Your biggest mistake(s) in this game is?

Ryuke

Just a topic where you post your mistake in this game. Since this game changes from the regular mechanic of FE games.

Here's some of mine.

1) I took 4 Red against 4 Blue in training tower. It was my B team, figured I could work around it ... But... it felt like the Yied Massacre (Spoiler: Dont look it up if you dont know it)

2) Using a wyvern/peg knight but is so afraid to go near Archer. Archer in this game doesnt hurt Wyvern/Peg Knight as much as in regular FE games. With a well trained flier, they probably deal 50-60% heal. Whereas in the game = 1 shot -- if you are playing w/o extra exp boost.

3) Lunge, Drag Back, Shove, Reposition etc... I love how AI gets so fancy with this and keep abusing it. I bought Lunge and now regretting it because its a 100% lunge (Rather: Optional).

4) Arena = Go to Lunatic. Win 2/3 ... Always lose in the 3rd one... I cannot believe the game dont like me.

1. Not checking enemy weapons in high difficulties. I lost a character to a Brave Weapon. Still beat the map though.

2. Not checking enemy skills in higher difficulties. One generic had Miracle. It took me by surprise, but I still killed it without too much concern.

3. Realizing too late that this game is simply color based and does not have separate triangles. So, a Blue Tome will beat a Red Sword, for example. (I was separating the physical weapon triangle and the elemental magic triangle, like in the Tellius games. In Heroes, everything is purely by color.)

4. Sending Ryoma into enemy lines to act like Yukimura from Samurai Warriors. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not...

Just now, Sire said:

4. Sending Ryoma into enemy lines to act like Yukimura from Samurai Warriors. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not...

Ryoma confermed character for fire emblem warriors? XP

Not re-rolling, mostly since even though I'd linked my account a guaranteed 5* is better than 10 free orbs. Have yet to get a 5* but at this point I have so many good 4* I wouldn't want to re-roll.

Also accidentally tapped to spend orbs on stamina regen near the start since I'd just completed a stamina potion quest and assumed they'd go directly to inventory rather than having to click to redeem the rewards. Similar issues with controls near the beginning until I changed them to want confirmation, so I can move and then attack rather than both being one thing.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

More times than I can count, accidentally moving my unit without having them attack anything.

thats why i went to options and changed auto to tap, so i can make sure im doing something without prematurely ending my turn.

2 minutes ago, Thany said:

thats why i went to options and changed auto to tap, so i can make sure im doing something without prematurely ending my turn.

I'll have to check the options.  I didn't know you could change that.

I should say my biggest mistake was actually not disabling the sound before trying to get a quick map in during a slow period at work.  Having my phone scream "FIRE EMBLEM: HEROES!" was not exactly professional.

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

More times than I can count, accidentally moving my unit without having them attack anything.

11 minutes ago, Thany said:

Me so much. I will change it soon.

1 hour ago, Thany said:

using 3 whole revives in the final mission of chapter 9... i thought i had a good team till i had to deal with that massacre .

Dont worry. I used one on 9-4. Which to me was harder than 9-5 simply because by 5* was Roy which took out Veronica in one hit but is ineffective against Zacharius (if that's even him)

1 hour ago, mewyeon said:

Underestimating how limited unit movement is in each map.  I think I know where I want them to go, and then when I try to move them, they can't get to where they need to be.  Death ensues.

Yeah... These Bow Man + Cavalry. Then when you put them together good luck running from that. Pegasus Knight also are annoying givin all the wall.

50 minutes ago, nordopolica said:

Not re-rolling to get Hector. Spending money on orbs and still not getting Hector. Not having Hector while every Arena team I go up against seems to have one.

