Ice Dragon's stats research: Stats, calculations, and whatnot

Ice Dragon

Ice Dragon here. Some of the older folks might still remember me, or at least I hope so.

The release of Heroes has finally gotten me back to Fire Emblem mostly because as a mobile game, I can tap away at my desk at work without drawing any unwanted attention, and the stamina system keeps me from wasting all of my time on it. Not to brag, but with a bit more disposable income than average, I can do a decent amount of research on my own. With no other games to fill the void for the past few days, I thought I'd dump some time and money into an old hobby. Better late than never.

I don't see any of this information lying around anywhere, and I don't frequent places like Reddit where I hear much of this research stuff is done, so I thought I'd share a few things.

If there is other research going on, feel free to point me. I probably won't read it until I'm done just so I have something to occupy my time, though. I'm sure some dataminers or crowd-sourced project has better results than me. Oh well.

Speed calculations

Spoiler

Basically, how to determine how many times a unit will attack.

• Normal situation
    • If the difference between the two combatant's Spd is greater than or equal to 5, the combatant with greater Spd will perform a follow-up attack.
    • If the difference between the two combatant's Spd is less than 5, neither combatant will perform a follow-up attack.
  • Skill activations
    • Skills affecting whether a unit will perform a follow-up attack are as follows (and effect when active conditions are met):
      • All Weaponbreaker skills, e.g. Swordbreaker
        • Unit always performs a follow-up attack
        • Opponent is prevented from performing a follow-up attack
      • Brash Assault
      • Quick Riposte
      • Wary Fighter
        • Unit is prevented from performing a follow-up attack
        • Opponent is prevented from performing a follow-up attack
    • If a unit has an effect that allows it to always perform a follow-up attack, but not an effect that prevents it from performing a follow-up attack, the unit will always perform a follow-up attack.
    • If a unit has an effect that prevents it from performing a follow-up attack, but not an effect that allows it to always perform a follow-up attack, the unit cannot perform a follow-up attack under any circumstance.
    • If a unit has both an effect that allows it to always perform a follow-up attack and an effect that prevents it from performing a follow-up attack, the unit will perform a follow-up attack if and only if its Spd is greater than its opponent's Spd and the difference is greater than or equal to 5.
      • To test: Hector with Armads and Wary Fighter against an opponent with Spd 5 or more below. Hector should double attack.
    • It is possible for both combatants to perform follow-up attacks.
  • Order of combat
    • If the defending unit has Vantage active and is capable of counterattacking, the defending unit attacks.
    • The attacking unit attacks.
    • If the attacking unit's weapon attacks twice consecutively, the attacking unit attacks.
    • If the attacking unit has Desperation active, the attacking unit attacks.
    • If the attacking unit has Desperation active and the attacking unit's weapon attacks twice consecutively, the attacking unit attacks.
    • If the defending unit has Vantage active, can counterattack, and can perform a follow-up attack, the defending unit attacks.
    • If the defending unit does not have Vantage active and can counterattack, the defending unit attacks.
    • If the attacking unit does not have Desperation active and can perform a follow-up attack, the attacking unit attacks.
    • If the attacking unit does not have Desperation active and can perform a follow-up attack and the attacking unit's weapon attacks twice consecutively, the attacking unit attacks.
    • If the defending unit does not have Vantage active, can counterattack, and can perform a follow-up attack, the defending unit attacks.

Battle calculations

Spoiler
  • Before Combat Effects
    • Special skills that activate immediately on initiating combat deal damage equal to the attacking unit's Atk after applying skills and status effects minus the defending unit's Def or Res after applying skills and status effects. This is then multiplied by the damage multiplier (1 or 1.5) and rounded down.
      • The defending unit's Def is used if the attacking unit uses a physical weapon. The defending unit's Res is used if the attacking unit uses a magical weapon.
      • If the skill hits more than one unit, damage is calculated separately for each individual unit.
      • Effective damage and weapon triangle modifiers are not applied.
  • Calculate Atk
    • Skills and status effects affecting Atk are applied first.
    • Effective damage is applied next. The additional damage is equal to 50% of the unit's Atk after applying skills and status effects, rounded down.
      • For example, Lucina with 53 Atk with Falchion receives 26 Atk against dragons for a total of 79 Atk.
    • Weapon triangle advantage and disadvantage is applied next. The added or subtracted damage is equal to the total weapon triangle modifier multiplied by the unit's Atk after rounding off effective damage, rounded down.
      • The weapon triangle modifier is equal to 20% plus the effect of Triangle Adept and weapons with Triangle Adept as an innate skill.
      • Triangle Adept and weapons with Triangle Adept as as innate skill affect the Atk of both participants.
        • If both participants have Triangle Adept or weapons with Triangle Adept as an innate skill, the higher effect is used. (Unsure. At the least, they don't stack.)
          • To test: If one participant has both Triangle Adept and a weapon with Triangle Adept, what happens? I assume the higher is used.
      • For example, Lucina with 79 Atk against dragons has a weapon triangle modifier of 15 for a total of 64 Atk against blue dragons and 94 Atk against green dragons.
        • Note that rounding down is applied to the modifier before adding or subtracting it from the Atk value.
      • The weapon triangle modifier is applied regardless of if either unit is armed. An unarmed unit is still considered the color of its type icon.
    • Special skills that add damage (Dragon Gaze, Draconic Aura, Dragon Fang, Glowing Ember, Bonfire, Ignis, Chilling Wind, Iceberg, Glacies, Retribution, Reprisal, Vengeance) are added last. The additional damage after applying the skill's multiplier is rounded down before adding it to the Atk value.
      • Dragon Gaze, Draconic Aura, and Dragon Fang use the unit's Atk including all skills and status effects affecting Atk, but not effective damage or weapon triangle modifiers.
      • Glowing Ember, Bonfire, and Ignis use the unit's Def including all skills and status effects affecting Def.
      • Chilling Wind, Iceberg, and Glacies use the unit's Res including all skills and status effects affecting Res.
      • Retribution, Reprisal, and Vengeance use the unit's maximum HP minus its current HP.
  • Calculate Def
    • Skills and status effects affecting Def or Res are applied.
    • Special skills that decrease the defending unit's Def or Res (New Moon, Moonbow, Luna, Aether) are applied. The decreased Def or Res is rounded down before being subtracted from Def or Res.
  • Calculate Damage
    • Subtract Def from Atk. If this value is less than zero, it is set to zero.
    • Special skills that increase the attacker's damage (Night Sky, Glimmer, Astra) are applied next. The additional damage is rounded down before being added to damage.
    • Special skills that decrease the attacker's damage (Buckler, Escutcheon, Pavise, Holy Vestiments, Sacred Cowl, Aegis) are applied last. The decreased damage is rounded down before being subtracted from damage.
  • After Damage Effects
    • If a special skill that heals the unit (Daylight, Noontime, Sol, Aether) activated, the unit heals HP equal to the amount of HP the defending unit had before the attack minus the amount of HP the defending unit had after the attack, multiplied by the multiplier, rounded down.
      • For example, if Sol activated and the attacking unit would have dealt 20 damage, but the defending unit only had 5 HP remaining, the attacking unit heals 2 HP.

