Characters that make sense for FE Warriors

Harvey

So we all know the news that FE warriors will show up this year and most of us are hyped about it.

With a little thought, I realized that it would not be possible for the devs to put all the characters in the game as well....I don't know about you but it would just be a nightmare for the devs to do so.

That said, this here is to pitch out characters that MAKE sense to show up in Warriors so those just trolling on the fact that Awakening and Fates units will only appear here isn't going to work out since..well, they most likely will be part of the main story campaign or something.

Let's start with Hector: Now it really makes sense for this guy to show up in this game. I mean..look at him! he swings his axe like he doesn't care how close anyone is, he's tanky and is known to tear down multiple units at once. The only downside is that this guy could potentially just end up being DLC character and end up being just soulless like Heroes but then again, since Roy was a complete idiot to let him die like that, its kinda expected.

Then there's Rutger/Jaffar. These guys are completely violent both gameplay and character wises. Both these guys make a LOT of sense to be in Warriors because of their personalities being that of extreme violence and bloodshed.

Those are my thoughts of sensible characters for FE warriors.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets not forget we still have manaketes and laguels for some animal based character movesets. we arnt just limited to that of the weapon triangle. we might also get ether takumi or that one bow user from path of radiance in here as well. theres tons of possible options of characters to be added, its just a matter in toeis mind how unique they can make their movesets like chrom.

I can see Ike, Chrom, Micaiah, Marth, Lyn, Hector and Tiki getting in.

6 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Then there's Rutger/Jaffar. These guys are completely violent both gameplay and character wises. Both these guys make a LOT of sense to be in Warriors because of their personalities being that of extreme violence and bloodshed.

So just because they like to kill people, means that them being in FE Warriors makes a lot of sense? That is some of the flimsiest justification I have ever heard.

3 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

So just because they like to kill people, means that them being in FE Warriors makes a lot of sense? That is some of the flimsiest justification I have ever heard.

I meant it in the way that these guys often go in their own ways and such and since people are after them, it makes all the more sense to have them as characters since they are one of the fastest.

21 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Roy was a complete idiot to let him die like that

How, exactly, was Roy supposed to prevent Hector dying, and how does that make him an idiot?  By the time he and Pherae's troops reached him, he was already too seriously injured to be saved.  It's not Roy's fault at all when there's literally nothing Roy could have done to help him.

I think interesting things can be done with Micaiah's light magic, and she'd be the most logical choice for that weapon type (the only real competition she would have is Julia).  She can have support skills too, since she gets Staves are the usual "mess with foes and help allies" items.    

May seem far fetched but BigKlingy said that Lewyn from FE4 will fit well because how Lewyn and his son work as a unit fits the style of a warriors game.

Bunch of enemies approach you, you wield powerful weapon, most enemies have trouble landing a hit on you, you are moving very fast and all the enemies are gone. 

I think one of the soldiers should be in from Tellius. Either Nephenee or Aran, but it will likely be Nephenee (Why not both though? Just add Aran as an alt costume for Nephenee) They represent the soldier class as a whole, that for the longest time was only an enemy. They are also one of the few non mounted lance users in the series. so that adds a bit of uniqueness to them as well. I will not be surprised at all, and actually hope, that they are playable. Of course Oboro could fit this as well, but she wasnt exactly the soldier class. She was a lance fighter, and felt unconnected to the typical soldier that is fought so much in the series, so I still think the Tellius soldiers should be in.

Volke should also be in, as I think he could have an interesting combat style to make him unique from other rogues/assassins of the series. That and he was Tellius's only assassin, the others were Whisperknifes ( I may be thinking of Neverwinter there) or something like that.

Out of the recent games, I think the Awakening Trio should be in. Severa/Selena. Laslow/Inigo, and Odin/Owain. All three are sword fighters of some kind, but being different enough for various styles. Base them off of their promotions in Fates and we have a Bow Knight, A Hero, and either a Sorcerer or Swordmaster depending on which version they go with for Owain.

1 hour ago, Meanlucario said:

I think all the Lords/Heroes and most humanoid villains (like Lyon) have a good chance of showing up, plus some popular non-royals.

This is what I think will happen, with a few reps for different classes to represent all classes.  But I am really only expecting lords and popular villains with other characters getting DLC down the line. 

Koei isn't one to put obvious picks in all the time. I mean they made characters like Agatha and Ruto show up in Hyrule Warriors for instance, and in their own games, we have people who fight with a paintbrush & calligraphy, a rake, a flute, a harp, etc. 

All sorts of goofy things. Not to mention since Dynasty and Samurai Warriors are semi historical they aren't afraid to add characters who don't actually exist and only do in folklore, so "obvious" picks aren't the most safe bet for at least a good number of characters, unless they decide to be boring for once.

Edited by Jedi

It'll have Ike because he was in that mock up screenshot of what an FE Warriors game would look like that was the obvious inspiration for FE Warriors.

6 minutes ago, Refa said:

It'll have Ike because he was in that mock up screenshot of what an FE Warriors game would look like that was the obvious inspiration for FE Warriors.

Haha, for sure, and Camus then, because he was in that picture too. Said picture also had the Warriors Orochi HUD for switching characters, so I was partly thinking maybe they'll do that, but with a duo instead of a trio. For the whole "FE Supports" thing.

Hyrule Warriors was less "How popular is this character" and more "What cool things can this character bring to the table?" That said, expect to see some out there things among the more "likely" characters. Dancers in particular are a shoe in because dancing turns combat into a performance art, and Warriors is all about the Rule of Cool.

