields it as a pontifex of Archanea's magic academy. Appears in Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem.

Unit Type: Blue Tome Infantry

Summonable: 5*

Weapons: Light, Ellight, Shine, Starlight (Mt 14; Neutralizes foe's buffs (from skills like Spur, Blow, Stance, etc) during combat. If unit is in combat against a red tome foe, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack and foe cannot make a follow-up attack.)

Skills:

• Special: Blazing Light
  • A: Atk/Res Bond 3: Grants Atk/Res+5 to this unit during combat if unit is adjacent to an ally.
  • B: Renewal 3: At the start of every second turn, restores 10 HP.
  • C: Geosphere: Adjacent allies gain: "Grants Special cooldown charge +1 per attack (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)" (Cannot be inherited)

5* Stats:

• HP: 34/37/40
  • Attack: 33/36/39
  • Speed: 34/37/40
  • Defense: 14/17/20
  • Resistance: 27/30/33
  • BST: 157

Summoned: "I am Linde, daughter of Pontifex Miloah. Oh? This tome? It's called Starlight. I used it to take revenge on my father's murderer, the dark sorcerer Gharnef. I hope its power can be of use to you.

Greeting: "Are you (You)? I bring greetings from your friend (Friend)."

Castle Quotes:

• "Originally I sought to defeat Gharnef using Aura, the tome I inherited from my father. But that turned out to be impossible..."
  • "Starlight is no ordinary tome. It was created from the combined power of two divine orbs known as the Starsphere and the Lightsphere."
  • "Gharnef's tome, Imhullu, shielded him from normal weapons and magic. Only Starlight could break its dark protection. And so I took it up."
  • "Princess Nyna treated me with such kindness after my father died. After she disappeared, I took up teaching magic as a way to honor both of them."
  • "Prince Marth, Princess Nyna, Merric...It's only thanks to so many kind people like them that I was able to defeat Gharnef."

Skill Activation:

• " I will win!"
  • "For Princess Nyna!"
  • "Starlight, strike them down!"
  • "Prepare to face defeat!"

Level Up:

• (1-2 stats): "I thought I had moved beyond this."
  • (3-4 stats): "May Starlight continue to guide me."
  • (5-6 stats): "Prepare to face the power that defeated Gharnef!"
  • New skill: "Thank you. Even as a teacher, there are still new things for me to learn."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, KMT4ever said:

Thanks for the idea. I've been contemplating a CYL version of Linde with Starlight and this would make an excellent Divine Naga-esque effect.

Hide contents

Description: Daughter of Pontifex Miloah from Archanea. In her quest to take revenge on his murderer Gharnef she took up the mystical tome Starlight. Now she wields it as a pontifex of Archanea's magic academy. Appears in Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem.

Weapons: Light, Ellight, Shine, Starlight (Mt 14; Neutralizes foe's buffs (from skills like Spur, Blow, Stance, etc) during combat. If unit is in combat against a red tome foe, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack and foe cannot make a follow-up attack.)

Skills:

• A: Atk/Res Bond 3: Grants Atk/Res+5 to this unit during combat if unit is adjacent to an ally.
  • C: Geosphere: Adjacent allies gain: "Grants Special cooldown charge +1 per attack (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)" (Cannot be inherited)

5* Stats:

Summoned: "I am Linde, daughter of Pontifex Miloah. Oh? This tome? It's called Starlight. I used it to take revenge on my father's murderer, the dark sorcerer Gharnef. I hope its power can be of use to you.

Castle Quotes:

• "Originally I sought to defeat Gharnef using Aura, the tome I inherited from my father. But that turned out to be impossible..."
  • "Starlight is no ordinary tome. It was created from the combined power of two divine orbs known as the Starsphere and the Lightsphere."
  • "Gharnef's tome, Imhullu, shielded him from normal weapons and magic. Only Starlight could break its dark protection. And so I took it up."
  • "Princess Nyna treated me with such kindness after my father died. After she disappeared, I took up teaching magic as a way to honor both of them."
  • "Prince Marth, Princess Nyna, Merric...It's only thanks to so many kind people like them that I was able to defeat Gharnef."

Skill Activation:

• " I will win!"
  • "For Princess Nyna!"

Level Up:

• New skill: "Thank you. Even as a teacher, there are still new things for me to learn."

Starlights effect seems a little too specialized. Especially when she's already so fast. With 37 neutral speed there's very few red tome users she'd even need the effect to double (granted one of them is Gharnef as he has 34 speed) and given she'd have WTA anyway, taking down red units wouldn't really be something she struggles with. Giving her the Geosphere is a cool touch though I don't know exactly what you're basing it's effect on as it just does straight up damage to every unit on the field in it's own game.

2 hours ago, KMT4ever said:

Reveal hidden contents

Skills:

5* Stats:

Castle Quotes:

Skill Activation:

• " I will win!"
  • "For Princess Nyna!"

Level Up:

Starlights effect seems a little too specialized. Especially when she's already so fast. With 37 neutral speed there's very few red tome users she'd even need the effect to double (granted one of them is Gharnef as he has 34 speed, although he will always have 34 speed, so a Speed Boon Linde would be able to double him naturally) and given she'd have WTA anyway, taking down red units wouldn't really be something she struggles with. Giving her the Geosphere is a cool touch though I don't know exactly what you're basing it's effect on as it just does straight up damage to every unit on the field in it's own game.

So, this occurred to me:

Altina - Chosen Beorc | Red Sword | Infantry [Light - ATK]

Spoiler

39/42/45 HP | 34/37/41 ATK | 32/35/38 SPD | 26/30/33 DEF | 20/23/26 RES

Weapon: Ragnell & Alondite [MT 11 | Inflicts SPD -5. When HP > 50%, unit attacks twice during combat. Unit can counterattack regardless of distance.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Brilliant Light [3 Cooldown: Grants +10 damage when Special triggers. Restores HP equal to 80% of damage dealt.] EXCLUSIVE

A Skill: DEF/RES Solo 3 [Grants DEF/RES +6 when no allies are adjacent.]

B Skill: Ashera's Mantle [When HP > 50%, inflicts Special Charge -1 on foe during combat. At the start of each turn, recover 10 HP.] EXCLUSIVE

C Skill: Drive ATK 2 [Grants ATK +3 to allies within 2 spaces during combat.]

Explanations for Things:
Stats: 
Altina's something of a blank slate, so I gave her a Trainee boost and otherwise made her Ike-ish.
Ragnell & Alondite: Toward the end of Radiant Dawn, a picture of Altina shows her wielding both Ragnell and Alondite simultaneously, so I gave her this trait in Heroes as well. Carrying two swords at once costs Altina some SPD, and swinging both swords one-handed makes them a bit weaker than normal, but they retain their Distant Counters, and Altina is able to use both swords to achieve a mixed-phase Brave effect when her HP is above half (the real reason they're only 11 MT for Altina).
Brilliant Light: Altina's unique, and presumably Ashera-granted, Special adds 10 damage and heals Altina for 80% of the damage she deals. It's a spin on Ike's Aether, having greater healing and no Luna effect.
DEF/RES Solo 3: Altina's a blank slate, so she gets a skill that references part of Mantle (specifically, negation of damage from non-blessed weapons) by boosting her defenses when she doesn't have anyone nearby.
Ashera's Mantle: As one of Ashera's chosen heroes, Altina benefits from her Mantle, an exclusive skill that combines Guard 6 with a Recover Ring to help keep Altina alive.
Drive ATK 2: Filler skill, but it's not like it's a bad skill.

She's probably too good...

Also since I can't edit a previous post, here's Mythic Dheginsea:

Dheginsea - Unmoving King | Green Dragon | Armored [Light - DEF]

Spoiler

57/60/64 HP | 35/38/42 ATK | 12/16/19 SPD | 32/35/38 DEF | 26/30/33 RES

Weapon: Dragon King's Breath [MT 14 | Grants RES +3. At start of turn, when number of Dragon allies within 2 spaces > 2, unit transforms (otherwise, unit reverts). When transformed, damage is calculated using lower of foe's DEF or RES. When unit transforms at start of turn, restores 10 HP to unit and cures status conditions on unit and adjacent allies.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Dragon's Ire [4 Cooldown: Adds 80% of ATK to damage dealt.] EXCLUSIVE

A Skill: Steady Breath [Grants DEF +4 and Special Charge +1 during combat initiated by foe.]

B Skill: King's Mantle [Inflicts Special Charge -1 on foe and guarantees a follow-up attack by this unit when attacked with HP > 50%.] EXCLUSIVE

C Skill: Ward Dragons [Grants DEF/RES +4 to Dragon allies within 2 spaces during combat.]

Explanations for Things:
Stats: 
Dheginsea is a giant wall of numbers in Radiant Dawn, and I kept that mostly intact (including having the highest possible amount of HP, and yes, the Abyssal Mythic Hero Battle would have him back in his glory days with 100 HP), but had to tank his SPD to compensate. His RES seems a bit low, but his weapon fixes that, and it was already a bit lower than his DEF in Radiant Dawn so at least it's accurate.
Dragon King's Breath: Being the king of Dragons, Dheginsea's weapon is appropriately really strong, though with catches. When at least two Dragon allies are near Dheginsea at the start of his turn, he gets built-in Sorcery Blade 3 as well as some HP recovery and status nullification for himself and any adjacent allies. However, without transformation, Dheginsea is just stuck with a 14-MT weapon that targets RES, which he can probably make work, but isn't as good.
Dragon's Ire: Referencing the Ire Mastery Skill from Radiant Dawn, Dheginsea gets an exclusive better Dragon Fang that adds 80% of his ATK to damage dealt.
Steady Breath: Makes King Goldoa even harder to move with physical attacks, and also lets him charge Dragon's Ire faster, and when combined with King's Mantle, Dheginsea can bust it out every time a melee unit attacks him.
King's Mantle: Dheginsea's Legendary/Mythic Prf skill gives him Quick Riposte 5 and Enemy-Phase Guard 6. It's a good way around his low SPD, and prevents foes from moving Goldoa with Specials unless they were charged before entering combat against him.
Ward Dragons: References Dheginsea's Night Tide from Radiant Dawn.

Also, 'cause I did two RD Mythics, here's a stab at the one I think we'll actually get this month:

Micaiah - Chaos Priestess | Colorless Beast | Infantry [Dark - ATK]

Spoiler

34/38/41 HP | 32/35/38 ATK | 27/30/33 SPD | 22/25/29 DEF | 33/36/40 RES

Weapon: Yune's Chaos [MT 14 | Grants DEF +3. At start of turn, when number of allies within 2 spaces > number of foes within 2 spaces, unit transforms (otherwise, unit reverts). Grants "Foe's skills that raise or lower Special Charge are nullified" to allies within 2 spaces during combat. When transformed, grants ATK +2, and unit can counterattack regardless of distance.] EXCLUSIVE
NOTE: "Transforms" here means "Possessed by Yune," not an actual physical transformation.

Assist: Sacrifice [Converts penalties on target into bonuses. Restores target's HP = unit's current HP - 1. Unit's HP reduced by amount restored.] EXCLUSIVE

A Skill: Brazen ATK/RES 3 [When HP < 80% at start of combat, grants ATK/RES +7 during combat.]

B Skill: Guard 3 [When HP > 80%, inflicts Special Charge -1 on foe during combat.]

C Skill: Yune's Blessing [Grants "When unit's SPD - foe's SPD > 1, grants Special Charge +1 per attack" to unit and allies within 2 spaces during combat.] EXCLUSIVE

Explanations for Things:
Stats: Micaiah is similar to her regular version (high ATK/RES, low DEF and HP, middling SPD), except better in every area except ATK (which is identical) because she's not limited by mage BST.
Yune's Chaos: Yune-possession makes Micaiah quite a bit better, as it not only gives her +2 ATK, it gives her Distant Counter so she can counterattack at range like every other version of Micaiah can. Even when the allies-to-enemies ratio prevents Yune from aiding Micaiah, she still provides +3 DEF and gives an aura that negates a foe's Special Charge-affecting skills during combat to nearby allies, so Micaiah can still support her allies when Yune isn't around. Yune requiring more allies than foes around is a reference to Part 4 of Radiant Dawn, where Micaiah would never be possessed during battles (presumably the presence of enemies scares Yune away or something).
Sacrifice: Because Micaiah.
Brazen ATK/RES 3: Gives Micaiah a significant boost to her killing power and magic-tanking ability after she takes a hit or two.
Guard 3: Also something regular Micaiah had, but here it makes her more likely to reach Brazen range, which helps.
Yune's Blessing: Micaiah's Mythic Prf Skill lets her grant Flashing Blade 3 to herself (which is only really useful against slow or SPD-debuffed foes) and nearby allies (all nearby allies, even ones that normally couldn't get it), which would certainly be a great gift for some units.

