Sire

This is my OC Neya Mizuki

Spoiler

Neya Mizuki

Title: The Sea Lion

Movement Class: Infantry

Orb Affinity: Red Sword

Availability: 5*

Description: A young talented swordswoman from a village who works as a vigilante who is full of positive energy and possesses good observation skills.

Personality: Selfless, often thinks of others with little for her own well being. She's a Peppy girl with a lot of energy though has a bit of a low key moment at times. Has a big heart and puts her big heart into her performances. Exemplifies the qualities of Heart, Talent, and Grit.

Appearance: Has purple straight hair that goes down to her neck. Has green eyes. Wears Blue shorts, a white shirt and a blue jacket over the shirt. Wears beige strappy thong sandals. Weighs in about 115 pounds and height is 5"1

Voice Actor: Cristina Vee

Level 1 Stats at 5*

Hp: 17/18/19

ATK: 6/7/8

SPD: 10/11/12

DEF: 5/6/7

RES: 4/5/6

Level 40 Stats at 5*

HP: 34/37/40

ATK: 28/31/34

SPD: 36/39/42

DEF: 22/25/28

RES: 22/25/28

Total: 157

Weapons

Iron Sword

Steel Sword

Silver Sword

Mizu Katti: 16 MT, Offers Distant Counter (A Legendary Katana that has a watery aura surrounding the sword. Blade is glowing blue.)Unique, cannot be passed down

Skills

A Skill: Duelist Blow 300 SP (If this unit initiates battle with +7 more speed than the enemy, enemy cannot counterattack. Enemies with breaker skills in effect will cancel out Duelist Blow.)

B Skill: Desperation 1/2/3

Special Skill: Night Sky/Astra

Concept

Neya is a blazing speedster with a decent Attack Stat. Speed is the name of the game. With a speed of 39, she is tied with Lon’Qu with the highest speed stat in the game. Her Unique Legendary Weapon, the Mizu Katti, has a built in Distant Counter which allows her to counter attack distant enemies. Neya is awesome against slower enemies thanks to her Duelist Blow Ability. With it, it allows her to go up to an enemy and whack them without any consequences as long as Neya initiates the battle with 7 or more speed than her enemy.

Neya however has trouble taking hits due to her lower HP, Def and Res stats. If an enemy has an appropriate breaker skill that is in effect, it will cancel out duelist blow so check enemy skills carefully before sending Neya after them.

In comparison to the sword lords, Neya is faster but possesses less ATK and overall durability  than Ryoma.

Pros: Phenomenal Speed Stat, Built in Distant Counter, Great on the player phase against enemies with 7 less speed

Cons: Has Durability Issues, Duelist blow is cancelled out from appropriate Breaker Skills

Character Quotes

“I am a firm believer that if you do good things, good things happen to you.”

“I Fight for the freedom, peace and prosperity for all peoples of this world.”

“I've seen these so called "good guys" who smile with a menacing look on their face. That smile I would say doesn't belong on a good guy.”

"I've had people take shots at me for cheating. I can tell you those are desperate words coming from a loser's mouth.

"They say you need to be over 6 feet tall and weigh around 250 pounds to be intimidating. I can tell you speed can be intimidating even more so than looking scary and punching people"

“There was a tyrant who was trying to kill everyone and destroy everything in the name of creating a Utopia. I can tell you I think that is no way to create a paradise”

"I prefer to follow the path of peace but If I have to draw my sword, I will."

"People who go around mindlessly killing and destroying innocent life don't deserve to call themselves heroes or saviors."

Castle Quotes

"I just can't stand innocent civilians getting caught in the middle of a conflict. I just can’t."

“Speed is an asset I value the most. It allows you to do so many things other things cannot do.”

“Remember to always surround yourself with good people. If you do, good things happen to you.”

"Its important to pace yourself in a long campaign so you have enough to make a push later when it matters the most."

“I wonder How my Brother is doing”

On Summon: Hi. My Name is Neya Mizuki. I hope you and I can work some magic in bringing smiles to this world.

Greeting:

Your friend sent me here to give you a smile

Selected:

"Come on!"

"Let’s go!"

"Let’s make a splash!"

Special Skill Quotes

"You've poked the bear this time!"

"We will never fall!"

“Guess what I have?!”

"I've got something for ya!!!"

Death Quote: Ugh….. No…..

Level up Quotes

0-1 Stats: You have to be kidding me

2-3 Stats: We’re making good progress

4-5 Stats: Now that’s how ya do it!!

Learn Skill: I am honored to receive this great power. I will use this power responsibly.

Edited by thetiger39
Appearance edits, added voice actor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some more Fates/Awakening characters along with some new weapons and skills...

Spoiler

Title: Colorful Coaxing
Name: Charlotte
Orb Affinity: Green (Axe)
Starting Star Rank: 3*-4*

Character Description: A Guard from Nhor. She's a Gold digger, who seeks to be married to a rich man. Mainly to use the newly gained wealth to help with her family. Appears in Fire Emblem Fates.

Appearance: Charlotte as a Fighter in Fates

HP: 46
ATK: 40
SPD: 34
DEF: 24
RES: 13

MOV: 2, Infantry

5* Weapon: Brave Axe+
4* Weapon: Brave Axe
3* Weapon: Steel Axe
1* Weapon: Iron Axe

Support Skill: ---

3* Special Skill: Dragon Gaze (Grants +30% to Atk. Cooldown: 4 turns)
4* Special Skill: Dragon Fang (Grants +50% to Atk. Cooldown: 4 turns)

Skill A: Woman's Nature 1-3 (Grants Atk/Spd+[2/4/6] when unit battles against a Female unit.) (Female units only)
Skill B: ---
Skill C: Live for Merit (This unit receives MP x1.5)

Spoiler

Title: Lively Dragon Lady
Name: Scarlet
Orb Affinity: Blue (Lance)
Starting Star Rank: 4*-5*

Character Description: The Leader of the Anti-Nhor resistance in Cheve, in Nhor. A lively person by nature, she refuses to live under Nhorian rule. Appears in Fire Emblem Fates

Appearance: Scarlet as a Wyvern Lord in Fates.

HP: 43
ATK: 31
SPD: 30
DEF: 35
RES: 18

MOV: 2, Flying

5* Weapon: Beastslayer+ (MT 12) (Effective against Cavalry Units)
4* Weapon: Beastslayer (MT 8) (Effective against Cavalry Units)
3* Weapon: Steel Lance (MT 8)
1* Weapon: Iron Lance (MT 6)

3* Special Skill: Holy Vestments (Reduces damage inflicted by attacks from foes 2 spaces away by 30%. Cooldown: 3 turns)
4* Special Skill: Aegis (Reduces damage inflicted by attacks from foes 2 spaces away by 50%. Cooldown: 3 turns)

Skill A: Death Blow 1, Swift Sparrow 1-2 (If unit initiates combat, unit granted Atk[/Spd]+[2/4] during battle)
Skill B: In Extremis 1-3 (while unit's HP ≤ [20/35/50]%, Atk/Spd/Def/Res +3)(Scarlet only)
Skill C: ---

Spoiler

Title: Serious Manakete
Name: Nah
Orb Affinity: Green (Breath)
Starting Star Rank: 3*-5*

Character Description: The future daughter of Nowi. Very adult-like in comparison to her mother, mostly due to her upbringing. Appears in Fire Emblem Awakening.

Appearance: Nah as a Manakete in Awakening. her hair color is the same as her mother's.

HP: 40
ATK: 32
SPD: 31
DEF: 30
RES: 30

5* Weapon: Gale Breath+ (MT 8) (Spd-5. Attack twice when initiating combat.)
4* Weapon: Gale Breath (MT 5) (Spd-5. Attack twice when initiating combat.)
3* Weapon: Fire Breath+ (MT 8)
1* Weapon: Fire Breath (MT 6)

Support Skill: Rally Resistance (Grants Res+4 to an adjacent ally until the end of the turn.)

3* Special Skill: ---
4* Special Skill: ---

Skill A: Wind Boost 1-3 (If unit has at least 3 more HP than enemy at the start of combat, unit receives Spd+[2/4/6] during combat.)
Skill C: Fortify Def 1-2, Fortify Dragons (Grants adjacent [Dragon] allies Def[/Res]+[2/3/6] through their next actions at the start of each turn.)

Spoiler

Title: Light of Yilesse
Name: Emmeryn
Orb Affinity: Grey (Staff)
Starting Star Rank: 5*

Character Description: The Exalt of Yilesse and older sister to Chrom and Lissa. She is peaceful and diplomatic, in comparison to her father. Appears in Fire Emblem Awakening.

Appearance: Emmeryn as a Sage in Awakening...before her fall.

HP: 43
ATK: 22
SPD: 23
DEF: 30
RES: 30

3* Weapon: Silence (MT 6) (After Combat, foe's skills and weapon effects are negated through it's next action.)
1* Weapon: Assault (MT 10)

4* Support Skill: Recover (Restores 15 HP. Slows Special trigger (cooldown count +1))

2* Support Skill: Mend (Restores 10 HP)

1* Support Skill: Heal (Restores 5 HP)

2* Special Skill: Imbue (When healing an ally with a staff, increases recovered HP by 10. Cooldown: 1 turn)
3* Special Skill: Heavenly Light (When healing an ally with a staff, all other allies recover 10 HP. Cooldown: 2 turns)

Skill A: Close Def 1-3 (If unit is attacked by foe using sword, lance, axe, or breath, unit receives Def/Res+[2/4/6] during combat)

Spoiler

Title: Loveless Blade
Name: Beruka
Orb Affinity: Green (Axe)
Starting Star Rank: 4*-5*

Character Description: Wyvern-riding assassin who seems devoid of emotion. One of Camilla's retainers. Appears in Fire Emblem Fates.

