Events you'd like to see in the future?

Caster

With the Christmas Robin and Tharja being discovered in the datamine of the game, it's probably safe to assume we're going to be in for quite a few events in the future, holiday or not.

So, what would you be most interested in for an event, or would be looking forward to.

I personally think it'd be pretty neat if we could get a Valentine's Day event this month, especially since it's coming up, and since it would probably help a lot with keeping users playing near the beginning of the game's life-cycle.

So, what do you think? Any thoughts or ideas on events you'd want?

More orbs is always good. 

One thing I would like to see, is having a special event featuring one of the Cipher original characters whenever a new set is released. Like in March you could have a special map featuring Emma, then Shade in June, etc... 

Id like an event where there are 3 different story quests in progress, each on its own difficulty, and if you beat one of em you get to choose freely the certain star ranked hero from the gatcha without having to do a draw. (ex. if you were to do normal, you could only pick from 3 star, hard you pick 4 star, and if you somehow beat lunatic, 5 star) an event that you can only get the reward from once, but its not fully easy to do on higher difficulties. (lunatic would probably disable revive items.) what do you guys think?

If they were to do an event involving getting more orbs, I can see them doing either of the following things:

1) There's special summoning discount, so instead of it taking 20 orbs to do a full session of summoning, it takes to about half. 

2) An event chapter with multiple maps but each map has a specific objective of how to clear it and they give out different rewards.

What the rhythm game that I'm playing does with events and new gatchas, is that for new gatchas, the first roll for that gatcha is discounted to half from the original price. For events, you either are required to clear bingo cards (each space has a specific objective) to get rewards, you go through themed missions, or and the last event is like the arena where you're being ranked by how well and how much you play.

Another thing that gatcha games do pretty often and generously, is that if the amount of downloads the game gets has reached a milestone, everyone gets an x amount of the item needed to roll gatchas as thanks. If the game every crashes or goes through an emergency maintenance, they'll give out the same items as compensation for the inconvenience.  

Edited by carefreejules

37 minutes ago, escotanner said:

I want to see an all you can grab orbs event. Those things are hard to get without paying.

Pretty much what I want I hope they add a Training map for Orbs but a little more stamina cost for balance.

A Summoning discount is also what I want to see.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

1 minute ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Pretty much what I want I hope they add a Training map for Orbs but a little more stamina cost for balance.

I heard that there was a post on Twitter where tomorrow they'll add a map to get orbs.

16 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

A Summoning discount is also what I want to see.

Yeah, I'd like to see a way to get Orbs that doesn't involve real money.  The Story mode maps are good, but a limit resource.

14 minutes ago, escotanner said:

I heard that there was a post on Twitter where tomorrow they'll add a map to get orbs.

Aren't those a one-time bonus, though.  I'm hoping for maps that would be replay able and grant orbs, even if they had a relatively high stamina cost.  Though I'm already hitting Stam costs in the teens, which is a bit excessive.

Hmm...

I can already see a Summer Event that gives characters  swimsuits if Awakening's Summer Scramble and Fate's Beach Brawl are anything to go by. Given that there are multiple worlds, there has to be a place where Alfonso and company can relax (and perhaps the Masked Man and Veronica as well). Please let there be music similar to Conquest of Pride (Burst), that guitar is godlike.

I can also see a Shadows of Valentia themed event in Late April-Early May (Japanesse Release Celebration, American and European Hype Marketing). Maybe they will have monsters or a "dungeon-like" map for the event duration.

I think there will be also be the classic Halloween and Christmas events, with Christmas more or less already confirmed by the dataminers. Halloween could introduce monsters as a gimmick while Christmas may spawn "breakable presents" for cool loot during battles.

Otherwise, I don't know of any crazy events besides the classics. Maybe one day have the player play as the generics against a character team? I have no idea.

Specifically, I'd like to see Leo featured or have him as one of the recruitment maps.  I don't care if he starts as 1 Star, I'll raise him up.

They'll probably do a lot of the usual stuff... A beach event with swimsuits, a festival event with yukata, a Halloween event with costumes, etc.

Some kind of crossover event with special outfits could be cool too, though I dunno what would make sense for them to cross over with. Some other Nintendo franchise I guess (Zelda?), or maybe SMT again. Speaking of, a Tokyo Mirage Sessions event seems pretty likely sooner or later.

I'd also like to see something like a class change event, with characters trying out different classes than usual. Cipher did something similar, I believe.

31 minutes ago, Taxon said:

Ideally I'd like to see some events which allow you to recruit villains from the series. My roster isn't nearly evil enough.

Well, I imagine Narcien, Zephiel, Camus, Michalis, and Ursula will be available in due time.

3 hours ago, Sophie said:

I personally think it'd be pretty neat if we could get a Valentine's Day event this month, especially since it's coming up, and since it would probably help a lot with keeping users playing near the beginning of the game's life-cycle.

A Valentine's Day event would be so cute! If they had more support dialogues and some filler story writing in it, that would be even better! Though I suppose if there were special dialogues for anyone, it'd probably be focused on the new characters like Sharena and Alphonse.  White Day is also pretty popular in East Asian, so they might do something for that?

Naturally, any event that also gives out orbs and feathers would be much appreciated!

For the sake of making money, I doubt there will ever be a permanent feature to grind for orbs even if the cost of stamina is high. In gatcha games, if players want free items that are used towards gatchas, the developers will mostly rely on doing weekly/monthly events for that. 

I've played and know of a ton of gatcha games and they've never had a feature where you can earn free gatcha items that freely.

Edited by carefreejules

I'd personally like to get an event where you can farm Feathers. That would be nice for people who want to get every character they have to 5✰ Level 40 (Which I admit is a nearly impossible task, but one I still wish to try.)

3 hours ago, Taxon said:

Ideally I'd like to see some events which allow you to recruit villains from the series. My roster isn't nearly evil enough.

Yes! I second this. A Nergal/Lyon/Ashnard/Walhart team would be legendary.

As far as other events I'd like to see, something like the extra maps in Awakening  and Fates where each character gets their own bit of monologue/dialogue when you bring them to the map would be cool. Or maps where you have to bring specific characters, kind of like the bonus characters in the Arena, and they have dialogue with whoever they're fighting with/against. Anything that fleshes out characters and has the different generations interacting is good in my book.