Jump to content
Jotari

New Lord Ideas

Recommended Posts

Is Camilla considered a lord? What are "Lords" anyway? (Like, are they only the biggest brother/sister like Hector/Ryoma/Xander), or are they THE Main character of the games? (Corrin / (Lyn/Hector/Eliwood) / Chrom), or are they royalty with legendary weapons?

Personally, I like @Ryo's idea with the Axe Lord Female, perhaps make her either like Charlette, where she is sweet and innocent and proper (as a Lord/Lady should be), but she has a burning passion for fighting and combat, and often losses her "Proper" self when fighting starts. I.e.: She wears either Combat Cloths or Armor under her dance dress before going to the party, dances with a few people, but when bandits attack, she rips off her formal cloths and goes completely berserk. Also has the option to promot into Wyvern Rider. Better yet, her legendary weapon, Ukonkirves, is a Hammer and effective against Armored Units. I wouldn't mind a Charlette like lord (Not as flirty, but formal and polite like she "should" be, only to get lost in bloodlust and battle. Perhaps her supports point to this, where people who know about her true self try convincing her to stop pretending, while others who don't know about it end up finding out, shocked and eventually understand whats going on).

I still would like to see a Street Rat Lord, nobility or royalty having been dethroned or kicked out/exiled or even ran away/kidnapped and escaped at a young age. Befriending the tactician who was also orphaned, and a third Orphan who they hang with. The tactician is the brains of the party while the lord is often the face when things go wrong. All capable at fighting, the lord ends up stealing a Athame Dagger, which contains latent magical energies the BBEG wants. They ambush the parties base, only to be saved by the good guys, who somehow recognize the lord and try to take him, but he only agrees should his two friends follow (and somehow convinces them for you to be his tactician). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Alpha Wolves said:

I still would like to see a Street Rat Lord, nobility or royalty having been dethroned or kicked out/exiled or even ran away/kidnapped and escaped at a young age. 

Why does everyone forget about Leif?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alpha Wolves said:

@Slumber Isn't Lief another sword lord? He is also Trickster class in DLC, not Theif. I want a Dagger Lord.

He fits pretty much all of the criteria you outlined in my quote. "Street Rat" can mean a bunch of stuff, not just "Thief" like Aladdin.

And Trickster is a promotion for Thieves.

Edited by Slumber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2017 at 1:36 AM, Harvey said:

Hey..just a thought..

How does the idea of having books and bows for a unit sound?

 

The problem about having a magic bow user is that there's no incentive to use bows. Why use a weapon that's not good for melee and only range when you're also able to use a weapon that is both melee and ranged? The bow will be quickly discarded in the favor for magic. Unless the bows in that game are like Gaiden.

On 2/11/2017 at 10:19 AM, Gima said:

...Thinking about this a bit more. You know what I'd like to see?

Caeda from Shadow Dragon (not the later games), except they're the main character, not Marth.

Can you please elaborate on this more please?

On 2/11/2017 at 5:45 PM, dap005 said:

A pegasus rider as a lord! Yes please that would be great. Have it set in a sky world even? 

But I'd love to see a Queen (not princess but actual ruler) mc.

Watching extra credits' videos on Catherine the great and I feel that a game based on real world history would be so politically intriguing and filled with multi-faceted stories. 

Also a Queen Caeda-like character on a pegasus, would make a hell of an awesome cover. 

My qualm about having a "Queen" lord is that she can't necessarily leave her country to fight a war. In most FE games, we're the prince/princess because their parents/king/queen are at home. There's some special cases, but lords are there for the whole game, and in game time can span a few years. A king/queen doesn't have the time availability to do so. 

On 2/11/2017 at 8:38 PM, Sage of Ylisse said:

What about a Lord that wields bows and tomes?

What I wrote earlier.

On 2/18/2017 at 9:37 AM, Alpha Wolves said:

Is Camilla considered a lord? What are "Lords" anyway? (Like, are they only the biggest brother/sister like Hector/Ryoma/Xander), or are they THE Main character of the games? (Corrin / (Lyn/Hector/Eliwood) / Chrom), or are they royalty with legendary weapons?