Appearance: Beruka as a Wyvern Lord in Fates

HP: 46
ATK: 35
SPD: 23
DEF: 34
RES: 20

MOV: 2, Flying

5* Weapon: Tomahawk+ (MT 13)(Range 1-2)(cannot equip support skills)
4* Weapon: Tomahawk (MT 9)(Range 1-2)(cannot equip support skills)
3* Weapon: Steel Axe (MT 8)
1* Weapon: Iron Axe (MT 6)

3* Special Skill: Retribution (Grants bonus to damage dealt equal to 30% of damage suffered. Cooldown: 3 turns.)
4* Special Skill: Repraisal (Grants bonus to damage dealt equal to 30% of damage suffered. Cooldown: 2 turns.)

Skill A: Distant Def 1-3 (If unit is attacked by foe using bow, daggers, magic, or staff, unit receives Def/Res+[2/4/6] during combat.)
Skill B: Opportunist 1-3 (Unit automatically makes a follow-up when at HP ≤ [30%/40%/50%] and attacking a foe that can't counter.)(Beruka only)

Well I'm burned out for now, any feedback would be nice.

Edited by Rygalla
Modified some skills and changed Beruka's Weapon

5 hours ago, Sire said:

Feedback time! Also, in addition to the feedback, I'm also updating the first post again with links to the revised characters and new heroes. (Halp...)

Nightmayre's Characters

Hide contents

Innes
- Nidhogg: I suppose the -5 SPD is meant to be a drawback to adding on Cavalry effectiveness, but personally I see no reason for it. I know Bows innately have Flier Effectiveness, but if we take the "Silver Weapon + Bonus Effect" standard for Legendary Weapons, I see the -5 SPD as unnecessary. For examples of this, look at Excalibur, Falchion, and Naga. (Granted, there is currently only 6 Dragons in Heroes while there are 21 Cavalry units and 17 Fliers, but still.) I understand that having both Flier and Cavalry effectiveness can be a bit powerful (especially with Ballista), but I don't see an issue with it compared to other Legendary weapons.
- Ballista: I love the concept of this skill and the callbacks to Ballistas in Sacred Stones, as well as having the mental image of Innes carrying around a single use balista. As far as I am concerned, the skill itself looks balanced and good. // Some may be concerned that Ballista may be rather powerful on Innes due to his anti-Cavalry effectiveness (Hi Reinhardt! Bye Reinhardt!), but I'm sure with AI manipulation the "Ballista Shot" can be wasted on a unit with high DEF.
-- One thing I would like to be clarified though, is the Ballista used always for the first shot or only when used at 3 range? Sometimes there may be situations where Innes does not want to use the Ballista and just attack normally, and clarifying the skill effects would be nice.
- Quotes: I think they fit Innes rather well! Good job on these!

Tana
- Vidofnir & Brave Sparrow: Could almost be mistaken to be actual things from Heroes. They look good to me!
- Quotes: Looks good overall, but I feel the Castle quotes rely a little too much on her Pegasus, Achaeus. 4 quotes out of the five reference the pegasus there alone, and I think that is a bit much. So, I would suggest using some different quotes there instead.
- Bonus: I love the "I wonder if father is mad that I've disappeared again..." quote. It is an awesome callback to Sacred Stones and her Support with Erika.

Reveal hidden contents

Will - Prince of Determination
- Stats: Another rounded set of balanced stats, with a focus on high ATT. However, his mediocre SPD may prove to be his undoing if he goes against someone speedy (Lucina) - taking 25x2 to the face is not going to help much with determination...
- Quotes: Seems like the classic Ideal lord like Marth or Eliwood. Will's pretty good at what he does!

Lys - Light's Flower
- Stats: Not my favored stat lineup as all the HP in the world won't really help if she is still doubled, but I suppose this stat spread fits her character as a "healer bodyguard."
- Quotes: I guess the quotes do fit both the "Bodyguard Healer" niche Lys has going. It's not really a common thing to see, so I find her character rather interesting.

Ben - Severe Captain
- Stats:
40 SPD seems like overkill and he could really use points in other stats, but if Ben is a Speed Demon, then I guess it can't be helped.
- Blade Bow: Looks okay to me, especially since it has the "Slow Special Trigger" to counteract the "Close Counter" effect. It's practically Lightning Breath put on a bow.
- Quotes: Wow, I guess Ben really lives up to his "Severe Captain" namesake. Guy seems like a jerk, but there seem to be glimmers of his more inner self in some lines of dialogue. That alone makes me wonder if Ben really is all that he makes himself out to be...

Jack - Charming Soldier
- Stats: 42 ATT!?! Man, did Jack charm Effie or something? He beats out her 40 ATT (the highest currently in Heroes) by 2. Heck, Jack is essentially a superior Effie, sacrificing 5 HP for better stats elsewhere. This guy is nuts...
- Quotes: Yeah, he's a ladykiller and pleasure seeker. Not quite the type I was expecting (I expected a more refined approach, like Laslow, instead of the other approach which leans more towards Gatrie's). Either way, they seem to fit him. Yay.

Ana - Princess of Peace
- Stats: A respectable stat spread, expected from a mage. A little balanced for my liking, but I have a feeling she is one of the more important characters, so that may be why.
- Blizzard: Looks good to me. (Legendary Tome MT + Seal SPD 2)
- Quotes: Well, well, isn't Ana the timid type. And that's in contrast to her attempt to be confident with her introduction (my interpretation is that she goes out so confident, and ends it with a meek "Okay?") ! Oh man, I can imagine the humorous scenes already... // That, and I tend to enjoy these types of characters, so I'm a fan of Ana.

Calia - Ana's Knight
- Stats: A more defensive Lance Infantry, like Lukas. Unlike Lukas, however, Calia is a little more balanced in terms of DEF and RES. However, instead of sacrificing her ATT, she sacrifices her SPD, which may cause trouble when fighting the same color unit.
- Quotes: Definitely a knight and soldier first, and Ana's friend second. A classic archetype that I also enjoy, so I liked Calia's dialogue.

Kate - Bored Mage
- Stats: She seems to have a bit of ATT power with that 35 ATT. Otherwise, I am seeing Kate to be like the Robins, but more focused on ATT and RES instead of HP and DEF.
- Arcthunder: A Killer Tome! I approve.
- Quotes: I'm getting Setsuna vibes from Kate. I guess the gimmick her is that Kate is bored all the time instead of falling into traps constantly like Setsuna. Thing is, she seems to be far more reliant on her gimmick than the other characters, so she is not as interesting.

Regarding Innes' skillset: one of the major balancing concerns in Heroes is (in my view always, I'm not a dev obviously) character versatility. 4 character slots means each slot is extremely valuable and having a character essentially "fill" multiple slots by having top-tier performance in multiple roles is bad for game balance. I mean, we can already see this in practice with characters like Hector (tank + nuke potential + ranged counter). This is the reasoning behind some of my choices - for example having a weapon that's effective against two different movement types asks for some sort of drawback, and hammering on Speed seems like a fair trade, making the character unable to double attack and particularly vulnerable to double attacks himself (which synergizes with the concept I had for Innes). This is why I've been advocating for Dawnbreaker's rework - might seem reasonable on paper, but it's not the raw power I fear, but rather the versatility.

Speaking of which, is my concept of calculating damage versus enemy (ATK+RES)/2 any good for that? It looked pretty reasonable to me when I came up with it for my Rune weapons.

And for Ballista - it's both actually. The first attack is a forced 3 range attack, you can't attack at 2 range until the unit's second attack. Again, an issue of versatility and preventing the character from doing too much at once. After all, the skill gives him the reach of cavalry mages / archers (which we don't have any of until I finish my Sacred Stones banners and post my Rath) while keeping him one square farther away from the front than those characters, so it has to have some limiters. Also it can be inherited by archers.

For Tana - you're actually right, I didn't notice how much she kept ranting about the pegasus. I'll go back and mix up some quotes there.

So now, for my own feedback:

@CtrlAltSandwich I really love Libra. The concept of "Boost" skills is something I've toyed with as well in some of my characters and converting res into def is a nice idea for a priest. Not sure about the Bolt Axe though. I mean at this point its basically Flametongue+ with 2 less MT, also attached to an axe which, as a weapon class, has more weaknesses than dragon breath. I guess the wide range of Inheritance available, which makes basically any axe user capable of becoming a magic nuker, makes up for that, but I still feel like you could be safe with just making it 15 MT. I will agree with Banryu that the quotes are lovely.

@ILikeKirbys I mean, Kirby characters was not something I expected to see in this thread, I have to admit. I don't know anything important about Kirby characters so I can't say much on thematics - I can only comment on balance. And I have to say that Meta Knight feels somewhat on the edge of that balance scale - not quite OP, but a tad ahead of the curve, with overwhelming offensive stats coupled with Galaxia. Give him QR as B skill and optionally DC as A and he becomes a flying combination of Ryoma's bulk and Hector's response ability. The drawbacks are there for sure, but I'm not sure many people want to see that in game...

Now on the contrary, King Dedede is OP for sure. He flat-out has the best weapon in the game, no questions asked. Granting the Brave effect on a Silver weapon gives it -7 MT so why does granting the Brave effect on a legendary weapon (which comes with a fully legit 2nd tier skill as well) not also come attached with -7 MT compared to other legendaries?

Going on to Kirby, it's actually the most balanced of the bunch, I feel. I have no qualms with the weapon (though I personally would not design a flat CC tome). Copy Ability looks... fair enough I guess. Normally I would object but there's actually much more common entries in the skill list that would not be copied at all (with your rulings) or would be useless so I'm fine with it.

Bandana Dee on the other hand, I'm not so sure about. He feels like... a blue Eirika. Even the stats are pretty similar from a quick glance. Looks balanced, yes, but also rather linear as a concept.

I'll try to comment on more characters... now I have to work on completing my Shattered Stones banner =|

Tried my hands at three of the holy weapon magic users from Genealogy:

Lewyn, Wandering Prince

Spoiler

Infantry mage

HP: 38
Att: 32
Speed: 38
Def: 16
Res: 23
Total: 148

Weapon : Wind / Elwind / Rexcalibur / Forseti 14, Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1)
Assist:
Special : Night Sky / Astra / Galeforce

Passive A : Darting Blow
Passive B : Desperation
Passive C:

Lewyn is by defined by 1/ Speed (and here he should be one of the most scary fast unit of Heroes) which meant high avoid and high rate of Adept triggering 2/ high skill giving a high rate of criticals, which in Heroes mean Specials so while an accelerate special trigger is a bit boring, it fits and at least is new for a tome. "Galeforce" is such a name evocative of wind and speed that I couldn't resist giving it to him, and it fits the design of someone who hits faster than you and that you can't touch.

