So the final poll results are here

Lightchao42

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I think the closeness of the Robins' placements definitely makes sense (although male and female Robin did have more noticeable personality differences). They are the same character.

Again, what makes male Corrin so unpopular compared to female Corrin? Is it just design? Is it personality? Or is it both? I can understand people who like female Corrin's design more. But I'm also the kind of person who believes that you cannot truly like a character if the only thing you like about them is their design. If you hate male Corrin for his personality, then you should also hate female Corrin for her personality because they are the same personality. So I just get the feeling that with respect to the Corrins, there is waifuism, projection and/or bias in play. And that really bothers me.

I doubt the people who voted for f!Corrin hate m!Corrin. Most likely they wanted to vote for a Corrin and choose the one with the design they like better since that is the only real differnace between them

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I think the closeness of the Robins' placements definitely makes sense (although male and female Robin did have more noticeable personality differences). They are the same character.

Again, what makes male Corrin so unpopular compared to female Corrin? Is it just design? Is it personality? Or is it both? I can understand people who like female Corrin's design more. But I'm also the kind of person who believes that you cannot truly like a character if the only thing you like about them is their design. If you hate male Corrin for his personality, then you should also hate female Corrin for her personality because they are the same personality. So I just get the feeling that with respect to the Corrins, there is waifuism, projection and/or bias in play. And that really bothers me.

I've played Fates with both Corrins and I strongly prefer female, much more so than I do with the Robins (where I also prefer female, but I'm fine with male). It's not just the design, I just don't like seeing and hearing male Corrin in battle. I don't like his voice or the way his lines sound. And despite the fact that they are the same character in the story, gender does make a difference in how characters are perceived.

1 minute ago, Alto said:

I doubt the people who voted for f!Corrin hate m!Corrin. Most likely they wanted to vote for a Corrin and choose the one with the design they like better since that is the only real differnace between them

I don't think so. With the avatars I think the majority of the votes were deliberately for one or the other.

Wait... Only the top 4 are going to be special in the game??

Awww, I was wishing for everyone in the top 10! I wanted the twins too... And the otoutos... A free Leo...

Oh well, anyway! I'm actually surprised that Leo entered the top 10! I remember that at the second half, a japanese fan made a twitter requesting people to vote for Leo, now I'm sure she is super happy because he ended in the 10th position.

But really, I was hopping for every top 10 to have a special version lol.

Oh! And Oboro ended in the 60th position overall! Yatta girl! That was good for you!

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

You know...I would not be shocked if that was the case.

There are people who seem to be more accepting of naivete and more similar "subservant" traits when it's a girl doing it. Certainly not something I agree with, but it is something that people do think about.

Yeah, its not even something people can control it seems, since its just sort of ingrained due to cultural and social things..similar, yet opposite, to how we view men who openly cry or hug as 'weak' yet see nothing wrong with a girl doing those same things..like can you imagine how people would view Lucina's scene in Awakening when she does both of those things had she been a male character instead of a female one

1 minute ago, Alto said:

I wouldn't be surprised with that scenario either, I know a lot of players, male and female, chose to play as female Corrin when they played Fates due to liking the hairstyle and face options more then the male Corrin whereas I think Robin had more even like/dislike ratio for their gender options' options.

17 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Its sad people only think some characters got high because of only sex appeal it might be somewhat true but not for everyone Tharja has a cool, dark and mysterious character and Camilla while obvious has some complex things and holy mother parts to her people enjoy.

24 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The only thing that annoys me about the final results is how big of a gap there is between male and female Corrin. I don't like Corrin as a character in general, but male and female Corrin are the exact same character. Any differences between them due to support conversations are too minuscule to really count as a major personality difference. So to see her scoring within top 10 while he fell out of top 20 is a gigantic red flag to me that male and female versions of the same character aren't treated equally by the fanbase, that there's something more than just their character at work. And it really bugs me.

Also, Roy deserved his ranking and he does have fans outside of "Smash fanboys". I'm just going to be amused by people salting over Roy.

Looks or not, I'm not letting someone sly by because of good looks. They may look more appealing, but for this, personality is the maker or breaker here. While not every girl got up to the top via sex appeal, it REALLY help some...Camilla and Fe.Corrin especially. Camilla is obvious and Fe.Corrin(like most of the other girls in Fates for some freakin' reason) wears no freakin' pants(although there are instances of a bit more of a personality, but not much. Course, I''m more referring to Smash 4 taunts, so that kinda doesn't count :P:)!   

Roy, he's alright. I don't think he deserved the #1 spot, but #2 seems alright!

Edited by Busterman64

Hmm, lowest ranked character that I voted for was Mycen at 661. I wasn't trying to vote for lesser known characters at all, but this is definitely a blow to my hipster ego.

I think it's impressive that all 791 characters got at least 17 votes. Even the non-villain NPCs whom no normal person would remember after a few days got love from some place. Just thinking about that, I feel really warm. Like all the "I play Smash, what game is Ike from?" votes and Dorcas votes don't even bother me. Also Sigurd hype at 27th place for men, assuming you count Masked Marth as male.

I am sad that Soren got screwed over by the split voting, but otherwise I don't mind anything. I am surprised that Cordelia is in the top 10, I had no idea that she was so popular. :U

On the upside this has given me and my one friend plenty of fuel for our Micaiah hating Ike jokes!
Please enjoy my 10pm note-card art.

