Breaking down arena offense rewards formula

Avestus

Well, the only ultimate profit of this is trying to figure how much of a bonus you get for "bonus" characters. Still, i've started a google table to gather some extensive statistics and, probably, break down the formula later.  If you're in - feel free to help me gather some statistics by putting down information about your winning games. I'm going to fill that thing anyway.

To do that just copy the blank or already existing table and fill as much "greyed" fields as you'd like. You can neglect filling the stats for your team and fill the "total rank" instead. 

As of now it seems to me that HP left doesn't affect anything, but I still made that field to be sure. The max points are very close to the total enemy team rank, but I can't yet devise a formula to describe the deviation from it. It probably depends on the bonus chars but i'm not sure. The difference between min and max points is probably based on units left, but that needs further confirmation.

The link: Google Table

btw: if you see fields filled with 1 and 0, 1 means "True", 0 means "False". 

Edited by Avestus

• 3 weeks later...

And now I have a very good reason to double post! The file is now a mess but I've finally broken down the formula for max rating and it is:

MaxPoints = (RoundDown( Enemy Rating / 4) + 150)*bonus.

Where bonus = 2 if you have at least one bonus character and bonus = 1 otherwise.

I can't believe it took me so long, lol. I tried some complex models and stuff, never knowing that it's so simple. Well, didn't think there would be a constant there T_T

Thx to guys on reddit with their help with inspiration and mind strom, the foormula for earned points is:

PointsEarned = RoundDown(MaxPoints(1-0.1 * N))

Where N is a number of units you lost while still winning.

Other stuff you should probably know:

• Enemy rating includes passive stats like +3 spd. It's counted as a sum of all stats of all units (including hp). 
  • The rating of your enemy's team is always greater than yours.
  • The absolute max deviation of enemy rating from my team's rating was 40. Or 7% in relative terms. I could've messed up something, since genrally it doesn't go past 30 in absolute values or past 5% in relative terms.
  • If you lose N units while winning the battle you lose points propotionally regardless of the power of units lost. Which means you get max - (max-min)*N/3  points. Though I don't have much statistics on it (just two battles with the same team but different pairs of units lost). I'm pretty sure that's how it works. 
  • Update! :  min = RoundDown(max*0.7) aaaand it's done.

My main mission is done since now all players aiming for their personal top know what affects their rating.

I should notice that my data was gathered for advanced duels. People say that for intermediate and beginner 150 in the formula gets changed to 100 and 50 respecitvely but I haven't checked. It seems pretty close to truth, though.

To do:

• I still should get what defines the fork between min and max
  • Probably found some way to know the exact maximum of your opponent's total rank depending on your team's total rank.

And well, since you're arena challengers, just remember the 1.2 triangle advantage/disadvantage coefficients (both working for you and your enemy) and that damage is rounded down so 13.9 will still give 13 damage in the end. 

If anyone has some data that contradicts my findings, please, post it!

Btw, @VincentASM, I'll tag you since you'll probably make "Calculations" page for Heroes on Serenes at some point in time, right? :)

Edited by Avestus

On 23.02.2017 at 11:23 PM, Avestus said:

And well, since you're arena challengers, just remember the 1.2 triangle advantage/disadvantage coefficients (both working for you and your enemy) and that damage is rounded down so 13.9 will still give 13 damage in the end. 

A tiny addition: the calculations are usually rounded down after every calculation except when you're at a WTD, then the resulting number is rounded up.
Makes no sense, but it's what it is.

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

A tiny addition: the calculations are usually rounded down after every calculation except when you're at a WTD, then the resulting number is rounded up.
Makes no sense, but it's what it is.

I think it might be a matter of the rounding taking place at a different time. For example, if you have 23 Attack, 20% of your Attack is 4.6, which rounds down to 4, so you get +4 with WTA and -4 with WTD.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I think it might be a matter of the rounding taking place at a different time. For example, if you have 23 Attack, 20% of your Attack is 4.6, which rounds down to 4, so you get +4 with WTA and -4 with WTD.

Can be. I assumed (Atk × 0,8) rather than (Atk − Atk × 0,2) but I'm not the biggest math guy.

EDIT: HOWEVER! Buffs seem to be multiplied separately, then rounded down, and added. So you might be right after all.

Edited by Vaximillian

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Can be. I assumed (Atk × 0,8) rather than (Atk − Atk × 0,2) but I'm not the biggest math guy.

EDIT: HOWEVER! Buffs seem to be multiplied separately, then rounded down, and added. So you might be right after all.

When I'm at WTD I use RoundDown(atk/1.2 - def) and it has always worked for me.