How stat variation works

Spoiler
  • When a character is pulled, that individual is given one of the 21 possible stat variations.
    • These possible variations include 20 combinations with exactly one higher-than-normal ("positive") stat and exactly one lower-than-normal ("negative") stat and 1 combination with all stats exactly normal ("neutral").
    • It is not possible to have more than positive stat or more than one negative stat.
    • It is not possible to have one positive stat with no negative stats and vice versa.
    • I refer to these combinations as natures in reference the analogous mechanic in Pokémon.
      • Other resources appear to prefer calling them "IVs" due to the discredited belief that there could be multiple positive and multiple negative stats. They are wrong. I am right.
  • An individual's nature cannot be changed after the character is pulled.
    • Unlocking potential and merging allies does not change an individual's nature.
  • At level 1
    • A positive stat manifests as +1 compared to the character's base value in that stat.
    • A negative stat manifests as -1 compared to the character's base value in that stat.
  • At level 40
    • A positive stat manifests as +3 or +4 compared to the character's neutral level-40 value in that stat.
    • A negative stat manifests as -3 or -4 compared to the character's neutral level-40 value in that stat.
    • Whether a stat has a modifier of 3 or 4 is determined by the character's growth in that stat. More on this in the next section.
  • Individuals received through Hero Battles, Grand Hero Battles, and the story are always neutral on every stat.

Leveling up

Spoiler
  • Stats gained when leveling up are pre-determined.
    • Leveling up two identical individuals (character, rarity, and nature) will result in identical stats (with the same skills equipped) at any given level.
    • Leveling up two individuals identical except for their natures will result in identical stats for any stat that has the same modifier.
      • For example, if one individual has +Atk and -Res and another has +Spd and -Res, they will have identical HP (both neutral), Def (both neutral), and Res (both negative) at any given level.
  • Stats gained when leveling up are erratic. Stat gains in any particular stat are not evenly spread out across all 39 levels.
    • For example, 5-star Sharena gains 1 point in Atk each at levels 2-4, 10-11, 14, 16-18, 22, 24-25, 27-34, 36, and 38-40.
  • A growth is defined for each stat for each character at each rarity. This is the difference between the values of the stat at level 1 and level 40.
    • Growths can only have specific values. Currently, all 5-star growths are one of the following: 8, 10, 13, 15, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 33.
      • For the time being, I will refer to these values as growth tiers.
  • Affect of stat variations on growths
    • A positive stat has a growth one tier higher than the neutral growth in that stat.
    • A negative stat has a growth one tier lower than the neutral growth in that stat.
      • For example, Lucina has a neutral growth of +26 in Atk. A Lucina with +Atk has a growth of 28 in Atk, and a Lucina with -Atk has a growth of +24 in Atk.
        • Combined with the 1-point modifier at level 1, this results in a +3 or -3 modifier at level 40.
    • The difference between growth tiers is normally 2, but is 3 between 10 and 13, between 19 and 22, and between 30 and 33. This means that a stat with a growth bordering one of these gaps of 3 will have a a +4 modifier or a -4 modifier depending on which side of the gap the stat's neutral growth is on.
      • For example, Robin has a neutral growth of +22 in Atk. A Robin with +Atk has a growth of 24 in Atk, and a Robin with -Atk has a growth of +19 in Atk.
        • Combined with the 1-point modifier at level 1, this results in a +3 or -4 modifier at level 40.

Unlocking potential

Spoiler
  • When unlocking potential, you can preview the individual's stats at level 1 at the new rarity. This is a good way to determine the nature of an individual if you forgot to check at level 1.
    • The preview will include stats affected by the currently equipped skills. Remember to take skills into account when determining the individual's nature.
  • Unlocking potential from 1 star to 2 stars and from 3 stars to 4 stars increases the character's base stats by 2.
    • These stats will always be the same 2 stats for a given character at both of these promotions.
      • For example, promoting Olivia from 1 star to 2 stars increases her Atk and Spd. Promoting Olivia from 3 stars to 4 stars also increases her Atk and Spd.
  • Unlocking potential from 2 stars to 3 stars and from 4 stars to 5 stars increases the character's base stats by 3.
    • These stats will always be the same 3 stats for a given character at both of these promotions and are always the 3 stats that did not increase on the previous promotion.
      • For example, promoting Olivia from 2 stars to 3 stars increases her HP, Def, and Res because those are the stats that did not increase when promoting from 1 star to 2 stars. Promoting Olivia from 4 stars to 5 stars also increases her HP, Def, and Res.

Merging allies

Spoiler
  • Sacrificing a individual of the same character at an equal or higher rarity gives the receiving individual 1 "merge level".
    • This is displayed separately from the individual's "normal levels".
      • For example, an individual with 35 normal levels and 2 merge levels is displayed as "35+2" and not "37".
    • An individual can receive a maximum of 10 merge levels.
      • Any merges beyond this will only give SP.
  • Sacrificing a merged individual of the same character at an equal or higher rarity also gives the receiving individual all of the sacrificed individual's merge levels.
    • For example, sacrificing an individual at level 1+2 to a receiving individual already at level 40+3 will result in the receiving individual's level being increased to level 40+6 (3 existing merge levels, 1 sacrificed individual, 2 merge levels on the sacrificed individual).
  • Sacrificing a merged individual of the same character at an equal or higher rarity also gives the receiving individual an amount of SP equivalent to merging all of the sacrificed individual's merges.
    • For example, sacrificing a 5-star individual at level 1+2 will result in the receiving individual gaining 360 SP (120 SP for the sacrificed individual and 240 SP for the merges on the sacrificed individual).
  • Stats gained when leveling up due to merging are pre-determined for each character.
    • An individual gains exactly 2 stats for each merge level.
    • No stat gains a second point until all other stats have gained their first point. Same with the third and fourth points.
    • The first merge gives the same stats as the sixth merge. The second merge gives the same stats as the seventh merge, and so on.
      • For example, Lucina gains HP and Spd on her first and sixth merges, Atk and Def on her second and seventh merges, HP and Res on her third and eighth merges, Atk and Spd on her fourth and ninth merges, and Def and Res on her fifth and tenth merges.

Character base stats table

Spoiler

I'm not sure why I didn't add this earlier. Here is my current table of character base stats.

• Gray: Promotion only.
  • Red, empty: Not enough data.
  • Red, with number: Inferred due to number of promotion stat ups (+2 from 3-star to 4-star, +3 from 4-star to 5-star).

Forgive my use of Japanese names. I'm playing the game in Japanese, and it's easier for me to not have to remember what the localization team did for each name to make it unrecognizable. Character order is the same as in-game when selecting character sort order (except Minerva, who I don't own and therefore don't know where she goes I have Minerva now).