Edited by Gima

Ike is definitely on top of the list for FE Warriors, at least in my opinion, and giving him Ragnell will give him a shockwave like charge attack that a lot of characters in Warriors games have.  I can see Lyn, Hector, Micaiah, Ephraim, and Alm being in as well in terms of Lords.  Black Knight or Walhart can definitely stand in as the archetypal Lu Bu character, which would be great to see either or both.  I can see all of the Nohr and Hoshido siblings making it into the game, even though I would only want Takumi (for the bow and arrow variety), Ryoma, Leo, and Camilla to be in for the siblings.  It would be really cool to see the utility class heroes to be in the game as well, such as Ninian or Nils as Dancer and Bard respectively.  Since Warriors games are known to be very over the top and exaggerated, it wouldn't be too out of the ordinary to incorporate the Dancer, Bard, or even Priest(ess) classes to actually fight.

9 hours ago, Rend Keaven said:

May seem far fetched but BigKlingy said that Lewyn from FE4 will fit well because how Lewyn and his son work as a unit fits the style of a warriors game.

Bunch of enemies approach you, you wield powerful weapon, most enemies have trouble landing a hit on you, you are moving very fast and all the enemies are gone. 

I am totally for Lewyn as the main mage. He was so unbelievably overpowered in FE4 and I'm certain nintendo is going to do its best to ignore FE4 characters. 

The one issue with most FE4 characters is that they practically all fall into a character archetype where there are more popular and well known characters from later games that can easily fit that position. The basic character types like cavaliers and archers already have good options and FE4 would just be too obscure. Lewyn/Ced was decently unique an Forseti was awesome. I would also love to see Lex since he was the first axe character I actually found to be useful and he seems to have that witty ass-kicking personality that just works for a wild hack and slash like a Warriors game. 

I'd say logically it would be outside the obvious confirmed characters(Marth, Chrom/Lucina, Corrin, Xander and Ryoma): 

Ike: A slow heavy hitting sword user sword beam attack from Ragnell with the obvious Great Aether as his ultimate special Radiant Dawn older self as a skin.

Lyn: I personally would make her the fastest unit in the game with quick combos with her Mani/Sol Katti and has bow utility and high crit chancing(if crits will be implemented). Skin could be her Awakening Swordmaster outfit or a redesign Blade Lord outfit.

Hector: Only Axe Lord could be like Darunia with his Armads. Skin could be his prmooted Lord class.

Roy: balance between power and speed Sword of Seals/Binding Blade can attack at distances too. Skin his obvious Redesign Smash 4 Master Lord outfit.

Micaiah: Can use many forms of light magic her skins are pretty obvious.

Ephraim: Only Lance Lord having the longer reach to enemies 

Eirika: fast in speed and combos 2nd to Lyn but a bit weak in strength for difference.

Black Knight: The slowest of them all and the Lu Bu of the game.

Camilla: Fanservice and a wyvern riding fighter with Axes and tomes I expect a lewd skin for her.

Takumi and Leo: a mounted mage and a bow user very fun potential.

Tiki(young): obvious icon self proclaim mascot do cute attacks in humanoid form, massive attacks in divine dragon form. Adult form can be a skin.

Alm and Celica: obvious choices Alm can be like Ike but faster and Celica can dual wield Magic and Swords.

So far these are fitting to me imo

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Prior to Heroes, I would say it would easily be Fates heavy (when there are essentially 10 lord-like characters alone in that game) and some of the Awakening favorites, followed by some Smash characters (Marth, Roy, Ike) and if we were lucky we'd get Eliwood, Lyn, and Hector. I had no idea about villains, but I would have predicted Awakening+Fates along with new people.

Now that Heroes is out, I think that there's a much better chance of previous characters returning (not sure why but when I saw Hawkeye I knew that they weren't afraid to go with anyone regardless of how old they were). I think that we could see something like heroes with certain characters focused first and more added later. I think they won't add everyone (obviously), but do it sort of like:

Characters focused on in Heroes and other popular picks, like Camilla, Takumi, Lyn, Roy, Chrom, Lissa, Azura; the 5 star focus heroes and characters like Chrom, Ryoma and Xander who many people will recognize.

After that, "game packs", like a Fates pack, Awakening pack, Blazing Blade pack, etc. I could see some packs being released together, but again with them reaching back to into some of the older games for Heroes they really could go anywhere with it. I'm happy about this though, I really didn't want FE:3DS Warriors.

As for best fitting characters, really anyone. There'll be at least one of each character archetype. I could see them going with Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Lyn, Hector, Eliwood, Camilla, Takumi, and Ike for the first set, then expand out with Roy, Xander, Ryoma, and others as unlocks through an Adventure mode like Hyrule Warriors.

To be honest, all the characters - outside the obvious ones - have a pretty decent chance of appearing. Like Jedi said, Koei isn't afraid of romanticizing or straight up making move sets out of the impossible or pulling characters out of legends. Mages: they have those. Archers: literally the spawn of Satan in the earlier games. Lancers: practically half of the cast in the older DW games were these. And, they know how to make them work, too.

So, any character would work is my answer. Of course, I have some favorites I would like to see such as Arthur, Mozu, Aran and Heath, but I'm confident that I will enjoy what characters they choose to include in the game.

I think a good non-lord character addition is Anna. She's a fun character and represents the overall series, plus she's pretty popular too.

The one I'd like to see most is Eirika because she's my favorite lord but any of my other favorites from Sacred Stones would be great too.

Edited by Sweet_Basil