Not sure if she's too strong or too weak...

Two suggestions for the fabled mounted breath units.

Corrin: Feral Dragon (Mounted, Red Breath)

104px-Portrait_corrin_dragon_fewa.png
Spoiler

HP/47
Atk/56 (including weapon and skill)
Spd/21 (including skill)
Def/41 (including skill)
Res/32 (including skill)

Weapon: Draconic Rage: Mt 16. If enemy's rng = 2 calculate  damage using the lower of Def/Res. Grant's Fury 3.

Assist: 

Special: Draconic Fang: 

A Skill: Fury

B Skill: Draconic Heir: If unit has a weapon or skill that deals damage to the user, recover 10HP at the start of each turn. Cannot be inherited.

C Skill:

It's not a mounted unit per second but Corrin's dragon form is the most horse like Dragon unit in the series so that's good enough justification for me. Nothing too special about the move set. Since this is Corrin's bestial dragon form I gave him/her double fury which boosts stats greatly.

Draconic Heir is there to counteract the HP drain from Fury. It's based on Kana's personal skill, but since Kana and Corrin's dragon form look identical, I don't think there's much to be gained by making a berserk Kana so drawing from both to make this unit.

Since dragons can't double in Fates I made his/her speed a dump stat and put the biggest focus on defense.

Considered making them a blue breath but decided to go with Red for rage as the next suggestion is also a mounted blue breath.

Like the laguz, Corrin would use the transformed sprite on the map only he does so at all times. There is no human representation of this unit (in fact we don't even know if it's male or female Corrin). This means a lot of accessories will not be useable on this unit. It's Lv40 dialogue would also be... interesting.

This is an idea someone else actually suggested somewhere but I can't remember where to give credit.

Gunter: Vallite King: (Mounted, Blue Breath)

File:Gunter possessed.png
Spoiler

HP/45
Atk/46 (including weapon)
Spd/23 (including weapon)
Def/31
Res/21

Weapon: Brave Breath: Mt 9. If foe's rng = 2, calculate damage using the lower of foe's defense or resistance. If unit initiates combat, unit attacks twice. Spd-5. Cannot be inherited.

Assist: 

Special: Pavise+:  Reduce damage from foe's adjacent attacks by 80%. Cool down 4.

A Skill:

B Skill: Null Debuff: Ignore any debuffs on this unit during combat.

C Skill: Forceful Partner: If unit is adjacent to a breath ally, both ally and unit gain "Special cool down charge +1 per attack." Cannot be inherited. 

Gunter is mounted on a horse, he summons the giant head version of Anankos from the first part of the final battle to attack. Anankos can't double, so I made his speed rather low, however Gunter wields a brave Lance in battle, so I gave his weapon a brave effect (this nerfs his poor speed even further).

His b skill is based on status immunity, debuffs will still be applied, they just won't be calculated in combat if they reduce his base attack. So if he has a -6 Debuff he will still deal regular damage, but if he has a -4 Debuff and a +6 buff, he will deal +2 damage. It also means blizzard will deal extra damage on him.

His C skill is his most useful asset beyond being a mounted breath user. It is to dragons what infantry flash is to infantry, only without the extra range and speed requirement. It also effects him which in combination with his brave weapon will let him charge specials quite fast. Including the new Pavise+ (because he is still a great knight after all). If he's adjacent to a breath ally when attacking, he can charge Pavise+ straight away and tank almost any physical attack (although he'll still get doubled so deflect melee would be advised as a Seal).

Corrin's pretty standard but I like how Gunter turned out. Seems like he'd be a useful unit and represents his abilities well. Now I just need to think of a green and colourless mounted breath unit.

Edited by Jotari

13 hours ago, Jotari said:

Starlights effect seems a little too specialized. Especially when she's already so fast. With 37 neutral speed there's very few red tome users she'd even need the effect to double (granted one of them is Gharnef as he has 34 speed) and given she'd have WTA anyway, taking down red units wouldn't really be something she struggles with. Giving her the Geosphere is a cool touch though I don't know exactly what you're basing it's effect on as it just does straight up damage to every unit on the field in it's own game.

The extra Red Tomebreaker 3 is mostly there just to give a thematic supplement to the main power of buff-negation. The only alternative I could think of was a one-sided Triangle Adept (only buff WTA without nerfing WTD), which felt way too OP. Dark magic isn't a recognized subset of red tomes, so I couldn't really do anything more specific, and Inhullu doesn't actually provide any defensive bonus which I could neutralize without screwing over most every other personal weapon in the game. As for the Geosphere, it's based on its New Mystery effect of +10 critical chance to all allies within 3 spaces.

In other news, have another Archanea character.

Spoiler

Norne: Volunteer Archer

Description: A good-natured girl from a village near Altea Castle and a childhood friend of Kris. While she prefers a peaceful and simple life, she twice went to fight in Marth's army in order to help protect Altea.

Unit Type: Colorless Bow Infantry

Summonable: 4*, 5*

Weapons: Iron Bow, Steel Bow, Silver Bow, Silver Bow+

Skills:

• Special: Moonbow
  • A: Swift Sparrow 2: If unit initiates combat, grants Atk/Spd+4 during combat.
  • B: Wings of Mercy 3: If an ally's HP  50%, unit can move to a space adjacent to that ally.

4* Stats:

• HP: 31/34/36
  • Attack: 28/31/34
  • Defense: 18/21/24
  • Resistance: 14/17/20
  • BST: 140

5* Stats:

• HP: 33/36/39
  • Attack: 30/33/36
  • Speed: 36/39/42
  • Defense: 21/24/27
  • Resistance: 16/19/22
  • BST: 151

Summoned: "How're you doing? The name's Norne. Back home I'm just an ordinary girl, but right now I'm an archer in Prince Marth's army. I hope I can be of service."

Greeting: "Excuse me, are you (You)? I've got a message from (Friend)."

Castle Quotes:

• "Before I joined the army I only used my bow for hunting. Fightin' in the war was a totally different experience."
  • "Hey (You), do you know if there are any forests around the castle? I was thinking of doing some hunting. Want to come along?"
  • "Once when I was a little girl, I got lost in the forest. I was so scared before Kris came along. Just being with them was such a relief."
  • "I first met Prince Marth when he was escapin' the Gra soldiers who'd taken Altea Castle. He was young then, but I still knew someday he'd save Altea."
  • "Why'd I join the army? Well, I figured I had to do my part to help Prince Marth. There was also someone else..."
  • "Aah! Oh, I'm terribly sorry (You). I'm supposed to be a soldier, but I can be so clumsy sometimes."

Skill Activation:

• "Not a chance!"
  • "For Prince Marth!"
  • "For Altea!"
  • "Take this!"

Level Up:

• (1-2 stats): "I'm such a klutz..."
  • (3-4 stats): "I guess I'm pretty strong after all."
  • (5-6 stats): "Gosh, I never thought I'd get this strong!"
  • New skill: "Doing all this for me? 'Tis an honor!"

The discussion about Gotoh's stat spread has inspired this Wendell moveset (we all know he's the real hero of FE1).

Wendel: Wise Teacher (Infantry, Blue Tome)

WendellFE12
Spoiler

HP/38
Atk/26 (with weapon)
Spd/37 
Def/24 
Res/31 

Weapon: Barblade+

Assist: 

Special: Glimmer 

A Skill: 

B Skill: Old School: During combat, unit's base attack and enemy's base resistance become 0 (field buffs and combat buffs still apply). Cannot be inherited.

C Skill: Odd Res Wave

His moveset is centred around his exclusive B skill. This skill emulates the way tomes work in FE1, ie, they deal set damage. Without any buffs or debuffs, Wendell will always deal 13 damage. Although he's hella fast (just like in FE1) so he'll be doubling for 26 damage at all times. He also comes equipped with a blade tome and res wave which can further boost is damage output (keeping with holy water in FE1, he can  be resisted using buffs). Unfortunately, because the enemy's resistance is 0, it means Moonbow is automatically useless on him (although it also means an enemy's Glacies is rendered useless too). Odd Res Wave isn't just a way of boosting Barblade's power, but also a reference to the Barrier Staff he comes with. His BST is actually quite low, being a Veteran unit, but it's mitigated by the fact that one of his stats is irrelevant (well it will still be factored in for things like Blazing Thunder but it'd be  a waste to equip something like that to him).

And now for something interesting.

Knoll: Dark Watcher: (Infantry, Axe Unit)

FE8 Knoll
Spoiler

HP/48
Atk/47(including weapon)
Spd/29 
Def/19
Res/32

Weapon: Slaying Axe+

Assist: 

Special: Sol

A Skill: Hoplon Guard: If enemy activates their special during an attack, reduce damage received from that attach by 50%

B Skill: 

C Skill: Summon Phantom: At the start of the player's turn, unit summons a phantom. Phantom will block 1 attack (either from combat or from skills like Savage Blow, Skadi etc) before fading. Unit can only summon one phantom at a time.

Instead of making Knoll another boring old mage, let's make him more interesting as a summoner. He will always summon a phantom with an axe to attack for his attack animation, but his B skill also summons a phantom for gameplay. This phantom isn't another unit, it's summoned on the same square as Knoll and essentially acts like a shield for him. This can be useful for letting him get an attack off without eating a counter attack or baiting enemies into an attack. Although his speed is rather average so he has a high chance of getting doubled. Despite being a physical melee unit, his stat spread is still more reminiscent of a mage, so he has rather high res and poor defense. He gets sol in a reference to Nosferateau. Hoplon Guard is in reference to him being probably the best unit to use it on in the game. Depending on the special, the enemy could end up dealing even less damage  than if they'd used a regular attack.

Edited by Jotari

On 1/20/2019 at 12:17 AM, Jotari said:

Although, maybe it could work if we make Starlight have a skill that simply ignores resistance entirely. That would simulate FE1 magic mechanics quite well (or maybe make it a B Skill so Starlight can keep anti Imhullu properties). He'd be fast and bulky but his weapon deals set damage, meaning his counter would be units with high HP instead of high defenses. 

The tricky question then becomes how much damage should this Sonic Boom/Dragon Rage deal then? 15 per hit sounds arguably reasonable, but I'm afraid it'd be too strong on the double, unless one considers anything less than ORKO to be "weak". 

Your solution with Wendell is good though, 13 per hit sounds like a good compromise, besides being the Mt of the strongest non-Worm/Aura/Imhullu tome in FE1.

On Knoll, I was thinking of the Summoner option with him, but wasn't sure how to implement it. I also thought of the Phantasms, and considered that perhaps Genny should get a refine that applies a 1-hit barrier (with breakage from all forms of damage) to Armor units when using a Staff-exclusive Assist. The idea being one of the Soldiers (which promote to Knight, which are Armor) takes a hit for the unit. Tatiana and Silque could get Flier and Infantry versions of the same (and somebody else gets a brand new Cav one).

I haven't been thinking of much, but I did scramble a Dew together.

Sunshine Kid (yeah, I really couldn’t come up with a good title for him): Dew

Spoiler

Green Dagger Infantry

Stats:

HP- 31 Atk- 34 Spd- 35 Def- 33 Res-18

Weapon: Sonic Dagger

Effective against fliers.

If unit attacks during combat and the enemy is a flier, inflicts -7 Spd/Def Res to opponent after combat through its next action.

If foe’s range = 2, damage calculated using the lower of foe’s Def or Res.

C Skill: SP Provider- After this unit defeats an enemy, distributes non-levelup SP to allies within 2 spaces. Is divided by however many allies are in range, if none, this unit receives it instead. Inheritable.