Personally, I like @Ryo's idea with the Axe Lord Female, perhaps make her either like Charlette, where she is sweet and innocent and proper (as a Lord/Lady should be), but she has a burning passion for fighting and combat, and often losses her "Proper" self when fighting starts. I.e.: She wears either Combat Cloths or Armor under her dance dress before going to the party, dances with a few people, but when bandits attack, she rips off her formal cloths and goes completely berserk. Also has the option to promot into Wyvern Rider. Better yet, her legendary weapon, Ukonkirves, is a Hammer and effective against Armored Units. I wouldn't mind a Charlette like lord (Not as flirty, but formal and polite like she "should" be, only to get lost in bloodlust and battle. Perhaps her supports point to this, where people who know about her true self try convincing her to stop pretending, while others who don't know about it end up finding out, shocked and eventually understand whats going on).

I still would like to see a Street Rat Lord, nobility or royalty having been dethroned or kicked out/exiled or even ran away/kidnapped and escaped at a young age. Befriending the tactician who was also orphaned, and a third Orphan who they hang with. The tactician is the brains of the party while the lord is often the face when things go wrong. All capable at fighting, the lord ends up stealing a Athame Dagger, which contains latent magical energies the BBEG wants. They ambush the parties base, only to be saved by the good guys, who somehow recognize the lord and try to take him, but he only agrees should his two friends follow (and somehow convinces them for you to be his tactician). 

Camilla is not a "lord". A "lord" in Fire Emblem refers to the main character, regardless of social class/position. Camilla isn't a lord because she's not the main character. She's an important character, but she's not the main.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:

The problem about having a magic bow user is that there's no incentive to use bows. Why use a weapon that's not good for melee and only range when you're also able to use a weapon that is both melee and ranged? The bow will be quickly discarded in the favor for magic. Unless the bows in that game are like Gaiden.

By that logic, why even have the archer class to begin with?

Also, the archers are really good to wipe out flying units so even an iron bow can prove devastating against flying users. If you want to tear down flying units with tomes, you need wind magic. Sure, some units like Pent can tear down flying units but mages have low defense unlike archers who are the opposite. So by having a lord that can do both, you get both good defense, resistance and good attack as well alongside skill. Its a win win if you ask me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harvey said:

By that logic, why even have the archer class to begin with?

Also, the archers are really good to wipe out flying units so even an iron bow can prove devastating against flying users. If you want to tear down flying units with tomes, you need wind magic. Sure, some units like Pent can tear down flying units but mages have low defense unlike archers who are the opposite. So by having a lord that can do both, you get both good defense, resistance and good attack as well alongside skill. Its a win win if you ask me.

 

Archers have an advantage over other physical units because they have range where most other physical weapons don't. And the ones that do have long been considered unbalanced and have made Archer's worse as a unit. Comparing an archer to a mage however and you get two options for long range including one that counter short range too. In that case there's very little incentive to use a 2 range locked bow especially considering most enemies have lower res than defense. Only in the niche occasion where you're fighting pegasus specifically (since wyvern's typically how terrible res) would bows be a better option, and even then as you pointed out if they have access to wind magic it further negates them. Mages and Archers can be balanced against each other but if you throw the two units together makes the less versatile option useless. Given the unit defense typical of an archer doesn't improve the matter. You still have very little incentive to raise your bow rank. I recently made a character from rpg on this site who was a mage archer and this is essentially how it went. Never once did the opportunity present itself where attacking physically was preferable. You'd be better off introducing some kind of armoured mage unit. I could see a bow mage working under three scenarios, A) For whatever plot reason you end up fighting a massive amount of pegasi during the game. B) The edition of bows is a weapon gained upon promotion for the typical mage unit. C) The lord gets a legendary bow weapon early on in the story with great stat bonuses and infinite durability that encourages use. This would leave tomes being something akin to Corrin's dragon stone (though by virtue of 1-2 range they'd probably be more useful).

