assuming you've played for a while now, how would you rate this game?

geozeldadude

assuming you've played for a while now, how would you rate this game?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. assuming you've played for a while now, how would you rate this game?

• 10 - perfect as is
    • 9 - a fantastic game, with only a small number of minor flaws
    • 8 - some flaws but overall a great game
    • 7 - more good than bad
    • 5 - equally good and bad
    • 3 - more bad than good
    • 1 - terrible. nothing good about it.

i currently give the game an 8. i played it obsessively the first few days it was out, and now i'm still playing it an hour a day. trying to level up my main team takes a lot of stamina, but i'm fine playing it in short bursts and training up my other teams, playing around with combinations/characters, etc. i can see myself playing this game for a long while (even though my pulls haven't been that great; only got two 5* so far out of 5 or so pulls).

Edited by geozeldadude

I would rate it an 8 as well, it does have a few flaws the error codes happening at random come to mind but for a F2P game it is pretty good.  I tend to play in 15-20 minute bursts and then give it a break but I can see myself playing it until they stop adding new things.  I was worried that they would make hard for people to play for free but they have done a good job and with the stamina potions I can get from my Nintendo for all my platinum coins I won't have many problems with not putting real money in to the game.  I can hope that they will make the stamina bar bigger at some point, but since you can make it bigger by using orbs I don't see that happening since orbs are how they make money from the game.

8/10. It's pretty fun for a free-to-play game.

The quality of the graphics is fantastic. I love the sprites so much. And it's good to have some new dialogue for our favourite characters.

I'd like to have seen a little more story, but considering I've sunk $0 into this game so far, I'm not complaining.

I would rate 9/10. I've been loving this game (since playing from JP launch). It's certainly better and much more generous (mainly the gacha system) than a bunch of other gacha games (both JP and EN) I played. 

I'm definitely looking forward for more content, updates and events. Also especially the coming rumored multiplayer mode (??? locked icon). 

Pros:

-The game looks great.  Legit.  The chibi spritework is adorable, most of the art is nice.

-The actual core gameplay, the maps, is actually very well designed for working with so little.

-music is lovely

-chance of five stars going up longer you go summoning without any

-Battles are not luck based as far as I can tell.  Every victory is the Player's alone, never the RNG's.

-ROY IS ACTUALLY A GOOD UNIT AAAAAH

-I really like the Skill Point system.  They should use that in the main games.

Cons:

-friend list is almost completely pointless.

-No Wolt.  T-T

-Upgrading a 4* unit is prohibitively expensive, and quite frankly the price is overkill.

-No repositioning

-Healing doesn't scale with level.

-Arena scoring isn't explained anywhere.

-Hard/Lunatic levels give no more orbs (or any reward really) than a Normal one, which I think is a bit unfair.  

-Eliwood's EYES, man.  They stare into thy soul.

-No map preview, or telling of what unit types (infantry, Cavalry, armor, flying, etc.) you'll face.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

2 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Cons:

-Hard/Lunatic levels give no more orbs (or any reward really) than a Normal one, which I think is a bit unfair.  

Please don't spread false information. Correction: You can earn an orb for completing chapter missions and there are quests rewards for completing a chapter on hard mode/lunatic. 

10 minutes ago, SparkNorkx said:

Please don't spread false information. Correction: You can earn an orb for completing chapter missions and there are quests rewards for completing a chapter on hard mode/lunatic. 

Completing a story chapter on Normal gives 1 orb.  Completeing in on Hard also gives 1 orb.  Completeing it on Lunatic gives 1 orb.

that's what I was referring to.  Not quests.

3 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Completing a story chapter on Normal gives 1 orb.  Completeing in on Hard also gives 1 orb.  Completeing it on Lunatic gives 1 orb.

that's what I was referring to.  Not quests.

Ah, thought you literally meant you can't receive any orbs per mission and there's no quest rewards. My bad then. 

8/10. It's cute and fun for what it is, and works nicely when I'm in a mood for some bite-sized Fire Emblem gameplay. I feel like the more I play Heroes, the more I miss the actual FE experience, so it's enjoyable only in short bursts. It's never going to beat a full-blown FE game, but it's doing a good job with rekindling my interest in the older games in the series

The new artwork is mostly very pretty and everyone - especially the characters from the unlocalized games - having English voice acting is delightfully bizarre. I have no interest in spending any money on Heroes, because I'm fine with getting any character - even those who I happened to bench in their original games.

I agree that having a little map preview and a chance to position my units would make me enjoy Heroes more. I'd also like to form my teams without having to go back to the Allies tab.

Edited by Carnation

8/10 for me. loving every minute of it and I can't wait to see whats to come.

my only downsides are the limited friend list, price of the orbs, energy and maybe some balance issues. but once the game has been out for a while I'm sure it will start to settle in and it will become even better.