The stats were distributed along the lines of Dew’s Genealogy growths. His Str/Spd/Def are the same and good, his HP is as low as it goes, and his Res, while high for a physical unit, is still a dirt 10%. 

I strikethrough the Breath effect because I don’t see any Dagger that has so many effects, even if it’d make sense. So I just made it basically an anti-Flier Poison Dagger.

SP Provider is a reference to what Thieves are for in FE4- stealing money from enemies and then giving to allies. Should it be better?

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The tricky question then becomes how much damage should this Sonic Boom/Dragon Rage deal then? 15 per hit sounds arguably reasonable, but I'm afraid it'd be too strong on the double, unless one considers anything less than ORKO to be "weak". 

Your solution with Wendell is good though, 13 per hit sounds like a good compromise, besides being the Mt of the strongest non-Worm/Aura/Imhullu tome in FE1.

On Knoll, I was thinking of the Summoner option with him, but wasn't sure how to implement it. I also thought of the Phantasms, and considered that perhaps Genny should get a refine that applies a 1-hit barrier (with breakage from all forms of damage) to Armor units when using a Staff-exclusive Assist. The idea being one of the Soldiers (which promote to Knight, which are Armor) takes a hit for the unit. Tatiana and Silque could get Flier and Infantry versions of the same (and somebody else gets a brand new Cav one).

I haven't been thinking of much, but I did scramble a Dew together.

Sunshine Kid (yeah, I really couldn’t come up with a good title for him): Dew

Hide contents

Green Dagger Infantry

Stats:

HP- 31 Atk- 34 Spd- 35 Def- 33 Res-18

Weapon: Sonic Dagger

Effective against fliers.

If unit attacks during combat and the enemy is a flier, inflicts -7 Spd/Def Res to opponent after combat through its next action.

If foe’s range = 2, damage calculated using the lower of foe’s Def or Res.

C Skill: SP Provider- After this unit defeats an enemy, distributes non-levelup SP to allies within 2 spaces. Is divided by however many allies are in range, if none, this unit receives it instead. Inheritable.

The stats were distributed along the lines of Dew’s Genealogy growths. His Str/Spd/Def are the same and good, his HP is as low as it goes, and his Res, while high for a physical unit, is still a dirt 10%. 

I strikethrough the Breath effect because I don’t see any Dagger that has so many effects, even if it’d make sense. So I just made it basically an anti-Flier Poison Dagger.

SP Provider is a reference to what Thieves are for in FE4- stealing money from enemies and then giving to allies. Should it be better?

I like SP provider in concept but not sure how useful it would actually be in practice given the fact that Dew wouldn't be a front line e warrior getting most of the kills. Maybe to reference the ability to steal gold he should get another skill that means he gets rewarded SP for merely attacking enemies.

13 hours ago, Jotari said:

I like SP provider in concept but not sure how useful it would actually be in practice given the fact that Dew wouldn't be a front line e warrior getting most of the kills. Maybe to reference the ability to steal gold he should get another skill that means he gets rewarded SP for merely attacking enemies.

I was thinking of that and opted against it, but then again, it is just a utility skill. It doesn't really have to be balanced, since it has no impact on the metagame. Yeah I could probably change the effect to SP when attacking, with a fixed value of like 3 or 6 SP, and the same sharing property. With exclusivity for Dew, or perhaps Daggers as a whole, it'd be fine. The only thing it needs not to obsolete is the Valors.

Also, with discussion of Surtr and the addition of Beasts, I've decided to toss together someone from a totally different game with a similar title whom I sorta like.

Inferno King: Onyx

Spoiler

latest?cb=20150702225043

Image result for inferno king onyx odin sphere

Red Beast Armor

Stats: HP: 45 Atk: 38 Spd: 33 Def: 36 Res: 22

Weapon: Volkenon Fists

• If unit's HP >= 50% in combat against a Sword, Lance, Axe, Beast, or Breath unit, negates the effect of Specials against this unit.
  • This unit transforms at the start of a turn if adjacent to Flier and or Infantry unit(s). When transformed, this unit's Specials deal +10 damage.

Special: Growing Flame

A Skill: Origin of Fire- At the start of battle, increases Atk/Spd/Def/Res by 4. However, with every turn that passes, the boost is decreased by 1 point, until it reaches zero. Exclusive.

B Skill: Desperation 3.

C Skill: Threaten Def 3

Mostly a boring Atk/Def build, with some references to his game of origin.

And since we're with Hel in FEH Book 3, another character from the same game.

King of Titania: Gallon

Spoiler

Image result for odin sphere king gallon

Green (because I don't want to do another Red- I don't care if he is Dark) Beast Armor

Stats: 

HP: 55 Atk: 33 Spd: 18 Def: 30 Res: 38

Weapon: Toothless Jaws

• Can warp adjacent to any enemy whose current HP is <= 50% of their max within three spaces.
  • No transformation mechanic. But when within two spaces of any transformed Beast, including enemy ones, in combat, increases Atk by 4.

Special: Luna

Assist: Ardent Sacrifice

B Skill: Odette's Curse- At the start of a turn, heals all HP lost from the last action this unit initiated or had initiated against them. Indirect damage sources- AoEs or after battle damage, be it from Savage Blow or Fury, is only healed if it came before or after a round of combat in which is unit was directly involved. Exclusive.

C Skill: Panic Ploy 3

Yeah, I know that statline is funky. I picked to give him lower Def than Res, since those bones of his are quite fragile. When you fight him, his skulls do break open, revealing their twisted piles of brain matter inside.

And I tried to balance things around Odette's Curse, it doesn't matter if he takes 54 damage in a single round of combat, if that is it for the turn, viola it all comes back the next. Panic Ploy is there just because the massive HP begs for it. Luna is to have a Special, but Vengeance doesn't suit his backstory, and Ardent Sacrifice actually does (besides working with the Curse; although a quick inheriting of Reciprocal Aid would be godly healing).

@Interdimensional Observer Are those two from Odin Sphere? I remember that game! Never even got close to beating it though...
It's late here and I need sleep, so all I'm gonna say right now is:
1) Gallon can be dark and Green. Male Grima fits that criteria, after all.
2) Odette's Curse sounds a bit too strong, if only because I read it as "must one-round or he gets all his HP back before the next combat." Am I reading it wrong?

So, CYL3 midterm results are here. As such, here are some guesses at what the current frontrunners could get:

Alm - Brave Conqueror | Red Bow | Infantry

Spoiler

34/38/41 HP | 33/36/39 ATK | 30/33/36 SPD | 23/26/30 DEF | 14/18/21 RES

Weapon: Conqueror's Bow [MT 14 | Effective against Flying foes. Accelerates Special Trigger (cooldown count -1). When HP = 100%, unit attacks twice when initiating combat, then takes 5 damage after combat.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Mila's Turnwheel [5 Cooldown: When HP > 1, if foe's attack would KO, unit survives with 1 HP. After combat in which Special activated, resets Special Cooldown and restores 99 HP.] EXCLUSIVE

A Skill: ATK/SPD Push 3 [When HP = 100%, grants ATK/SPD +5 during combat, but if unit attacked, inflicts 1 damage after combat.]

B Skill: Guard 4 [When HP > 50% at start of combat, inflicts Special Charge -1 on foe during combat.] EXCLUSIVE

C Skill: Even ATK Wave 3 [At the start of Even numbered turns, grants ATK +6 to unit and adjacent allies during combat.]

Marth - Brave Prince | Blue Lance | Cavalry

Spoiler

37/40/43 HP | 28/31/34 ATK | 35/38/41 SPD | 26/30/33 DEF | 17/20/23 RES

Weapon: Wing Spear [MT 16 | Effective against Cavalry and Armored foes. When Special activates before or during combat, grants Special Cooldown Count -2 after combat.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Moonbow [2 Cooldown: Foe's DEF/RES is reduced by 30%.]

A Skill: ATK/SPD Bond 3 [Grants ATK/SPD +5 during combat when adjacent to at least one ally.]

B Skill: Guard 3 [When HP > 80%, inflicts Special Charge -1 on foe during combat.]

C Skill: Joint Hone SPD 3 [At start of turn, if any allies are adjacent, grants SPD +5 to unit and adjacent allies for 1 turn.]

Camilla - Brave Princess | Green Axe | Flying

Spoiler

34/38/41 HP | 29/32/35 ATK | 33/36/39 SPD | 24/28/31 DEF | 25/29/32 RES

Weapon: Bolverk [MT 16 | Accelerates Special Trigger (cooldown count -1). When number of allies within 2 spaces > 2, deals +10 damage when Special triggers and unit can counterattack regardless of distance.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Noontime [2 Cooldown: Recover HP equal to 30% of damage dealt.]

A Skill: Warding Stance 4 [Grants RES +8 to unit and inflicts Special Charge -1 on foe during combat initiated by foe.]

B Skill: Aerobatics 3 [Unit can move to a space adjacent to any Infantry, Cavalry or Armored ally within 2 spaces.]

C Skill: Rose's Thorns [Grants ATK +3 and "When unit's ATK - foe's ATK > 1, grants Special Charge +1 per attack during combat" to allies within 2 spaces during combat.] EXCLUSIVE

Micaiah - Brave Priestess | Colorless Staff | Infantry

Spoiler

33/36/40 HP | 33/36/39 ATK | 24/28/31 SPD | 12/15/18 DEF | 33/36/39 RES

Weapon: Matrona [MT 14 | Foe cannot counterattack. At start of turn, recover 10 HP and nullify negative status and penalties on unit.] EXCLUSIVE

Assist: Matrona [Restore HP = 50% + 10. (Minimum 15 HP) Grants "Grants Special Charge +1 per attack during combat" to ally for 1 turn.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Solid Earth Balm+ [1 Cooldown: When healing ally with staff, grants DEF +7 and "Inflicts Special Charge -1 on foe during combat" to all allies for 1 turn.]

B Skill: Wrathful Staff 3 [Damage from staff is calculated like other weapons.]

C Skill: SPD Ploy 3 [At start of turn, inflicts RES -5 on foes in cardinal directions with lower SPD than this unit through their next actions.]

And for the current Runners-Up:

Eliwood - Brave Knight | Blue Lance | Cavalry

Spoiler

34/37/41 HP | 31/34/37 ATK | 31/34/37 SPD | 21/24/28 DEF | 26/30/33 RES

Weapon: Rex Hasta [MT 16 | Grants ATK +3. Grants ATK/SPD/DEF/RES +4 when initiating combat.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Galeforce [5 Cooldown: After unit initiates combat, grants unit another action. (Activates once per turn.)]

A Skill: Steady Blow 2 [Grants SPD/DEF +4 when unit initiates combat.]

B Skill: Desperation 3 [Unit's follow-up attack occurs before foe's counterattack when initiating combat with HP < 75%.]

C Skill: DEF Smoke 3 [After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts DEF -7 on foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions.]

Robin - Brave Grandmaster | Colorless Dagger | Infantry

Spoiler

36/40/43 HP | 30/33/36 ATK | 30/33/36 SPD | 24/28/31 DEF | 16/19/22 RES

Weapon: Levin Dagger [MT 14 | Accelerates Special Trigger (cooldown count -1). When HP > 50% and adjacent to at least one ally using Sword, Lance, Axe, Bow, Dagger, or Beast damage, grants "Damage is calculated using lower of foe's DEF or RES" to unit and adjacent Sword, Lance, Axe, Bow, Dagger, and Beast damage allies during combat. After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts DEF/RES -7 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Blue Flame [3 Cooldown: Deals 10 damage. When adjacent to at least one ally, deals 25 damage.]

A Skill: ATK/SPD Bond 3 [Grants ATK/SPD +5 during combat when adjacent to at least one ally.]

B Skill: Special Spiral 3 [When Special activates before or during combat, grants Cooldown Count -2 after combat.]

C Skill: Spur ATK/SPD 2 [Grants ATK/SPD +3 to adjacent allies during combat.]

So, are any of these good enough to be CYL units?

Edited by ILikeKirbys

14 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was thinking of that and opted against it, but then again, it is just a utility skill. It doesn't really have to be balanced, since it has no impact on the metagame. Yeah I could probably change the effect to SP when attacking, with a fixed value of like 3 or 6 SP, and the same sharing property. With exclusivity for Dew, or perhaps Daggers as a whole, it'd be fine. The only thing it needs not to obsolete is the Valors.

