Jedi

27 minutes ago, Soledai said:

Oh my! Is it relevant to the thread if I ask what story you started with?
I mean, it is asking about Warriors. ;)

Started off with Trials of Trust. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Kirie said:

Thank you, @Jedi, for pointing out this thread to me. I've been reading through, and I do have some questions, though they're not really strictly Warriors knowledge-based. Mostly, I have more theoretical/hypothetical questions that I'd like to see answered by people who enjoy both FE and Warriors to get some of their impressions on how the game might shape up and how it will appeal to FE fans.

1. As a fan of both Fire Emblem and Warriors, what aspects exist in both games that interest you? What are things about Warriors games that might be a turn off to people who play and prefer games more like FE?

2. What specific FE mechanics would you really like to see in FE Warriors, and how do you think they'd be used? Are there any particular FE mechanics you'd really NOT like to see brought over to Warriors?

3. What are some FE characters that you think would bring something unique and interesting to Warriors and how do you think they'll impact the game?

4. What kind of a plot should we expect to see in the game? Will it be something rather bare-bones that exists only as a means to get multiple characters from different worlds in the game, or can we expect/hope for something deeper?

5. What arguments would you make to FE fans who are already turned off of the game because of what they think they know about Warriors gameplay? What is one thing you could say that you think would change their mind?

1. Obviously, the hack-and-slash is both a turn-on and a turn-off at the same time. But honestly, getting to cut down vast forces of mooks as my favorite characters is probably what drove me to play Hyrule Warriors (and in the process becoming a Musou fan) in the first place.

2. Forging and Pair-Up/Dual Stance for me. Pair-Up/Dual Stance in particular could be interesting: Maybe have characters beyond the playable characters that could act as assist characters in a way and you could summon them to the field to have them do their own powerful attack or something. As for mechanics that should probably not be brought over: Biorhythm, fatigue, and breakable weapons.

3. I'm interested to see how they'll do the flying units since those could be really interesting and I think might be a possible new ground for this Musou game. I'm also interested in seeing what they could do with Manaketes and the like.

4. Probably something barebones to get all the characters to interact with one another. That in itself is probably the way to go with this kind of game though.

5. I can't stress how important it is for people to try a Musou game for themselves (get a demo if you can). Musou games look chaotic and flashy and everywhere at once, but a Musou game is surprisingly simple to learn, yet has hidden depths in it's gameplay for the ones of you looking for something more. Hyrule Warriors is one of the few games I have that gets me good challenge when I want to, yet can act as a stress reliever when I'm frustrated and want something easier to do. Also, as getting 100% can be quite daunting in Musou games, as long as you stop playing when you don't want to, you could always come back and find/earn something new that you didn't know about before.

14 hours ago, Folt said:

3. I'm interested to see how they'll do the flying units since those could be really interesting and I think might be a possible new ground for this Musou game. I'm also interested in seeing what they could do with Manaketes and the like.

Manaketes and as @Soledai said, Laguz, would also be pretty cool I have no idea why I didn't think of them first when answering originally.

A good friend of mine really wants me to ask questions here, but I don't really have any... what are some cool things about Warriors that YOU think I should ask about? 

2 minutes ago, Euklyd said:

A good friend of mine really wants me to ask questions here, but I don't really have any... what are some cool things about Warriors that YOU think I should ask about? 

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... 

Could go for "What makes the games appeal" or the ye old "what makes it stand out" or something.

Its been a while, so i think ill ask another question, Comparing Cutscenes of the warrior series, How do you think Fire emblems cutscenes will work compared to the others? hyrule warriors mostly only had a narrative segment beforea mission, and dynasty warriors 8 played a small cutscene in the barracks your in. What could fire emblem do?

6 hours ago, Thany said:

Its been a while, so i think ill ask another question, Comparing Cutscenes of the warrior series, How do you think Fire emblems cutscenes will work compared to the others? hyrule warriors mostly only had a narrative segment beforea mission, and dynasty warriors 8 played a small cutscene in the barracks your in. What could fire emblem do?

They might do what Samurai Warriors 4 II does and have the characters chat while there is some narrative context. It highly varies on the Warriors game in question. 

Narration is fairly likely though, since thats how FE maps themselves tend to start, beginning with like FE3.

On 2/24/2017 at 9:21 AM, Kirie said:

Thank you, @Jedi, for pointing out this thread to me. I've been reading through, and I do have some questions, though they're not really strictly Warriors knowledge-based. Mostly, I have more theoretical/hypothetical questions that I'd like to see answered by people who enjoy both FE and Warriors to get some of their impressions on how the game might shape up and how it will appeal to FE fans.