Arvis, Emperor of Granvale

Spoiler

Armored mage

HP: 42
Att: 34

Speed: 25
Def: 31
Res: 26
Total: 158 (averaging between armor and mage bst)

Weapon : Fire / Elfire / Bolganone / Valflame 14, Deathblow 2
Assist : Harsh Command
Special : 

Passive A : Close Counter
Passive B : Guard
Passive C :

Arvis is defined by tankiness and hitting hard in return. As a boss, he's just not easy to take down, especially without taking good damage. Harsh Command fits his personality and level of charisma (Rally Attack could be an alternative; but otherwise I'd rather give him an Assist than a Special, and I can't think of any that fit better).

Ishtar, Goddess of Thunder

Spoiler

Infantry mage

HP: 36
Att: 34

Speed: 33
Def: 19
Res: 26
Total: 148

Weapon : Thunder / Elthunder / Thoron / Mjolnir 14, Grants +10 to damage when Special triggers.
Assist :
Special : New Moon, Moonbow

Passive A :
Passive B : Vantage
Passive C : Spur Speed

Hitting precisely and with a high chance of criticals was the main trait of all Mjollnir users, and Ishtar added being decently fast and having vantage to that. Spur Speed because when she brings her army with her, they're quite difficult to handle.

Edited by salinea

Eliwood: Marquess Of Pherae (His ceremonial garb from the epilogue)

Infantry Unit

Stats: HP - 32, Attack - 33, Speed - 35, Defense - 15, Resistance - 23

Weapon: Rapier - Might 14, effective against cavalry

Passive A: Dancing Blade - If unit's speed - foe's speed <  1, unit gets +1 charge to their special cooldown upon attacking.

Passive B: Swordbreaker

Passive C: None

Command Skill: None

Special Skill: Blazing Flame

Bold = New Skill

12 minutes ago, Noble Of Pherae said:

Passive A: Dancing Blade - If unit's speed - foe's speed <  1, unit gets +1 charge to their special cooldown upon attacking.

That's a pretty neat skill idea!

@Rygalla Live for Merit is a cool idea on Charlotte! but uh as far as her stats go... granted I didn't do all the math but at a glance it looks like she's quite a bit over the typical... I think it's 157-ish? BST for typical infantry, so she might be a bit too strong in that EDIT: NEVERMIND I SUCK AT MATH LMAO. YOU DID GOOD. Also not sure how fitting the Dragon specials are for her flavor-wise... And Brave is cool though personally I'd have put Killer on her due to what a crit machine she is as a 'zerker haha. But that's more on the subjective end I think, Brave and Killer are both fine. 

For Scarlet she seems cool; fairly typical as far as wyverns go, but IIRC there are no lance fliers currently built like that so that's cool. In Extremis seems like a cool skill; not sure of it's balance but at first glance it doesn't seem too terribly broken (kind of a nice combination of Brash Assault and Fury's conditions, really, which seems all right to me). 

Nah: Ooh Brave breath. Interesting idea. Wind Boost looks cool as well and is an interesting sort of balance to the breath. 

Emmeryn: I feel like her Silence should specify Tome-users specifically; being able to shut down ALL weapons could be pretty broken. looks fine otherwise.

And then B-... B-Beruka....? But she's already in the game .w. Is this a commentary on how she's terrible lol ;; Well your build looks pretty cool at any rate. 

Great ideas on the whole >3< Nice work!

@salinea Okay I'll admit your Arvis is straight-up better than mine lmao. The only thing I WOULD expect to see on him that's lacking is Blazing Flame as a special for thematics, but Harsh Command is also quite fitting so I can't complain. Your Lewyn build looks good, my only real comment there is the rather subjective matter of me wanting to see him as a refresher xDD But frankly I'm not really sure what kind of middle ground can be reached there beyond maybe letting him have the Refresh assist + a special + only one passive, but that seems like kind of a poor precedent to set IMO so shruggg. 

And oh yeah, Ishtar is another Jugdral character that'd be cool to see :o She seems pretty straightforward. Only comment I have there is that the combination of Mjolnir's effect + her Atk stat + Moonbow seems a lil broken for a default build to me; I'd either reduce her Atk stat a bit (like maybe around the realm of 30-ish) or else make Mjolnir's effect the typical killer effect... (I'm reluctant to suggest this since the Wo Dao effect on a tome is a cool idea though), but 48 Atk +10 damage on a 2-count proc seems pretty overboard to me... I'd say giving her something like Astra with a long count and not a lot of power would fix it, but that still makes it exploitable with skill inheritance haha ;; 

tl;dr I feel like she needs an Atk cut and maybe a longer-CD special to balance her out. She'll probably still be really strong even then haha ;;

@Noble Of Pherae Agree with Salinea, Dancing Blade is cool o3o Actually I'm expecting we'll get something like that if they ever release like an event Marth or some such. 

Edited by BANRYU

47 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

@salinea Okay I'll admit your Arvis is straight-up better than mine lmao. The only thing I WOULD expect to see on him that's lacking is Blazing Flame as a special for thematics, but Harsh Command is also quite fitting so I can't complain.

I was tempted to give him Bonfire for thematics but 1/ would be OP (let's leave that to players with SI) 2/ as I said I felt he was better with an Assist than a Special since his shtick as a Valflamme user was fairly plan high attack / high def / high res kind of deal, nothing tricksy (except for the Nihil which we got covered by Guard, and a Pavise but we got enough Armors with those it feels a bit boring). Glad you liked him as done :D.

Your Lewyn build looks good, my only real comment there is the rather subjective matter of me wanting to see him as a refresher xDD But frankly I'm not really sure what kind of middle ground can be reached there beyond maybe letting him have the Refresh assist + a special + only one passive, but that seems like kind of a poor precedent to set IMO so shruggg. 

Your build is great for a refresh unit Lewyn. I don't feel that Lewyn should be one, but that's no big deal, we're just having fun here so :P

Yeah, no way to balance refreshing with a special (at least with galeforce he can refresh himself XD) so let's just have two different cool builds for Lewyn :3

And oh yeah, Ishtar is another Jugdral character that'd be cool to see :o She seems pretty straightforward. Only comment I have there is that the combination of Mjolnir's effect + her Atk stat + Moonbow seems a lil broken for a default build to me; I'd either reduce her Atk stat a bit (like maybe around the realm of 30-ish) or else make Mjolnir's effect the typical killer effect... (I'm reluctant to suggest this since the Wo Dao effect on a tome is a cool idea though), but 48 Atk +10 damage on a 2-count proc seems pretty overboard to me... I'd say giving her something like Astra with a long count and not a lot of power would fix it, but that still makes it exploitable with skill inheritance haha ;; 

tl;dr I feel like she needs an Atk cut and maybe a longer-CD special to balance her out. She'll probably still be really strong even then haha ;;

Thanks for the criticism! Of those options, I'd go along with decreasing her Attack to 30 (that leaves at least 2 points to reallocate to fit Mage BST... Speed and Resistance maybe?). I'd rather keep Moonbow though (she's dangerous if you let her hit you, that's the point) if that's okay in term of balance... "mood" wise, I'd still prefer something out of the New Moon line, so if longer countdown is absolutely required, going with Luna rather than Astra (which granted, is shorter, but feels a better fit to Mjolnir's devastating precision).

@salinea Luna seems like an okay compromise in terms of CD timing I think... but yeah I haven't researched Ishtar's stats and stuff yet so I'll leave the reallocated points to you =w=

Regarding Lewyn, I'm fine with that x3 Fun fact as well, I believe Lewyn is currently the most popular character in this thread, with 3 separate builds now hah xD

55 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

@salinea Luna seems like an okay compromise in terms of CD timing I think... but yeah I haven't researched Ishtar's stats and stuff yet so I'll leave the reallocated points to you =w=

Regarding Lewyn, I'm fine with that x3 Fun fact as well, I believe Lewyn is currently the most popular character in this thread, with 3 separate builds now hah xD

Ooooh I missed somebody's build? Quick to the search function!

ETA: oh it was a bit of an OP one with the 2 range weapon. Like yours better.

Revised Ishtar:

Spoiler

Ishtar, Goddess of Thunder

Infantry mage

HP: 36
Att: 31
Speed: 34
Def: 19
Res: 27
Total: 147

Weapon : Thunder / Elthunder / Thoron / Mjolnir 14, Grants +10 to damage when Special triggers.
Assist :

Special : New Moon, Luna

Passive A :
Passive B : Vantage
Passive C : Spur Speed

How would a series of tomes à la Blade/Wolf/Raven/Owl that grants a +5 Att when under half HP sound (work as in combat buff, so stackeable)? Would 7 and 11 sound right for damage (at base and + level)? Trying to think of more designs for Genealogy mages.

Edited by salinea

2 minutes ago, salinea said:

How would a series of tomes à la Blade/Wolf/Raven/Owl that grants a +5 Att when under half HP sound (work as in combat buff, so stackeable)? Would 7 and 11 sound right for damage (at base and + level)? Trying to think of more designs for Genealogy mages.

Sounds like a passive Defiant Atk 2 like Alphonse has on Folkvangr; sounds a bit more like legendary weapon material to me than regular weapon, personally. 

(PS I wouldn't recommend triple-posting if you don't wanna incur Eclipse's wrath, just edit ya post yo .3.)