Edited by Jotari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Archers have an advantage over other physical units because they have range where most other physical weapons don't. And the ones that do have long been considered unbalanced and have made Archer's worse as a unit. Comparing an archer to a mage however and you get two options for long range including one that counter short range too. In that case there's very little incentive to use a 2 range locked bow especially considering most enemies have lower res than defense. Only in the niche occasion where you're fighting pegasus specifically (since wyvern's typically how terrible res) would bows be a better option, and even then as you pointed out if they have access to wind magic it further negates them. Mages and Archers can be balanced against each other but if you throw the two units together makes the less versatile option useless. Given the unit defense typical of an archer doesn't improve the matter. You still have very little incentive to raise your bow rank. I recently made a character from rpg on this site who was a mage archer and this is essentially how it went. Never once did the opportunity present itself where attacking physically was preferable. You'd be better off introducing some kind of armoured mage unit. I could see a bow mage working under three scenarios, A) For whatever plot reason you end up fighting a massive amount of pegasi during the game. B) The edition of bows is a weapon gained upon promotion for the typical mage unit. C) The lord gets a legendary bow weapon early on in the story with great stat bonuses and infinite durability that encourages use. This would leave tomes being something akin to Corrin's dragon stone (though by virtue of 1-2 range they'd probably be more useful).

Again, you're just proving my point that archers are pointless to have since there's very little incentive to use archers unless you are stuck with some units like Niles in Conquest.

But this can work out if they can make it so that archers can shoot in 3 ranges with whatever weapon instead of just the long bow and mages only have 2 range. That can work out pretty well. And if you make powerful bows like a bow that can tear down armor like the armorslayer, that can work too.

I get your point, but I still think and I feel that it has some potential if done right.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Can you please elaborate on this more please?

It's a combination of personality, gender, and their role in the plot.

 

If Caeda were a Lord, then she'd be the "good lord": a Lord that is kind, forgiving, and always tries to do the right thing. These are my favorite kind of Lord, at least if they aren't poorly handled, and thus I'd love to see a female Lord with her personality. But you know what I'd like to see even more? A Lord with her cunning and guile. Think about it. In most games the grand majority of your units are recruited by said unit's friends, or the main lord without much explanation. Caeda recruits a good deal of the units in their game, usually by manipulating them.

Quote

Shiida:
“Castor?! It is you, isn’t it? Must even good men like you betray Talys now?”

Castor:
“Princess Shiida? Oh…I’m sorry, but me mother’s sick, and the medicine don’t buy itself, see…”

Shiida:
“So you agreed to fight for the pirates in exchange for coin…All right then. If it’s gold you need, take mine. Here, this is all I have. Take it, and go to your mother’s side.”

Castor:
“But Princess…I betrayed you! …Ach, I’ve been a fool! Forgive me, Princess. Let me fight for you now. Me life is yours.

Quote

Shiida:
“Nabarl! Since when does a swordsman of your caliber fall in with thieves and cutthroats?”

Nabarl:
“What? Who are you? Fly away, girl, before someone decides to swat you.”

Shiida:
“Please, Nabarl. Why fight for nothing when you can fight for something? Leave this rabble. Lend your sword to our cause. Or, if you will not, then turn it on me now instead.”

Nabarl:
“…Nay, I’ll turn no blade of mine on a women. If you’re willing to pay for my services with your life, then consider yourself the high bidder. My sword is yours.

Quote

Shiida:
“Good day, sir.”

Roger:
“Ack!”

Shiida:
“Peace, I’ve no wish to fight you. My name is Shiida. I hail from Talys.”

Roger:
“Wh-what are you talking to me for?! This is a battlefield!”

Shiida:
“Might I trouble you by asking your name, good sir?”

Roger:
“M-my name? That’s- It’s Roger… Why?”

Shiida:
“Hee hee, forgive me, Roger, it’s just you looked sweet and kind. I just had to stop and talk to you. Tell me: do you believe in love? Oh, listen to me. I’m sure you already have a sweetheart back in Grust.”

Roger:
“What?! No, no! I… mean, er, I’m quite unattached at the moment.”

Shiida:
“Roger, think of the children- the poor women and children who shed tears every day this war drags on. I joined the Akaneian League to put an end to it, but I just…just…*Sniff* Oh, Roger, doesn’t it break your heart?”

Roger:
“Aye, miss. There, there. I, too, wish nothing more than for this needless war to end.”

Shiida:
“Then…would you consider fighting with us to end it?”

Roger:
“What? Oh heavens, no… I’m sorry, but I could never betray my kingdom.”

Shiida:
“Ah, yes, I see. You must have family back in Grust who are counting on you.”

Roger:
“No, not especially. My parents are dead, and it’s not as if I’ve a girl to call my own. But Grust is my home- always has been. I won’t betray her.”