1. As a fan of both Fire Emblem and Warriors, what aspects exist in both games that interest you? What are things about Warriors games that might be a turn off to people who play and prefer games more like FE?

2. What specific FE mechanics would you really like to see in FE Warriors, and how do you think they'd be used? Are there any particular FE mechanics you'd really NOT like to see brought over to Warriors?

3. What are some FE characters that you think would bring something unique and interesting to Warriors and how do you think they'll impact the game?

4. What kind of a plot should we expect to see in the game? Will it be something rather bare-bones that exists only as a means to get multiple characters from different worlds in the game, or can we expect/hope for something deeper?

5. What arguments would you make to FE fans who are already turned off of the game because of what they think they know about Warriors gameplay? What is one thing you could say that you think would change their mind?

1. They're polar opposites; I like them both for very different reasons. Warriors games tend to be straightforward and easy with the odd tactical situation thrown at you, while FE's all about tactics and strategizing. Really, that explains what the biggest turnoff is to some people-- they're total opposites.

2. The weapon triangle, pair-up, and supports. Honestly, it's kinda funny how many side mechanics aren't unique between FE and the Warriors series. DW dipped its toes in a WT-like system and the Warriors Orochi series did tag-teams of characters that grow closer while fighting side by side. Of course, they haven't been done to the extent of FE (WO's conversations were little more than simple banter). Ideally, I'd want pair-up to function as a tag team of two characters, effecting their partner's stats. There'd be a standard C-B-A progression that increased the amount of stat boosts. Let the conversations be pure, non-sexual fanservice (I'm grinning like an idiot at the prospect of meme acknowledgement).

3. Transformation-type characters would be very unique; I could see Beast Laguz characters having martial arts and fully transforming for charge attacks/musous. And then there's Corrin, of course. Dragon Laguz and Manaketes, however, would defeat the purpose entirely as they'd really have to stay transformed. Unfortunately, Corrin's the only one of those confirmed and we'll likely get one a Taguel or one of the Furries from Fates before a proper Laguz.

4. Bare-bones. DW7 managed a surprisingly decent plot, but that's the exception-- the Warriors series has never been about plot.

5. I can't say much-- honestly, I'm not very good at debating with people. I guess my one thing would be that Warriors games tend to have surprise strategy if you go looking for it.

3 hours ago, The DanMan said:

4. Bare-bones. DW7 managed a surprisingly decent plot, but that's the exception-- the Warriors series has never been about plot.

SW2, 4 and WO1 also did pretty good jobs.

On 2/25/2017 at 1:05 AM, Jedi said:

Started off with Trials of Trust. 

Admittedly, I forgot who was in that scenario.

Is there a moveset/character you like currently?

On 2/27/2017 at 0:02 AM, Jedi said:

SW2, 4 and WO1 also did pretty good jobs.

Definitely gotta agree with these choices.

8 hours ago, Soledai said:

Admittedly, I forgot who was in that scenario.

Is there a moveset/character you like currently?

Its the Sanada Brothers going their seperate ways. 

Also since the SW characters have mostly stayed the same from when I played 2 and Orochi, my favorites still tend to be Nagamasa, Oichi, Nobunaga, The Tashibana's, Nene, Sakon, Mitsuhide, Gracia, etc, but I like using pretty much everyone. 

But out of the newer characters I find myself really liking, Lady Hayakawa and Takatora

21 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Its the Sanada Brothers going their seperate ways. 

Also since the SW characters have mostly stayed the same from when I played 2 and Orochi, my favorites still tend to be Nagamasa, Oichi, Nobunaga, The Tashibana's, Nene, Sakon, Mitsuhide, Gracia, etc, but I like using pretty much everyone. 

But out of the newer characters I find myself really liking, Lady Hayakawa and Takatora

Oh that explains that, I didn't get around to the Sanada stuff. I always save any Sanada story for last. Alas I can't get it back for now.

Yeah, some people like to call it the "10 year movesets". Personally, I don't mind since it works, and the Hyper attacks are a nice addition, but I feel like it could be a bit better than it is... or at least more expounded on somehow. (But really Godspeed > Hyper Attack)

Fair enough, I hear Takatora was pretty good.

1 hour ago, Soledai said:

Oh that explains that, I didn't get around to the Sanada stuff. I always save any Sanada story for last. Alas I can't get it back for now.

Yeah, some people like to call it the "10 year movesets". Personally, I don't mind since it works, and the Hyper attacks are a nice addition, but I feel like it could be a bit better than it is... or at least more expounded on somehow. (But really Godspeed > Hyper Attack)

Fair enough, I hear Takatora was pretty good.