Also, with discussion of Surtr and the addition of Beasts, I've decided to toss together someone from a totally different game with a similar title whom I sorta like.

Inferno King: Onyx

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20150702225043

Image result for inferno king onyx odin sphere

Red Beast Armor

Stats: HP: 45 Atk: 38 Spd: 33 Def: 36 Res: 22

Weapon: Volkenon Fists

• If unit's HP >= 50% in combat against a Sword, Lance, Axe, Beast, or Breath unit, negates the effect of Specials against this unit.
  • This unit transforms at the start of a turn if adjacent to Flier and or Infantry unit(s). When transformed, this unit's Specials deal +10 damage.

Special: Growing Flame

A Skill: Origin of Fire- At the start of battle, increases Atk/Spd/Def/Res by 4. However, with every turn that passes, the boost is decreased by 1 point, until it reaches zero. Exclusive.

B Skill: Desperation 3.

C Skill: Threaten Def 3

Mostly a boring Atk/Def build, with some references to his game of origin.

And since we're with Hel in FEH Book 3, another character from the same game.

King of Titania: Gallon

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for odin sphere king gallon

Green (because I don't want to do another Red- I don't care if he is Dark) Beast Armor

Stats: 

HP: 55 Atk: 33 Spd: 18 Def: 30 Res: 38

Weapon: Toothless Jaws

• Can warp adjacent to any enemy whose current HP is <= 50% of their max within three spaces.
  • No transformation mechanic. But when within two spaces of any transformed Beast, including enemy ones, in combat, increases Atk by 4.

Special: Luna

Assist: Ardent Sacrifice

B Skill: Odette's Curse- At the start of a turn, heals all HP lost from the last action this unit initiated or had initiated against them. Indirect damage sources- AoEs or after battle damage, be it from Savage Blow or Fury, is only healed if it came before or after a round of combat in which is unit was directly involved. Exclusive.

C Skill: Panic Ploy 3

Yeah, I know that statline is funky. I picked to give him lower Def than Res, since those bones of his are quite fragile. When you fight him, his skulls do break open, revealing their twisted piles of brain matter inside.

And I tried to balance things around Odette's Curse, it doesn't matter if he takes 54 damage in a single round of combat, if that is it for the turn, viola it all comes back the next. Panic Ploy is there just because the massive HP begs for it. Luna is to have a Special, but Vengeance doesn't suit his backstory, and Ardent Sacrifice actually does (besides working with the Curse; although a quick inheriting of Reciprocal Aid would be godly healing).

SP skills can' be as broken as possible IMO. They serve no actual advantage for gameplay and only serve to save the player a bunch of time, which is precisely why the Valor skills are still on premium units despite being useless for any actual game modes. Saving time is something people will pull for.

47 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@Interdimensional Observer Are those two from Odin Sphere? I remember that game! Never even got close to beating it though...
It's late here and I need sleep, so all I'm gonna say right now is:
1) Gallon can be dark and Green. Male Grima fits that criteria, after all.
2) Odette's Curse sounds a bit too strong, if only because I read it as "must one-round or he gets all his HP back before the next combat." Am I reading it wrong?

So, CYL3 midterm results are here. As such, here are some guesses at what the current frontrunners could get:

Alm - Brave Conqueror | Red Bow | Infantry

Hide contents

34/38/41 HP | 33/36/39 ATK | 30/33/36 SPD | 23/26/30 DEF | 14/18/21 RES

Weapon: Conqueror's Bow [MT 14 | Effective against Flying foes. Accelerates Special Trigger (cooldown count -1). When HP = 100%, unit attacks twice when initiating combat, then takes 5 damage after combat.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Mila's Turnwheel [5 Cooldown: When HP > 1, if foe's attack would KO, unit survives with 1 HP. After combat in which Special activated, resets Special Cooldown and restores 99 HP.] EXCLUSIVE

A Skill: ATK/SPD Push 3 [When HP = 100%, grants ATK/SPD +5 during combat, but if unit attacked, inflicts 1 damage after combat.]

B Skill: Guard 4 [When HP > 50% at start of combat, inflicts Special Charge -1 on foe during combat.] EXCLUSIVE

C Skill: Even ATK Wave 3 [At the start of Even numbered turns, grants ATK +6 to unit and adjacent allies during combat.]

Marth - Brave Prince | Blue Lance | Cavalry

Hide contents

37/40/43 HP | 28/31/34 ATK | 35/38/41 SPD | 26/30/33 DEF | 17/20/23 RES

Weapon: Wing Spear [MT 16 | Effective against Cavalry and Armored foes. When Special activates before or during combat, grants Special Cooldown Count -2 after combat.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Moonbow [2 Cooldown: Foe's DEF/RES is reduced by 30%.]

C Skill: Joint Hone SPD 3 [At start of turn, if any allies are adjacent, grants SPD +5 to unit and adjacent allies for 1 turn.]

Camilla - Brave Princess | Green Axe | Flying

Hide contents

Weapon: Bolverk [MT 16 | Accelerates Special Trigger (cooldown count -1). When number of allies within 2 spaces > 2, deals +10 damage when Special triggers and unit can counterattack regardless of distance.] EXCLUSIVE

A Skill: Warding Stance 4 [Grants RES +8 to unit and inflicts Special Charge -1 on foe during combat initiated by foe.]

B Skill: Aerobatics 3 [Unit can move to a space adjacent to any Infantry, Cavalry or Armored ally within 2 spaces.]

C Skill: Rose's Thorns [Grants ATK +3 and "When unit's ATK - foe's ATK > 1, grants Special Charge +1 per attack during combat" to allies within 2 spaces during combat.] EXCLUSIVE

Hide contents

Weapon: Matrona [MT 14 | Foe cannot counterattack. At start of turn, recover 10 HP and nullify negative status and penalties on unit.] EXCLUSIVE

Assist: Matrona [Restore HP = 50% + 10. (Minimum 15 HP) Grants "Grants Special Charge +1 per attack during combat" to ally for 1 turn.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Solid Earth Balm+ [1 Cooldown: When healing ally with staff, grants DEF +7 and "Inflicts Special Charge -1 on foe during combat" to all allies for 1 turn.]

C Skill: SPD Ploy 3 [At start of turn, inflicts RES -5 on foes in cardinal directions with lower SPD than this unit through their next actions.]

And for the current Runners-Up:

Eliwood - Brave Knight | Blue Lance | Cavalry

Hide contents

Weapon: Rex Hasta [MT 16 | Grants ATK +3. Grants ATK/SPD/DEF/RES +4 when initiating combat.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Galeforce [5 Cooldown: After unit initiates combat, grants unit another action. (Activates once per turn.)]

B Skill: Desperation 3 [Unit's follow-up attack occurs before foe's counterattack when initiating combat with HP < 75%.]

C Skill: DEF Smoke 3 [After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts DEF -7 on foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions.]

Robin - Brave Grandmaster | Colorless Dagger | Infantry

Hide contents

Weapon: Levin Dagger [MT 14 | Accelerates Special Trigger (cooldown count -1). When HP > 50% and adjacent to at least one ally using Sword, Lance, Axe, Bow, Dagger, or Beast damage, grants "Damage is calculated using lower of foe's DEF or RES" to unit and adjacent Sword, Lance, Axe, Bow, Dagger, and Beast damage allies during combat. After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts DEF/RES -7 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Blue Flame [3 Cooldown: Deals 10 damage. When adjacent to at least one ally, deals 25 damage.]

B Skill: Special Spiral 3 [When Special activates before or during combat, grants Cooldown Count -2 after combat.]

C Skill: Spur ATK/SPD 2 [Grants ATK/SPD +3 to adjacent allies during combat.]

So, are any of these good enough to be CYL units?

What do you mean by Resets Special on Mila's Turnwheel? As in the special goes back to 5, like anyone would assume when a Special Activates? Or do you mean it automatically gets fully charged again in which case Alm is basically unkillable?

@ILikeKirbys Why your Brave Marth has only 1 new skill (his weapon) but Brave Macaiah has 3 (weapon, assist and special)? They both would be 2nd place, so give them similar treatment. Brave Ephrain has 2 new skills (Garm and Special Fighter), so why not 2 skills for Marth too? Give him Joint Hone Atk instead.

Also, your Description for Spd Ploy is wrong.

Instead of "At start of turn, inflicts RES -5 on foes in cardinal directions with lower SPD than this unit through their next actions", the true description is "At start of turn, inflicts Spd-5 on foes in cardinal directions with Res < unit's Res through their next actions".

Also.. again... did you notice that your Brave Alm is a little... broken? Conqueror's Bow will reduce Mila's Turnwheel from 5 CD to 4 CD. With Atk/Spd Push and Even Atk Wave, and giving Alm the Heavy Blade Seal, he could charge his Special after the first battle. The Special would trigger in the future and we would recover 99 HP... and the circle restart all over again. The concept of Mila's Turnwheel  is interesting, but it should be limited to 1 use per map. Although, I still think that this skillset, or something like this, will NEVER exist.

But you have interesting crazy ideas... I like it.

@Jotari Mila’s Turnwheel resets back to 5 Cooldown (4 with Killer/Slaying Bow or Conqueror’s Bow) after any combat in which it activates. Definitely not to 0, that would be far too broken.

@Diovani Bressan Looks like I went a little overboard, huh?

I was gonna give Marth Joint Hone ATK (or Joint Fortify RES, but that went to Camilla... and was then replaced with Rose’s Thorns so I could’ve given it to Marth... Camilla took more time than the other five units I wrote up), but figured he’d be better off with SPD instead to double more often (but in hindsight ATK probably would be better). He also had Guard 4 at one point, and I’m not sure why I pulled him back to 3.

Micaiah’s was something I had started crafting before the midterm update, back when I was hearing that Micaiah and Nino were the frontrunners, which is why she’s got so much more than Marth... Probably could’ve used Earthwater Balm+ instead of Solid Earth Balm+ though. Also, SPD Ploy 3 was RES Ploy 3, ATK Ploy 3 and ATK/RES Ploy 2 at one point or another, so I must’ve forgotten to change the description when I settled on SPD Ploy. Whoops.

Mila’s Turnwheel is something I’ve wanted to do for a while, but yeah, the way it combines with the rest of Alm’s kit is a bit too strong. Maybe it’d be better if Mila’s Turnwheel “broke” for a turn after activating, so it couldn’t be recharged as quickly.

So, with all that in mind, here is CYL3 Frontrunners: Hopefully Better Edition:

Alm

Spoiler

34/37/41 HP | 33/36/39 ATK | 30/33/36 SPD | 22/25/29 DEF | 17/20/23 RES

Weapon: Conqueror’s Bow [Grants ATK +3. When initiating combat with HP = 100%, unit attacks twice, then takes 5 damage after combat.]

Special: Mila’s Turnwheel [5 Cooldown: When HP > 1, survive a lethal attack with 1 HP. After any combat in which Special activates, recover 99 HP, reset Special Cooldown and inflicts Special Charge -1 on unit through unit’s next action. If Special activates on enemy’s turn, inflicts Special Charge -1 on unit through unit’s next action at start of next turn.] EXCLUSIVE

B Skill: Valentian Archery [When initiating combat with HP = 100%, foe cannot counterattack).] EXCLUSIVE

C Skill: Even ATK Wave 3 [At start of even-numbered turns, grants ATK +6 to unit and adjacent allies for 1 turn.]

CHANGES: Conqueror’s Bow now gives ATK +3 instead of Special Cooldown  -1. Mila’s Turnwheel now “breaks” for a bit after use, preventing Alm from abusing it as easily as he could previously. Alm lost 1 HP and 1 DEF, and gained 2 RES.

Marth

Spoiler

36/40/43 HP | 28/31/34 ATK | 35/38/41 SPD | 26/30/33 DEF | 17/20/23 RES

Weapon: Wing Spear [MT 16 | Effective vs. Cavalry & Armored. When Special activates before or during combat, grants Cooldown Count -2 after combat.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Luna [3 Cooldown: Foe’s DEF/RES is reduced by 50%.]