Name Rare HP Atk Spd Def Res Weapon  
Alphonse 5 19 9 6 8 5    
Alphonse 4 18 9 5 8 4    
Alphonse 3 18 8 5 7 4    
Alphonse 2 17 8 4 7 3 Iron Sword Atk +6
Sharon 5 19 8 8 7 5    
Sharon 4 18 8 8 6 4    
Sharon 3 18 7 7 6 4    
Sharon 2 17 7 7 5 3 Iron Lance Atk +6
Anna 5 19 7 10 5 6    
Anna 4 18 7 10 4 5    
Anna 3 18 6 9 4 5    
Anna 2 17 6 9 3 4 Iron Axe Atk +6
Marth 5 19 7 8 7 6 Falchion Atk +16
Marth 4 18 7 8 6 5 Silver Sword Atk +11
Jeigan 5 20 8 7 8 11    
Jeigan 4 19 8 6 7 11 Silver Lance Atk +11
Jeigan 3 19 7 6 7 10 Steel Lance Atk +8
Kain 5 18 8 6 8 6 Brave Sword+ Atk +8, Spd -5
Kain 4 17 8 5 8 5 Brave Sword Atk +5, Spd -5
Abel 5 17 7 8 8 6 Brave Lance+ Atk +8, Spd -5
Abel 4 16 6 8 8 5 Brave Lance Atk +5, Spd -5
Dohga 5 24 8 6 13 3    
Dohga 4 23 8 5 13 2 Brave Sword Atk +5, Spd -5
Dohga 3 23 7 5 12 2 Steel Sword Atk +8
Gohdon 5 19 7 6 8 4    
Gohdon 4 18 7 5 8 3 Brave Bow Atk +4, Spd -5
Gohdon 3 18 6 5 7 3 Steel Bow Atk +6
Sheeda 5 17 6 9 5 10 Armor Killer+ Atk +12
Sheeda 4 16 5 9 4 10 Armor Killer Atk +8
Oguma 5 21 7 10 6 3 Brave Sword+ Atk +8, Spd -5
Oguma 4 20 7 10 5 2 Brave Sword Atk +5, Spd -5
Barts 5 20 9 8 6 4    
Barts 4 19 9 8 5 3 Brave Axe Atk +5, Spd -5
Barts 3 19 8 7 5 3 Steel Axe Atk +8
Rinda 5 16 9 10 4 5 Aura Atk +14
Jorjue 5 18 8 8 5 5 Parthia Atk +14
Jorjue 4 17 8 8 4 4 Silver Bow Atk +9
Minerba 5 18 7 9 8 5 Hauteclere Atk +16
Maria 5     8        
Maria 4 16 4 8 3 10    
Paora 5 18 7 9 6 7    
Paora 4 17 7 9 5 6 Rising Sun Sword Atk +8
Paora 3 17 6 8 5 6 Steel Sword Atk +8
Katua 5 17 7 10 7 6 Killer Lance+ Atk +11
Katua 4 16 7 10 6 5 Killer Lance Atk +7
Est 5 17 9 8 5 8    
Est 4 16 9 8 4 7 Piercing Lance Atk +8
Est 3 16 8 7 4 7 Steel Lance Atk +8
Marich 5 19 7 8 6 4 Excalibur Atk +14
Marich 4 18 7 8 5 3 Rexcalibur Atk +9
Sheema 5 21 8 6 12 7 Killer Axe+ Atk +11
Sheema 4 20 8 5 12 6 Killer Axe Atk +7
Tiki (Monshou) 5 15 5 4 8 7 Scorching Breath+ Atk +15
Riff 5 18 5 6 5 10    
Riff 4 17 4 6 4 10    
Riff 3 17 4 5 4 9    
Riff 2 16 3 5 3 9    
Riff 1 16 3 4 3 8    
Eltshan 5           Mystletainn Atk +16
Rackesis 5 17 6 8 5 8    
Celice 5 19 8 7 8 5 Tyrhung Atk +16
Celice 4 18 8 6 8 4 Silver Sword Atk +11
Yuria 5 16 9 7 4 8 Naga Atk +14
Reinhardt 5 16 8 6 5 8 Dimethunder Atk +9, Spd -5
Olwen 5           Dimethunder Atk +9, Spd -5
Roy 5 20 8 9 6 4 Sword of Seal Atk +16
Roy 4 19 8 9 5 3 Silver Sword Atk +11
Lilina 5 16 9 6 4 9 Bolganone+ Atk +13
Lilina 4 15 9 5 3 9 Bolganone Atk +9
Wendy 5 23 8 5 12 6    
Wendy 4 22 8 4 12 5 Killer Lance Atk +7
Wendy 3 22 7 4 11 5 Steel Lance Atk +8
Lleu 5 17 8 7 5 7    
Lleu 4 16 8 7 4 6 Raudhr Wolf Atk +6
Lleu 3 16 7 6 4 6 Ruin Atk +6
Cecilia 5 17 8 6 5 7    
Cecilia 4 16 8 5 4 7 Groenn Raven Atk +7
Cecilia 3 16 7 5 4 6 Elwind Atk +6
Cecilia 2 15 7 4 3 6 Wind Atk +4
Cecilia 1 15 6 4 3 5 Wind Atk +4
Klein 5           Brave Bow+ Atk +7, Spd -5
Clarine 5 16 6 9 5 7    
Clarine 4 15 5 9 4 7    
Clarine 3 15 5 8 4 6    
Nacien 5 18 7 7 8 7    
Nacien 4 17 7 6 8 6    
Nacien 3 17 6 6 7 6 Steel Axe Atk +8
Nacien 2 16 6 5 7 5 Iron Axe Atk +6
Thany 5 17 8 9 6 7    
Thany 4 16 8 9 5 6 Killer Lance Atk +7
Thany 3 16 7 8 5 6 Steel Lance Atk +8
Bartr 5 21 10 6 7 3    
Bartr 4 20 10 5 7 2 Hammer Atk +8
Bartr 3 20 9 5 6 2 Steel Axe Atk +8
Fir 5 19 6 10 5 7 Kill Sword+ Atk +11
Fir 4 18 5 10 4 7 Kill Sword Atk +7
Fir 3 18 5 9 4 6 Steel Sword Atk +8
Sofiya 5 18 9 4 5 6    
Sofiya 4 17 9 3 5 7 Nosferatu Atk +9
Sofiya 3 17 8 3 5 6 Ruin Atk +6
Sofiya 2 16 8 2 4 6 Flux Atk +4
Sofiya 1 16 7 2 4 5 Flux Atk +4
Fa 5 16 5 4 6 8 Light Breath+ Atk +13
Fa 4 15 4 3 6 8 Light Breath Atk +9
Lin 5 18 6 11 7 5 Sol Katti Atk +16
Eliwod 5 17 7 8 6 8    
Eliwod 4 16 6 8 5 8 Silver Sword Atk +11
Eliwod 3 16 6 7 5 7 Steel Sword Atk +8
Hector 5 24 10 5 11 4 Armads Atk +16
Matthew 5 17 6 10 6 5    
Matthew 4 16 6 10 5 4 Thief Dagger Atk +4
Matthew 3 16 5 9 5 4 Steel Dagger Atk +5
Serra 5 16 6 9 4 9    
Serra 4 15 5 9 3 9    
Serra 3 15 5 8 3 8    
Leyvan 5 19   9 6   Brave Axe+ Atk +8, Spd -5
Leyvan 4 18 8 9 5 4 Brave Axe Atk +5, Spd -5
Flolina 5 18 7 8 6 8    
Flolina 4 17 6 8 5 8 Piercing Lance Atk +8
Flolina 3 17 6 7 5 7 Steel Lance Atk +8
Hawkeye 5 21 9 5 6 6 Killer Axe+ Atk +11
Hawkeye 4 20 9 4 6 5 Killer Axe Atk +7
Ursula 5 16 7 8 4 8    
Ursula 4 15 6 8 3 8 Blar Wolf Atk +6
Ursula 3 15 6 7 3 7 Elthunder Atk +6
Nino 5 16 7 10 4 7    
Nino 4 15 7 10 3 6 Groenn Blade Atk +9
Nino 3 15 6 9 3 6 Elwind Atk +6
Eirik 5 18 7 9 7 6 Sieglinde Atk +16
Eirik 4 17 7 9 6 5 Silver Sword Atk +11
Ephraim 5 19 9 6 8 5 Siegmund Atk +16
Sanaki 5 16     4 8 Cymbeline Atk +14
Chrom 5 21 9 6 7 4 Falchion Atk +16
Chrom 4 20 9 5 7 3 Silver Sword Atk +11
Reflet (M) 5 18 7 7 7 5 Blar Raven+ Atk +11