@salinea A lovely trio! Balance-wise I think they are all good. The idea of a mage blazing around on Gale Force steroids is amazing tbh and Forseti fits just perfectly. The one I'm probably a bit iffy on is Arvis. While the concept of an armored mage is perfectly fine... when you add inherent Close Counter in the mix and giving him very average def and res... shit gets kinda scary. Replace Guard with Vantage and play around with Armor C passives... and Armor Emblem pretty much broke the meta, I'd say =/ Also thematically I'd probably be inclined to give Quick Riposte than Vantage, both thematically (lightning strikes fast, Vantage refers more to tactical position and advantage rather than just being fast AF which is QR) and for the sake of usefulness since she's not particularly tanky. Overall though my box is starved for mages atm and I gotta say I'd probably fork over some cash to get those, if they were to appear in the game right now.

You essentially propose a 7/11 tome set that becomes 12/15 when under 50% hp. Which is exactly a -2 MT over 50% and +3 MT under 50% compared to vanilla tomes. Given how vulnerable mages are to just getting one-shotted I'd actually say it feels weak. Maybe split it into two stats for a total of +6 or +8 depending on base MT. Could be a +Atk/+Spd split for offense, +Atk/+Res split for magic duels or whatever you want really.

4 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Sounds like a passive Defiant Atk 2 like Alphonse has on Folkvangr; sounds a bit more like legendary weapon material to me than regular weapon, personally. 

*sighs* I'd like to make up something where you power up by being hurt, but wouldn't be a legendary weapon... not sure what's the right balance for the idea.

4 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

(PS I wouldn't recommend triple-posting if you don't wanna incur Eclipse's wrath, just edit ya post yo .3.)

Urgh. Thanks. I keep forgetting that when I post with some significant delay between each times.

@Noble Of Pherae I second what salinea said, Dancing Blade is pretty neat. I'll be surprised if it doesn't make it into Heroes (they already have Heavy Blade, so it'd make sense).

@Nightmayre Yeah, Kirby characters in Fire Emblem is weird (Kirby does not fit the aesthetic of Fire Emblem... any Fire Emblem...), but it was a fun challenge to write all of those up... even if they didn't quite end up all that great balance-wise.

Although, I wrote up revised versions of those four a few posts down from the initial post that I think improved on several of the problems you (and BANRYU before you) mentioned:

On 5/18/2017 at 4:26 PM, ILikeKirbys said:

Meta Knight:

Reveal hidden contents

Meta Knight | Sword Master | Red | Sword | Flying | Available At 5-Stars Only

Stats:
HP: 
37/40/43
ATK: 27/30/33
SPD: 36/39/42
DEF: 24/27/30
RES: 19/22/25

Weapons:
1-Star: 
Iron Sword | MT 6
2-Star: Steel Sword | MT 8
3-Star: Silver Sword | MT 11
5-Star: Galaxia | MT 16 | This unit strikes first when his HP is < 50% (Vantage 2 effect) Cannot Be Inherited

Special Skill:
3-Star: 
Rising Wind (5 Charge: Deals damage equal to (Meta Knight's ATK - Enemy's DEF) in a +-shape area)
4-Star: Growing Wind (5 Charge: Deals damage equal to (Meta Knight's ATK - Enemy's DEF) in a square-shape area)

A Skill:
2-Star: Swift Blade 1 (This unit gains ATK +4 when his SPD is at least 7 points higher than the enemy's)
3-Star: Swift Blade 2 (This unit gains ATK +4 when his SPD is at least 5 points higher than the enemy's)
5-Star: Swift Blade 3 (This unit gains ATK +4 when his SPD is at least 3 point higher than the enemy's)

B Skill: 
1-Star: 
Escape Route 1 (Can teleport adjacent to any ally when this unit has less than 30% HP)
2-Star: Escape Route 2 (Can teleport adjacent to any ally when this unit has less than 40% HP)
4-Star: Escape Route 3 (Can teleport adjacent to any ally when this unit has less than 50% HP)

Changes: I kept Meta Knight every bit as fast as he is (I was gonna bump him up to 37/40/43, but then I remembered that MK can get Hone Fliers since he's a flier and he'd be able to breach 50 SPD with +SPD, Hone Fliers and the SPD +1 Sacred Seal if I bumped him up and I don't want that), but I swapped a few of his other stats around. His DEF is up a bit, and his HP has improved substantially (it's a tiny bit higher than Kirby's!), but I tanked his RES and ATK (especially the ATK, he's gonna have to rely on Galaxia and Swift Blade to hit the big damage here). I think I had Meta Knight mixed up with someone else, so I swapped his stats around a bit more to be like what you thought of Meta Knight.
Blazing Wind has evolved into Growing Wind.
Swift Blade has been upped to 7/5/3 SPD difference for the extra damage. He can probably still meet those requirements pretty easily (MK is still crazy fast), but it's not practically automatic any more.

King Dedede:

Reveal hidden contents

Dedede | Dreamland King | Green | Axe | Armor | Available at 5-Star Only

Stats:
HP: 
43/46/50
ATK: 36/39/42
SPD: 25/29/32
DEF: 25/28/31
RES: 25/28/31

Weapon:
1-Star: 
Iron Axe | MT 6
2-Star: Steel Axe | MT 8
3-Star: Hammer Axe | MT 8 | Effective damage vs Armors
5-Star: Jet Hammer | MT 16 | Effective damage vs Armors: Grants adjacent allies DEF +3 during combat (Spur DEF 2 effect) Cannot Be Inherited

Special Skill:
3-Star: 
Holy Vestments (3-Charge: Reduce 2-Range damage by 30%)
4-Star: Sacred Cowl (2-Charge: Reduce 2-range damage by 30%)

A Skill:
2-Star: 
Heavy Cushion 1 (Grants DEF/RES +1 when attacked)
3-Star: Heavy Cushion 2 (Grants DEF/RES +2 when attacked)
5-Star: Heavy Cushion 3 (Grants DEF/RES +3 when attacked)

C Skill:
1-Star: 
Spur RES 1 (Adjacent allies gain +2 RES during combat)
2-Star: Spur RES 2 (Adjacent allies gain +3 RES during combat)
4-Star: Spur RES 3 (Adjacent allies gain +4 RES during combat)

Changes: I moved a couple of points from Dedede's DEF and RES into his HP so he's fatter now.
I changed the Jet Hammer. It's no longer a Brave weapon (why did I think that was a good idea), now it's a Hammer with Spur DEF 2 and 16 MT. I think this is better balanced, if only because it's not a Brave weapon any more (and the Armor-killing effect won't be useful too often, so I feel good about keeping Spur DEF 2 on it).
Aegis has been replaced with Sacred Cowl.

Bandana Dee:

Reveal hidden contents

Bandana Dee | Notable Servant | Blue | Lance | Infantry | Available at 5-Stars Only

Stats:
HP: 
37/40/43
ATK: 24/27/30
SPD: 27/30/33
DEF: 26/30/33
RES: 28/31/34

Weapons:
1-Star: 
Iron Lance | MT: 6
2-Star: Steel Lance | MT: 8
3-Star: Guard Spear | MT: 7 | Grants DEF/RES +2.
5-Star: Guard Spear+ | MT: 10 | Grants DEF/RES +2. CAN BE INHERITED

Special Skill:
3-Star: Reposition (move adjacent ally to opposite side of this unit)

B Skill:
2-Star: 
Renewal 1 (Recover 10 HP every 4 turns)
3-Star: Renewal 2 (Recover 10 HP every 3 turns)
5-Star: Renewal 3 (Recover 10 HP every 2 turns)

C Skill:
1-Star: 
Spur ATK 1 (Grants adjacent allies ATK +2 during combat)
2-Star: Spur ATK/SPD 1 (Grants adjacent allies ATK +2 & SPD +2 during combat)
4-Star: Spur ATK/SPD 2 (Grants adjacent allies ATK +3 & SPD +3 during combat)

Changes: The only real change here was making a new weapon for Bandana Dee. Which, of course, makes him fat like his boss Dedede (but not quite as fat, although the additional girth provided by this weapon isn't situational like Dedede's). And can be inherited, so everyone (who can hold a lance, anyway) can try to be fat like Dedede! It also has crap ATK, so I shifted a couple of points from his SPD to his ATK so he won't be complete dead weight on offense.

And finally, have Kirby, completely reworked into a Staff user because I liked your idea more than mine:

Reveal hidden contents

Kirby | Super Star | Grey | Staff | Infantry | Available At 5-Stars Only

Stats:
HP: 
33/36/39
ATK: 27/30/33
SPD: 27/30/33
DEF: 24/27/30
RES: 24/27/30

Weapons:
1-Star:
 Assault | MT: 10
5-Star: Star Rod | MT: 10 | Deals the same damage as normal weapons (Wrathful Staff 3) Cannot Be Inherited
Star Rod's attack animation is Kirby swinging it like a sword, shooting a star at his foe.

Command Skill:
1-Star:
Heal (Restore 5 HP)
2-Star: Mend (Restore 10 HP)
4-Star: Recover (Restore 15 HP: Special Cooldown +1)

Special Skill:
2-Star:
Imbue (1-Charge: Restore an additional 10 HP)
4-Star: Copy (3-Charge: Copy and use the enemy's Special)

B Skill:
2-Star: Wings of Mercy 1 (Can teleport adjacent to any ally with less than 30% HP)
4-Star: Wings of Mercy 2 (Can teleport adjacent to any ally with less than 40% HP)
5-Star: Wings of Mercy 3 (Can teleport adjacent to any ally with less than 50% HP)

Changes: Well, first off, Kirby is now a Staff user. That's a pretty big change in and of itself.
Accordingly, Kirby's stats were dropped to be in line with other Staff users (though he's still ahead of all of them).
I nerfed the Star Rod to 10 MT, but gave it Wrathful Staff 3 built in (I know it's not the 2 effect like most special skills, but IMO 2 shouldn't exist)
For his healing, he gets Heal > Mend > Recover. There's no reason for this, I just felt like giving Recover. I thought about Physic, but the healing-kiss-mouth-to-mouth thing doesn't work at a distance, so Recover it is.
For his Special skills, Kirby gets Imbue, which is standard fare for Staff users, and Copy, which isn't. Copy gives Kirby that rare thing among Staff users: the ability to use non-healing/buffing/not-dying-related Specials. Between this and built-in Wrathful Staff, Kirby is uniquely capable as an offensive Staff user.
Kirby keeps Wings of Mercy, because it gives him something unique among Staff users (as if he needs more uniqueness among Staffers, haha).

