assuming you've played for a while now, how would you rate this game?

geozeldadude

assuming you've played for a while now, how would you rate this game?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. assuming you've played for a while now, how would you rate this game?

• 10 - perfect as is
    • 9 - a fantastic game, with only a small number of minor flaws
    • 8 - some flaws but overall a great game
    • 7 - more good than bad
    • 5 - equally good and bad
    • 3 - more bad than good
    • 1 - terrible. nothing good about it.

For a free to play game - it's incredibly solid and in makes the inner fire emblem fan in may squeal with joy .

Once we get to chapter 6/7+ i actually begin to find it reasonably challenging.

Although this whole orbs/summoning thing is such a huge marketing gimmick, there are still heaps of features that I am enjoying without paying through my nose for orbs.

and of course ... 10/10 for the solid plot. (lol jk.)

Overall a 7, compared to games in general.  This is the first mobile game I've put a significant amount of time in but from what I've heard about other mobile and gacha games I'd probably bump that up to an 8 or 9 compared to those types of games.

In terms of gameplay it is solid.  Stays very true to the source material and only deviates where necessary.

Lack of the ability to choose unit locations is fine to me.  Most of the time the enemy will not advance until you step into their range anyways so you have plenty of time to rearrange your positioning.  20,000 feathers to upgrade a 4* is also fine.  Means you wont see full 5* teams everywhere and gives you a reason to keep playing.  The game is a gacha and not a trainya, after all.

My complaints lie with the progression system, though that could be my lack of experience with this genre of game.  I would like to be able to at least summon a character somewhat regularly after all the one-off orb allocations wear off, though I understand that is directly tied into their income. Worse than that is something I agree on with most other people, the stamina system.  I understand if you want to make my progression slow, just let me play the damn game.

My biggest complaint is in my options to spend money on this game.  Until you spend money on orbs you're playing the game for free and progression is very slow.  This is OK because I haven't spent anything yet.  Say I buy some orbs.  Cool, my progression has been boosted with a number of new characters for me to train.  From that boosted point in my progression my progress continues from there at the same, very slow rate.  This is an issue to me because I want to spend money on this game to support it but I see that doing so offers no benefit to my overall rate of progression, the main detriment I see to the game.

Give me an option to buy overall faster progression.  $50 to permanently increase maximum stamina to 200, 100 even.  $25 to increase the number of orbs I get per day logging in by 1.  $100 for a free summon each day.  I don't care if the prices are exorbitant, I am more willing to pay for these options than $40 for 75 orbs.

As it stands I'll probably throw some money at the game at some point for the enjoyment it's given me and eventually go back to finishing off new mystery before echoes is released.

1 hour ago, Skrawl said:

Overall a 7, compared to games in general.  This is the first mobile game I've put a significant amount of time in but from what I've heard about other mobile and gacha games I'd probably bump that up to an 8 or 9 compared to those types of games.

In terms of gameplay it is solid.  Stays very true to the source material and only deviates where necessary.

Lack of the ability to choose unit locations is fine to me.  Most of the time the enemy will not advance until you step into their range anyways so you have plenty of time to rearrange your positioning.  20,000 feathers to upgrade a 4* is also fine.  Means you wont see full 5* teams everywhere and gives you a reason to keep playing.  The game is a gacha and not a trainya, after all.

My complaints lie with the progression system, though that could be my lack of experience with this genre of game.  I would like to be able to at least summon a character somewhat regularly after all the one-off orb allocations wear off, though I understand that is directly tied into their income. Worse than that is something I agree on with most other people, the stamina system.  I understand if you want to make my progression slow, just let me play the damn game.

My biggest complaint is in my options to spend money on this game.  Until you spend money on orbs you're playing the game for free and progression is very slow.  This is OK because I haven't spent anything yet.  Say I buy some orbs.  Cool, my progression has been boosted with a number of new characters for me to train.  From that boosted point in my progression my progress continues from there at the same, very slow rate.  This is an issue to me because I want to spend money on this game to support it but I see that doing so offers no benefit to my overall rate of progression, the main detriment I see to the game.

Give me an option to buy overall faster progression.  $50 to permanently increase maximum stamina to 200, 100 even.  $25 to increase the number of orbs I get per day logging in by 1.  $100 for a free summon each day.  I don't care if the prices are exorbitant, I am more willing to pay for these options than $40 for 75 orbs.

As it stands I'll probably throw some money at the game at some point for the enjoyment it's given me and eventually go back to finishing off new mystery before echoes is released.

i agree with pretty much everything you said, although using orbs to upgrade your castle (and increase your EXP earn rate) does fit along the lines of what you were wanting in terms of faster progression. i thought i'd read somewhere you could also increase the size of your stamina bar, but not sure if that's true.

Just now, geozeldadude said:

i agree with pretty much everything you said, although using orbs to upgrade your castle (and increase your EXP earn rate) does fit along the lines of what you were wanting in terms of faster progression.

I suppose you are right.  Maybe I am being too harsh.

The pricing thing aside, I'd say for the scope of a mobile game, it's pretty dam good. I'd like more content, like characters, game modes and ideally, a feature that takes advantage of using such a huge roster of characters ala a suikoden tactical battle where a unit is made up of multiple characters and the like. It may not be completely faithful to the FE franchise, but it's a good idea for this kind of game. There's a lot of things this could do to encourage play, but meh, it's pretty dam good.