FE4 Branched promotions?

Sagi

Hello everyone!

I wanted to ask you about some hack stuff regarding FE4. I've seen several hacks, for exemple Binary or FE4 remix, that features the branched promotion: just like Sacred Stones and Awakening, units can promote into 2 diferent classes (however, in Binary some units like Arthur have 3 diferent promotions iirc).

Very few people will remember that I have my own FE4 hack, but in any case, I would like to know if there's some way to add branched promotions too. Do I need a special patch? Maybe it's done by using HEX? I would really apreciate your help!

Thanks! 

5 hours ago, Sagi said:

Hello everyone!

I wanted to ask you about some hack stuff regarding FE4. I've seen several hacks, for exemple Binary or FE4 remix, that features the branched promotion: just like Sacred Stones and Awakening, units can promote into 2 diferent classes (however, in Binary some units like Arthur have 3 diferent promotions iirc).

Very few people will remember that I have my own FE4 hack, but in any case, I would like to know if there's some way to add branched promotions too. Do I need a special patch? Maybe it's done by using HEX? I would really apreciate your help!

Thanks! 

You should try Camus the Dark Knight patch https://serenesforest.net/general/translation-patches-and-hacks/holy-war-fire-emblem-4-remix/

It already has the Branch Promotion feature.

Well, yeah, it could work if I add my modifications after using that patch. But I don't really like the idea, it would be like, stealing Camus' job :p 

There's also the fact that those branched promotions would be predeterminated. It would be amazing if I could add my own.

Thanks for your answer though!

A lot of the features he's got are part of a pack of stuff from the repository. I don't have a link handy but I can probably see if I've got it saved somewhere. Most of them are a straight IPS patch, but a few require some tinkering.

On 9/2/2017 at 0:54 PM, hanhnn said:

He's American, why don't you ask him?

I tried asking some friends around here, but they didn't know about this user. I also tried looking for a tool that allows to search especific users within the forum, we had that on FEWoD (maybe it does exist but I didn't find it)

If you know him, It would help me a lot if you tell him about this.

On 11/2/2017 at 1:09 PM, Shin said:

A lot of the features he's got are part of a pack of stuff from the repository. I don't have a link handy but I can probably see if I've got it saved somewhere. Most of them are a straight IPS patch, but a few require some tinkering.

I have some those tools downloaded, like Lamia's and several patches, but nothing about branched promotions though. I assume that requires some preparation (HEX?). If you find it, it would be amazing!