Overview (This Kirby is completely new, so another overview is needed): Kirby stands out among Staff users for a few reasons. First off, he's a tiny pink puffball, which is unprecedented not only among staff users but also among Fire Emblem characters in general. Second off, he comes with a special weapon that deals the same damage as a regular weapon, which allows him to be used for damage-dealing purposes in addition to healing. Third off, Kirby comes with a scary skill among offensive Staff users: Copy, which lets him use the Special skill that his enemy has when it procs, so he can steal something like Escutcheon to ward off melee damage, or take Moonbow and lower your RES to deal more damage. He can't steal things like Galeforce, since that activates after combat, but he can steal the AoE skills (Rising/Blazing/Growing) and apply that damage before combat starts. It's something to look out for.

Kirby's weaknesses are easy enough to see. Even though he has Wrathful Staff built into his weapon, and can use offensive Special skills via Copy, Kirby still only has 37/40/43 ATK to work with, so he won't be putting up Genny-esque damage (though he can come close, and unlike her he can do things like double and have a B Skill), and since he's a Grey unit he'll have to watch out for -Raven tomes. Also, while his defenses are both fairly good, his HP is a bit questionable, so he probably shouldn't be attacking if there's a serious chance that he could get hit.

Overall, Kirby is possibly the best Staff unit for offense, and a pretty good unit to have around in general.

And speaking of characters that wouldn't be expected in Fire Emblem (or maybe they would, I dunno):

Spoiler

Andy | Idiot Commander | Red | Sword | Infantry | Available at 5-Stars

Stats:
HP:
40/43/46
ATK: 27/30/33
SPD: 27/30/33
DEF: 27/30/33
RES: 22/25/29

Weapons:
1-Star:
Iron Sword | MT 6
2-Star: Steel Sword | MT 8
3-Star: Silver Sword | MT 11
5-Star: Mech Bazooka | MT 16 | After combat initiated by this unit, enemies within 2 spaces of the target lose 5 HP (Savage Blow 2) Cannot Be Inherited
The animation for Mech Bazooka is Andy shooting an explosive at his enemy.

Special:
3-Star:
Daylight (4-Charge: Recover HP equal to 30% of damage dealt)
4-Star: Noontime (3-Charge: Recover HP equal to 30% of damage dealt)

A-Skill:
2-Star:
Hyper Upgrade 1 (After this unit's Special Skill activates, this unit gains ATK/SPD/DEF/RES +2 for the rest of the turn)
3-Star: Hyper Upgrade 2 (After this unit's Special Skill activates, this unit gains ATK/SPD/DEF/RES +4 for the rest of the turn)
5-Star: Hyper Upgrade 3 (After this unit's Special Skill activates, this unit gains ATK/SPD/DEF/RES +6 for the rest of the turn)

B-Skill:
1-Star:
Renewal 1 (Recover 10 HP every 4 turns)
2-Star: Renewal 2 (Recover 10 HP every 3 turns)
4-Star: Renewal 3 (Recover 10 HP every 2 turns)

Overview: Andy is a balanced unit. His stats are fairly balanced, although his RES is a bit low relative to the rest of his stats. His unique weapon, the Mech Bazooka, lets Andy deal respectable damage while also harming enemies near his target. His Special skill, Noontime, lets him recover HP frequently, letting him act as a pseudo-tank, and also activates his unique Upgrade skill, which boosts his defenses for the rest of the turn when he procs his Special. Also, Andy has Renewal to heal off combat damage.

However, Andy's balancedness isn't always a good thing. For one, his ATK, while respectable with the Mech Bazooka, isn't amazing, and his RES is low enough that mages will cause problems for him. Also, his A Skill, Hyper Upgrade, only boosts his stats after he procs Daylight/Noontime, so he won't be able to use his increased stats unless an enemy attacks him or your Dancer gives him another turn (although, if you gave Andy Galeforce and it procced, then he would start his Galeforce-turn with the stat boosts).

Logic:
Andy's Stats: Andy is the balanced commander in Advance Wars, with no real strengths or weaknesses, so his stats are all fairly balanced. However, magic doesn't exist in Advance Wars, so his RES is lower than his other stats since he would logically be weak against something that doesn't exist in his world.
Mech Bazooka: Since it's an explosion, I would expect splash damage. This is logical, yeah?
The other option was Distant Counter, but I didn't want that.
Daylight/Noontime: References Hyper Repair, Andy's CO Power that lets him heal all of his units.
Hyper Upgrade: References Hyper Upgrade, Andy's Super CO Power that lets him heal and buff all of his units. Only does a buff here, and only buffs Andy himself.
Renewal: References Hyper Repair, Andy's CO Power that lets him heal all of his units. Also gives him passive healing, which is nice.

Spoiler

Eagle | Soaring Ace | Green | Axe | Flying | Available at 5-Stars
Eagle flies a fighter jet, rather than riding a pegasus or wyvern. You can see his head sticking out of it though.

Stats:
HP:
34/37/40
ATK: 32/35/38
SPD: 35/38/41
DEF: 24/29/30
RES: 18/21/24

Weapons:
1-Star:
Iron Axe | MT 4
2-Star: Steel Axe | MT 8
3-Star: Killer Axe | MT 7
5-Star: Fighter Missile | MT 16 | Special Cooldown -1 Cannot CANNOT BE INHERITED
The animation for the Fighter Missile is Eagle shooting a missile at his enemy.

Special:
3-Star:
Thunderbolt (4-Charge: Deals additional damage equal to 30% of this unit's SPD)
4-Star: Lightning Strike (4-Charge: Deals additional damage equal to 50% of this unit's SPD)
5-Star: Galeforce (5-Charge: Grants this unit an additional turn)

A Skill:
5-Star:
Power Charge (Special Cooldown -1 when this unit defeats an enemy)

C Skill:
1-Star: 
Hone ATK 1 (Grants ATK +2 at the start of the turn)
2-Star: Hone ATK 2 (Grants ATK +4 at the start of the turn)
4-Star: Hone Fliers (Grants flying allies ATK/SPD +6 at the start of the turn)

Overview: Eagle is a flying annihilator. His stats are bent toward offense, though his DEF can be serviceable (his RES, not so much). His special weapon, the Fighter Missile, gives him faster access to his Special, and combined with his Power Charge skill can give him his Special extremely quickly. As for his Specials, he has a choice between Thunderbolt/Lightning Strike, which grant additional damage based on the unit's SPD (calculated like Dragon Gaze/Dragon Fang), and Galeforce, which allows Eagle to attack again. Additionally, Eagle can buff his flying allies with Hone Fliers.

However, Eagle can be shot down fairly easily if you are not careful. While his DEF is fairly decent, he still needs to fear Archers (especially if you run Power  Charge, since that prevents you from running Iote's Shield), and his RES is low, which both makes him vulnerable to mages in general and makes him exceptionally vulnerable to Merric (thanks to Excalibur) in particular.

Logic:
Eagle's Stats: Eagle powers up air units in Advance Wars, so since he's a flier here he should be fairly powerful, and since both of his CO Powers let him take an extra turn he should be pretty speedy. However, his RES is poor for the same reason Andy's is, and his HP is low to give him a definitive weakness.
Fighter Missile: Since Eagle is flying a fighter jet, his ultimate weapon should be just shooting people. Special Cooldown -1 is here to make Galeforce a more viable option.
Thunderbolt/Lightning Strike: A SPD-based Dragon Gaze/Dragon Fang. Lightning Strike's name comes from Eagle's Super CO Power.
An additional note, the Draconic Aura version of Lightning Strike would be named Lightning Drive, after Eagle's CO Power.
Galeforce: Eagle's CO and Super CO Power both let his units move again, so Galeforce is pretty much necessary.
Power Charge: References a mechanic from Advance Wars where killing enemies makes the CO Power meter charge faster.
Hone Fliers: Eagle makes his flying units stronger in Advance Wars, so it makes sense to give him this.

Spoiler

Olaf | Chilly Commander | Blue | Lance | Cavalry | Available at 5-Stars
Olaf drives a tank, with his head sticking out. He attacks by stabbing the lance through the cannon of the tank.

Stats:
HP:
41/44/47
ATK: 24/27/30
SPD: 21/24/27
DEF: 29/32/35
RES: 25/28/31

Weapons:
1-Star:
Iron Lance | MT 6
2-Star: Steel Lance | MT 8
3-Star: Silver Lance | MT 11
5-Star: Ice Cannon | MT 16 | After any combat with this unit, enemies are restricted to 1 MOV on their next turn (Gravity effect) Cannot Be Inherited
The animation for Ice Cannon is Olaf shooting a snowball at the enemy.

Special:
3-Star:
Chilling Wind (4-Charge: Adds 50% of RES to damage dealt)
4-Star: Glacies (4-Charge: Adds 80% of RES to damage dealt)

A Skill:
2-Star:
Close DEF 1 (When attacked at 1 range, unit gains DEF/RES +2)
3-Star: Close DEF 2 (When attacked at 1 range, unit gains DEF/RES +4)
5-Star: Close DEF 3 (When attacked at 1 range, unit gains DEF/RES +6)

B Skill:
2-Star:
Obstruct 1 (Enemies cannot move through spaces adjacent to this unit while this unit's HP > 90%)
3-Star: Obstruct 2 (Enemies cannot move through spaces adjacent to this unit while this unit's HP > 70%)
4-Star: Obstruct 3 (Enemies cannot move through spaces adjacent to this unit while this unit's HP > 50%)

Overview: Olaf is (and drives) a highly mobile tank. His ATK is questionable (even with his Ice Cannon, he only reaches 40/43/46 ATK) and his SPD is awful, but his defenses are both fairly strong, and his HP is large. His tanking abilities are enhanced by his Close DEF skill, which makes him even stronger on defense against melee attackers, Obstruct, which can be used to keep enemies away from squishier allies and force them to face Olaf, and his Ice Cannon's built-in Gravity effect, which allows Olaf to immobilize a foe so he and his allies can retreat. And for offense, Olaf has Glacies to deal an additional 23 (22.4, I think that rounds up) damage every few rounds of combat.

