Capibara´s splicing nightmare

Capibarainspace

I made some updates to the healer, she is probably my most redesigned mug:

AymaraHB2.png.fee51ebe5c547bddfdbbd826838d22f2.png

The hair is supposed to be puffy but I might trim it a bit later.  Blinking frames are not done because I hate them lol. Seriously, I have to remind myself not to use fe6 eyes since you need to make them from scratch.

And my first Tearring Saga GBA mug, Mel! (original to the right)

Mel3.png.243c718a8f94fff45592c288bae26460.pngMel.png.4994169e51ddaa3cc2f158a7c00f85a7.png

Since its not an original character there´s a mix of custom parts and resizing along with splicing. I may need more work on this one but for now its acceptable

I´ll probably do more TRS mugs.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that first one. Although, change Fir's hair. They are really bad (even on original sprite). Looks like she has way too much hair on her head.

As for you second one, I think you can customize it a bit more! Proportions really seems good.

Her hair on our right side is really pillow shaded. There is a bit too much shade ''out of the blue''. Use shading to show us where the ''hair are starting'' (if i can express that way), A tad more like Karla and/or Isadore might give you an idea of what i mean. Also you could check soren artwork to get some other ideas (at least on how you can add ''movement'' in her hair). There is also too much dark shade on the cloak

14 hours ago, Kratos Aurion said:

I like that first one. Although, change Fir's hair. They are really bad (even on original sprite). Looks like she has way too much hair on her head.

As for you second one, I think you can customize it a bit more! Proportions really seems good.

Her hair on our right side is really pillow shaded. There is a bit too much shade ''out of the blue''. Use shading to show us where the ''hair are starting'' (if i can express that way), A tad more like Karla and/or Isadore might give you an idea of what i mean. Also you could check soren artwork to get some other ideas (at least on how you can add ''movement'' in her hair). There is also too much dark shade on the cloak

About the first one... the truth is that´s a recycled Linoan hair :lol:. Why? No idea, lol, but I agree.

Yep, hair was the most difficult part because I had to do it nearly from scratch. I couldn´t find similar original mugs and resizing it was just adding more work. Also, I struggle with the movement versus the sharp "cuts" of the edges. 

I´ll use your tips, thanks!!

• 4 weeks later...