New Lord Ideas

Jotari

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually would like to see a villainous Lord, like a noble from the antagonist faction, especially if they do an Ike-style main character. Sorta like Berkut, only they may end up being recruitable / be more sympathetic (depending on your opinion of Berkut).

For a noble-born protag I agree that they should be female and have some uniqueness to them, i.e. a bow user or a dragon rider. Other than that, I think people have already said what I want from the new main character.

They should do something original like make it a male blue haired swordsmen. I don't think they've done that yet.

Jk, I actually really like that, but I want something new. Let's see we have a Sword Lord, Lance Lord, Axe Lord, Bow Lord (Takumi sort of and Lyn sort of), and a Tome Lord. We've even had a lord that can turn into a dragon. No lord that can turn into a beast. If this was Tellius, it'd be interesting if the main character was a laguz and fought with a sword normally then transformed into whatever.

17 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

They should do something original like make it a male blue haired swordsmen. I don't think they've done that yet.

Jk, I actually really like that, but I want something new. Let's see we have a Sword Lord, Lance Lord, Axe Lord, Bow Lord (Takumi sort of and Lyn sort of), and a Tome Lord. We've even had a lord that can turn into a dragon. No lord that can turn into a beast. If this was Tellius, it'd be interesting if the main character was a laguz and fought with a sword normally then transformed into whatever.

Next lord will be a Shuriken Lord. Fire Emblem: NInja Storm.

Edited by Jotari

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Next lord will be a Shuriken Lord. Fire Emblem: NInja Storm.

Or maybe a new class Lord who fights with his fist and uses energy attacks or something. Fire Emblem: Budokai Tenkaichi.

• 2 weeks later...

Something I was thinking of a few days back is what if the "lord" or protagonist is a pirate or brigande of sorts? Basically the game starts out with the main character and perhaps a few of his buddies where they are raiding and plundering, much like the Vikings. Maybe he's the son of a Brigand chief or something and he sails out to plunder on specific islands, but after a few battles he hears of bigger problems in the world and goes from raiding to trying to stop this menace. Now this is just to give you a rough idea of what I was thinking, obviously something like this requires some polishing but honestly I think there's a lot of potential here and would be a very unique and interesting lord.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see a Peasant Lord. In the Prologue, we could have this little Villager running around and then his village is attacked by bandits. He helps fight them off, and then we follow him on his journey as he joins the local guard and then gets picked up by some of the county's knights and then the upper lord's knights and basically grows as he constantly gets promoted throughout the story. It would also be interesting as unlike Alm, he actually doesn't have any royal blood and is just a normal peasant hoping to get a role in the world. Basically, if Tobin was the main character rather than Alm.

To echo what others have said, a lord who decides to leave their home and rejects their heritage (much like a certain myrmidon) could be interesting. Their journey could be one taken to see the world and experience life free of their old burdens instead of being forced to flee due to a disaster of some kind. Perhaps they leave to simply avoid the fate of being ruler one day. The starting companions could be a close group of friends/retainers who leave their posts to support them.

Playing through Tearring Saga, and I'm realizing how much Holmes is a lot of these things. He's a bow wielding pirate who hates that he's the son of a hotshot noble hero. Gameplay-wise, he's turned me off of the idea of a bow wielding hero, though. Like, it's cool that he's basically never in danger, but he's kind of a chore to use and level up. Personality-wise he's a bit too much of an asshole.

Edited by Slumber

On 6/26/2017 at 8:16 PM, SavageVolug said:

Something I was thinking of a few days back is what if the "lord" or protagonist is a pirate or brigande of sorts? Basically the game starts out with the main character and perhaps a few of his buddies where they are raiding and plundering, much like the Vikings.  Maybe he's the son of a Brigand chief or something and he sails out to plunder on specific islands, but after a few battles he hears of bigger problems in the world and goes from raiding to trying to stop this menace.  Now this is just to give you a rough idea of what I was thinking, obviously something like this requires some polishing but honestly I think there's a lot of potential here and would be a very unique and interesting lord.