Reflet (M) 4 17 7 7 6 4 Blar Raven Atk +7
Reflet (M) 3 17 6 6 6 4 Elthunder Atk +6
Reflet (F) 5 18 7 7 7 5    
Reflet (F) 4 17 7 7 6 4    
Reflet (F) 3 17 6 6 6 4 Elwind Atk +6
Reflet (F) 2 16 6 6 5 3 Wind Atk +4
Liz 5 17 7 6 6 8    
Liz 4 16 7 5 5 8    
Liz 3 16 6 5 5 7    
Liz 2 15 6 4 4 7    
Liz 1 15 5 4 4 6    
Frederik 5 19 9 6 8 4    
Frederik 4 18 9 5 8 3 Hammer Atk +8
Frederik 3 18 8 5 7 3 Steel Axe Atk +8
Soiree 5 18 7 8 7 6    
Soiree 4 17 7 8 6 5 Azure Sea Lance Atk +8
Soiree 3 17 6 7 6 5 Steel Lance Atk +8
Sort 5 19 7 7 8 5    
Sort 4 18 7 6 8 4 Rising Sun Sword Atk +8
Sort 3 18 6 6 7 4 Steel Sword Atk +8
Sort 2 17 6 5 7 3 Iron Lance Atk +6
Sort 1 17 5 5 6 3 Iron Lance Atk +6
Tiamo 5 18 9 9 5 6 Brave Lance+ Atk +8, Spd -5
Tiamo 4 17 9 9 4 5 Brave Lance Atk +5, Spd-5
Guire 5 18 7 10 5 4    
Guire 4 17 7 10 4 3 Thief Dagger Atk +4
Guire 3 17 6 9 4 3 Steel Dagger Atk +5
Denis 5 17 7 5 6 4    
Denis 4 16 7 4 6 3 Brave Lance Atk +5, Spd -5
Denis 3 16 6 4 5 3 Steel Lance Atk +8
Ronkuu 5 19 7 11 5 5    
Ronkuu 4 18 7 11 4 4 Kill Sword Atk +7
Ronkuu 3 18 6 10 4 4 Steel Sword Atk +8
Olivie 5 17 6 7 5 4    
Olivie 4 16 6 7 4 3 Silver Sword Atk +11
Olivie 3 16 5 6 4 3 Steel Sword Atk +8
Olivie 2 15 5 6 3 2 Iron Sword Atk +6
Olivie 1 15 4 5 3 2 Iron Sword Atk +6
Henri 5 19 6 5 8 6    
Henri 4 18 6 4 8 5 Raudhr Raven Atk +7
Henri 3 18 5 4 7 5 Ruin Atk +6
Sallya 5 17 8 8 6 5 Raudhr Blade+ Atk +13
Sallya 4 16 8 8 5 4 Raudhr Blade Atk +9
Viaur 5 20 7 7 7 3    
Viaur 4 19 7 7 6 2 Silver Bow Atk +9
Viaur 3 19 6 6 6 2 Steel Bow Atk +6
Viaur 2 18 6 6 5 1 Iron Bow Atk +4
Viaur 1 18 5 5 5 1 Iron Bow Atk +4
Serge 5 20 10 6 8 3    
Serge 4 19 10 5 8 2 Hammer Atk +8
Serge 3 19 9 5 7 2 Steel Axe Atk +8
Tiki (Kakusei) 5 18 7 6 9 7 Thunder Breath+ Atk +11
Tiki (Kakusei) 4 17 7 5 9 6 Thunder Breath Atk +7
Tiki (Kakusei) 3 17 6 5 8 6 Flame Breath Atk +8
Nono 5 17 6 5 6 5 Thunder Breath+ Atk +11
Nono 4 16 6 4 6 4 Thunder Breath Atk +7
Lucina 5 19 8 10 6 4 Falchion Atk +16
Kamui (M) 5 20 8 8 6 5 Yatonogami Atk +16
Kamui (M) 4 19 8 8 5 4 Silver Sword Atk +11
Kamui (F) 5 19 8 6 8 6    
Kamui (F) 4 18 8 5 8 5 Dark Breath Atk +9
Kamui (F) 3 18 7 5 7 5 Flame Breath Atk +8
Aqua 5 17 5 7 4 6 Azure Sea Lance+ Atk +12
Gunther 5 21 10 7 11 5    
Gunther 4 20 10 6 11 4 Silver Axe Atk +11
Gunther 3 20 9 6 10 4 Steel Axe Atk +8
Gunther 2 19 9 5 10 3 Iron Axe Atk +6
Gunther 1 19 8 5 9 3 Iron Axe Atk +6
Felicia 5 15 6 11 3 9    
Felicia 4 14 5 11 2 9 Silver Dagger Atk +7
Felicia 3 14 5 10 2 8 Steel Dagger Atk +5
Felicia 2 13 4 10 1 8 Iron Dagger Atk +3
Felicia 1 13 4 9 1 7 Iron Dagger Atk +3
Joker 5 17 7 9 6 5 Silver Dagger+ Atk +10
Joker 4 16 7 9 5 4 Silver Dagger Atk +7
Ryouma 5 19 8 11 5 4 Raijintou Atk +16
Saizou 5 17 7 8 9 3    
Saizou 4 16 6 8 9 2 Smoke Dagger Atk +6
Saizou 3 16 6 7 8 2 Steel Dagger Atk +5
Kagerou 5 16 9 8 5 6 Poison Dagger+ Atk +5
Kagerou 4 15 9 8 4 5 Poison Dagger Atk +2
Hinoka 5 19 7 8 6 7 Brave Lance+ Atk +8, Spd -5
Asama 5 19 4 7 8 6    
Asama 4 18 3 7 8 5    
Asama 3 18 3 6 7 5    
Setsuna 5 18 6 9 5 6    
Setsuna 4 17 6 9 4 5 Dagger Killer Bow Atk +7
Setsuna 3 17 5 8 4 5 Steel Bow Atk +6
Takumi 5 18 8 7 6 5 Fuujin Yumi Atk +14
Hinata 5 21 8 5 10 3    
Hinata 4 20 8 4 10 2 Rising Sun Sword Atk +8
Hinata 3 20 7 4 9 2 Steel Sword Atk +8
Oboro 5 18 8 7 9 5    
Oboro 4 17 8 6 9 4 Piercing Lance Atk +8
Oboro 3 17 7 6 8 4 Steel Lance Atk +8
Sakura 5 17     5      
Sakura 4 16 5 8 4 8    
Kazahana 5 18 9 10 6 4    
Kazahana 4 17 9 10 5 3 Armor Killer Atk +8
Kazahana 3 17 8 9 5 3 Steel Sword Atk +8
Tsubaki 5 18 6 9 9 5    
Tsubaki 4 17 5 9 9 4 Azure Sea Lance Atk +8
Tsubaki 3 17 5 8 8 4 Steel Lance Atk +8
Tsubaki 2 16 4 8 8 3 Iron Lance Atk +6
Tsubaki 1 16 4 7 7 3 Iron Lance Atk +6
Lazward 5 20 9 7 6 5    
Lazward 4 19 9 7 5 4 Silver Sword Atk +11
Lazward 3 19 8 6 5 4 Steel Sword Atk +8
Pieri 5 16 9 9 6 6 Killer Lance+ Atk +11
Pieri 4 15 9 9 5 5 Killer Lance Atk +7
Camilla 5 18 8 8 6 7 Brave Axe+ Atk +8, Spd -5
Camilla 4 17 8 8 5 6 Brave Axe Atk +5, Spd -5
Luna 5 18 6 9 8 6    
Luna 4 17 5 9 8 5 Armor Killer Atk +8
Luna 3 17 5 8 7 5 Steel Sword Atk +8
Berka 5 20 7 6 9 5    
Berka 4 19 7 5 9 4 Killer Axe Atk +7
Berka 3 19 6 5 8 4 Steel Axe Atk +8
Leon 5 17 7 5 6 8 Brunnhilde Atk +14
Odin 5 19 5 8 6 6    
Odin 4 18 4 8 6 5 Blar Blade Atk +9
Odin 3 18 4 7 5 5 Elthunder Atk +6
Zero 5 18 6 8 4 8    
Zero 4 17 5 8 3 8 Killer Bow Atk +5
Zero 3 17 5 7 3 7 Steel Bow Atk +6
Elise 5 15 8 8 4 8    
Harold 5 19 8 7 8 5    
Harold 4 18 8 6 8 4 Deep Green Axe Atk +8
Harold 3 18 7 6 7 4 Steel Axe Atk +8
Elfie 5 22 12 5 11 4 Silver Lance+ Atk +15
Elfie 4 21 12 4 11 3 Silver Lance Atk +11

