The Map Matchup Thread

Magical Glace

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/15/2017 at 6:58 AM, Glaceon Sage said:

Celica's chapter added, friendly reminder we still dunno Xander's GHB.  

The wiki claims its his titular map from Birthright. It's...

map-of-chapter-26-.png

Kind of a match? The problem is they didn't take any notable tile from it and they seemed to add in a random set of pillars in the middle. But if you look at the bottom screen map, some of the line up does match.

On 5/15/2017 at 6:58 AM, Glaceon Sage said:

Celica's chapter added, friendly reminder we still dunno Xander's GHB.  

Could it be Conquest Chapter 12 (Bitter Intrigue)?

Xander's duel map from birthright has a bottom part that looks like the GHB map, but I feel that the middle part of 12 fits better (of course with pillars thrown in the middle)

(here's the map for reference)

IMG_4075.JPG

Just now, Big Smoke said:

Could it be Conquest Chapter 12 (Bitter Intrigue)?

Xander's duel map from birthright has a bottom part that looks like the GHB map, but I feel that the middle part of 12 fits better (of course with pillars thrown in the middle)

(here's the map for reference)

IMG_4075.JPG

This one looks more accurate, I think.

But that's just me.

1 minute ago, Glaceon Sage said:

This one looks more accurate, I think.

But that's just me.

Yay I did something right :) I contributed!

you took the purple out of Xander's name in the op

9 hours ago, Big Smoke said:

Yay I did something right :) I contributed!

you took the purple out of Xander's name in the op

Xander's name was never purple.  Purple indicates Elibe, because Cipher.

I'm labeling all Fates dudes with black (the color of the Nohr cards) because white wouldn't be visible.

Just now, Glaceon Sage said:

I'm labeling all Fates dudes with black (the color of the Nohr cards) because white wouldn't be visible.

Oh. I swear I saw his name purple before you edited it. Whoops lol

16 minutes ago, Glaceon Sage said:

I'm using the Night Forest theme, and this sentence made no sense to me. I have forgotten most people see these forums as white.

As I was doing my business peacefully, the update hit, and with it the datamine!
Paralogue 7 will have three maps and there are Clarisse’s and Legion’s grand hero battles, all based on chapters from New Mystery.

P7-1 is based on Prologue 8 (Assassination of the Hero-King), where an assassination plot on Marth by Katarina gets thwarted.
P7-2 is based on Ch. 13x (Within the White Darkness), where Athena gets recruited and Clarisse gets killed.
P7-3 is based on Ch. 16x (Reunion), where Katarina gets recruited.

Legion’s map is based on Ch. 10x (The Mask Laughs), where Horace gets recruited and an infestation of Legions is dealt with.
Clarisse’s map reminds me of Ch. 20x (Depths of the Abyss), where Eremiah and the rest of her assassin cadre is disposed of. (even though Clarisse is long dead by that moment)

Edited by Vaximillian

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/06/2017 at 6:47 PM, Vaximillian said:

(the Premonition’s map is mostly the same but lacks the lower half).

Hate to go off-topic, but this isn't true. A certain source which shall remain nameless has a cropped version of the map uploaded for its Premonition page, but if you actually play the game, you can scroll over the lower half of the map. It's a bit boring, given that it's empty, but it's there.

On 05.07.2017 at 1:21 PM, Seafarer said:

Hate to go off-topic, but this isn't true. A certain source which shall remain nameless has a cropped version of the map uploaded for its Premonition page, but if you actually play the game, you can scroll over the lower half of the map. It's a bit boring, given that it's empty, but it's there.

You must be right, because I haven’t played any of the 3DS games and am only assuming based on the LPs I read and watched.

Anyway, the Alm & Celica bound hero battle map has been datamined, and it’s very definitely Zofia Castle, the last map of Chapter 1.
Thanks @Korath88!

Edited by Vaximillian

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

You must be right, because I haven’t played any of the 3DS games and am only assuming based on the LPs I read and watched.

Anyway, the Alm & Celica bond hero battle map has been datamined, and it’s very definitely Zofia Castle, the last map of Chapter 1.
Thanks @Korath88!

Is it just me, or is the Bond Hero Battle map very... messily mapped?

Like there's a lot of awkward looking edges between spaces here.  It's weird.

Either way, added.

4 hours ago, Glaceon Sage said:

Is it just me, or is the Bond Hero Battle map very... messily mapped?

Like there's a lot of awkward looking edges between spaces here.  It's weird.

Either way, added.

The messy parts are where breakable walls will go when you actually play it

Hmm, how is this thread not pinned?

Is there a site that has screenshots of all the maps?  I see that SF only has the maps from launch right now.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Alright, Gaiden/E:SoV-savvy peeps, do your best: 12-112-212-312-412-5.

12-1: Tatarrah's map at Alm's Sluice (recruit Delthea).

12-2: Looks like the map where Palla and Catria are allies.

12-3: Desert map before Jesse- that fort was full of archers without Anti-fliers.

12-4: Mila's Temple map.

12-5: Honestly, I don't know.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Berkut’s grand hero battle is upon us! Does this map have a name in E:SoV? (It should)

I believe it's called Forest Crossroads Battle. It's one of Alm's maps in Act 3 and it marks the first time Berkut is fought Fernand is also there along with a generic paladin but who cares about him. As far as the map went in Gaiden, I think it was just a map with three generic paladins.

About 12-5... it actually looks pretty close to being a 2D version of Mila's Chamber in the Temple of Mila. Water everywhere, a bit of rubble, a top-centre bit that you can only approach from below... Anyone else think so?

24 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

About 12-5... it actually looks pretty close to being a 2D version of Mila's Chamber in the Temple of Mila. Water everywhere, a bit of rubble, a top-centre bit that you can only approach from below... Anyone else think so?

Yeah, I kinda get that vibe from it too now that I think about it. Really, that might be the only thing it can be since it doesn't match up with any actual map from Gaiden/Echoes.