Shiida:
“And I cannot convince you to change your mind?”

Roger:
“I’m afraid not, miss.”

Shiida:
“All right, sorry to bother you. But I’m glad we had this chance to talk, Roger. You’re every bit the man I thought you were. Goodbye, then…”

Roger:
“Wait- you’re leaving?!”

Shiida:
“Well, yes, Roger, I must! Every moment I stay here, I put you at risk. What if your comrades thought you were conspiring with the enemy? No, I must go…”

Roger:
“…You’re very kind, Shiida. Dare I say, we don’t have girls quite like you back in Grust. Um, perhaps…I suppose I could…Aw, heck, I’m going with you!

Quote

Shiida:
“Hail, ballistician of Grust! Are you the one they call Jake?”

Jake:
“Hail yourself, sugar! What’s a fetching lass like you doing out here on the battlefield? And how do you know my name?”

Shiida:
“I am Shiida of Talys. An Akaneian woman by the name of Anna told me about you.”

Jake:
“Really? Anna mentioned me? …In a good way, right?”

Shiida:
“She’s very worried about you. She wants to know why such a good man is fighting for the wrong side.”

Jake:
“Wrong side? Hmm… Well, I have to admit, I’m not too keen on kicking Akaneia while they’re down…”

Shiida:
“They why not fight for Akaneia instead? Help us defeat Grust and Doluna, and set the world right.”

Jake:
“Well…I don’t know. I don’t think it’s that simple… Hmm…”

Shiida:
“Anna would love you for it, I’m sure.”

Jake:
“She would? Hmmm… All right, you win. But I’m doin’ it for Anna-“
just to be clear

Quote

Shiida:
“General Lorenz! My name is Shiida. I hail from Talys. My father has told me quite a bit about you.”

Lorenz:
“Princess Shiida! My, look what a lovely young woman you’ve grown into. Your father was a good friend to me, many years ago.”

Shiida:
“General, I heard you opposed Grust forming an alliance with Doluna. Why didn’t you try to stop it?”

Lorenz:
“You think I did not try, Princess? Our king is meek; in the end, Doluna proved better at cowing him than I did.”

Shiida:
“But sir, surely you know that Doluna intends to use Manaketes to conquer humankind! You must act now- for Grust’s sake, if not the world’s! Join us, General Lorenz. We can put an end to this battle right now.”

Lorenz:
“Hmm…What you say makes sense enough, but I serve Grust. I cannot simply betray my country.”

Shiida:
“Ah, but what makes a country?”

Lorenz:
“Pardon?”

Shiida:
“Is it one man- your king? Or is it the countless innocent people who make their home here?”

Lorenz:
“Well, that’s- Hmm…”

Shiida:
“My father has a saying: “A kingless country is a country still; but a king without subjects rules naught but hills.” If you disobey your king to ensure his subjects’ safety, how is that a betrayal? You are protecting his reign.”

Lorenz:
“Protecting his reign? …Aha ha ha, ha ha! Ahh, that mad logic! I feel as though I’ve shed twenty years and I’m talking to your father again. You win, Princess. I yield! I will join you, in the interests of king and country. Har!

In recent games the Lord has recruited absolutely everyone for no adequately explained reason. Here's an adequately explained reason: a way with words and some cleverness.

Edited by Gima

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Again, you're just proving my point that archers are pointless to have since there's very little incentive to use archers unless you are stuck with some units like Niles in Conquest.

But this can work out if they can make it so that archers can shoot in 3 ranges with whatever weapon instead of just the long bow and mages only have 2 range. That can work out pretty well. And if you make powerful bows like a bow that can tear down armor like the armorslayer, that can work too.

I get your point, but I still think and I feel that it has some potential if done right.

 

Archer's can easily be balanced if you just give them good stats and a 1-2 range option as Fates showed. The issue is that just mashing them together with a mage overrides their advantages. The balancing factor for mages is their low defense. Have that on a hybrid and you've basically given mags bow's with no incentive to use them. Having a hybrid with good defense and you've basically got a really good mage with still no reason to use bows. In a vacuum bows are an inferior weapon to bows but they are (or at least they should be) balanced in games by the specific stats that are required to use them. Typically mages and archers just don't have the required stats that make such a fusion viable.