Summary of findings (a.k.a. tl;dr)

• Every character has set base stats for each rarity level.
  • Every character instance either has that character's base stats with no modification or has exactly one stat increased by 1 and one stat decreased by 1 at level 1. This works similarly to Pokemon's natures, but most likely with an equal chance of each outcome (1 in 21 chance of a neutral nature instead of 5 in 25 chance).
  • Unlike what other resources have concluded, I have found no evidence that it is possible to have 2 positive stats and 2 negative stats.
  • If the character instance has a positive stat and a negative stat, those stats also have increased and decreased growth rates, respectively.
  • As best as I can tell, Alphonse, Sharena, and Anna always have a neutral nature.
  • Upgrading a character instance's rarity resets the character instance's stats to the character's base stats at the new rarity level keeping the same nature.
  • A 5-star version of a character has a total of 3 more stat points than a 4-star version of a character at level 1. A 4-star version of a character has a total of 2 more stat points than a 3-star version of a character at level 1. For example, a 5-star Camilla has +1 HP, +1 Def, and +1 Res more than a 4-star Camilla at level 1.
  • Stat growths on level up are fixed. Any two Camillas with neutral HP will gain points in HP at the exact same levels. Any two Camillas with a positive stat in HP will gain points in HP at the exact same levels.
  • Stat growths are erratic and do not occur at regular intervals. For example, Fae's neutral Def growth pattern has 4 consecutive levels with no stat ups followed immediately by 5 consecutive levels with stat ups.

I have a Google Sheets spreadsheet with all of my current data in it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CwkXjNdWT0tJktG7xc7wxhBSNXPRfc2nGmScYbz1qCo/edit?usp=sharing. Feel free to peruse it at your leisure. The spreadsheet includes base stats of all characters I have so far been able to determine.

Old research in the spoiler tag:

Spoiler

Stat variations

First order of business, looking at all of my characters, I've noticed that the variation in a single stat (with the same number of stars) never appears to be more than 2 at level 1. My first hypothesis was that each character has a set of base stats, and one stat each is incremented and decremented by one. As far as I can tell, this appears to be accurate.

I have 4 5-star Camillas still at level 1 (subtracting the Brave Axe+'s 8 Might and adding back the lost 5 Speed):

• 18 HP, 7 Atk, 8 Spd, 6 Def, 8 Res
  • 17 HP, 9 Atk, 8 Spd, 6 Def, 7 Res
  • 18 HP, 7 Atk, 9 Spd, 6 Def, 7 Res
  • 18 HP, 9 Atk, 7 Spd, 6 Def, 7 Res

This suggests that her base stats at the 5-star level are 18 HP, 8 Atk, 8 Spd, 6 Def, 7 Res.

I have 3 4-star Camillas still at level 1 (subtracting the Brave Axe's 5 Might):

• 16 HP, 9 Atk, 8 Spd, 5 Def, 6 Res
  • 17 HP, 8 Atk, 8 Spd, 6 Def, 5 Res
  • 17 HP, 9 Atk, 8 Spd, 4 Def, 6 Res

At the 4-star level, doing the same exercise, her base stats are 17 HP, 8 Atk, 8 Spd, 5 Def, 6 Res.

This reminded me of those logic puzzles from back in middle school math. I'm slowly working my way through other characters, but I haven't found anything to contradict this yet.

Now I kind of regret not starting to collect this data earlier before sending a bunch of duplicates home (at one point I had maybe 7 or 8 of 4-star Bartre), so the best I have currently is 4 of any one character-star combination still at level 1.

This reminds me a lot of natures in Pokemon. I'll refer to them as such from now on.

And now I'm imagining stuffing Fae in a Pokeball. Oh dear.

Stars

So it looks like from above that upgrading Camilla from 4 stars to 5 stars adds +1 HP, +1 Def, and +1 Res. I was curious if other characters do the same thing. Now, I don't have any other characters with this many data points, so there's some room for error, but it seems to be identical for Robin and Cordelia (I'm never going to get used to the English names).

5-star Robin:

• 18 HP, 7 Atk, 8 Spd, 7 Def, 4 Res
  • 19 HP, 7 Atk, 7 Spd, 6 Def, 5 Res

4-star Robin:

• 16 HP, 8 Atk, 7 Spd, 6 Def, 4 Res
  • 17 HP, 7 Atk, 7 Spd, 6 Def, 4 Res
  • 17 HP, 8 Atk, 7 Spd, 6 Def, 3 Res

5-star Cordelia:

• 18 HP, 8 Atk, 9 Spd, 5 Def, 7 Res
  • 17 HP, 10 Atk, 9 Spd, 5 Def, 6 Res

4-star Cordelia:

• 16 HP, 9 Atk, 9 Spd, 4 Def, 6 Res
  • 18 HP, 8 Atk, 9 Spd, 4 Def, 5 Res

Now, the highlights come from the assumption that my hypothesis is correct because I don't simply have the data to get definitive answers for each character-star combination on its own. There's also that anomalous Robin with no stats increased or decreased. Either that means my hypothesis is incorrect or that it's possible for the same stat to be incremented and decremented. More research needed here.

Hypothesis incorrect. Unlock potential has different stat bonuses depending on the character. Which means I can spend some experience crystals to see exactly what the promotion bonuses are, and that should be able to tell me exactly what nature each of these character copies are. I've unbolded the stats for the time being. Since Robin and Tiamo Cordelia are both strong in their own right, I might try leveling up a copy soon to see what the promoting bonuses are.

In progress: Unlock potential

I might test the above Robins and Cordelias by getting them to level 20 and seeing what their stats would be as 5-stars. I wonder if the incremented and decremented stats carry over.

Did this with Fae instead to test this and the below at the same time because I had a lot of green experience crystals from the mission rewards.

My 4 4-star Faes look like this (subtracting Light Breath's 9 Might):

• 15 HP, 3 Atk, 3 Spd, 6 Def, 9 Res
  • 14 HP, 5 Atk, 3 Spd, 6 Def, 8 Res
  • 15 HP, 4 Atk, 4 Spd, 5 Def, 8 Res (two copies with these stats)

On the stats preview for upgrading, their stats were as follows, respectively:

• 16 HP, 4 Atk, 4 Spd, 6 Def, 9 Res
  • 15 HP, 6 Atk, 4 Spd, 6 Def, 8 Res
  • 16 HP, 5 Atk, 5 Spd, 5 Def, 8 Res

Fae's bonus from 4 stars to 5 stars is exactly +1 HP, +1 Atk, and +1 Spd.