However, Olaf's offensive potential is weak. His SPD is crap, and his ATK isn't much better (as I said above, even with the Ice Cannon Olaf only reaches 40/43/46 ATK), so he isn't going to deal much damage unless he procs Glacies.

Logic:
Olaf's Stats: Olaf's thing is being balanced, but Andy is doing that, so instead I made him a tank with 3 MOV. And then I put him in a tank with 3 MOV. His higher RES is because his troops resist the negative effects of snowy weather. Please just let me have this one
Ice Cannon: Olaf's thing is causing snow and being immune to its negative effects, so I gave him an ice-themed weapon. The Gravity effect is because snowy weather nerfs movement range in Advance Wars (if I recall correctly).
Chilling Wind/Glacies: Snow-themed CO, snow-themed ability.
Close DEF: To make Olaf better as a tank despite having lower overall stats due to being considered Cavalry.
Obstruct: Because snowy weather nerfs movement range in Advance Wars (again, if I recall correctly).

Spoiler

Sonja | Calm Daughter | Grey | Bow | Infantry | Available at 5-Stars

Stats:
HP:
40/43/46
ATK: 25/28/32
SPD: 30/33/36
DEF: 25/29/32
RES: 22/25/29

Weapons:
1-Star:
Iron Bow | MT 6
2-Star: Steel Bow | MT 6
3-Star: Silver Bow | MT 6
5-Star: Sniper Rifle | MT 14 | This unit attacks first when attacked with HP < 50% (Vantage 2) Cannot Be Inherited

Command Skill:
3-Star:
Reposition (Move adjacent ally to other side of this unit)

A Skill:
2-Star:
Counter Break 1 (When attacked, this unit gains +2 ATK/SPD)
3-Star: Counter Break 2 (When attacked, this unit gains +4 ATK/SPD)
5-Star: Counter Break 3 (When attacked, this unit gains +6 ATK/SPD)

C Skill:
1-Star:
Threaten DEF 1 (At the start of your turn, enemies within 2 spaces suffer DEF -3)
2-Star: Threaten DEF 2 (At the start of your turn, enemies within 2 spaces suffer DEF -4)
4-Star: Threaten DEF 3 (At the start of your turn, enemies within 2 spaces suffer DEF -5)

Overview: Sonja's skillset makes her a tricky foe to face. Her stats are fairly balanced, but her unique weapon, the Sniper Rifle, lets her always attack first while at 20/21/23 HP, making her more difficult to take down with ranged attackers. She also comes with Counter Break, making her stronger and faster when attacked. Rounding out her skillset is Reposition, which lets her move her allies to more favorable positions, and Threaten DEF, which weakens foes who end their turn near her.

Logic:
Why Not Kanbei?: Sonja's various abilities are easier to translate over to Fire Emblem Heroes than Kanbei's I'm-just-better-at-everything-but-my-units-cost-more-also-I-can-make-my-units-invincible-good-luck-balancing-that.
Sonja's Stats: Sonja is fairly balanced, but I made her a bit weaker and faster than Andy, with slightly higher RES. Her SPD is significantly higher than Andy's though.
Sniper Rifle: I admit, I couldn't come up with a good unique weapon for Sonja. Vantage is here because of her Super CO Power, Counter Break, which lets her always attack first while it is active (among several other things).
Reposition: Just there because I didn't want to give Sonja a Special skill.
Counter Break: Named after her Super CO Power. Increased power on counterattacks wasn't something Counter Break did in Advance Wars, but given that having the first strike in that game meant you did significantly more damage (or at least, it did in Dual Strike, if I recall correctly), it seemed alright to give additional ATK and SPD to Sonja when she counterattacks (besides, its usefulness is limited by being an A Skill on a ranged unit, so Sonja can't run it with Close Counter).
Threaten DEF: One of Sonja's abilities was reducing enemy terrain bonuses, so I figured lowering nearby enemies' DEF at the start of the turn would be a decent analogue.

Spoiler

Hawke | Determined Commander | Red | Tome | Infantry | Available at 5-Stars

Stats:
HP:
41/44/47
ATK: 29/32/35
SPD: 25/28/31
DEF: 29/32/35
RES: 21/22/27

Weapons:
1-Star:
Flux | MT 4
2-Star: Ruin | MT 6
3-Star: Fenrir | MT 9
5-Star: Black Storm | MT 14 | Special Cooldown +1. This unit recovers 10 HP every other turn (Renewal 3). Cannot Be Inherited
The animation for Black Storm is several black thunderbolts striking the enemy.

Special:
3-Star:
Glowing Ember (4-Charge: Adds damage equal to 50% of DEF)
4-Star: Ignis (4-Charge: Adds damage equal to 80% of DEF)

A Skill: 
2-Star:
ATK +1
3-Star: ATK/DEF +1
5-Star: ATK/DEF +2

C Skill:
1-Star:
Savage Blow 1 (After any combat this unit initiates, enemies within 2 spaces of the target lose 3 HP)
2-Star: Savage Blow 2 (After any combat this unit initiates, enemies within 2 spaces of the target lose 5 HP)
4-Star: Black Wave (After any combat this unit initiates, adjacent allies recover 5 HP and enemies within 2 spaces of the target lose 5 HP)

Overview: Hawke is like Andy, except with slightly superior stats in every area except for SPD and RES, where he is slightly behind. However, his skills and unique weapon make Hawke a much different unit. His unique weapon, Black Storm, is unique in that it has a 3rd-tier skill built into it, in this case Renewal 3, in exchange for increasing the cooldown on his Special Skill. His Special Skill, Glowing Ember/Ignis, leverage his decently-high DEF to deal massive damage when it procs. Additionally, Hawke has ATK/DEF +2, to further raise his ATK and DEF, and his Black Wave skill, which combines the effects of Breath of Life 2 and Savage Blow 2.

However, Hawke's problems come in his middle-of-the-road SPD and low RES, which make him vulnerable to faster enemies and mages. Additionally, Hawke's Black Storm increases the cooldown of his Special Skill, so you won't benefit from Special activations very often (especially if you stick with Ignis, which ends up with a 5-Charge after Black Storm's Cooldown +1 is factored in).

Logic:
Hawke's Stats: In Advance Wars, Hawke's stats are basically Andy Except Better, so his stats here are like Andy's, except slightly higher in HP, ATK and DEF. His SPD and RES are a bit lower to give Andy some slight advantages over him.
Black Storm: Named after Hawke's Super CO Power. The increase to Special Cooldown is here because Hawke's CO Power meter charges more slowly than that of other COs in Advance Wars, and this replicates that weakness. In exchange, Hawke gains a higher-tier skill relative to other legendary weapons' built-in skills, in this case Renewal 3. The self-recovery references Hawke's CO Power healing his units when used.
Glowing Ember/Ignis: I considered Night Sky/Astra, but I figured that a 5-Charge would be enough for Hawke. This skill gives Hawke considerable destructive power... if it activates.
ATK/DEF +2: References Hawke's slightly-above-average offense and defense in Advance Wars.
Black Wave: Hawke's CO Power heals his units and damages his enemy's units. As such, Black Wave works here as a combination of Breath of Life (heals allies) and Savage Blow (damages enemies).

Hopefully these aren't too bad.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

@ILikeKirbys AHH I FORGOT TO COMMENT ON THE UPDATES HAHA SORRY ;; 

Meta Knight - Looks great! Yeah the reason I originally said 'I imagine him with low HP' and whatnot... I think I was specifically thinking of Canvas Curse where he has significantly reduced HP (I wanna say like half?) compared to what Kirby and Dedede had... so that could contribute to his glassiness while higher defense references the fact that he's armored and can probably take a FEW hits okay-- BUT THAT'S MY INTERPRETATION~ Yours still looks great and seems much better balanced now!

Kirby - Glad you like my idea xWx and yeah, you're probably right about his stats and whatnot that 30 across the board would be too weak... Though I still think it might be okay to buff Star Rod's damage a little bit just so his offensive potential is slightly better, but that's your call. Looks solid!

Dedede - still not suuuuuper sure about the balancing on his hammer, but I'm hard-pressed to think of what else to suggest beyond maybe just giving him a regular ol' Hammer+, which I get the feeling you dont' want to do x3x His stats look okay... I think...? I'm still partial to the idea of him being a hard-hitting Res tank but I'll admit that's my opinion and it's fine for those to differ lol. 

Waddle Dee still looks good and I don't have time to glance at the AW folks rn so maybe later Dx sorry

Edited by BANRYU

@ILikeKirbys AW YEEEEEEEEEES ADVANCE WARS BABY

Andy: That guy always seriously got on my nerves so I wouldn't give him anything like a legendary weapon (more like a Broken Sword T_T) but he's fine for what he is. I like his overall concept and how his skills are tailored to work like Hyper Repair buuuut... his custom A skill is, like, weak. A costless Fury-esque effect that is only active about half the time or so is... not something you'd want, even if it seems balanced on paper. The reason is that while special is active you mostly want to attack immediately and so defense stats are rather useless. I'd suggest narrowing the bonus to ATK/SPD stats only. Or making it work like Wo Dao's passive. +7/10/13 to damage while special is active is how I've implemented my version of such a skill (called Lethal Strike btw). I mean, I'm not sure, yours could probably work with a faster special and such, but I think it needs a tad more oomph. The rest is great.

Eagle: ...DAT GUY. I really like the Thunderbolt/LS specials and they really need to be a real thing anyway soon. His Legendary is fine buuuuuut I'm not so sure about his A. It feels a bit like an overkill effect. Not exactly imbalanced, no, but something that won't help you win. What do I mean? If you're killing enemies, you're probably fine, +1 to special trigger probably won't help you so much (unless you could trigger Galeforce twice in one turn but I don't see that happening, if it does, borked things are borked). In a similar vibe, if you're losing, you will be hard-pressed to trigger this special at all. So I think that while it sounds cool on paper, it probably wouldn't be too practical for actual use and would be replaced.