B Skill: Guard 3 [When HP > 80%, inflicts Special Charge -1 during combat.]

C Skill: Joint Hone ATK 3 [At start of turn, if at least one ally is adjacent, grants ATK +5 to unit and adjacent allies for 1 turn.]

CHANGES: Joint Hone SPD 3 replaced with Joint Hone ATK 3.

Camilla

Spoiler

Weapon: Bolverk [MT 16 | Accelerates Special Trigger (cooldown count -1). When number of allies within 2 spaces > 2, deals +10 damage when Special triggers and unit can counterattack regardless of distance.] EXCLUSIVE

C Skill: Rose's Thorns [Grants ATK +3 and "When unit's ATK - foe's ATK > 1, grants Special Charge +1 per attack during combat" to allies within 2 spaces during combat.] EXCLUSIVE

CHANGES: None.

Micaiah

Spoiler

Special: Earthwater Balm+ [1 Cooldown: When healing ally with staff, grants DEF/RES +6 to all allies for 1 turn.]

C Skill: ATK Ploy 3 [At start of turn, inflicts ATK -5 on foes in cardinal directions with lower RES than this unit through their next actions.]

CHANGES: Fixed SPD Ploy 3 description, then switched to ATK Ploy 3. Changed Special to Earthwater Balm+.

Eliwood

Spoiler

B Skill: Desperation 3 [Unit's follow-up attack occurs before foe's counterattack when initiating combat with HP < 75%.]

C Skill: SPD/DEF Smoke 2 [After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts SPD/DEF -5 on foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions.]

CHANGES: Replaced DEF Smoke 3 with SPD/DEF Smoke 2.

Robin

Spoiler

C Skill: Spur ATK/SPD 2 [Grants ATK/SPD +3 to adjacent allies during combat.]

CHANGES: None.

So, are these better? Or at least still good while not being as OP?

9 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

It's at the start of his team's turn the heal occurs, and only the most recent action lowering his HP.

So if I the player attack him with Marth for 40 damage total, and then follow with Kagero for 10, come the start of the enemy phase, he will only heal the 10.

9 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Are those two from Odin Sphere? I remember that game! Never even got close to beating it though...

If you have a PS3/4/Vita, the Leifthrasir edition is real good beat em' up fun with the same nice story and polished graphics. They massively improved the gameplay via Refined Mode, and have Classic Mode optional for those who want to try it that way.

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's at the start of his team's turn the heal occurs, and only the most recent action lowering his HP.

So if I the player attack him with Marth for 40 damage total, and then follow with Kagero for 10, come the start of the enemy phase, he will only heal the 10.

Ah, so I did misunderstand that effect. That's significantly more balanced.

I quite liked Gallon outside of that one trait, so now I really like Gallon. Bit weird that he doesn't have a transformation despite being a Beast, but it's not a problem.

As for Onyx, Origin of Fire seems like it'd be rather tricky to get a lot out of on an Armored unit. Volkenon Fists's Special-nullification is pretty neat too. I like him.

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you have a PS3/4/Vita, the Leifthrasir edition is real good beat em' up fun with the same nice story and polished graphics. They massively improved the gameplay via Refined Mode, and have Classic Mode optional for those who want to try it that way.

Don't have those, but I do have my old PS2 around here somewhere. I'll have to go back and replay it some day.

My take on the likely winners.

Alm: Brave King (Infantry, Colourless Bow)

image.jpeg.9b9412ed1064015c9e51da1510cb7eb4.jpeg
Spoiler

HP/44
Atk/50 (including weapon)
Spd/30 
Def/36 
Res/18 

Weapon: Mila's Bow: Mt 16. Unit and foe cannot counter attack. Recover 10HP at the start of every second turn. Effective against flying units. Cannot be inherited.

Assist: 

Special: Hunter's Volley: Damage +200%. Cooldown 4. Bow units only.

A Skill: Death Strike: If unit initiates combat, grants Atk+4 during combat and Special cooldown charge+1 per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)

B Skill: Encloser: After combat, if unit attacked, inflict status reducing movement to 1 square through its next actions. Cannot be inherited.

C Skill: Ward Arrow: After combat, tome enemies within two spaces receive the status "Cannot counter attack."

Mila's Bow works like a Fire Sweep due to the longer distances for bows in Gaiden. Death Strike is to Death Blow as Fierce Breath is to Fierce Stance. The rest of his skills are all based on Bow skills from Shadows of Valentia.

Marth: Brave Exile (Infantry, Sword)

image.jpeg.98c5aae901717e6c33dc09e4b171643c.jpeg
Spoiler

HP/43
Atk/53 (including weapon)
Spd/37 
Def/30 
Res/15 

Weapon: Mythic Falchion: Mt 16. Effective against Dragons, Recover 10 HP every second turn. If unit initiates combat against a Sword, Lanxe or Axe unit, enemy is unable to counter attack.

Assist: 

Special: Fire Emblem 

A Skill: Celerity: At the start of turn, if unit's HP=100%, unit can move one extra square, this turn only, does not stack. Infantry units only.

B Skill: Special Spiral

C Skill: Village Visitor: Grants special cooldown count +1 when starting a turn on a Trench or Defensive Terrain. Cannot be inherited.

Marth gets the original awesome ability of the Falchion to seal attacks from Melee weapons. Though to stop it being completely broken, it only has an effect during player phase. Village Visitor refers to his role as exclusive visitors of villages in Shadow Dragon. Celerity is given because of his rather high movement for Infantry standard in the series.

Miciah: Brave Saint (Infantry, Blue Tome)

Micaiahbody3
Spoiler

HP/41
Atk/45 (including weapon)
Spd/33 
Def/21
Res/33 

Weapon: Lehran's Medallion: 16mt. After combat, Inflicts Panic on target and enemies within two spaces. At the start of each turn, inflict Panic on enemies in cardinal directions with RES < Unit's RES. Cannot be inherited.

Assist: Future Vision

Special: 

A Skill: Atk/Res Link

B Skill: Corona: If enemy is suffering from a status effect, treat enemy's resistance as if it's reduced by 50% during combat. Tome users only.

C Skill: Yune's Blessing: Grant special cooldown +1, Atk +3 and Spd +3 to adjacent allies during combat. Cannot be inherited.

Miciah channels the power of Chaos through Lehran's medallion to inflict Panic on enemies. Corona I decided to make a desirable B skill rather than a special as I don't think it could adequately compete with Moonbow/Luna without being outright superior or broken. This also let me put a conditional on it that synergises with her combat style of inflicting Panic well.

Camilla: Brave Queen (Flying, Axe)

Camilla Fire Emblem Cipher
Spoiler

HP/42
Atk/53 (including weapon)
Spd/33
Def/29 
Res/26 

Weapon: Bolverk: Mt 16. Can counter attack at any range. If enemy is an infantry or armoured unit, atk+6. Cannot be inherited.

Assist: 

Special: Galeforce: 

A Skill: Darting Strike: If unit initiates combat, grants Spd+4 during combat and Special cooldown charge+1 per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)

B Skill: Malig Master: If enemy's range = 2, target the lower of enemy's defense or resistance. Cannot be inherited.

C Skill: Atk/Def Tactic: At start of turn, grants Atk/Def+6 to allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn. Granted only if number of that ally's movement type on current team ≤ 2.

Not much to say here. Malig Master is of course a reference to her ability to use magic too. Atk/Def Tactic is based on her personal skill in Fates although with a generic name so as to be inheritable.

Edited by Jotari

Reworks of the Cipher Fates reclasses that I posted a while back.

Xander: Dark Onmyoji

Spoiler

Xander: Dark Onmyoji

Green Tome Infantry

Availability: 4★-5★

Base Stats (Lv. 1)

Rarity

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

4★

14/15/16

8/9/10

6/7/8

7/8/9

2/3/4

5★

15/16/17

8/9/10

7/8/9

7/8/9

3/4/5

Growth Rates

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

50%

55%

50%

50%

40%

Max Stats (Lv. 40)

Rarity

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

Total

4★

32/35/38

28/31/34

24/27/30

25/28/31

16/19/22

5★

34/38/41

30/33/36

26/30/33

26/30/33

18/21/24

151-152

Weapons

Name

Mt

Rng

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Wind

-

-

-

Elwind

-

-

-

Snake Spirit

Inflicts Spd-5. If unit initiates combat, unit attacks twice.

4★

-

Snake Spirit+

Inflicts Spd-5. If unit initiates combat, unit attacks twice.

5★

5★

Assists

Name

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Rally Attack

Grants Atk+4 to target ally for 1 turn.

4★

-

Rally Attack+

Grants Atk+7 to target ally for 1 turn.

-

5★

Passives

Name

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Type

Chivalry

At start of combat, if foe’s HP = 100%, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2 during combat.

5★

A

B Tomebreaker 1/2/3

If unit's HP ≥ 90/70/50% in combat against a blue tome foe, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack and foe cannot make a follow-up attack.

50/100/200

4★/4★/4★

B

Camilla: Seductive Basara

Spoiler

Camilla: Seductive Basara

Blue Lance Infantry

Base Stats (Lv. 1)

Rarity

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

4★

15/16/17

7/8/9

8/9/10

5/6/7

5/6/7

5★

16/17/18

7/8/9

8/9/10

6/7/8

6/7/8

Growth Rates

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

40%

55%

55%

55%

60%

Max Stats (Lv. 40)

Rarity

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

Total

4★

29/32/35

27/30/33

28/31/34

25/28/31

27/30/33

5★

31/34/37

29/32/35

30/33/36

28/31/34

30/33/36

Weapons

Name

Mt

Rng

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Iron Lance

-

-

-

Steel Lance

-

-

-

Guard Naginata

During combat, boosts unit's Def/Res by number of allies within 2 spaces × 2. (Maximum bonus of +6 to each stat.)

4★

-

Guard Naginata+

During combat, boosts unit's Def/Res by number of allies within 2 spaces × 2. (Maximum bonus of +6 to each stat.)

5★

5★

Guard Naginata+ can be upgraded in the Weapon Refinery.

Specials

Name

CD

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Daybreak

Boosts damage dealt by 30% of foe’s Atk.

4★

-

Rend Heaven

Boosts damage dealt by 50% of foe’s Atk.

-

4★

Passives

Name

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Type

Attack +1 / Atk/Spd 1/2

Grants Atk+1 / Atk/Spd+1/2.

30/60/120

4★/4★/4★

A

Quixotic 1/2/3

At start of combat, if unit's HP ≥ 90/70/50%, grants Special cooldown charge +1 to unit and foe per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)

60/120/240

4★/4★/5★

B

Leo: Dark Samurai

Spoiler

Leo: Dark Samurai

Red Sword Infantry

Base Stats (Lv. 1)

Rarity

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

4★

16/17/18

5/6/7

8/9/10

4/5/6

7/8/9

5★

17/18/19

6/7/8

8/9/10

5/6/7

7/8/9

Growth Rates

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

50%

65%

65%

40%

45%

Max Stats (Lv. 40)

Rarity

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

Total

4★

34/37/40

29/32/35

32/35/38

18/21/24

23/26/29

5★

36/40/43

32/35/38

34/37/40

20/23/26

24/27/31

161-163

Weapons

Name

Mt

Rng

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Iron Sword

-

-

-

Steel Sword

-

-

-

Hagakure Blade

If unit initiates combat, grants Atk+6 during combat.

4★

-

Hagakure Blade+

If unit initiates combat, grants Atk+6 during combat.

5★

5★

Hagakure Blade+ can be upgraded in the Weapon Refinery.

Assists

Name

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Shove

Pushes target ally 1 space away.

4★

-

Passives

Name

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Type

Darting Blow 1/2/3

If unit initiates combat, grants Spd+2/4/6 during combat.

50/100/200

4★/4★/5★

A

Vantage 1/2/3

If unit’s HP ≤ 25/50/75% and foe initiates combat, unit can counterattack before foe’s first attack.

