Didn't re-roll to start...

Strider

Hello everyone, new to the forum and game but like it so far and would like to get some friendly advice.

At this point I have been playing consistently since it came out but didn't re-roll to start because I didn't really think about it or know much about the game. At this point I do have a couple of 4*s(Sakura, Caeda, Henry, Tharja, and Arthur) but no 5*s to speak of. I was wondering if it would be better to just start over and try to get a 5* or just continue onward with what I have and try and upgrade some 4*'s to 5?

I also have linked my nintendo acct already so am not sure how that would work with trying to re-roll? Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks!

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

That will be pinned over my dead body.

FE is a strategy game first and foremost.  Part of it is learning how to work with what you've got.

Don't be so mad about all this reroll thing.I already replied that arena is my main concern!You need 5stars there and that's for sure!I will delete the pin thing from my original post,i was just trying to be helpful.I don't need any pins,at least not for myself!

10 minutes ago, KiraYagami said:

Don't be so mad about all this reroll thing.I already replied that arena is my main concern!You need 5stars there and that's for sure!I will delete the pin thing from my original post,i was just trying to be helpful.I don't need any pins,at least not for myself!

In which case, you're going to be outclassed by people with deeper pockets than you.  I think the arena's okay, but it's still the AI in the end.  There might be a case for future PvP, but I'll restate my first sentence.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

In which case, you're going to be outclassed by people with deeper pockets than you.  I think the arena's okay, but it's still the AI in the end.  There might be a case for future PvP, but I'll restate my first sentence.

I paid for 10 orbs and that was just for supporting the company.If money matters that much in this game i will stop worrying that much and just play casually.Don't get me wrong,i don't see the reroll thing as a way to overcome others,yeah money still does that better than this,i just wanted people that love some heroes (stats or sexy look) at least have a chance of getting them!I am a noob in FE but a huge anime/manga/figure fan so i needed Camilla so bad,just for the looks! :) i was 19k arena rating and now i tried to enter again and the first two enemies were +5 levels than me...

Edited by KiraYagami

OfdEOv.png
dEsHEK.png
MmLacu.png
tZNbkR.png
o3hndO.png
Ea1DoX.png
JcDJrH.png
waU5Xk.png
qw7ZbP.png
bXOFzD.png
etuZhi.png
kdLtVr.png
8QZVCn.png
kSIo8f.png
repS5Z.png
qrYLhE.png
dZwCAQ.png
ACrc4E.png
JCAQ6B.png
458VfZ.png
R728pe.png
2vW7nK.png

Well...I've got my luck with some of the ones that I really wanted. Wanted Beruka more than Camilla. Wanted Arthur more than Bartre. Got Serra, Florina, Sophia, Abel and Clarine now knowing how they sound like. ^_^...And finding out that Elise, Takumi and Linde are 5 star only characters. Guess I won't ever be getting them because the whole packaging will end after the 14th this month. -.- Great game though. Just gotta increase their stars to get them better skills waiting for the 10k feather rewarding deal.

Edited by PuffPuff

22 hours ago, Strider said:

Hello everyone, new to the forum and game but like it so far and would like to get some friendly advice.

At this point I have been playing consistently since it came out but didn't re-roll to start because I didn't really think about it or know much about the game. At this point I do have a couple of 4*s(Sakura, Caeda, Henry, Tharja, and Arthur) but no 5*s to speak of. I was wondering if it would be better to just start over and try to get a 5* or just continue onward with what I have and try and upgrade some 4*'s to 5?

I also have linked my nintendo acct already so am not sure how that would work with trying to re-roll? Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Might be late in answering, but here goes anyways.

You can't reroll if you have your Account Linked. Also, the chance of Summoning a 5-Star Hero goes up every Stone that doesn't give you a 5-Star Hero until you get one - after like 120-ish you're 100% going to get a 5-Star Hero if your luck is somehow that abysmal. Since you've linked accounts, your best bet is to press on.

16 hours ago, eclipse said:

That will be pinned over my dead body.

FE is a strategy game first and foremost.  Part of it is learning how to work with what you've got.

While I can understand this sentiment, 5* characters are so overpowered in this game that they are pretty much required for the tougher campaign missions and arena battles.  The gulf between even 4* and 5* is massive.  It took me 20(!) summons to finally get a 5* Marth, and he basically solos everything up through Chapter 8 on Hard.

I made the mistake of linking my Nintendo account and claiming the orbs on the first day with no 5* in my initial roll.  If I had known then what I know now, I definitely would have kept rerolling until I got an acceptable starting roster.

I'm curious...how far are you on the campaign?  Chapter 9 on Normal was rough for me even with a party full of 4* characters.  Zephiel is broken beyond all belief, and so far is my only Phoenix Potion (or whatever) used to revive my team during a campaign chapter.

That's not even getting into the ridiculous cost to upgrade characters.  20,000 feathers...what an absurd joke.  I have like 1,500, and I finished pretty decently in the Arena "season".

Edited by Eselred

19 minutes ago, Eselred said:

While I can understand this sentiment, 5* characters are so overpowered in this game that they are pretty much required for the tougher campaign missions and arena battles.  The gulf between even 4* and 5* is massive.  It took me 20(!) summons to finally get a 5* Marth, and he basically solos everything up through Chapter 8 on Hard.