This is a lot like what I thought of for one of my own Lord OCs, with some differences.

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Playing through Tearring Saga, and I'm realizing how much Holmes is a lot of these things. He's a bow wielding pirate who hates that he's the son of a hotshot noble hero. Gameplay-wise, he's turned me off of the idea of a bow wielding hero, though. Like, it's cool that he's basically never in danger, but he's kind of a chore to use and level up. Personality-wise he's a bit too much of an asshole.

That's something I worry about when it comes to having a lord who's more self-centered. Done right, it can lead to some great character development. Done wrong, it can lead to an unlikeable protagonist.

4 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

That's something I worry about when it comes to having a lord who's more self-centered. Done right, it can lead to some great character development. Done wrong, it can lead to an unlikeable protagonist.

I think a great example of this is Luke from Tales of the Abyss. For the first 3rd of the game, he's so irritating! The last two thirds make him much more likable, but you have to suffer through all the arrogance first. His story is compelling and I love how he grew up in the end, but actually playing through it with him as the protagonist is different than how it would have been if he'd been a side character.

2 hours ago, Chconroy said:

Holmes isn't completely unlikable. He straddles the line between "lovable asshole" and "asshole" most of the time.

He's on the lovable side when he's dealing with most player units and villains, since most player units can deal with it and you WANT to see villains get taken down a peg and fucked with. But then he deals with Katri, and he's just a complete asshole to her. He'll compliment her, she'll act excited that he's being nice to her for once, then he'll go "Haha, just kidding, fuck you." And at those points, it's really hard to root for Holmes.

If you could just rid of those moments, an asshole-y lord could be a lot more enjoyable.

Edited by Slumber

12 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Holmes isn't completely unlikable. He straddles the line between "lovable asshole" and "asshole" most of the time.

He's on the lovable side when he's dealing with most player units and villains, since most player units can deal with it and you WANT to see villains get taken down a peg and fucked with. But then he deals with Katri, and he's just a complete asshole to her. He'll compliment her, she'll act excited that he's being nice to her for once, then he'll go "Haha, just kidding, fuck you." And at those points, it's really hard to root for Holmes.

If you could just rid of those moments, an asshole-y lord could be a lot more enjoyable.

The moments where Holme is more of a "lovable asshole" sound like moments where I would enjoy the character. If IS wanted to do an FE lord like that, I wouldn't mind.

Let's just stay clear of plain "asshole". 

4 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

The moments where Holme is more of a "lovable asshole" sound like moments where I would enjoy the character. If IS wanted to do an FE lord like that, I wouldn't mind.

Let's just stay clear of plain "asshole". 

TRS has a lot of characters that I'd like to see IS have a take on(Oh boy, Zieg...), but Holmes would be a neat one to get a second take.

2 hours ago, Chconroy said:

I do agree. If the next lord is self-centered, then why people would join his army? Considering the lord of most games recruit most of the allies. Why should his allies support him if the main character just see them as tools. Or the opposite  is true where most of the army is self centered, then it is harder to  sympathizes with  the good guys. It all depends on the writing.  

On the idea of a support lord, I feel poor about the idea. Considering that I am required to use the main character through 25-35 levels. I expect to pull it's own weight. Especially there is a late game promotion here they to grow as a person. Just gives me Roy flashbacks.  

Edited by Jingle Jangle

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

On the idea of a support lord, I feel poor about the idea. Considering that I am required to use the main character through 25-35 levels. I expect to pull it's own weight. Especially there is a late game promotion here they to grow as a person. Just gives me Roy flashbacks.  

Got it. Let's make the next lord a healer who doesn't promote until the last chapter. I see no problems with this.

On a serious note, a support Lord would be an interesting take, but I'm not sure what's the best way to implement it.