50/100/200

4★/4★/4★

B

Elise: Lovely Shinobi

Spoiler

Elise: Lovely Shinobi

Colourless Dagger Infantry

Base Stats (Lv. 1)

Rarity

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

4★

14/15/16

4/5/6

9/10/11

3/4/5

7/8/9

5★

15/16/17

5/6/7

9/10/11

4/5/6

7/8/9

Growth Rates

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

40%

55%

65%

30%

55%

Max Stats (Lv. 40)

Rarity

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

Total

4★

28/31/34

24/27/30

33/36/39

13/16/19

27/30/33

5★

30/33/36

27/30/33

35/38/41

14/18/21

29/32/35

Weapons

Name

Mt

Rng

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Iron Dagger

After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Def/Res-3 on foe through its next action.

-

-

Steel Dagger

After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Def/Res-3 on foe through its next action.

-

-

Sting Shuriken

Effective against armoured foes.

After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Def/Res-4 on target and armoured foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions.

4★

-

Sting Shuriken+

Effective against armoured foes.

After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Def/Res-6 on target and armoured foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions.

5★

5★

Sting Shuriken+ can be upgraded in the Weapon Refinery.

Specials

Name

CD

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Silencer

Grants bonus to damage dealt equal to 30% of foe’s current HP.

4★

-

Lethality

Grants bonus to damage dealt equal to 50% of foe’s current HP.

5★

4★

Passives

Name

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Type

Poison Strike 1/2/3

If unit initiates combat, deals 4/7/10 damage to foe after combat.

60/120/240

4★/4★/4★

B

Spur Defense 1/2/3

Grants Def+2/3/4 to adjacent allies during combat.

50/100/200

4★/4★/5★

C

Ryoma: Rising Thunder

Spoiler

Ryoma: Rising Thunder

Green Axe Flier

Base Stats (Lv. 1)

Rarity

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

4★

16/17/18

8/9/10

7/8/9

5/6/7

3/4/5

5★

17/18/19

8/9/10

7/8/9

6/7/8

4/5/6

Growth Rates

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

55%

60%

55%

60%

35%

Max Stats (Lv. 40)

Rarity

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

Total

4★

36/39/42

30/33/36

27/30/33

28/31/34

15/18/21

5★

39/42/45

32/35/38

29/32/35

30/33/36

17/20/23

Weapons

Name

Mt

Rng

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Iron Axe

-

-

-

Steel Axe

-

-

-

Bolt Axe

Calculates damage using foe’s Res.

4★

-

Bolt Axe+

Calculates damage using foe’s Res.

5★

5★

Bolt Axe+ can be refined in the Weapon Refinery.

Passives

Name

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Type

Speed +1 / Spd/Def 1/2

Grants Spd+1 / Spd/Def+1/2.

30/60/120

4★/4★/4★

A

Chill Speed 1/2/3

At start of turn, inflicts Spd-3/5/7 on foe on the enemy team with the highest Spd through its next action.

60/120/240

4★/4★/5★

B

Even Def Wave 1/2/3

At start of even-numbered turns, grants Def+2/4/6 to unit and adjacent allies for 1 turn.

(Bonus granted to unit even if no allies are adjacent.)

60/120/240

4★/5★/5★

C

Hinoka: Crimson Maid

Spoiler

Hinoka: Crimson Maid

Colourless Dagger Infantry

Base Stats (Lv. 1)

Rarity

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

4★

13/14/15

5/6/7

10/11/12

2/3/4

7/8/9

5★

14/15/16

6/7/8

10/11/12

3/4/5

7/8/9

Growth Rates

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

40%

55%

65%

30%

55%

Max Stats (Lv. 40)

Rarity

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

Total

4★

27/30/33

25/28/31

34/37/40

12/15/18

27/30/33

5★

29/32/35

28/31/34

36/39/42

13/17/20

29/32/35

150-151

Weapons

Name

Mt

Rng

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Iron Dagger

-

-

Steel Dagger

-

-

Quill Pen

Inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack. After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Def/Res-5 on foe through its next action.

4★

-

Quill Pen+

Inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack. After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Def/Res-7 on foe through its next action.

5★

5★

Quill Pen+ can be upgraded in the Weapon Refinery.

Assists

Name

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Ardent Sacrifice

Restores 10 HP to target ally.

Unit loses 10 HP but cannot go below 1.

4★

-

Passives

Name

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Type

Darting Blow 1 / Swift Strike 1/2

If unit initiates combat, grants Spd+2 during combat. / If unit initiates combat, grants Spd/Res+2/4 during combat.

50/120/240

4★/4★/4★

A

R Tomebreaker 1/2/3

If unit's HP ≥ 90/70/50% in combat against a red tome foe, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack and foe cannot make a follow-up attack.

50/100/200

4★/4★/5★

B

Spur Atk 1 / Drive Atk 1/2

Grants Atk+2 to adjacent allies during combat. / Grants Atk+2/3 to allies within 2 spaces during combat.

60/120/240

4★/5★/5★

C

Takumi: White Wind

Spoiler

Takumi: White Wind

Blue Lance Cavalry

Base Stats (Lv. 1)

Rarity

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

4★

15/16/17

8/9/10

6/7/8

7/8/9

2/3/4

5★

16/17/18

8/9/10

7/8/9

7/8/9

3/4/5

Growth Rates

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

55%

55%

50%

50%

45%

Max Stats (Lv. 40)

Rarity

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

Total

4★

35/38/41

28/31/34

24/27/30

25/28/31

18/21/24

5★

38/41/44

30/33/36

26/30/33

26/30/33

20/23/27

156-158

Weapons

Name

Mt

Rng

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Iron Lance

-

-

-

Steel Lance

-

-

-

Hexlock Spear

If foe uses magic, inflicts Atk-7 on foe during combat.

4★

-

Hexlock Spear+

If foe uses magic, inflicts Atk-7 on foe during combat.

5★

5★

Hexlock Spear+ can be upgraded in the Weapon Refinery.

Assists

Name

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Reposition

Target ally moves to opposite side of unit.

4★

-

Specials

Name

CD

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Retribution

Grants bonus to damage dealt equal to 30% of damage suffered.

4★

-

Vengeance

Grants bonus to damage dealt equal to 50% of damage suffered.

-

4★

Passives

Name

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Type

Competitive

At start of combat, if unit’s HP < foe’s HP-5, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 during combat.

5★

B

Even Res Wave 1/2/3

At start of even-numbered turns, grants Res+2/4/6 to unit and adjacent allies for 1 turn. (Bonus granted to unit even if no allies are adjacent.)

60/120/240

4★/4★/4★

C

Sakura: Affectionate Knight

Spoiler

Sakura: Affectionate Knight

Blue Lance Armour

Base Stats (Lv. 1)

Rarity

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

4★

18/19/20

5/6/7

6/7/8

9/10/11

9/10/11

5★

19/20/21

6/7/8

7/8/9

9/10/11

9/10/11

Growth Rates

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

55%

50%

50%

60%

60%

Max Stats (Lv. 40)

Rarity

HP

Attack

Speed

Defense

Resistance

Total

4★

38/41/44

23/26/29

24/27/30

31/34/37

31/34/37

5★

41/44/47

25/29/32

26/30/33

33/36/39

33/36/39

174-175

Weapons

Name

Mt

Rng

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Iron Lance

-

-

-

Steel Lance

-

-

-

Blessed Lance

At the start of every second turn, restores 10 HP.

4★

-

Blessed Lance+

At the start of every second turn, restores 10 HP.

5★

5★

Blessed Lance+ can be upgraded in the Weapon Refinery.

Specials

Name

CD

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Daylight

Restores HP = 30% of damage dealt.

4★

-

Sol

Restores HP = 50% of damage dealt.

5★

4★

Passives

Name

Effect

SP Cost

Unlock

Type

Defense+1 / Def/Res+1/2

Grants Defense+1 / Def/Res+1/2.

30/60/120

4★/4★/4★

A

Natural Cover 1/2/3

At start of combat, if unit is standing on defensive terrain, grants Def/Res+3/4/5 during combat.

60/120/240

4★/5★/5★

B

Spur Res 1 / Drive Res 1 / Drive Def/Res

Grants Res+2 to adjacent allies. / Grants Res+2 to allies within 2 spaces. / Grants Def/Res+2 to allies within 2 spaces.

50/120/300

4★/4★/5★

C

Here's one I've wanted to do for a while. Loptyr in the Flesh, so to speak.

Loptyr: Dark God (Infantry, Colourless Breath)

zroiAlq.png
Spoiler

HP/44
Atk/54(including weapon)
Spd/29 
Def/26
Res/31 

Weapon: Cursed Blood: Mt 16. If foe's have no skills with, "Effective against dragons", inflict Atk-6 on foes during combat. If unit's HP <= 50% and unit initiates combat, grant Special Cooldown charge+1 per attack and unit makes a guaranteed follow up attack. If foe's range = 2, calculate damage using the lower of defense and resistance. Cannot be inherited.

Assist: 

Special: Enduring Hate: If unit's HP > 1 and would reduce Unit's HP to 0, Unit survives with 1HP. Grant Atk/Spd/Res/Def+6 to unit for 1 turn after combat. If any units have the "Blood Bond" status effect, Grant Atk/Spd/Res/Def+4 to them also. Cooldown Charge 4. Cannot be inherited.

A Skill: Brazen Atk/Res

B Skill: Desperation

C Skill: Blood Bond: At start of turn, if this Unit's HP <= 50%, adjacent allies gain a status "If foe's have no skills with, "Effective against dragons", inflict Atk-6 on foes during combat. Skills with "effective against dragons" are effective against this unit." Cannot be inherited.

Based on how an image of Loptyr emerges from Julius after defeating him (the image of Loptyr would be far better looking than the low pixel sprite I could find and stretch). The Loptyr image has wings and flies, but I made him an infantry because the only colourless breath unit we have already is flying. I considered going red like Julius, but we have a lot of red dragons already and I don't really like how he has WTA against the Naga Tome (also considered Blue for this reason but also felt it didn't suit, plus we're lacking when it comes to colourless dragons and I think it fits him given we never actually fight this form).

He has the Loptous tomes atk nerfing effect of course and just because I want him to be broken I gave him Bold Fighter too. However, given the nature of his role in the story, I've decided to make it only function when he's under half HP. The idea is that he's a unit that excels when he's about to die. His unique special plays into that role too being a quicker charging Miracle that also boosts stats afterwards like Marth's Fire Emblem. He also has a C skill that gives the Loptous effect to allied unit (as a status effect). Although beware as this also makes them weak to dragon slaying weapons. His unique special will also power up these units too (think of him as making your other allied units his minions like the Dead Lords, should make for a nice Grand Hero Battle). The bold effect on his attack will also ensure that he keeps repeatedly charging his special making him rather difficult to kill on player phase.

Despite being based around a Desperation skill set, he's not a glass canon, being rather bulky thanks to his attack nerfing effect, colourless typing and capable defenses. This should encourage the player to put him in Bold Fighter/Blood Bond range by having him tank attacks instead of spamming Ardent Sacrifice. Once he's under half HP, a double attack that hits consecutively and is boosted by Brazen Atk/Res should be enough to take down almost any foe not packing deflect melee, especially if you're doubling up on Brazen Atk/Res with the seal version. His only real weakness is that he doesn't come with any kind of distant counter, so once he is weakened the enemy won't have too much trouble finishing him off with ranged units.

This moveset is evil and I love it.

Edited by Jotari

Legendary Air Hero.

Michalis: Lord of the Skies (Flying, Lance)

Cipher Michalis
Spoiler

HP/49
Atk/52(including weapon)
Spd/23
Def/36
Res/16

Weapon: Silver Javelin: Mt 16. Can counter attack at any range. At the start of combat, if unit's HP >= 50%, grants "If unit's HP > 1 and foe would reduce unit's HP to 0, unit survives with 1HP. Cannot be inherited.

Assist: 

Special: Aegis

A Skill: Iote's Shield+ Neutralizes effective against flying bonuses. In combat with an enemy using a bow, unit makes a guaranteed follow up attack and foe cannot counter attack or make a follow up. Cannot be inherited.

B Skill: Guard

C Skill: Air March: At the start of turn, if unit is adjacent to a flying unit, unit and adjacent flying units gain movement +1. Flying units only.