In progress: Leveling up

Out of sheer coincidence, I have 2 copies of 4-star Fae with perfectly identical stats and 2 more copies with different stats. I'll try to get them at least a few levels to see just how random the level up stats are.

Results are in. Level up stats are entirely non-random. Fae 1's HP increased at the exact same levels as Fae 3 and Fae 4's. Same with Fae 1 and Fae 2's Spd. All of Fae 3 and Fae 3's level ups were identical to each other. And so on.

Final stats at level 20 were as follows, respectively:

• 31 HP, 13 Atk, 14 Spd, 16 Def, 20 Res
  • 26 HP, 19 Atk, 14 Spd, 16 Def, 17 Res
  • 31 HP, 17 Atk, 14 Spd, 13 Def, 17 Res

Now, the rate that stats level up is not linear at all and doesn't appear to have an easily discernible pattern. You'll notice that even though Fae 3 had a positive Spd nature, it doesn't make a difference at level 20, but this is because stat gains occur at strange intervals. Chances are each "growth rate" has its own pattern, but I obviously don't have enough numbers to determine this yet.

As an example of how erratic some of these patterns can be, Fae's neutral nature Def growth looks like this (parentheses indicate number of levels since last stat up, e.g. "(+1)" indicates consecutive levels with a stat up):

• +1 at level 2 (+1)
  • +1 at level 4 (+2)
  • +1 at level 9 (+5)
  • +1 at level 10 (+1)
  • +1 at level 11 (+1)
  • +1 at level 12 (+1)
  • +1 at level 13 (+1)
  • +1 at level 15 (+2)
  • +1 at level 16 (+1)
  • +1 at level 18 (+2)
  • +1 at level 20 (+2)

There's that really awkward 5-level gap between level 4 and level with no stat up in Spd, which is followed immediately by 5 straight levels with a stat up in Spd.

Last notes

I'm still working on this, so I might have more numbers eventually as I get more characters. I might plan another Orb splurge sometime soon, though nowhere near as big as the first one (I don't quite have that much money, but I do have last year's end-of-year bonus check). Or I might disappear again once my Japanese pre-order of Nioh arrives tomorrow (and the Japanese demo of Monster Hunter XX comes out next week). We'll see.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, that's a nice info dump, thanks!

Someone (I'm sorry I forgot who you were) mentioned that there's a limit to how many stat points are gained from leveling.  Thus, two characters with the same name ('sides Tiki) will have the same stats at level 40, without taking into account the bane/boon.  Someone else had a complaint about Henry's awful Speed, something that stuck with me because it sounded really bad.  When I tried to level my Henry, he was slow, but not on the level that user was complaining about.  What I THINK happens is that the game does a check based on the character's level and the number of stat points left, and does some calculations based on that.  I can go into more detail about this, but it's purely conjecture.

Cool stuff!

I'm personally curious as to whether there's a cap to the merge/limit break mechanic; I'd think it's 10, since the cost for upgrading characters is decremented by the merged unit, and the upgrade for each star level is 10x the previous one (e.g. 20000 5*, 2000 4*, 200 3*), but I've yet to see anyone hit it.

Personally planning on doing this for a 4* Olivia first, considering she's useful at 4* and you get 2 of her every coupla days, but this'll take me at least ~5 weeks, so maybe if you're lucky you'll hit the cap first?

Another note: an easier way of checking max stats on characters may be to find people in this forum w/ maxed character who're willing to dump their data, so you don't have to spend god knows how much $$$ on this "research" lol.

To start, I have lvl 40:

Corrin Hp 42 Atk 48 Spd 29 Def 34 Res 24

Cordelia Hp 40 Atk 43 Spd 30 Def 25 Res 22

Robin Hp 40 Atk 43 Spd 29 Def 29 Res 19

Takumi Hp 40 Atk 43 Spd 36 Def 25 Res 18

On my friends list, I see:

Lucina Hp 40 Atk 50 Spd 36 Def 25 Res 22

Ryoma Hp 40 Atk 47 Spd 35 Def 27 Res 24

Hector Hp 52 Atk 55 Spd 21 Def 37 Res 19

Camilla Hp 41 Atk 38 Spd 27 Def 28 Res 28

Lucina Hp 43 Atk 50 Spd 33 Def 29 Res 19

Robin Hp 40 Atk 36 Spd 29 Def 32 Res 22

Camilla Hp 41 Atk 38 Spd 24 Def 28 Res 31

Lyn Hp 37 Atk 40 Spd 37 Def 26 Res 32

Hector Hp 52 Atk 49 Spd 28 Def 37 Res 19

Takumi Hp 36 Atk 49 Spd 33 Def 25 Res 18

Azura Hp 36 Atk 43 Spd 36 Def 24 Res 24

What we see here is that there is significant differences between the same heroes at max levels; however, though the same heroes don't necessarily have equivalent stat totals, but don't vary in that respect by more than 1 point, at least on this list (for example, the two Lucina on the list have totals of 173 and 174). So, based on this limited data (and as eclipse suggests in his post above) there at least appears to be some balancing factor preventing RNGesus from completely screwing some people over.

We can also see that between different heroes, as expected, stat totals vary, e.g. w/ the 1 mov Hector towering over the ranged 2 mov Takumi.

Edited by ZXApocrypha

Don't double-post.  Use the Edit button instead.

Might be interesting to do a boon/bane comparison - record a character's stats at level 1, then again at level 40.  Perhaps boons/banes are a percentage of a stat cap, instead of a static amount?

Updated topic with the past hour or two's research of leveling up 4 Pokemon Faes. New information in existing not-in-progress sections are in blue.

45 minutes ago, ZXApocrypha said:

Another note: an easier way of checking max stats on characters may be to find people in this forum w/ maxed character who're willing to dump their data, so you don't have to spend god knows how much $$$ on this "research" lol.

But I support the funding of science.

After testing out my 4 Faes, it looks like stat gains are pre-determined. Two of the same character with the same number of stars with the same starting stats at level 1 should always have the same stats at level 40.

Getting dumps of other people's character stats, though, is definitely going to help, though I don't know how much time I can devote to poring over the data with certain impending game releases.

38 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Don't double-post.  Use the Edit button instead.

Might be interesting to do a boon/bane comparison - record a character's stats at level 1, then again at level 40.  Perhaps boons/banes are a percentage of a stat cap, instead of a static amount?

You're really tempting me to level up all 5 of my 5-star Camillas, aren't you? :[

(Why won't the game give me a Hector or a Minerva?)

EDIT: Also added a tl;dr of findings at the top of the post. Now back to actually playing the game for a bit.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I don't know if characters have "natures" so much as there are a few different variations of them. I got 3 Sullys, all 3*. Two of them have identical stats and get identical Level ups. One of them has a waaaaay different stat progression.

All at Lv 19, with 8Mt Steel lance

Two identicals have: 25HP - 21ATK - 19SPD - 9DEF - 13RES

The other one has: 25HP -23ATK - 13SPD - 13DEF - 13RES

So, total stats wise the have the same amount, but the difference is SPD is huge. Maybe at Lv40 they will all have the same stats? And there are a few different set paths they take to get there? At LV1 there was only a 1 point difference in any stat.

If anyone has like 4 or more of the same character with the same stars, they should level them all up to 5 and then 10 and see how they turn out up to that point. And if you really have a lot of time on your hands, take 2 characters with a noticeable difference in stats and level them up to the high 30's or even 40 and see if the final stats end up being the same in the end.

I'm going to continue leveling 2 of the differing Sullys to see how they turn out.