IMG_0757 (1).JPG

So the two characters I voted for placed 101th and 137th (Noire and Katarina) thats okay I'm glad that Lyn beat Lucina, Tharja and Camilla and that Ike topped males because Ike is the best lord ever of all time 

Yeah, looking at the polls, a lot of satisfied people....

Meanwhile I only managed to vote for 2 in the top 50 total (Joshua and Donnel (Also, wait why was Donnel a joke vote or is this just the usual dislike for the 3DS era?)), with the next highest being Sigurd. The lowest? Poor Osian at 489th, despite the Pugi. :P

Either way, we'll have to see what results come of it besides what's been announced.

10 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Hmm, lowest ranked character that I voted for was Mycen at 661. I wasn't trying to vote for lesser known characters at all, but this is definitely a blow to my hipster ego.

I think it's impressive that all 791 characters got at least 17 votes. Even the non-villain NPCs whom no normal person would remember after a few days got love from some place. Just thinking about that, I feel really warm. Like all the "I play Smash, what game is Ike from?" votes and Dorcas votes don't even bother me. Also Sigurd hype at 27th place for men, assuming you count Masked Marth as male.

My lowest was Tomas at 687.  Over half of my characters are past 301.  Then again, I wasn't voting to win, I voted who I actually liked. :P:

1 minute ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I am sad that Soren got screwed over by the split voting, but otherwise I don't mind anything. I am surprised that Cordelia is in the top 10, I had no idea that she was so popular. :U

On the upside this has given me and my one friend plenty of fuel for our Micaiah hating Ike jokes!
Please enjoy my 10pm note-card art.

IMG_0757 (1).JPG

Yeah, but the fact Soren was pretty dang close to being in the top 20 is still really good though!

Massive Crushing on Chrom aside, Cordelia is very likable and her supports good(when Chrom isn't involved).

18 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Where'd Brom be on that? I'm having trouble sorting through it.

1 minute ago, Team Rocket Elite said:

328th with 466 votes.

Good to see Brom this high(although I question how his daughter Meg beat him, but whatever)!

...you know...looking at these...more people need to play FE9 and FE10(course Nintendo and IS needs to make cheaper options so people will do so)!

2 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Now I wonder if this poll is going to affect the characters for Warriors

Top 20-30 characters are probably the first ones in or at least have the highest chance of getting in(although, if Dorcas makes it in that game, I will be happy...and laugh my butt off)! :XD: 

So how are we getting these costumes? Will I be able to switch costumes for my 5* Lucina, or are they going to be a completely separate Hero? Hopefully the former...

Not too much to say about the poll honestly, I wasn't that invested. I do wish they just combined characters who appeared in two games. Not much point in separating them in my opinion.

About male and female Corrin, I don't think anyone honestly likes Corrin that much as a character. F!Corrin is saved because her design is pretty, but M!Corrin isn't that cool. Also, English Corrin's voice is... something else. I WON'T SURRENDURR

Splitting votes was a mistake, methinks.

I just can't hate a character. Dislike, disapprove, disbelieve, not hate. I can't hate living people too though.

It's fine that different people have different criteria for liking/disliking characters. It wouldn't have been fun if everybody was and thought the same, would it?

Well, I definitely would have preferred if F!Robin took 10th over Nowi, and I would have liked it if Henry made it into the Top 10 as well, but I'd gladly take Leo over Donnel.

However, I'm REALLY happy Lyn won. <3 Can't wait to see those costumes and wallpapers~

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So how are we getting these costumes? Will I be able to switch costumes for my 5* Lucina, or are they going to be a completely separate Hero? Hopefully the former...

It'll most likely be the latter as most mobile games tend to make multiple versions of the same character.  For example: Fate/Grand Order has several different versions of Arturia, I believe 3 being within the same Saber class.

3 minutes ago, SHSL Ninja said:

It'll most likely be the latter as most mobile games tend to make multiple versions of the same character.  For example: Fate/Grand Order has several different versions of Arturia, I believe 3 being within the same Saber class.

Yeah, I know all about that. I'm just praying that that's not gonna be a thing, because A) Lucina has already been a Focus, and B) I'll have to pull and train another one.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Not too much to say about the poll honestly, I wasn't that invested. I do wish they just combined characters who appeared in two games. Not much point in separating them in my opinion.

About male and female Corrin, I don't think anyone honestly likes Corrin that much as a character. F!Corrin is saved because her design is pretty, but M!Corrin isn't that cool. Also, English Corrin's voice is... something else. I WON'T SURRENDURR

Was I the only one who got annoyed by the laughing clip after a while?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Splitting votes was a mistake, methinks.

I just can't hate a character. Dislike, disapprove, disbelieve, not hate. I can't hate living people too though.

It's fine that different people have different criteria for liking/disliking characters. It wouldn't have been fun if everybody was and thought the same, would it?

It was honestly a game changer for a LOT of characters(better and worse)! Screwed many over!

Also...hmmm, I don't think I really hate any character(who aren't villains). Even as much crap I give Corrin, I don't hate the guy/gal(Disappointed? yeah. Hate? Nah.)!