6 or 7.  Heroes is a pretty decent Fire Emblem Lite that you can play on your phone, but the horrible Gacha and the absolutely ridiculous 20,000 feather requirement to upgrade ONE character to 5* are both pretty awful decisions.

I also don't think people realize that after the "launch celebration", equipping a skill will cost 5 Stamina each time, and the training missions will double in Stamina cost.  With no way to increase your Stamina (so far), I see Stamina issues becoming a very big deal.

It's still a decent game, but I'd prefer to spend $20-$30 for a "real" game instead of this F2P Gacha nonsense.

I'll rate it 8 'til they decrease the amount of feathers needed to upgrade a 4* character into a 5* one cuz 20000 is truly a nightmare.

Otherwise great game, had a great time playing it and i'm looking forward to play the new content arriving soon such as new characters, events etc..

It gets a 5 from me.

PROS:

The character artwork is far better than anticipated, and fanservice (in a sexual sense) is kept to a minimum.

The game is free, and handled better in some aspects compared to other F2P games.

Graphics are good.

Voice Acting is strong around the board.

The games difficulty does rise later on.

The cast while biased in favour of newer games + Akaneia does feature a good assortment of Elibe characters.

As annoying as I may find 2 range exclusive mages, it is a good idea for balance.

CONS:

The game lacks optional permadeath, meaning it feels watered down. Worse yet, those who want to play with the Reset!permadeath mindset are faced with increasingly higher stamina rates.

Stamina stays stagnant.

Maps are simple and lack any objective variety. Makes Awakening look like Thracia.

No items, weapons tied to skills.

No inventory management.

No weapon durability or drawbacks.

Bland story and characters

7/10. As this game has really nasty flaws, I will list what I liked first.

This game has really good aesthetics. The chibi map spirited are charming, the portraits are really solid (with the exception of a couple stinkers), and the voices are well done, like Clarine's "I'm better than you dog" voice. And having characters that are not from the 3DS games voiced is very nice, as well as hearing Marth and Roy speak in English. The gameplay is nice, it is FE, but with only 4 units available, weapon and class MUs become more important, as the enemies may counterpick your team. Skill focus is very present like in the 3DS games, but with randomized units you either gamble or work with what you have, which is a very nice change of pace from Camilla Emblem or Ryoma Emblem. 

And now why this game blows.

This game is a worse version of Gaiden. Tedious grinding, tedious grinding, and more tedious grinding. Getting the feathers and badges is tedious and how much do you need is absurd. 20000?! On top of needing the badges which are harder to obtain?! What were they thinking!? Why it is so hard to promote units in a game where you are likely to get bad units? But all of that grinding wouldn't be SO bad (except the big badges), if it weren't for the stamina system. If you want to get feathers, badges, or level up for beating hard chapters you have to grind and waste your stamina there, and you barely get crap there. The stamina used in the harder chapters is ridiculous. If you lose trying again will drain the stamina bar to 0 and getting it back wastes orbs, and the reason to beat Lunatic/Hard chapters is to get orbs. I also find the orbs to be managed poorly and shamelessly. To summon heroes you have to pay orbs (and you can get bad units with the limited orbs they give you) and when I saw the Direct, I thought that the orb discount would remain after summoning, but no, the discount only applies in one summoning session and you have to pay 5 again. To get the discount you have to waste all your orbs, so the discount might as well don't exist, because after the first summon session you will likely have very few orbs to pay during the later chapters because stamina on Lunatic and Hard are nonsense. A little bias here, but I'm not in the mood to buy orbs with real money because México is super expensive. My last gripe with FE Heroes is that it can only be played with internet. Added that it drains data in a second, it kills the purpose of being a portable game in the first place, which is why this game is grindfest based. 

I liked the game, but it has stupid decisions behind it.

Edited by L9999

I give this game an 8.  It's definitely one of the better mobile/gacha games I have played.  The qualms I have with it are what many others have said before, promoting 4* character requirements are really heavy, there's no way to increase your stamina, some Hard/Lunatic battles are ridiculous, and having friends don't really benefit you other than giving you a painful 5 feathers each day.

However, this game is fun and quite honestly pretty solid for a mobile Fire Emblem game.   It has longevity with the potential of more story chapters, paralogue chapters, and special chapters.

I will say that while a lot of people do hate the gacha of this game, it's definitely more forgiving than the gacha of Fate/Grand Order where you rarely get the crystals you need to summon more Servants and the cost to even summon Servants is 30 crystals for maybe 10 Servants of a variety of different levels.  I'll take the maximum of 5 Heroes over the random and maybe 10 Servants of Fate/GO.

2 hours ago, DeoGame said:

CONS:

The game lacks optional permadeath, meaning it feels watered down. Worse yet, those who want to play with the Reset!permadeath mindset are faced with increasingly higher stamina rates.

Maps are simple and lack any objective variety. Makes Awakening look like Thracia.