Olaf. Just. Perfect. Seriously this guy is just exactly what he should be. In everything.

Sonja: I feel like there's a missed opportunity with her unique weapon and Advance Wars theme of sticking with high-range units. Have you seen my Innes and the B skill I gave him, Ballista, that makes the user's first attack a 3-range attack? I feel like it would be a perfect fit for Sonja's weapon, instead of its Vantage 2 passive. Also given her theme I'd think Drag Back would be more fitting aesthetically rather than Reposition. As for Counter Break, I like the concept.

And finally Hawkeye. I like your concept here, not much to complain about. Seems like a prolonged-combat type of mage, which I appreciate since I also want to create these types of units. His A and B skills are fine but... maybe it's just my personal bias talking in that I've almost never seen Renewal decide a fight. I wouldn't sacrifice a 1 charge counter for that effect. But mostly it looks like balancing is off with that one - Renewal 2 is actually considered weak enough by IS that they not only incorporate it into a prf weapon but also find room for another bonus (Falchion). So yeah, I think you should feel free to just remove the penalty altogether, if you want Renewal 3 on that weapon.

Great job! I overall enjoyed seeing AW characters very much!

Edited by Nightmayre

52 minutes ago, Nightmayre said:

@salinea A lovely trio! Balance-wise I think they are all good. The idea of a mage blazing around on Gale Force steroids is amazing tbh and Forseti fits just perfectly. The one I'm probably a bit iffy on is Arvis. While the concept of an armored mage is perfectly fine... when you add inherent Close Counter in the mix and giving him very average def and res... shit gets kinda scary. Replace Guard with Vantage and play around with Armor C passives... and Armor Emblem pretty much broke the meta, I'd say =/ Also thematically I'd probably be inclined to give Quick Riposte than Vantage, both thematically (lightning strikes fast, Vantage refers more to tactical position and advantage rather than just being fast AF which is QR) and for the sake of usefulness since she's not particularly tanky. Overall though my box is starved for mages atm and I gotta say I'd probably fork over some cash to get those, if they were to appear in the game right now.

Thanks!! :DDD Glad you like them. Hmmmm yeah, Armor emblem is a bit harder to take into acount. I could live with not making him an armor, personally, but then I'd need to rethink his total stats and the overall concept will be harder to pull :/ (and probably less "fun" than Mage Armor).

Love the idea of Quick Riposte for Ishtar! I defaulted to Vantage because the wiki told she had it at base (which, TBH, I'd forgotten about, probably because I tend to try to kill her very quickly in the game), but she also has Adept and that fits QR very well!

52 minutes ago, Nightmayre said:

You essentially propose a 7/11 tome set that becomes 12/15 when under 50% hp. Which is exactly a -2 MT over 50% and +3 MT under 50% compared to vanilla tomes. Given how vulnerable mages are to just getting one-shotted I'd actually say it feels weak. Maybe split it into two stats for a total of +6 or +8 depending on base MT. Could be a +Atk/+Spd split for offense, +Atk/+Res split for magic duels or whatever you want really.

Ah, thanks! Great analysis :) I think I'll go with +3 Att/+3 Speed from 7/11 then...

On 2/28/2017 at 9:10 PM, TheTuckingFypo said:

(slips in without anyone noticing)

I couldn't resist.

Hide contents

Title: The Invisible Shepherd
Name: Kellam
Orb Affinity: Blue Lance
Starting Star Rank: 3-4*

Character Description: A knight of the Shepherds. His presence goes unnoticed. He appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening (or so they say).

Appearance: 

HP:  Average (3)
ATT: Good (4)
SPD: Terrible (1)
DEF: Excellent (5)
RES: Poor (2)

MOV: 1 (Armoured Unit)
Weakness: Tomes, Armourslayers

5* Weapon: Spear/Javelin+ (MT 10, Range 1-2 ||Unsure, but I like the concept)
4* Weapon: Spear/Javelin (MT 8, Range 2)
3* Weapon: Steel Lance (MT 8, Range 1)
1* Weapon: Iron Lance (MT 6, Range 1)

3* Special Skill: Holy Vestments 
4* Special Skill: Sacred Cowl

Skill A: Armoured/Warding Blow 1-3 (one @ 3*, two & three @ 4*)
Skill B: Pass, Seal Defense or Wings of Mercy 1-3 (one @ 3*, two @ 4*, & three @ 5*)
Skill C:  ---

* * * * * Quotes * * * * *

Level Up, Growth Quotes, & Summon Quotes
1-2 Up: "Barely noticeable, just like me…"
3-4 Up: "Hey, did you see how- Oh, no one’s looking…” (shot for using awakening line)
5-6 Up: "Oh wow, look at all this growth!... You can see it too, right?"

Learn Skill: "Do you think this will make me more... visible?"
Unlock Potential: "Look at me now! I’ll be sure to be of more help."

Summoned Quote: "Wait, you can see me?... Yes? I’d be honored to help you. I can be your invisible shield."

Battle Quotes

Selection 1: "You can SEE me?"
Selection 2: "Yes?"
Selection 3: "Okay."

Special 1: "Never saw me coming!”
Special 2: "Watch me now!”
Special 3: "Over here!”

Special 4: "Now you see me! (And now you don’t (again…)).

Defeat: "I... Didn't see that coming..."

Detailed Character Screen Quotes

Quote 1: "Oh! Forgive me! I didn’t mean to surprise you there."
Quote 2: “People tend to not see me-… Hey, wait! Where are you going?”

Quote 3: “Oh, you can see me! Did you need anything?”
Quote 4: “Even my comrades in the Shepherds never really noticed me.”
Quote 5: “*sighs*”

Quote 6: “I’m so glad that you can see me (most of the time).”

Quote 7: “I like to think that I’m valuable to your team. The enemy has yet to notice me.”

Quote 8: “My dream is to stand out; be noticed for once… Being “invisible” can get kind of lonely.”

Home Castle Quotes

Normal 1: “Ah, [Summoner]! Making rounds again? I admire your diligence…-Hey! Wait up!”
Normal 2: “Oh, [Summoner]! You can see me! Did you need anything?” (sorry for the overlap)
Normal 3: “Don’t be spooked if there’s an extra place setting in the Mess Hall… please?”
Normal 4: “I’m sorry if I ever surprise you. You see, I have this tendency to be hidden in plain sight.

Guest Greetings: "I have come to deliver greetings from [Friend]… Um… Hello? You can see me, right?”

5 Star, Level 40 Special Dialogue: 

“Oh, [Summoner]!”

“Thank goodness, I didn’t scare you this time.”

“Now that you can see me, I’d like to speak with you.”

“I’ve been reflecting over the time I’ve been around here helping you and the Order of Heroes.”

“I have been around longer than you think, but that doesn’t matter.”

“What matters is that you notice me now, and I couldn’t be happier.”

“All I’ve ever wanted is to be noticed, even if I’m only really noticed by you (sometimes).”

“For that, I thank you. You have made me feel that my time here was well spent.”

“Oh! Don’t worry, [Summoner], I’m not planning on disappearing on you or anything!”

“I couldn’t leave now; not without helping you end this war. So please, let me continue to be your invisible shield. I promise that I’ll be worth your while.”

“...-[Summoner]? Where’d you go? [Summoner]?”

-------

AFTERTHOUGHTS:

I thought'd that having a 2 range lance would be cool, and who else would be better fit to use it than Kellam!

Also, the lvl.40 dialogue is a bit long. I apologize. However, I did shorten it. I originally had Kellam noting that the summoner has picked up on his "talent".

I wasn't entirely sure on what Passive Skill B to give him. I narrowed it down to;

• Pass - as a joke for his lack of precense.
  • Wings of Mercy - another joke on how he'll "save" his allies, only for them to be confused on how the enemy just fell...
  • Seal Defense - not a joke, would  benefit Kellam. Borders OP'dom...
  • Wary Fighter - also not a joke; included in the list because it would make Kellam a super soldier. However, i'd rather he doesn't have this skill, Wary Fighter is Effie-exclusive I think. That and he'd become too OP.

(slips out without anyone noticing)

Before you ask, yes, I quoted myself, but I made a couple changes to Kellam.

Spoiler

Title: The Invisible Shepherd (or, The Invisible Knight)
Name: Kellam
Orb Affinity: Blue Lance
Rarity: 3*-4*

Character Description: A knight who serves in the Shepherds. His presence mostly goes unnoticed. Supposedly appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Stats (Level 1) 

Spoiler

3 Star

Spoiler

HP: 18/19/20
ATK: 8/9/10
SPD: 4/5/6
DEF: 9/10/11
RES: 4/5/6

4 Star

Spoiler

HP: 18/19/20
ATK: 8/9/10
SPD: 4/5/6
DEF: 10//11/12
RES: 4/5/6

5 Star

Spoiler

HP: 20/21/22
ATK: 9/10/11
SPD: 5/6/7
DEF: 12/13/14 
RES: 5/6/7

Stats (Level 40)

Spoiler

3 Star

Spoiler

HP: 36/39/42
ATK: 28/31/34
SPD: 25/28/31
DEF: 28/31/34
RES: 19/22/25

4 Star

Spoiler

HP: 39/42/45
ATK: 30/33/36
SPD: 26/29/32
DEF: 30/33/36
RES: 20/23/26

5 Star

Spoiler

HP: 42/45/48
ATK: 32/35/38
SPD: 26/30/33
DEF: 32/35/38
RES: 22/25/29

Total BST (neutral IV's): 170 

Movement: 1 (Armored)
Strengths: High BST
Weaknesses: Armorslayers, Tomes

Weapon (5*): Javelin+ (10mt, 1-2 range)
Weapon (3*): Javelin (8mt, 2 range)
Weapon (2*): Steel Lance (8 mt, 1 range)
Weapon (1*): Iron Lance (6mt, 1 range)

Support Skill: ---

Special Skill: Sacred Cowl, or Aegis

Skill A: Distant Defense, or Armored/Warding Blow
Skill B: Wings of Mercy, or Hit and Run
Skill C: ---

Quotes

Level Up, Learn Skill, Unlock Potential and Summon Quotes

1-2 Stats Up: "Barely noticeable, just like me..."
3-4 Stats Up: "Hey, did you see how- Oh, no one's looking."
5+ Stats Up: "Oh wow, look at all this growth! You can see it too, right?"