Inspired by an anti Arrow Skill I created for him in another thread. Michalis has an inexplicably more powerful Javelin in 5* Hard Mode of Shadow Dragons, which I decided to make a PRF weapon for him combined with his Silver Lance. It gives him Seliph's Miracle effect in reference to his multiple miraculous recoveries. He also gets Air March based on his inspiring personality. He comes prepacked as a great air support and anti bow unit thanks to a iote's shield+ and a distant counter weapon (which I think Female!Grima is the only flying unit has as of now sans any dragon with lightning breath). He's significantly bulky when it comes to defense, but he has a major weakness to resistance and getting doubled. This means he has a high chance of activating Miracle and will always get at least one attack in thanks to his distant counter, though  his HP is high enough that he'll survive one round of combat against most enemies not packing a Green Blade Tome. Aegis was thrown in there for thematic purposes, it might be somewhat useful against mages, but you might want to sub it out for something like Moonbow.

Edited by Jotari

My first post! Here is Zihark, from the Tellius series.

Zihark: Blade of Unity (Infantry, Sword)

B03-035.thumb.jpeg.b16986c55bc5801eb1bae2f652aec4d3.jpeg

Spoiler

Description: A traveling swordsman from Daein who fights for laguz justice. Friendly and approachable. From Radiant Dawn.

HP: 40

ATK: 33 (49 with weapon)

SPD: 39

DEF: 24

RES: 27

Total: 163

Weapon: Unity Blade - 16 mt. Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). If unit is within 2 spaces of a beast ally, grants Atk/Spd+5 during combat.

Assist:

Special: Glimmer - Boosts damage dealt by 50%.

A skill: Def/Res Bond 3 If unit is adjacent to an ally, grants Def/Res+5 during combat.

B skill: Adept 3 - If unit's HP ≥ 80% and unit initiates combat, unit can make a follow-up attack before foe can counterattack.

C skill: Beastfriend - If allied beast is adjacent to unit, that ally can transform even if unit is not a beast unit.

Zihark is my favorite character from the Tellius series, and I have been looking for a place to put this theorycraft I had. This unit is based more on his Radiant Dawn version, where he is a swordmaster. Overall, I made Zihark similar to other speedy red swords while still being unique to fill a niche and show his character.

I based his stats on Mia's somewhat, with +2 HP and +1 ATK to illustrate the higher caps for males of the myrmidon line in Radiant Dawn. His speed is -1 compared to Mia's, because when comparing Radiant Dawn base stats and average stats to Mia, Mia will cap speed 1 level earlier than Zihark in swordmaster. However, Zihark is tied for second highest speed growth in Radiant Dawn at 70%, higher than all the other myrmidons. As a result, I made his speed lower by one just to leave the 40 base speed niche to the female myrmidons while still showing his immense speed. I made Zihark's defense lower than his resistance, as almost every other fast red sword in FEH has higher defense than resistance, and Zihark also has a higher resistance growth than defense growth in Radiant Dawn. His overall defenses are low since he is not too bulky in Radiant Dawn and focused more on dodge-tanking to avoid damage in that game.

Zihark's weapon is based on his character, though I also drew inspiration for it from his Cipher skills. The reduced special cooldown is due to how he starts with a killing edge in both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. The Atk/Spd boost from being near beasts is to represent his affinity with laguz, and is similar to his Cipher cards, where he gains +10 attack in various situations involving beast allies.

Zihark's special is Glimmer, which is meant to show a combination of his high crit and serve as a shorter cooldown version of Astra, the skill 3rd tier myrmidons could use. 

Zihark's A skill is Def/Res Bond, which is is meant to represent his Earth affinity in Radiant Dawn, where he gained a massive evasion boost when near a support partner. Since evasion is not in FEH, I decided to show this using Def/Res bond, so he will take less damage from attacks when next to his allies, somewhat akin to gaining a support boost.

Zihark's B skill is Adept 3, based on the Adept skill he possesses in the games. Like Lewyn's tome, Forseti, this skill will allow Zihark to take advantage of his high speed to double enemies before they can counterattack. I made Adept have a higher HP requirement than Lewyn's version so that it could be inheritable and not be completely broken (though I do expect it to be very strong skill).

Zihark's C skill is Beastfriend, which is meant to solidify his place on a beast-focused team, allowing beasts to still be transformed if adjacent to Zihark. I'm not too sure if it should be inheritable. If it is, then there could possibly be a restriction to only infantry.

Zihark will be a glass cannon, player-phase unit who will fit on beast teams as a infantry sword unit. I expect some of the skills to be replaced, such as def/res bond, though he will overall have a strong base kit that is good as is or as fodder for Adept. His weakness will mostly be his bulk, though his resistance is higher than most other infantry swords, so he could possibly be refitted to be a better mage-tank than the other infantry swords.

49 minutes ago, LeadCafe said:

My first post! Here is Zihark, from the Tellius series.

Zihark: Blade of Unity (Infantry, Sword)

B03-035.thumb.jpeg.b16986c55bc5801eb1bae2f652aec4d3.jpeg

Hide contents

Description: A traveling swordsman from Daein who fights for laguz justice. Friendly and approachable. From Radiant Dawn.

HP: 40

ATK: 33 (49 with weapon)

SPD: 39

DEF: 24

RES: 27

Total: 163

Weapon: Unity Blade - 16 mt. Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). If unit is within 2 spaces of a beast ally, grants Atk/Spd+5 during combat.

Assist:

Special: Glimmer - Boosts damage dealt by 50%.

A skill: Def/Res Bond 3 If unit is adjacent to an ally, grants Def/Res+5 during combat.

B skill: Adept 3 - If unit's HP ≥ 80% and unit initiates combat, unit can make a follow-up attack before foe can counterattack.

C skill: Beastfriend - If allied beast is adjacent to unit, that ally can transform even if unit is not a beast unit.

Zihark is my favorite character from the Tellius series, and I have been looking for a place to put this theorycraft I had. This unit is based more on his Radiant Dawn version, where he is a swordmaster. Overall, I made Zihark similar to other speedy red swords while still being unique to fill a niche and show his character.

I based his stats on Mia's somewhat, with +2 HP and +1 ATK to illustrate the higher caps for males of the myrmidon line in Radiant Dawn. His speed is -1 compared to Mia's, because when comparing Radiant Dawn base stats and average stats to Mia, Mia will cap speed 1 level earlier than Zihark in swordmaster. However, Zihark is tied for second highest speed growth in Radiant Dawn at 70%, higher than all the other myrmidons. As a result, I made his speed lower by one just to leave the 40 base speed niche to the female myrmidons while still showing his immense speed. I made Zihark's defense lower than his resistance, as almost every other fast red sword in FEH has higher defense than resistance, and Zihark also has a higher resistance growth than defense growth in Radiant Dawn. His overall defenses are low since he is not too bulky in Radiant Dawn and focused more on dodge-tanking to avoid damage in that game.

Zihark's weapon is based on his character, though I also drew inspiration for it from his Cipher skills. The reduced special cooldown is due to how he starts with a killing edge in both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. The Atk/Spd boost from being near beasts is to represent his affinity with laguz, and is similar to his Cipher cards, where he gains +10 attack in various situations involving beast allies.

Zihark's special is Glimmer, which is meant to show a combination of his high crit and serve as a shorter cooldown version of Astra, the skill 3rd tier myrmidons could use. 

Zihark's A skill is Def/Res Bond, which is is meant to represent his Earth affinity in Radiant Dawn, where he gained a massive evasion boost when near a support partner. Since evasion is not in FEH, I decided to show this using Def/Res bond, so he will take less damage from attacks when next to his allies, somewhat akin to gaining a support boost.

Zihark's B skill is Adept 3, based on the Adept skill he possesses in the games. Like Lewyn's tome, Forseti, this skill will allow Zihark to take advantage of his high speed to double enemies before they can counterattack. I made Adept have a higher HP requirement than Lewyn's version so that it could be inheritable and not be completely broken (though I do expect it to be very strong skill).

Zihark's C skill is Beastfriend, which is meant to solidify his place on a beast-focused team, allowing beasts to still be transformed if adjacent to Zihark. I'm not too sure if it should be inheritable. If it is, then there could possibly be a restriction to only infantry.

Zihark will be a glass cannon, player-phase unit who will fit on beast teams as a infantry sword unit. I expect some of the skills to be replaced, such as def/res bond, though he will overall have a strong base kit that is good as is or as fodder for Adept. His weakness will mostly be his bulk, though his resistance is higher than most other infantry swords, so he could possibly be refitted to be a better mage-tank than the other infantry swords.

Adept sounds too good. Turning every infantry unit into Levin would be crazy. It would make the deflect skills way more useful though. I'd make it either and exclusive or make it be Speed based. Maybe like "If unit's SPD >= enemy's speed + 8, unit can perform follow up attack right away." This would make it useful only on sufficiently fast units and would also give Phantom Speed some more utility.

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

Adept sounds too good. Turning every infantry unit into Levin would be crazy. It would make the deflect skills way more useful though. I'd make it either and exclusive or make it be Speed based. Maybe like "If unit's SPD >= enemy's speed + 8, unit can perform follow up attack right away." This would make it useful only on sufficiently fast units and would also give Phantom Speed some more utility.

Yeah, the Spd+8 sounds like a good change. I made Adept under the impression that there was a skill that nullified attack priority changing skills, though it turned out to be just the Hardy Bearing seal. Maybe a skill that acts like a better Hardy Bearing could be released some time.

@Jotari I quite like that Michalis! Iote's Shield+ seems like quite a neat skill (I feel like it should be locked to Michalis though, if only because Legendary units always have a personal non-Weapon skill), Air March is something I legitimately expect to see on a future Legendary/Mythic Hero, and Silver Javelin being Distant Counter + Another Effect is something I hope to see on future weapons (or at least on refines for current weapons, looking at you Seigfried).

So, since Duma has shown that Mythic Heroes are gonna actually be godlike (and made me question what crazy bullshit Eir must be able to pull if she's on their level), here are a couple of Mythic "Heroes" that I could see happening in the future:

Grima - The Creation | Blue Breath | Flying [Anima - ATK]

Spoiler

43/46/50 HP | 31/34/37 ATK | 14/18/21 SPD | 31/34/37 DEF | 26/30/33 RES

Weapon: Fell Expiration [MT 16 | Grants Special Charge +1 per attack when foe initiates combat. Deals +10 damage when Special triggers. When foe's range = 2, damage is dealt using lower of foe's DEF or RES.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Glimmer [2 Cooldown: Adds +50% to damage dealt.]

A Skill: Distant Counter [Unit can counterattack regardless of foe's distance.]

B Skill: Quick Riposte 3 [Grants a guaranteed follow-up attack when attacked with HP > 70%.]

C Skill: Dark Spikes [At start of turn, inflicts 10 damage on units within 2 spaces, and bonuses become penalties on foes within 2 spaces through their next actions.] EXCLUSIVE [Note: Yes, this can hurt allied units within 2 spaces, though it won't Panic them.]

Lyon - Demon King | Colorless Beast | Armored [Dark - DEF]

Spoiler

47/50/53 HP | 35/38/42 ATK | 12/16/19 SPD | 30/33/36 DEF | 34/37/40 RES

Weapon: Dark Stone [MT 14 | Grants DEF +3. At start of turn, when HP < 50%, unit transforms (when HP > 50% at start of turn, unit reverts). When untransformed, damage is calculated using foe's RES, and inflicts 5 damage after combat. When transformed, grants ATK +2, and inflicts Special Charge -1 on foe during combat.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Bonfire [3 Cooldown: Adds 50% of unit's DEF to damage dealt.]

A Skill: Brazen ATK/DEF 3 [When HP > 80% at start of combat, grants ATK/DEF +7 during combat.]

B Skill: Bold Fighter 3 [When unit initiates combat, grants Special Charge +1 per attack during combat, and grants a guaranteed follow-up attack during combat.]

C Skill: Nightmare [At start of turn, if unit transforms or is transformed, inflicts status on foes within 3 spaces that prevents counterattacks through their next actions.] EXCLUSIVE [Note: Does not occur if unit reverts transformation.]

And a rework of the CYL3 Heroes I made a while back (assuming 1st Places will be Alm and Camilla, with Marth and Micaiah taking 2nd):

Alm - Brave Conqueror | Green Bow | Infantry

Spoiler

34/37/41 HP | 35/38/41 ATK | 29/32/35 SPD | 24/28/31 DEF | 12/16/19 RES

Weapon: Conqueror's Bow [MT 14 | Grants ATK +3. When HP = 100%, grants Special Cooldown -2 before combat, then inflicts 5 damage after combat.]