Permadeath, even if optional, would be a terrible decision for this game. Besides, it's offset by the fact that units who fall in battle lose any experience they got during the battle, so that should be more than enough incentive to keep them up.

Given the size of a phone, there really isn't a lot of room for objective variety.

I'd say probably... six or seven.

- Grinding my characters up to be strong and powerful is fun.  Grinding for feathers and orbs... not so much.  On that note, needing so many feathers for 5* characters... I mean, I get it's a "rarity" level, but 20,000 is utter BS unless there's some other way to more efficiently collect feathers than there currently is.  Badges are just another seemingly pointless pain.

- Story leaves a lot to be desired.  I mean, it's not particularly dumb like Conquest, but instead it's very dry.  I know it's to be expected with a mobile gacha game, but I don't always like when things go "as expected".  Come on, surprise me, devs!

- The simplified mechanics work, but they don't feel like FE.  Without skill and luck, all events are certain; you know your units will receive this amount of damage, and you know they'll deal such and such damage.  Some say this is a good thing, but uncertainty makes for an on-point strategy game because let's face it, nothing in war is certain.  I also like strategizing around the RNG; it feels so much more fulfilling.

- People are complaining about no permadeath, but I honestly think keeping it would make this game so much more annoying than it already is unless they did something to really balance things out.  I mean, can you imagine you grinded for 20,000 feathers or got really lucky and got a 5* rarity character, only for them to die because of a cheap bow user?  I'd be absolutely livid, knowing I'd have to go through all that pain again.

- Shanna and Oboro, best waifu warriors, 10/10, even though neither of them are 5* units (not yet, anyway)

- That last point isn't even relevant, and neither is this one... what am I even doing anymore?

8 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

-Eliwood's EYES, man.  They stare into thy soul.

I know... they remind of a badly animated cartoon or whatever.  Like if you took a random still during an action packed scene and happened upon a frame where the artists just said "f**k it, let's see what we can get away with".  Okay, that's an exaggeration, but that face makes me feel legitimately uncomfortable.

8/10 for me.  The feather costs are really lame, as is not keeping those + units after promotion.  I think there needs to be a system where stamina can be increased from its current cap, because part of the fun of this game for me is killing my units. . .really.  I learn just how much flak they can take, which helps me to figure out how to better use them.  For now, I'm abusing the everliving daylights out of the training tower.  Need to get as many Great Badges as possible, while it's cheap!  Also, the RL money costs are wonky.

But otherwise, it's a fun little game that forces me to think far too hard, and I like it~!

8/10
+ Stamina cost is very high towards end lvls for both training and Chapters. 
+ Stamina not enough to feel comfortable playing when at end levels. (I dont wanna play a game with only 3 dungeons then wait 4 hours)
+ Grinding is a pain for feathers. With only about at the very least 3-4 upgrades from 4* to 5* within the span of 1 year if you only did nothing but Arena and thats even if you got First place
+ Hopefully more options to get orbs, materials
+ Why was dancing not given exp like heals?
+ Love gameplay. Very simple and yet higher lvls, requires you to think and manage parties efficiently. They kept what FE gameplay is.
+ Since they attempted to promise, 2 weeks for new content (which is normal for a gacha)
+ Plenty of characters. Make your dream party
+ The story is interesting, but I feel we can get better content in the future when more is revealed.
+ 20 stones for a full 5 pull than the normal 50 stone gacha! Count me in! And their gacha rates are the highest I ever seen in a Gacha game for me.
+ Hoping for more multiplayer content maybe (Friends help you, visit friends and see their party?)
+ Amazing art work and has details for each character. Each character has multiple artwork which is amazing.

7/10. I like a lot of the gameplay improvements they've made, but it's definitely not perfect-- inability to arrange units on the map can potentially be a huge liability (for me it makes it feel like armor units aren't worth using at all on some maps), and the existence of Bow Knights as enemy-only harassment units is aggravating and just feels like kind of a cheap design choice. 

As far as F2P/freemium games go I kind of have a bit of an objection with the model itself, but I don't think I can really judge the game on that so it's not totally accounted for. (I did find it hard to actually enjoy the game without any characters that I liked, but that's sort of the nature of the beast, I suppose... at least the option to start over is somewhat doable)

On the other hand I really like the game's aesthetics; the battle sprites are really nice, the weapons are cool, and I like the designs of the various interfaces and all the norse-inspired logos and such. Actual character art is a bit hit-and-miss, but there's enough to enjoy most of them IMO. 

Edited by BANRYU

I would honestly give it a solid 8. A pretty fun game all around.

Despite the game being nothing but rout objectives, later levels really do make for some challenging strategy. The overall gameplay just works really well. The music, both old and new, is pretty good as well.

Story is pretty much what I expected and while there's nothing really noteworthy about it, there's nothing terrible either. It's a simple enough premise that allows for them to add as they go, so I like it in that regard.

All in all, there's great potential and I can't wait to see what new features and such will be added in the coming months.