Edited by Jotari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gima Thank you for the elaboration. Those recruitment conversations made me forget how lowkey iconic Caeda is.

11 hours ago, Harvey said:

Again, you're just proving my point that archers are pointless to have since there's very little incentive to use archers unless you are stuck with some units like Niles in Conquest.

But this can work out if they can make it so that archers can shoot in 3 ranges with whatever weapon instead of just the long bow and mages only have 2 range. That can work out pretty well. And if you make powerful bows like a bow that can tear down armor like the armorslayer, that can work too.

I get your point, but I still think and I feel that it has some potential if done right.

 

Archers usually get the short end of the stick, and a bow that works as an armorslayer would be a nice addition to the class. 

The thing archers have over mages is that they tend to be less squishy than mages, and are the only physical units that can counter them at range. And they're also good at weakening enemies so your less weaker units can score some exp kills. They have their niche, however limited it may be. There are some archers in the series worth using though, like Jeorge, Jamka, Faval, Tanya, Wolf, Louise, Shinon, Rolf, Niles and Takumi.

I think the only way for a magic bow user to work is if they're able receive a bow that has some sort of elemental affinity, like a levin sword, so it's effective against pegasus knights and armored units.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like for a Bow/Magic user to work, they'd have to be built like Ronan from Thracia... which is a really, really bad thing, since Ronan is straight up a joke. If he even had access to magic, he'd 100% be just a magic unit who had an unnecessary ability to wield a bow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually have a few ideas that I think could work:

For almost every FE lord, their parent dies at some point in the story and they have to inherit the responsibility. But what about something more like the legends of King Arthur; where the parent dies and the orphaned crown prince is raised by a knight and that knight's family, and the crown prince has no idea (until later in the story) about his royal lineage or the fact that his foster family is not blood-related; maybe make it that not even his foster siblings know; only the knight who took him in knows. That actually would make it even more like Arthurian legend.

Another idea I had, which I think would probably best work in a game with multiple lord characters, is an older lord character. One thing that I am finding increasingly fascinating is stories which have older protagonists (Agent Gibbs in NCIS, Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation, Eddard Stark in season 1 of GoT, etc.), and I do think an older lord character could work quite well in an FE game. For one, it would break from the typical parent dies/coming-of-age story usually used in an FE game and would allow for more creativity.

Those are my ideas plot-wise/character-wise. Gameplay-wise, it would be interesting to see a departure from the typical swordsman hero. An archer, a mage, a dragon, etc., could be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vanguard333 said:

I actually have a few ideas that I think could work:

For almost every FE lord, their parent dies at some point in the story and they have to inherit the responsibility. But what about something more like the legends of King Arthur; where the parent dies and the orphaned crown prince is raised by a knight and that knight's family, and the crown prince has no idea (until later in the story) about his royal lineage or the fact that his foster family is not blood-related; maybe make it that not even his foster siblings know; only the knight who took him in knows. That actually would make it even more like Arthurian legend.

Another idea I had, which I think would probably best work in a game with multiple lord characters, is an older lord character. One thing that I am finding increasingly fascinating is stories which have older protagonists (Agent Gibbs in NCIS, Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation, Eddard Stark in season 1 of GoT, etc.), and I do think an older lord character could work quite well in an FE game. For one, it would break from the typical parent dies/coming-of-age story usually used in an FE game and would allow for more creativity.

Those are my ideas plot-wise/character-wise. Gameplay-wise, it would be interesting to see a departure from the typical swordsman hero. An archer, a mage, a dragon, etc., could be interesting.

Spoiler

That first one is basically Alm.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jotari said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That first one is basically Alm.

 

Oh. I did not know that. I haven't played Gaiden and I am trying to remain as spoiler-free as possible for FE Echoes (thanks for not mentioning which kingdom). Anyway, I'm sure there's a way to make it different from ... while still being similar to what I described.

EDIT: By the way, what did you think of the other idea?

Edited by vanguard333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Gameplay-wise, it would be interesting to see a departure from the typical swordsman hero. An archer, a mage, a dragon, etc., could be interesting.