I like the Hyper Attacks, and how it gets canceled out by morale lol. I feel SW4 II is like one of the best designed Warriors games I've ever played.

I hope they manage to get back a bit of the difficulty of the more old entries of warrirors.

I remember having to be careful in SW1 when getting to chaos mode as you pretty much died in one combo.

You also die fast in later entries but if feel they added a bit too much features in battle that tend to trivialise the battles.

Like the musou gauge split can seem innocent but in fact it gave  3x more chance of interrupting ennemy combo.

Honnestly in SW4 your characters get so powerful you can just cycle between musou and spirit charges without any risk.

Oh and btw kotaro and tadakatsu are the best (and keiji in SW1) :D.

I'm partial to Nobunaga and Kanbei myself. And Munenori Yagyu. (Who, quite refreshingly, is portrayed as rather noble in the SW games.)

Speaking of Samurai Warriors, one thing I hope is that FE Warriors will have moveset types with a focus on different aspects like in the Samurai Warriors series.

14 hours ago, Peanut Brudda said:

I hope they manage to get back a bit of the difficulty of the more old entries of warrirors.

I remember having to be careful in SW1 when getting to chaos mode as you pretty much died in one combo.

I remember Dynasty Warriors 2 & 3 where if you got stuck in a volley of arrows you kind of took tons of damage haha, same in Orochi 1.

7 hours ago, Jedi said:

I remember Dynasty Warriors 2 & 3 where if you got stuck in a volley of arrows you kind of took tons of damage haha, same in Orochi 1.

True, could definitely be a hard time but IIRC arrows can be blocked. But i know that feeling of having your character stun locked just in front of 5 archers x)

SW1 introduced fire weapon also which can't be blocked, so you had to dodge through. Exept i flike me you were playing on that shitty xbox controller which had the dodge bond to those awful black or white button :D

5 hours ago, Peanut Brudda said:

True, could definitely be a hard time but IIRC arrows can be blocked. But i know that feeling of having your character stun locked just in front of 5 archers x)

SW1 introduced fire weapon also which can't be blocked, so you had to dodge through. Exept i flike me you were playing on that shitty xbox controller which had the dodge bond to those awful black or white button :D

Oh yeah I forgot about how strong those were in SW1 haha.

I recently got one piece warriors from a friend, and i remembered that this game has map events, where the entire field is attacked unless you capture the base or ko an enemy. My question here is what would the equivelent be to base attacks or character field attacks? or a simpler term, manhandulas seed attack.

Just now, Thany said:

I recently got one piece warriors from a friend, and i remembered that this game has map events, where the entire field is attacked unless you capture the base or ko an enemy. My question here is what would the equivelent be to base attacks or character field attacks? or a simpler term, manhandulas seed attack.

Ye Old Fire Attacks from various DW and SW games, where a bunch of people would get instantly ko'd and anyone who was in the fire would lose health steadily.

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Ye Old Fire Attacks from various DW and SW games, where a bunch of people would get instantly ko'd and anyone who was in the fire would lose health steadily.

Forest fires right? I wonder if balista storms would also be a thing.

2 minutes ago, Thany said:

Forest fires right? I wonder if balista storms would also be a thing.

Castle Fires weren't too uncommon either, also in one famous battle a fleet is set on fire. 

Bailsta were only used a few times interestingly enough. 

I haven't played any of title outside of the 2 main warrirors series. I liked SW1 progressing system with level fast to grind, and resetable, but a limited skill tree that had you chose certain skills but leave some other behind. Later entries, while having little tweaks are all kind of the same : just a big table that you have to fill. That's kinda boring.

So did they actually make different systems for the crossovers (did they even had one) ? Because I don't know if koei actually mixes elements of both universes or just puts a skin on their usual titles.

3 minutes ago, Peanut Brudda said:

I haven't played any of title outside of the 2 main warrirors series. I liked SW1 progressing system with level fast to grind, and resetable, but a limited skill tree that had you chose certain skills but leave some other behind. Later entries, while having little tweaks are all kind of the same : just a big table that you have to fill. That's kinda boring.

So did they actually make different systems for the crossovers (did they even had one) ? Because I don't know if koei actually mixes elements of both universes or just puts a skin on their usual titles.

Warriors Orochi's level system is more like SW1's but without the skill trees because that was put into the weapon forging system, also DW & SW characters had their unique ways of doing their musous or riding horses among their other different quirks.

All the other spinoff Warrior games feel quite different in terms of progression and such too, and heck HW probably changed things up the most in terms of how characters feel because they all have a unique gimmick of sorts that kind of began in Orochi 2 and on with some of its newer characters.