Learn Skill: "Do you think this will make me more... visible?"
Unlock Potential: "Look at me now! I'll be sure to be of more help."

Summon Quote: "Where am I? Wait, you can see me?... Yes? I'd be honored to help you. I can be your invisible aid."

Battle Quotes

Selection 1: "You can SEE me?"
Selection 2: "Yes?"
Selection 3: "Ready when you are."

Special 1: "Never saw me coming!"
Special 2: "Now you see me!"
Special 3: "Surprise!"
Special 4: "It's my big moment!"

Defeat: "I... Didn't see... that coming..."

Detailed Character Screen Quotes

Quote 1: "Oh! Forgive me! I didn't mean to surprise you there."
Quote 2: "People tend to not see me-... Hey, wait! Where are you going?"
Quote 3: "Please, don't be spooked if there's an extra place setting in the Mess Hall."
Quote 4: "Even my comrades in the Shepherds never really noticed me..."
Quote 5: "*sigh*"
Quote 6: "Gah!... Phew, you got me real good there. I didn't see you coming."
Quote 7: "I like to think that I'm valuable to your team. The enemy has yet to notice me."
Quote 8: "My dream is to stand out; be noticed for once... Being "invisible" can get kind of lonely."

Home Castle Quotes

Normal 1: "Ah, [Summoner]! Making rounds again? I admire your diligence... -Hey! Wait up!"
Normal 2: "Oh, [Summoner]! You can see me! Did you need anything?"
Normal 3: "I'm so glad you can see me (most of the time)."
Normal 4: "I'm sorry if I ever surprise you. You see, I have this tendency to be hidden in plain sight."

Guest Greetings: "I have come to deliver greetings from [Friend]... Umm... Hello? You can see me, right?"

5-Star, Level 40 Special Dialogue:

"Oh, [Summoner]!... Thank goodness, I didn't scare you this time."
"Now that you can see me, I'd like to speak with you."
"I've been reflecting over the time I've been around here helping you and the order of Heroes."
"I have been around longer than you think, but that doesn't matter."
"What matters is that you notice me now, and I couldn't be happier."
"All I've ever wanted was to be noticed, even if I'm only really noticed by you (sometimes)."
"For that, I thank you. You have made me feel that my time here is well spent."
"Oh! Don't worry, [Summoner], I'm not planning on disappearing on you or anything!"
"I couldn't leave now; not without helping you end this war."
"So please, let me continue to be your invisible shield. I promise that I'll be worth your while."
"...-[Summoner]? Where'd you go? [Summoner]?"

Changes Made:

• Added stats to Kellam
    • I made an error when I made my first attempt at Kellam. Turns out he was faster than I made him out to be. Like, a lot faster. (Base growth rate of 45%? That's large for an armored unit.) I'll probably go back and redo the stats again later.
  • Added, edited and moved around some quotes.
  • Edited Skills Assist and Specials
    • Added Hit and Run as a potential B Skill, alongside Wings of Mercy
    • Removed Seal Defense from potential B Skills
    • Removed Pass (though it was only there as a joke)
    • May add Obstruct to potential B Skills
    • Added Aegis to potential Special slot, considering Kellam's sudden increase in speed.

@Sire@BANRYU, and anyone else willing to read my update is welcome to constructive criticism. I welcome it with open arms.

(Sumia's redo will be at a later date.

Just in case anyone missed their feedback since I edited my original post, here is the post in question. It covers DarkLordIvy characters, ILikeKirby's Revised Kirbys, and Ludrert's heroes.

As this thread has been blazing along as of late, I'm gonna sit back for a while and enjoy Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia instead. Hopefully I'll be able to get back properly on Sunday and post four more OCs that are all meant to be on the same team.

@Sire

Hey thank you so much for the feedback!

I think I'll go back sometime and I'll add actual numbers to make them a bit more interesting to look at. I also really need to get some more up to date art of these guys, specifically Shapur and Sasha (This is the best I've got for now artwise that is at least somewhat recent). 
I plan on eventually making an actual comic with these guys as three of the main characters, so I love me an opportunity to refine them!

Kun is a weird character... I'm still ironing out her personality, but she is "Leroy Jenkins" embodied so I'm working with that at the moment as best I can. Wolf Laguz was the best comparison I could think of to relate her and Shapur to Fire Emblem in some way. :P

Sasha's name is from the time when he was not a dragon viking and needs changing pretty bad, but names are hard so he's stuck as Sasha for now. He is the one who really needs some art to better convey his character here I think. I described him as a viking mostly because that's what his culture is based on and kind of how he dresses, but he's more a gentle giant than hardcore viking. 

Shapur I could have shoved sooooo much angst into, but I ended up going with more standard dialogue(probably for the best I leave out most of the angst train). Eh I think I'll be redoing his specifically at some point.

Again thanks for the feedback!

Edited by DarkLordIvy

11 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

@BANRYU, and anyone else willing to read my update is welcome to constructive criticism. I welcome it with open arms.

(Sumia's redo will be at a later date.

I really like how you do full write up for quotes and everything, especially since they're written with gusto. The stat line seems fine as far as I can see. Not fond of making up weapons with 1-2 range in Heroes, since it's unprecedented. The skill set otherwise is *shrugs* neither bad nor particularly noteworthy. I guess Hit & Run or Wings of Mercy work with the theme of "not seeing him coming"? Not an awful idea (I think I'd prefer Wings of Mercy for this).

Original Character time.

Spoiler

Title: The Dragonheart
Name: Talon
Orb Affinity: Blue Lance
Starting Star Rank: 4*-5*
Character Description: A young Dragonkin hailing from a reclusive mountain clan. She has performed an ancient ritual to bind her soul to her dragon Belfire. Appears in Fire Emblem Fanfiction.

Mov: 2, Flying

Appearance

Spoiler

59208741eb32e_Talonfinish.png.f1c7ecf3988f67fdf3f43a1d1b105285.png

Stat distribution
36/33/33/30/25

Weapon:
1* - Iron Lance
2* - Steel Lance
3* - Reaper Lance (9 MT, 1 Rng. Deals 4 more damage if the enemy had less than full HP at the start of combat)
5* - Reaper Lance+ (12 MT, 1 Rng. Deals 6 more damage if the enemy had less than full HP at the start of combat)

Assist: N/A

Special: Draconic Aura (Deal +30% Attack, Cooldown 3)

Skill A:
1* - Death Blow 1 (If this unit initiates combat, unit is granted Atk +2 during battle.)
4* - Swift Sparrow (If this unit initiates combat, unit granted Atk/Spd +2 during battle.)
5* - Swift Sparrow 2 (If this unit initiates combat, unit granted Atk/Spd +4 during battle.)

Skill B:
1* Rout 1 (When an enemy is 1 space outside this unit’s attack range and below 30% HP, this unit may move up to that enemy.)
2* Rout 2 (When an enemy is 1 space outside this unit’s attack range and below 50% HP, this unit may move up to that enemy.)
4* Rout 3 (When an enemy is 1 space outside this unit’s attack range and below 70% HP, this unit may move up to that enemy.)

Skill C:
N/A

Gameplay Comments: The Reaper Lance (along with the Sword/Axe variants) has 3 less MT than a Silver weapon but has 3 more MT when powered up. It’s designed to combo well with Savage Blow and punish Fury users.

With her stat spread and skills, she’s designed to be a player phase focused character that waits for the right time to hunt down weakened enemies.

Quotes

On Summon: “Pleased to meet you. I’m Talon and this is my partner Belfire. Tell us where you need our power.”

Friend greeting: “Judging by your appearance, you must be [Summoner] right? I`m carrying a message from [Friend]. They said hello!

Level up
0-1 Growth: “What a disgrace…”
2-3 Growth: “There, that’s the spirit!”
4-5 Growth: “Belfire’s heart and mine are one."

Learning a skill: “Yes, I can feel the power flowing through my body.”

Castle
“I knew the outside world would be different but this is something else.”
“I heard manaketes are similar to my kind. Are there any around here?”
“I love the feel of the sun on my scales…skin! I meant to say skin.”
“Hahaha. Oh, sorry, Belfire was just telling me your robe is inside out.
“Did you watch me in the last battle? The enemy never saw me coming!”

Character Page
4* "If you make me angry, I can’t promise Belfire wont’ eat you.
4* "No, you may not touch my horns. Oh, fine, just this once.
4* "I feel like going on a hunt.
4* "Dragon blood courses through my veins."

5* My teacher left the village some time ago. I hope I can bring him back someday.
5* Would you like to try flying? It’s not hard.
5* Sometimes Belfire’s feelings overpower my own and I forget myself.
5* I’ll become a Dragonkin master someday. I hope you’re there to watch me.

Turn Action
“Take flight!”
“I’m on it.”
“Yes?”

Special Skill
"I’ll devour you!"
"Let’s get em, Belfire!"
"Nowhere to run!"
"The hunt begins!"

Death
-I’m…falling…

Confession:
Have I ever told you about how I got these horns? In my clan, when a person reaches maturity, they perform a special ritual to bind their souls to a dragon. As you can see, even our bodies change. The ritual has its downsides but I can’t even imagine being parted with Belfire now. I wonder, [Summoner], maybe someday you would like to come visit me in my village? Belfire says he’d like it too!

Edited by NekoKnight

@NekoKnight so Rout is a skill that gives +1 mov toward a weakened enemy? Interesting idea. She seems pretty powerful, but I think she might just barely manage to avoid being OP since her stats are pretty balanced, so that's neat. I dig her. I can't help but wonder if the lance might be a bit too powerful but I'm not sure.