3 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I do agree. If the next lord is self-centered, then why people would join his army? Considering the lord of most games recruit most of the allies. Why should his allies support him if the main character just see them as tools. Or the opposite  is true where most of the army is self centered, then it is harder to  sympathizes with  the good guys. It all depends on the writing.  

A support lord can still pull their weight if the support is useful.

I'm fine with a fairly traditional Lord I suppose (swords, infantry, nobleman, blue hair, the like) but I wouldn't mind seeing one that's perhaps a bit stubborn and it leads to bad things happening.  He's charismatic and strong and he knows it, but he's also inexperienced and it takes a hard-learned lesson to get him to realize it.

15 minutes ago, Protato said:

I'm fine with a fairly traditional Lord I suppose (swords, infantry, nobleman, blue hair, the like) but I wouldn't mind seeing one that's perhaps a bit stubborn and it leads to bad things happening.  He's charismatic and strong and he knows it, but he's also inexperienced and it takes a hard-learned lesson to get him to realize it.

Sooo basically Sigurd, if, you know... the thing didn't happen.

I like the Idea of a lord who is one of those ephraim types who is very dissatisfied with the thought of being king, but have it taken to the extreme where he is a warrior who is only trying to restore his kingdom to hopefully make his decision between the throne or himself, his supporters could be a deciding factor between his endings, like if he is unsupported he will ascend to the throne but his indecision will cause his kingdom to collapse and he will be killed in a coup, or one of his supports could have him after the final battle taking the crown and throwing it into the crowd as if to say "whoever wants it can have it" and then he leaves to become a mercenary, dooming the kingdom to collapse from infighting and coups, another could have him taking his support partner as his advisor ushering in an age of prosperity for the nation.

This idea is one that I had along with the game being portrayed from the perspective of your avatar with the main lord being the lead of the army but your decisions that you make for your avatar (backstory, supports, class, etc.) would change the perspective that the game is shot from, like if you become a primary member of the army (have a high number of battles and wins) you will be in the war room when plans are being made or you will be just conversing with lower level members of the army, the same result can occur if you get a high support rank with the main lord. 

as for weapons and design, whatever works, he can be a blue haired sword user or a pink haired freak 8 ball in a sock user or whatever equivalent you want to make to that. I personally quite like swords and I find the typical demands for less sword users to be a bit tiresome.

Hmm, I want to see a female lord who is the lone protagonist (not like how Lyn has to share the role with Eliwood and Hector, Eirika with Ephraim, how Micaiah has Ike come on along and take her spotlight and Celica with Alm) but has a little brother just to change things up from the usual older brother with younger sister trend and for one I would hope for her to not follow the naive sheltered female trope again as Celica, Eirika (my favorite of them who imo did it right) and Corrin (I view the female version as the canon one as this explains http://superdawge.tumblr.com/post/162519627492/fe-analysis-female-corrins-popularity). As best of what I could think of her personality I was thinking something kinda like Velvet from Tales of Berseria. 

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

One thing I would like to see if maybe a knight captain as the protagonist (maybe have a proloque set of maps he goes through basic training then gets honored as a knight, then timeskip to later when after the chapter 1 mission he gets promoted to captain) actually see fault in his kingdom and try to change it from the inside (something I think conquest tried doing but ultimately failed) and pulling a page from Radiant Dawn, maybe the King/Queen's advisors overthrow them and the knight captain is the only one (along with his squad) to side with the king, and could then take a page from path of radiance with how Ike and the mercenaries stayed with Elincia. So then with him keeping his oath to his ruler, he tries to protect them and stop his kingdom from the political corruption. Basically I'm trying to describe Flynn from tales of vesperia/ the protagonist of Mercenaries Saga 2. As They both are knights/knight captains who deal with political corruption in their respective games. And I'm drawing from a bit of Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn since originally it started off strong with Ike being a non-lord but he then promotes to lord. IDK how well this would actually work, heck maybe even have the knight captain be female and maybe even be like a cavalier (like Sigurd was in genealogy part 1) that way they are always a viable unit.