Micaiah

Corrin

And I don't think people realize how infuriating an Archer lord would be for 95% of people who play FE. For the hardcore, coming up with scenarios and strategies to use Archers isn't a big deal. For everyone else, Archers fall behind real quick. Think back to your first FE, and how much you used Archers compared to every other unit. I struggled to use Rath(Who is far and away the least difficult bow unit to use in FE7) during my first ever FE playthrough, because I really, really liked his design, and once I promoted him, I pretty much exclusively gave him swords.

Edited by Slumber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Micaiah

Corrin

And I don't think people realize how infuriating an Archer lord would be for 95% of people who play FE. For the hardcore, coming up with scenarios and strategies to use Archers isn't a big deal. For everyone else, Archers fall behind real quick. Think back to your first FE, and how much you used Archers compared to every other unit. I struggled to use Rath(Who is far and away the least difficult bow unit to use in FE7) during my first ever FE playthrough, because I really, really liked his design, and once I promoted him, I pretty much exclusively gave him swords.

I was really just agreeing with what others have said (and I never said they were new ideas; just that they break from the typical swordsman lord character). I'm not trying to disagree, just clarify what I was originally trying to say.

My first FE game was Path of Radiance, where the only two archers were Rolf and Shinon, who, despite their problems, were pretty good characters. Plus they enabled me to use ballistae which helped on some of the maps. Ultimately, yes, archers can fall behind. In my first playthrough of Awakening I never used Virion. So there definitely is risk to having an archer lord character, but, done right, I honestly think it could work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

Oh. I did not know that. I haven't played Gaiden and I am trying to remain as spoiler-free as possible for FE Echoes (thanks for not mentioning which kingdom). Anyway, I'm sure there's a way to make it different from ... while still being similar to what I described.

EDIT: By the way, what did you think of the other idea?

Already said pretty much the same thing earlier in the thread. Unfortunately however I think of all the crazy ideas, an older lord is the least likely even though it's not that crazy at all. The young protagonist is just so deeply ingrained in modern fiction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd personally love to see a Dark Mage Lord the most. As far as I know we've had a grand total of one Lord in the FE series who can't use physical weapons at all (Micaiah). Dark magic is also normally associated with evil, so playing off of that would be pretty easy to do. Can make the Lord more aggressive/less merciful than most in the series, or make it so you spend a large part of the story not entirely sure if you're actually playing a hero or if the game is letting you play as an evil protagonist. It would be something quite different for the series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheNiddo said:

I'd personally love to see a Dark Mage Lord the most. As far as I know we've had a grand total of one Lord in the FE series who can't use physical weapons at all (Micaiah). Dark magic is also normally associated with evil, so playing off of that would be pretty easy to do. Can make the Lord more aggressive/less merciful than most in the series, or make it so you spend a large part of the story not entirely sure if you're actually playing a hero or if the game is letting you play as an evil protagonist. It would be something quite different for the series. 

Nitpick, but Micaiah can doink enemies with staves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Nitpick, but Micaiah can doink enemies with staves.

She can't actively choose to, she can only counter attack with one.

Close enough!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2017 at 6:18 PM, Slumber said:

I wouldn't mind a lord that promoted into a special Pegasus/Wyvern unit, but I think they should start out unmounted. I think starting mounted would be overkill for players who play FE a bunch, and know how to rush a gate/castle/throne safely, and I think it'd cause a bunch of frustrated game overs for people who are new, and haven't gotten bow and enemy range down quite yet. 

So, basically Sasha from Tear Ring Saga as the main character?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going back to the old school on this one.

Give me another FE1 Marth. You know, the wide-eyed, adorable and childlike dork that says silly things. He or she would be a noble raised in near-isolation, in what to them was essentially a perfect, happy world. They'd be in for a rude awakening for sure once the plot got kicked off, and once they were forced to flee and raise an army, you'd get this great juxtaposition between everyone else in the army being like, "...are you kidding me with this guy/girl?"

People would consider them annoying, and "just a kid." Kinder characters would treat them gently, but perhaps with pity. I.E., "They're in for it, eventually..."

He or she can become more serious over the course of the game like Marth did in Mystery, but keep to their kind and sweet outlook.

But give me lines like:

Mentor: Your Majesty, you have to choose which units to deploy.

Lord: Um...all of them.

Mentor: You can't do that, Majesty. You must choose.

Lord: Oh, okay! Um...all of them. :P:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...