Do I lose any points on my 8th consecutive arena win?

Magician

12 minutes ago, Magician said:

So above 7, I still get more points? Can anyone confirm this please?

You get points deducted every time one of your units die. You get bonus points by using the bonus characters and the higher level your units are the more points you can get. There's also the factor of luck, some enemy teams give higher points, others a bit less. I'm at 4520 points right now by using 4 bonus characters and letting none die.

Thanks suchimo and birdy. So to clarify, it's your best 7 games (consecutive). Winning over 7 is points... like 10 or 25, is pointless. And if a season is 7 days long, and you get 3 per day, you have 21 tries to get 7 wins. That's very reasonable.

The way I understand is that every chain of 7 is a High score like an arcade. I currently have a high score of 1000. If I lose I have to try again and beat the 1000 to raise my high score. But If i can raise my high score it stays like that for the week until I start a new chain and beat it. (after a loss or a full chain it resets)

please correct me if I'm wrong!

Edited by Chelone

9 minutes ago, Star said:

Does any one know if difficulty affects your score in any way? It doesn't seem like it. 

It actually says your possible score when you choose an opponent. The numbers with a medal symbol.

Piggybacking off of this topic, is there any particular secret to getting a better Defense rating? I've consistently had 0 the entire time (being sure to keep my best units in the far-left team) and I'm not sure if there's even anything that can be done about it. Is it, as I suspect, literally just having the best units lol?

17 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Piggybacking off of this topic, is there any particular secret to getting a better Defense rating? I've consistently had 0 the entire time (being sure to keep my best units in the far-left team) and I'm not sure if there's even anything that can be done about it. Is it, as I suspect, literally just having the best units lol?

Nothing can really be done about it I think. What's your team? Personally I really like going up against defense teams that have a knight on them, since they only have one move and almost always arrive late to the party when it's other teammates have already died, making it easy to pick off. 

It's different on offense, but generally I'd say don't put knights in your defense team. You could also try and put your lowest/worst unit as the leader to 'bait' people into attacking you more. Or put one color (red) as the front, trying to get people with teams that mainly have (blue) think they have an easy win, only to field three (greens) with the red one, possibly countering them.

1 minute ago, Birdy said:

Nothing can really be done about it I think. What's your team? Personally I really like going up against defense teams that have a knight on them, since they only have one move and almost always arrive late to the party when it's other teammates have already died, making it easy to pick off. 

It's different on offense, but generally I'd say don't put knights in your defense team. You could also try and put your lowest/worst unit as the leader to 'bait' people into attacking you more. Or put one color (red) as the front, trying to get people with teams that mainly have (blue) think they have an easy win, only to field three (greens) with the red one, possibly countering them.

No, no knights haha. I've noticed that too, and the AI is generally not good about hanging back. Uhh current team is a bit weakened because I decided to roll over both Cherche and Robin for the time being, but formerly it was Marth 5*, adult!Tiki 4*, Robin/cherche 3*, though currently I have Est and Lissa standing in for the latter two (who tbh I'm not expecting much from... but for most of the time my team has been the aforementioned.

I should also mention that my old team (before I restarted) was Lucina 5* + Gaius/Hawkeye 4* + Florina 3* and that one had the same issue haha. 

Is your defensive team the same as your offensive team (the team that is set as your leader on the far left) or is it the team on the far right? Would actually be very helpful if the game told you which teams you have are on the defense :/

Edited by FoliFF

18 minutes ago, FoliFF said:

Is your defensive team the same as your offensive team (the team that is set as your leader on the far left) or is it the team on the far right? Would actually be very helpful if the game told you which teams you have are on the defense :/

The game does tell you, actually =3= If you click on the 'Defense Results' section of the arena and tap the question mark, the third page tells you that the team on the far left is the one that's used for defense. Any team can be used for offense, it's just whichever one you select. 

3 hours ago, BANRYU said:

The most you can do is form a solid team. After that, it's luck.