I cringe so hard... I rerolled Hector in day one. Decide to not persue it because ... I thought by 4* was good enough. Until ... later that day. I realized it takes 20K feathers. So ... nvm. I later rerolled a Roy the next day. I will take it... since I rolled 2 other 5* after that (Raven, Tharja ... not exactly my favourite but I dont hate them)

1 minute ago, Ryuke said:

Dont worry. I used one on 9-4. Which to me was harder than 9-5 simply because by 5* was Roy which took out Veronica in one hit but is ineffective against Zacharius (if that's even him)

I to used one in 9-4, but only because the surprize archer from nowhere killed my archer when i was setting him up to counter the mage hardcore in the beginning.

2 minutes ago, Thany said:

I to used one in 9-4, but only because the surprize archer from nowhere killed my archer when i was setting him up to counter the mage hardcore in the beginning.

Always a problem

1) Do they move? Whatever. First let me reposition my units.

2a) Oh they move... great. Now my unit is off.

2b) Oh they dont move... let's see. That's a good position.
Now... who do I sent off to Leeroy Jenkins. *Checks Defense/Res  || Attack*

Next Turn: Goddamn it... they abuse Drag back/Lunge ... RIP character.
Or ... where did the Archer/Mage/Fighter comes from?
Or ... yay I survive... Now I need to move this unit out ... crap... he's stuck. RIP

My biggest mistake was underestimating a 5* Takumi.  Of course he had close counter, but I didn't realize until too late.  I killed everyone else, but that memetastic PoS killed everyone but Oboro, who was destined to die in any encounter with him.  I still don't hate him; I'm just disappointed in him.

I'm not counting "not re-rolling" as a mistake because A) I like to actually be challenged instead of abusing a system like that so that I can breeze through the game and B) I actually got some characters I like and some good 4* units.  But that's just me...  I understand those who got a bunch of crummy 3* Stahls or whatever wanting to reroll.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I should say my biggest mistake was actually not disabling the sound before trying to get a quick map in during a slow period at work.  Having my phone scream "FIRE EMBLEM: HEROES!" was not exactly professional.

It could've been worse; you could've accidentally tapped the icon on the top right of a character's screen and had them say something that might be a little NSFW.  That being said, if I were in your situation, I might've curled up in a corner out of sheer embarrassment.  Still, imagine your phone just bursting out with Niles saying, "Now now... be gentle"

1 hour ago, Sarki said:

Merging a 4 ★ Virion into my default 3 ★ Virion - whom I put much more work into with stats & skills/equips - then dismissing him out of disappointment.

i did the same, but with a level 2 sophia into a level 1 sophia, i didnt fully understand the mechanic at the time and thought going to my smaller unit for more sp was a better idea. now i know better.

I must admit, I didn't fully understand that mechanic entirely and took me more effort than it should reading through it. It's pretty stupid for the same high ★ unit with better stat caps & skill access to not inherit those to the lesser ★ unit (or outright equate them with the base units ★  ranking.) Do you really think I'm eager to train up the same unit all over again? Hero Feathers don't come cheap bruh!

Edited by Sarki

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

This is painfully relatable. I was in an Arena fight and accidentally made Azura move back instead of attacking Lucina, who she would have wiped out. This mistake instead sent her straight into the range of an Axe user and Lucina proceeded to kill off my Felicia, orz. I'm probably also going to look into that Auto/Tap feature on the settings, because I didn't know that existed.

Another mistake I made was overestimating Subaki's Atk (vice versa, underestimating enemy Def). I was trying to complete the "KO 20+ enemies with a flier" quest and Subaki was my only choice, and I figured I could have Subaki chip off 20+ enemies to death and created a higher leveled team structured to bring down enemy HP (without killing them off). Alas it turned out Subaki could only deal 0/1 damage, even with a rally from Sharena and a debuff from Felicia.

Also, the very first time I started the game, I pulled a 5* Lyn and a 4* Florina, but I threw the account away because I checked the pull thread and figured 2 5*'s/3 4*'s were plausible and that Lyn wasn't worth it... to be fair, my 5* Azura serves me well because most arena superstars are red units but still..!

Edited by Minischew

Doing one summon and leaving trying to get a specified 5 star character. As I've found out that you have to blow 20 orbs to do a full summon as the odds of getting them will not increase otherwise.