Oh this is really good, thanks for posting this. I've got 3 3* Niles (archer from Fates) that I can start leveling. I'll record the stats in 5 level increments and see if I get the same results y'all have. I'll update this post as I get results.

Level 1 Stats (including weapon might of 6):

#1 17 HP, 11 Atk, 8 Spd, 3 Def, 6 Res

#2 17 HP, 11 Atk, 7 Spd, 3 Def, 7 Res

#3 16 HP, 11 Atk, 8 Spd, 3 Def, 7 Res

Every 5 Level Up Stats

Spoiler

Level 5 Stats:

#1 20 HP, 12 Atk, 11 Spd, 4 Def, 8 Res

#2 20 HP, 12 Atk, 9 Spd, 4 Def, 10 Res

#3 16 HP, 12 Atk, 11 Spd, 4 Def, 10 Res

Level 10 Stats:

#1 22 HP, 15 Atk, 14 Spd, 5 Def, 11 Res

#2 22 HP, 15 Atk, 13 Spd, 5 Def, 13 Reshag

Level 15 Stats

#1 25 HP, 16 Atk, 16 Spd, 7 Def, 14 Res

If anyone has any stats on Niles they could lend me that would be helpful. I've been thinking about the ratings and the only way I think it works with the 1 boon 1 bane idea that aligns with Ice Dragon's stats would be if they all have increased Atk or Def, and they have - Res, Spd, and HP respectively.

Edited by immatx

4 hours ago, Hawk King said:

If anyone has like 4 or more of the same character with the same stars, they should level them all up to 5 and then 10 and see how they turn out up to that point. And if you really have a lot of time on your hands, take 2 characters with a noticeable difference in stats and level them up to the high 30's or even 40 and see if the final stats end up being the same in the end.

Already did this with Fae. The Unlock Potential section has the stats of my 4-star Faes, and the Leveling Up section has their stats at level 20.

I didn't post it earlier, but here were the level up patterns for each of the 3 distinct stat distributions on my 4-star Faes (the "+9" to Atk is a reminder to myself that these are with Light Breath equipped):

6R91HFI.png

I'm going to guess that the growth patterns are designed to balance out at level 40 because the improved speed growth on Fae 3 is only barely ahead of the neutral speed growth for the first two at level 20. Considering how utterly erratic some of these growth patterns are, I'm expecting Fae 3's speed to outpace the others by level 40.

If I have the time (not sure I will since I'll probably be playing Nioh for a good chunk of tonight), I want to see if a character's growth patterns are the same at different rarities. I'll probably do this by leveling up a 3-star since it's a lot cheaper to promote a 3-star into a 4-star than a 4-star into a 5-star. If I have the Hero Feathers for it after my next gacha splurge, I'll consider doing this with one of my current 4-stars (likely not Fae) just to make sure they didn't make 5-stars a special case.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Hey Ice Dragon, I've noticed something interesting when merging two of my Sullys together. The stat bonus it shows is related to the base character and has nothing to do with the stats of the character that will be lost in the merge. Maybe that bonus is also related to the "nature" of the character? You should check to see if the Faes' stat bonuses from merging match their higher stats at base LV.

edit: http://feheroes.wiki/Stat_Growth

huh, apparently this exists...

Edited by Hawk King

3 hours ago, Hawk King said:

edit: http://feheroes.wiki/Stat_Growth

huh, apparently this exists...

I've seen no definitive evidence so far to conclude that it's possible to receive zero or two sets of positive-negative stats. That said, I haven't gone through all of my data yet, so unless the wiki can back up its claim, I'm going to have to dismiss it until I find data to confirm or refute it.

3 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Hey Ice Dragon, I've noticed something interesting when merging two of my Sullys together. The stat bonus it shows is related to the base character and has nothing to do with the stats of the character that will be lost in the merge. Maybe that bonus is also related to the "nature" of the character? You should check to see if the Faes' stat bonuses from merging match their higher stats at base LV.

It's been my assumption that merging ignores everything about the fodder character other than the character's identity and rarity.

As for additional research, in-game research is on hold until at least this weekend. If last night was anything to go by, Nioh is definitely going to be eating most of my free time, and I have in-real-life plans for tonight. I might have time to update my data set with some more recent pulls (for example, I landed another Takumi last night with the exact opposite +/- rolls as my existing level 1 Takumi, meaning I now definitively know his base stats) and see if I can at least work out the base stats for a chunk of the game.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I've seen no definitive evidence so far to conclude that it's possible to receive zero or two sets of positive-negative stats. That said, I haven't gone through all of my data yet, so unless the wiki can back up its claim, I'm going to have to dismiss it until I find data to confirm or refute it.

It's been my assumption that merging ignores everything about the fodder character other than the character's identity and rarity.

As for additional research, in-game research is on hold until at least this weekend. If last night was anything to go by, Nioh is definitely going to be eating most of my free time, and I have in-real-life plans for tonight. I might have time to update my data set with some more recent pulls (for example, I landed another Takumi last night with the exact opposite +/- rolls as my existing level 1 Takumi, meaning I now definitively know his base stats) and see if I can at least work out the base stats for a chunk of the game.

First off, hi Ice Dragon! I remember you from back in the day, weren't you also on Fire Emblem World years and years ago? 

Aside from the wiki, this page: https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/fire-emblem-heroes-iv-calculator also has 2 High, 2 Low, 1 Medium as 'Confirmed' Stat Variations. Like you though, I haven't had a characters with that particular stat variation myself and I have quite some duplicates aswell. 

It's my assumption that merging doesn't suddenly switch IV's/Natures either. If it could, I'm imagining some possible 'abuse' if units have certain stats maxed before hitting level 40, and then switching IV's.

For the rest, have fun tonight and in the coming days with Nioh, hope to see you again soon, this is a great read!

Edited by Birdy

3 minutes ago, Birdy said:

First off, hi Ice Dragon! I remember you from back in the day, weren't you also on Fire Emblem World years and years ago?

Fire Emblem World was probably not me. I think. I only remember being on FESS.

3 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Aside from the wiki, this page: https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/fire-emblem-heroes-iv-calculator also has 2 High, 2 Low, 1 Medium as 'Confirmed' Stat Variations. Like you though, I haven't had a characters with that particular stat variation myself and I have quite some duplicates aswell.

Yeah, I'm going to have to see if my data can confirm the 0-5-0 and 2-1-2 variants exist. I have data for about 300-350 or so characters at level 1 (don't know the exact number because I haven't put all of them into the spreadsheet yet), so that should be big enough to work with. I've also recently been focused only on pulling blue and green units (trying to get the last few 5-star only characters I'm missing, Azura and Hector were finally gotten last night, Minerva still eludes me), so I have an absurd number of duplicates for blues and greens.

We'll see what turns up.

Excuse the double post.

I've updated the OP with a more accurate tl;dr according to my latest findings.

I've also added a link to a Google Sheets spreadsheet that contains all of my data so far, including base stats for as many characters as I had enough data for.

EDIT: Fixed base stats for Odin. I accidentally put his 3-star numbers under his 4-star row. Oops.

EDIT2: Fixed Liz, too. Oops again.

EDIT3: Updated with all of the data from the base stat contributions threads.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 hours ago, C4stor said:

Hi :)

I'm the author of an android app trying to summarize hero stats too, and looking to enrich my data :) Can I use your spreadsheet as a source of data ? (not in an automated way)

C4stor

So long as proper credit is given, I don't mind. A good chunk of my own data comes from the "post your level 1 stats" threads from this forum, so you'd probably want to credit the community as well.