I made the mistake of linking my Nintendo account and claiming the orbs on the first day with no 5* in my initial roll.  If I had known then what I know now, I definitely would have kept rerolling until I got an acceptable starting roster.

I'm curious...how far are you on the campaign?  Chapter 9 on Normal was rough for me even with a party full of 4* characters.  Zephiel is broken beyond all belief, and so far is my only Phoenix Potion (or whatever) used to revive my team during a campaign chapter.

That's not even getting into the ridiculous cost to upgrade characters.  20,000 feathers...what an absurd joke.  I have like 1,500, and I finished pretty decently in the Arena "season".

I disagree. 5* are ofcourse better than 4*, but the difference is not as big as most people think it is in my opinion. Team composition is by far the most important thing in this game, not just having 5* units. If you can have both, then great, but the game is very much beatable with 4*'s only. If you really can't do it, give the Tower a try and level up some of your units before trying again.

I agree with the feathercost though, 20.000 is a whole lot when you see that actions like 'greeting' gives you around 10-15 feathers a day and sending home a units gives you only 300 feathers. I believe it shouldn't be TOO easy to get 5* units, but 20.000 seems like a bit too much.

1 minute ago, Birdy said:

I disagree. 5* are ofcourse better than 4*, but the difference is not as big as most people think it is in my opinion. Team composition is by far the most important thing in this game, not just having 5* units. If you can have both, then great, but the game is very much beatable with 4*'s only. If you really can't do it, give the Tower a try and level up some of your units before trying again.

I agree with the feathercost though, 20.000 is a whole lot when you see that actions like 'greeting' gives you around 10-15 feathers a day and sending home a units gives you only 300 feathers. I believe it shouldn't be TOO easy to get 5* units, but 20.000 seems like a bit too much.

Negative.  The difference between 4* and 5* is massive, in terms of stats and skills.

For example, once in the Arena (on "Intermediate tier lol), a 5* Linde soloed my entire team of 4*s.  42 MAG and 32 SPD at level 20-something...trololol

7 minutes ago, Eselred said:

Negative.  The difference between 4* and 5* is massive, in terms of stats and skills.

For example, once in the Arena (on "Intermediate tier lol), a 5* Linde soloed my entire team of 4*s.  42 MAG and 32 SPD at level 20-something...trololol

Arena =/= Story. If you're not level 40, intermediate and especially advanced put you up against players which units are much higher leveled than yours. Also, Linde is known for having high offensive damage, but she's super squishy aside from that. I guess you couldn't get to her, seeing as she killed 4 units and she has no counterattack at 1 range?

7 hours ago, Eselred said:

Finished Normal, doing a lot of tower grinding because my current team is a little too low-leveled for 8-5 on Hard.  Fae needs something like ten more levels, because I absolutely need a green unit that can take a magic hit.  Swordie!Corrin's staying, may swap Virion for Gordin once I get the feathers for the latter's promotion, and not sure if I want a healer or Olivia in the last slot.  If my team isn't doing enough damage, then I use Raigh instead of Corrin.  None of these are 5*, and Gordin/Olivia/Raigh are 3*.

I agree that the feather cost is ridiculous.  Unless you're aiming for top spots in the arena (which I'd advise against, because those who shelled out more money than I spend on a month's worth of food will occupy those), it shouldn't be an issue.

20 hours ago, eclipse said:

Finished Normal, doing a lot of tower grinding because my current team is a little too low-leveled for 8-5 on Hard.  Fae needs something like ten more levels, because I absolutely need a green unit that can take a magic hit.  Swordie!Corrin's staying, may swap Virion for Gordin once I get the feathers for the latter's promotion, and not sure if I want a healer or Olivia in the last slot.  If my team isn't doing enough damage, then I use Raigh instead of Corrin.  None of these are 5*, and Gordin/Olivia/Raigh are 3*.

I agree that the feather cost is ridiculous.  Unless you're aiming for top spots in the arena (which I'd advise against, because those who shelled out more money than I spend on a month's worth of food will occupy those), it shouldn't be an issue.

You guys do know you can use My Nintendo Platinum Coins to buy Dueling Crests and Light's Blessings, right? I just used up a couple hundred PCs for an LB for 8-5.

3 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

You guys do know you can use My Nintendo Platinum Coins to buy Dueling Crests and Light's Blessings, right? I just used up a couple hundred PCs for an LB for 8-5.

May do this if my plan doesn't work (involves cheesing things with Fae).  I'd rather spend 'em on Stamina Potions.

On 7/2/2017 at 8:22 PM, SoulWeaver said:

Might be late in answering, but here goes anyways.

You can't reroll if you have your Account Linked. Also, the chance of Summoning a 5-Star Hero goes up every Stone that doesn't give you a 5-Star Hero until you get one - after like 120-ish you're 100% going to get a 5-Star Hero if your luck is somehow that abysmal. Since you've linked accounts, your best bet is to press on.

You can reroll after the Nintendo Linking.When you Delete Data it says that your account link will be also deleted after that.

On 07/02/2017 at 1:57 PM, Eselred said:

As someone who had 3.2k offensive points last week and 3.8k this week, I can confidently tell you that you are wrong.

Screenshot_20170209-042342_edit_14866433