Special: Mila's Turnwheel [5 Cooldown: When HP > 1 and foe's attack would KO, unit survives with 1 HP. After combat, if Special activated, restores 99 HP and resets Special cooldown count to 5.] EXCLUSIVE [Note: Special Cooldown reset occurs after all other effects that affect the cooldown count, in case someone tried equipping Special Spiral to try and get around this]

B Skill: Guard 4 [When HP > 70% at start of combat, inflicts Special Charge -1 on foe during combat, and resets Special Cooldown of target and foes adjacent to target after combat.]

C Skill: Infantry Rush 3 [Grants "When unit's ATK - foe's ATK > 1, grants Special Charge +1 per attack" to Infantry allies within 2 spaces during combat.]

Camilla - Brave Princess | Red Sword | Flying

Spoiler

34/38/41 HP | 29/32/35 ATK | 33/36/39 SPD | 28/31/34 DEF | 22/25/29 RES

Weapon: Ganglari [MT 16 | Grants ATK/SPD/DEF/RES +2. Inflicts 6 damage after combat. When HP < 75% at start of turn, grants Special Cooldown Count -1. When HP < 75% during combat, deals +10 damage when Special activates.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Draconic Aura [3 Cooldown: Adds 30% of unit's ATK to damage dealt.]

A Skill: Mirror Breaker [Grants ATK +6 & RES +10 and prevents foe from performing a follow-up attack when unit initiates combat.] INFANTRY/FLYING ONLY

C Skill: Rose's Thorns [Grants ATK +4 and "When unit's ATK - foe's ATK > 1, grants Special Charge +1 per unit's attack" to Flying allies within 2 spaces during combat.] EXCLUSIVE

Marth - Brave Prince | Blue Lance | Flying

Spoiler

37/41/44 HP | 31/34/37 ATK | 33/36/39 SPD | 25/29/32 DEF | 19/22/25 RES

Weapon: Wing Spear [MT 16 | Effective against Cavalry and Armored. When Special activates before or during combat, grants Special Cooldown -2 after combat.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Blazing Light [4 Cooldown: Before combat, inflicts damage equal to 1.5x(unit's ATK - foe's DEF/RES) to target and foes one space away from target in an X pattern where target is center of X.]

A Skill: Swift Sparrow 2 [Grants ATK/SPD +4 when unit initiates combat.]

B Skill: Desperation 3 [Unit's attack occurs before foe's counterattack when initiating combat with HP < 75%.]

C Skill: Joint Hone ATK 3 [At start of turn, when unit is adjacent to at least one ally, grants ATK +5 to unit and adjacent allies for 1 turn.]

Spoiler

31/36/40 HP | 33/36/39 ATK | 24/28/31 SPD | 11/14/17 DEF | 34/37/41 RES

Weapon: Matrona [MT 14 | Damage from staff is calculated like other weapons. At start of turn, restores 10 HP to unit, and penalties (from skills like Panic, Threaten, etc.) and negative status effects (preventing counterattacks, restricting movement, etc.) that last through unit's next action on unit and adjacent allies.] EXCLUSIVE

Assist: Restore+ [Restores HP = 50% of ATK. (Minimum 8 HP) Neutralizes ally's penalties (from skills like Panic, Threaten, etc.) and negative status effects (preventing counterattacks, restricting movement, etc.) that last through ally's next action.]

Special: Earthwater Balm+ [1 Cooldown: When healing ally with staff, grants DEF/RES +6 to all allies for 1 turn.]

A Skill: Overwhelming RES 3 [When unit's RES > foe's RES + 3, grants ATK/SPD/DEF/RES +3 during combat.]

C Skill: RES Ploy 3 [At start of turn, inflicts RES -5 on foes in cardinal directions with lower RES than this unit through their next actions.]

1 hour ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@Jotari I quite like that Michalis! Iote's Shield+ seems like quite a neat skill (I feel like it should be locked to Michalis though, if only because Legendary units always have a personal non-Weapon skill), Air March is something I legitimately expect to see on a future Legendary/Mythic Hero, and Silver Javelin being Distant Counter + Another Effect is something I hope to see on future weapons (or at least on refines for current weapons, looking at you Seigfried).

So, since Duma has shown that Mythic Heroes are gonna actually be godlike (and made me question what crazy bullshit Eir must be able to pull if she's on their level), here are a couple of Mythic "Heroes" that I could see happening in the future:

Grima - The Creation | Blue Breath | Flying [Anima - ATK]

Reveal hidden contents

43/46/50 HP | 31/34/37 ATK | 14/18/21 SPD | 31/34/37 DEF | 26/30/33 RES

Weapon: Fell Expiration [MT 16 | Grants Special Charge +1 per attack when foe initiates combat. Deals +10 damage when Special triggers. When foe's range = 2, damage is dealt using lower of foe's DEF or RES.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Glimmer [2 Cooldown: Adds +50% to damage dealt.]

A Skill: Distant Counter [Unit can counterattack regardless of foe's distance.]

B Skill: Quick Riposte 3 [Grants a guaranteed follow-up attack when attacked with HP > 70%.]

C Skill: Dark Spikes [At start of turn, inflicts 10 damage on units within 2 spaces, and bonuses become penalties on foes within 2 spaces through their next actions.] EXCLUSIVE [Note: Yes, this can hurt allied units within 2 spaces, though it won't Panic them.]

Lyon - Demon King | Colorless Beast | Armored [Dark - DEF]

Reveal hidden contents

47/50/53 HP | 35/38/42 ATK | 12/16/19 SPD | 30/33/36 DEF | 34/37/40 RES

Weapon: Dark Stone [MT 14 | Grants DEF +3. At start of turn, when HP < 50%, unit transforms (when HP > 50% at start of turn, unit reverts). When untransformed, damage is calculated using foe's RES, and inflicts 5 damage after combat. When transformed, grants ATK +2, and inflicts Special Charge -1 on foe during combat.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Bonfire [3 Cooldown: Adds 50% of unit's DEF to damage dealt.]

A Skill: Brazen ATK/DEF 3 [When HP > 80% at start of combat, grants ATK/DEF +7 during combat.]

B Skill: Bold Fighter 3 [When unit initiates combat, grants Special Charge +1 per attack during combat, and grants a guaranteed follow-up attack during combat.]

C Skill: Nightmare [At start of turn, if unit transforms or is transformed, inflicts status on foes within 3 spaces that prevents counterattacks through their next actions.] EXCLUSIVE [Note: Does not occur if unit reverts transformation.]

And a rework of the CYL3 Heroes I made a while back (assuming 1st Places will be Alm and Camilla, with Marth and Micaiah taking 2nd):

Alm - Brave Conqueror | Green Bow | Infantry

Reveal hidden contents

34/37/41 HP | 35/38/41 ATK | 29/32/35 SPD | 24/28/31 DEF | 12/16/19 RES

Weapon: Conqueror's Bow [MT 14 | Grants ATK +3. When HP = 100%, grants Special Cooldown -2 before combat, then inflicts 5 damage after combat.]

Special: Mila's Turnwheel [5 Cooldown: When HP > 1 and foe's attack would KO, unit survives with 1 HP. After combat, if Special activated, restores 99 HP and resets Special cooldown count to 5.] EXCLUSIVE [Note: Special Cooldown reset occurs after all other effects that affect the cooldown count, in case someone tried equipping Special Spiral to try and get around this]

B Skill: Guard 4 [When HP > 70% at start of combat, inflicts Special Charge -1 on foe during combat, and resets Special Cooldown of target and foes adjacent to target after combat.]

C Skill: Infantry Rush 3 [Grants "When unit's ATK - foe's ATK > 1, grants Special Charge +1 per attack" to Infantry allies within 2 spaces during combat.]

Camilla - Brave Princess | Red Sword | Flying

Reveal hidden contents

34/38/41 HP | 29/32/35 ATK | 33/36/39 SPD | 28/31/34 DEF | 22/25/29 RES

Weapon: Ganglari [MT 16 | Grants ATK/SPD/DEF/RES +2. Inflicts 6 damage after combat. When HP < 75% at start of turn, grants Special Cooldown Count -1. When HP < 75% during combat, deals +10 damage when Special activates.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Draconic Aura [3 Cooldown: Adds 30% of unit's ATK to damage dealt.]

A Skill: Mirror Breaker [Grants ATK +6 & RES +10 and prevents foe from performing a follow-up attack when unit initiates combat.] INFANTRY/FLYING ONLY

C Skill: Rose's Thorns [Grants ATK +4 and "When unit's ATK - foe's ATK > 1, grants Special Charge +1 per unit's attack" to Flying allies within 2 spaces during combat.] EXCLUSIVE

Marth - Brave Prince | Blue Lance | Flying

Reveal hidden contents

37/41/44 HP | 31/34/37 ATK | 33/36/39 SPD | 25/29/32 DEF | 19/22/25 RES

Weapon: Wing Spear [MT 16 | Effective against Cavalry and Armored. When Special activates before or during combat, grants Special Cooldown -2 after combat.] EXCLUSIVE

Special: Blazing Light [4 Cooldown: Before combat, inflicts damage equal to 1.5x(unit's ATK - foe's DEF/RES) to target and foes one space away from target in an X pattern where target is center of X.]

A Skill: Swift Sparrow 2 [Grants ATK/SPD +4 when unit initiates combat.]

B Skill: Desperation 3 [Unit's attack occurs before foe's counterattack when initiating combat with HP < 75%.]

C Skill: Joint Hone ATK 3 [At start of turn, when unit is adjacent to at least one ally, grants ATK +5 to unit and adjacent allies for 1 turn.]

Reveal hidden contents

31/36/40 HP | 33/36/39 ATK | 24/28/31 SPD | 11/14/17 DEF | 34/37/41 RES

Weapon: Matrona [MT 14 | Damage from staff is calculated like other weapons. At start of turn, restores 10 HP to unit, and penalties (from skills like Panic, Threaten, etc.) and negative status effects (preventing counterattacks, restricting movement, etc.) that last through unit's next action on unit and adjacent allies.] EXCLUSIVE

Assist: Restore+ [Restores HP = 50% of ATK. (Minimum 8 HP) Neutralizes ally's penalties (from skills like Panic, Threaten, etc.) and negative status effects (preventing counterattacks, restricting movement, etc.) that last through ally's next action.]

Special: Earthwater Balm+ [1 Cooldown: When healing ally with staff, grants DEF/RES +6 to all allies for 1 turn.]

A Skill: Overwhelming RES 3 [When unit's RES > foe's RES + 3, grants ATK/SPD/DEF/RES +3 during combat.]

C Skill: RES Ploy 3 [At start of turn, inflicts RES -5 on foes in cardinal directions with lower RES than this unit through their next actions.]

Came up with the entire Michaelis moveset when talking about the limitations of forging and it's ignorance when it comes to distant counter weapons. I want them to have a little boost too.

"legends always have unique skills"

Do they? What about Ike? Oh yeah he has Radiant Aether. You're right, I should change he it to like True Iote's Shield or something. On an unrelated note, you always kind of go overboard with moveset. It's hard to judge things when you're dumping eight characters in every post (assuming you care about people talking about your moveset). Looking at what you posted though, I do like the idea of Echoes Grima's but your moveset seems to make him rather useless. He's ridiculously slow and has no protection from doubling. His defenses are alright but most attack focused units will be able to take him down with little trouble. He also doesn't have much power to back up his frailty. His weapon gives him special charge which is nice but he doesn't have any powerful special, all he has is glimmer, possibly the worst special, especially since his atk is only standard for a melee unit. If he had a unique special that was good you could have something. Dark Spikes hitting allies I wouldn't advise. It would be good for putting allies into Desperation / Brazen range, but it'd be cancer outside of that making Grima's basically unusable outside of a specialized team. I'd also make Dark Spikes his weapon I stead and open him to a different unique skill as Fell Expiration seems kind of baseless.

Giving Fomortiis the Dark Stone as his weapon is a nice touch.

Edited by Jotari