A new day, a new update. I hope this doesn't go against the double posting policy (does this count as a "project"?).

I have no idea why I didn't do this yesterday, but I've added the full table of base stats to the OP to the best of my current data. The Google spreadsheet will always have the most up-to-date data, but I'll try to update the one here when I can. I'll try to start leveling characters up to level 20 to see what their base stats are promoted and get that data sometime.

I apologize for using Japanese names and my own translations of weapon names. I'm playing the game in Japanese, so it's a bit easier on me to not have to look up who got renamed to what and look up the official translations of all of the weapon names (since the last Fire Emblem I played in English, if only part-way, was Sacred Stones).

In other news...

Growth patterns

Growth patterns are different for the same character with different rarities. I don't know if the number of total level up stats will end up the same, though, because I haven't yet leveled a 4-star to level 40. Here's what I have so far:

• Sharena-4, level 20: 31 HP, 31 Atk, 21 Spd, 16 Def, 10 Res (includes Silver Lance and Speed +3 equipped)
  • Sharena-5, level 20: 32 HP, 28 Atk, 23 Spd, 18 Def, 16 Res (includes Silver Lance and Speed +3 equipped)
  • Anna-4, level 20: 29 HP, 28 Atk, 24 Spd, 13 Def, 14 Res (includes Silver Axe)
  • Anna-5, level 20: 28 HP, 29 Atk, 24 Spd, 12 Def, 15 Res (includes Silver Axe, bolded stats have a +1 base compared to 4-star)

Anna's stats seem to be progressing at roughly the same rate, whereas Sharena's has some fairly large differences between rarities. None of it, however, is outside of the bounds of the erratic nature of growth patterns. I'll have to level up someone else (because you only get one of Sharena and Anna so I can no longer do a comparison between level-40 4-star and 5-star versions of them) before I can make a definitive judgment, but leveling units up to level 40 is such a pain.

If anyone has a level 40 4-star Sharena or Anna to donate stats for, it would be appreciated, though.

Don't know if this will help any, but in regards to rarities with different stats...

I have two Level 20 Jagens, a 3* and a 4*. Their stats and images are posted in the spoiler.

(I originally raised the 3* before getting the 4*, but opted to stick with the 4*. Also note that there will be ATT differences, the 4* has a Silver Lance while the 3* has just a Steel. Also, their "Fury Passive" is different, 4* has lvl 2 while the 3* has a lvl 1. I went ahead and factored those out the presented number table.)

Number Form (Discounting Fury and Weapon MT)
Level 20, 3* Jegan: 25 HP || 14 ATT || 13 SPD || 14 DEF || 15 RES //// Steel Lance (8 MT) // Fury 1 (+1 to ATT, SPD, DEF, RES)
Level 20, 4* Jegen: 25 HP || 16 ATT || 18 SPD || 15 DEF || 22 RES //// Silver Lance (11MT) // Fury 2 (+2 to ATT, SPD, DEF, RES)

Picture Form (Full Stats, with Weapon and Fury Additions)
IhTew4P.pngqep0XvQ.png

Edited by Sire

10 minutes ago, YueLiang said:

-snip screenshot-

Holy thanks!

This means 5-star Sharena has

• +3 HP
  • +7 Attack (+2 base, +5 from weapon)
  • +2 Speed
  • +3 Defense
  • +2 Resistance

compared to 4-star Sharena.

Seems the final stat differences are approximately +2. I wanted to say exactly +2, but I don't know what Sharena's rarity up bonuses are, and there are only 2 +3 stats instead of 3 +3 stats, which means one of the stats is only +1 in growths compared to 4-star Sharena when you account for the rarity up bonus. Weird.

Hey man, it's GREAT to see you around again : )

I would've posted earlier, but didn't want to spam up your thread, plus I've been pretty preoccupied as well ^^

BTW, something I was thinking of, did you ever play New Mystery, Awakening or Fates? Rather than Natures ala Pokemon, I am wondering if Heroes uses an Asset/Flaw system like for the Avatar in those respective games.

So, just making this up, a +HP Asset might boost the HP base stat and growth rate, but it might also boost the growth rates of other stats. Hence at Level 40, there may be more variance than in two stats.

Likewise, if the Asset/Flaw system is used, could it be that it's actually impossible for a "neutral" spread since you can't set the same Asset/Flaw in the aforementioned games. Outside of the story characters such as Alfonse. I'm not sure but have you observed any characters with a neutral spread yet?

Speaking of data-mining, I'm working on that atm (or rather, our good friend @SciresM is), but it would definitely be useful to have values for calibration, since I won't know what the numbers in the code are otherwise.

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

Hey man, it's GREAT to see you around again : )

I would've posted earlier, but didn't want to spam up your thread, plus I've been pretty preoccupied as well ^^

BTW, something I was thinking of, did you ever play New Mystery, Awakening or Fates? Rather than Natures ala Pokemon, I am wondering if Heroes uses an Asset/Flaw system like for the Avatar in those respective games.

So, just making this up, a +HP Asset might boost the HP base stat and growth rate, but it might also boost the growth rates of other stats. Hence at Level 40, there may be more variance than in two stats.

Likewise, if the Asset/Flaw system is used, could it be that it's actually impossible for a "neutral" spread since you can't set the same Asset/Flaw in the aforementioned games. Outside of the story characters such as Alfonse. I'm not sure but have you observed any characters with a neutral spread yet?

Speaking of data-mining, I'm working on that atm (or rather, our good friend @SciresM is), but it would definitely be useful to have values for calibration, since I won't know what the numbers in the code are otherwise.

It's nice seeing some familiar faces from way back. It's still hard to believe it's been almost a decade since I was last active in this community.

I've played a few chapters of Awakening, up until after the first chapter against Marth!Lucina. From what I've found so far, the stats in Heroes don't seem to be as complicated as the asset-flaw system for the player character. The system here seems to be pretty simple and straightforward (outside of how erratic the growth patterns are).

It appears that the stat variation at level 40 corresponds directly to which stats have the positive and negative bias at level 1. I haven't had the time to level up two of the same character yet for rock-solid evidence, but I get consistent numbers just comparing my characters' stats with those in my friend request inbox and in the arena. Since I'll be leveling up a few duplicates anyways (after pulling some duplicates with better natures), I can confirm whenever that's done .

I have gotten several neutral characters so far, and I keep most of the ones that I find. I just began adding indicators of each character's nature in the data pool tab of my spreadsheet this morning (only for characters that I currently have in-game), so you can take a look there. The chalkboard tab, though, is where I've been doing the "show your work" for deducing base stats, so that's where you'll find everything with their natures indicated so long as I have enough data to work with for that character and rarity.

EDIT: Side note, I've updated the base stats table in the OP. Now with fewer unknowns!

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

Apparently the game has IVs for characters, according to a calc showing lv. 40 stats when you input lv. 1 stats, you can know what stat is labeled as low, medium or high.

Here

This is the second time this has been posted here, and I maintain that they have several inaccuracies in their calculator and explanation.

For one, I have seen zero evidence that it is possible to have 2 positive and 2 negative stats. My spreadsheet currently has stats data for more than 1.3 thousand pulls, and every single pull's stats can be explained with 1 positive and 1 negative stat at most.

Two, because of this, they're also using the wrong analogy. Being limited to 1 positive and 1 negative stat (and with either both or neither, but not just one or the other), it's obviously analogous to natures and not IVs.

Three, they almost certainly have at least one character's base stats wrong (Hinoka), even if I don't have enough data to say with 100% certainty (because their calculated base stats would force one of my data points to have 2 positive and 2 negative stats).