Zess' Music

ZessDynamite

Charge is hella' catchy. You've really outdone yourself on this one in my opinion. 

The retro and classic are both really good. Before I leave, how did you give the retro one that "retro" sound effect? Because that's really amazing.

Have a nice day and keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, Ycine said:

Charge is hella' catchy. You've really outdone yourself on this one in my opinion. 

The retro and classic are both really good. Before I leave, how did you give the retro one that "retro" sound effect? Because that's really amazing.

Thank you very much! To achieve the retro effect, I used the FE8 soundfont (ripped by circleseverywhere) and inserted it into a VST so that the MIDI notes would play using whatever instrument in the soundfont I chose.

• 3 months later...

New song! - The Enigmatic

This was created to be a character theme, particularly a character who appears sincere but whose true motives are difficult to pin down.

Instruments: violins, violas, cellos, basses, french horns, tuba, flute, clarinet, harp, glass armonica.

Thanks for listening!

• 5 weeks later...

New Songs!

- Moonlight Champion -

A theme for a central villain in a story I'm writing.

Instruments: pipe organ, violin, violas, cellos, choir, basic orchestral percussion.

- Moonlit Battle -

The battle theme for when the main character would fight said villain.

Instruments: grand piano, choir, basic orchestral percussion.

Thanks for listening!

I really like Moonlit Battle. Especially the choir.

As for Moonlight Champion, the last part (from 1:25 to the end) is my favorite part.

Keep up the good work, have a nice day!

• 1 month later...

New Songs!

- Uneasy Victory -

A track for story moments. It would play in situations where a battle is won, but the are more, larger battles to come.

Instruments: basses, cellos, violas, violin, choir, flute, trombone, tubular bells, basic orchestral percussion.

- A Time Forgotten -

Another track for story moments. It would play when my characters are discussing ancient history and/or the deities of my world.

Instruments: grand piano, choir, bass, cello, viola, violin, harp, basic orchestral percussion.

- Under Her Watchful Eye -   

A map theme. It would play on maps taking place on holy or blessed grounds. It integrates a lot of melodies from "A Time Forgotten", to give the religions of my world a common theme. This one was inspired by FE9's soundtrack.

Instruments: basses, cellos, violas, violin, choir, clarinet, french horns, tubular bells, harp, hand bells, grand piano, basic orchestral percussion.

Thanks for listening!

Edited by 3+2=Pie

Wow, it has been a HOT minute.

Though I've neglected this page for about a year and a half, I haven't stopped writing music! Too much music, in fact, to be able to fit it all in one reply. So instead I've revamped the original post to have a comprehensive, constantly updated song list and permanent link to a playlist of all the music I share.

So if you're looking for my new songs (and there's a lot), please check the song list in the original post! My most recent song, finished just yesterday, is "Vestiges of Hope." Please give a listen!

I hope y'all enjoy my new music, and I hope you'll share you thoughts on it as well! As always, thank you for listening!

• 2 weeks later...

New Song!

- Mercy's Lullaby -

A cutscene theme. Plays in quiet, melancholy, and/or vulnerable moments. If you recognize a bit of the melody, that's because it's the main theme! ...But in music box form.

Unfortunately, I'm encountering some bugs with editing the OP, so this song won't be posted there for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience.

As always, thanks for listening!

Updated Song!

- Steel on the Horizon v2.0 -

I said I'd slowly update the older songs, didn't I? Well here's the battle preparations theme redone with cleaner instruments and refined rhythms for each part. Enjoy positioning your units and saving the game 30 times before actually starting the chapter with this theme in the background!

Edited by LuckyStart

On 10/25/2019 at 3:25 AM, LuckyStart said:

I said I'd slowly update the older songs, didn't I? Well here's the battle preparations theme redone with cleaner instruments and refined rhythms for each part. Enjoy positioning your units and saving the game 30 times for actually starting the chapter with this theme in the background!

So what's the next song to get updated?

As always, really nice. Keep up the good work.

16 hours ago, Ycine said:

So what's the next song to get updated?

As always, really nice. Keep up the good work.

Thank you very much for listening, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

As for the next updated song, I'm not sure yet. I was thinking either Fated Journey or Charge. If there's any song you'd want to see updated, feel free to give me a suggestion!

Updated song!

- Charge v2.0 -

I decided to remake the battle theme Charge next, as it's the first battle theme you'll hear in the game and the first demo of the game is nearing completion! The character portrait in the thumbnail also got an update (although that got remade a while back)! I hope you enjoy Charge in its new, crisp form.

Hey everyone! Big round of new songs here, which come courtesy of the latest release of my fangame, Absolution.

- Steel on the Water -

You know how Radiant Dawn had a special preparations theme for the last chapter in each part? Well here's Absolution's equivalent!

- March of Pride -

Green units deserve a theme, too! This will play during the other phase in Absolution.

- Fearsome Stride -

Uh oh! A theme this menacing could only mean one thing: it's enemy phase!

- A Hollow Blade -

The theme of certain characters... can't say much else about them at the moment.

- Together in the Clouds -

A support conversation theme. Plays in upbeat and cheery moments with bubbly characters having fun!

- Together in the Storm -

A support conversation theme. Plays when characters are having a particularly emotional chat- one that lets them understand one another just a little better.

- A Healing Wish -

The healing theme! ...which you will never get to hear in-game because of how the game works. 😞

Additionally, Fated Journey has been redone!

My favorite of the bunch is definitely Together in the Storm, but I'm proud of all of them. Thanks so much for listening as always!

• 2 weeks later...