If we ever get that Genealogy remake...

Grizzexploder

It's uncertain. The DS remakes changed a lot of stuff which were too much outdated by today standards while Shadow of Valentia seems to try to be close to it's source material. I think they will keep some things the same like the big maps, the basic weapon triangle (not the one from fates), the "trading system" and the personal money pool which goes with it. However, I think they will add a support system resembling Fates and Awakening which would not be a bad thing. I just hope they would keep things like the slow love growth for some couples and that they will not add the pair up system (this may ruin the balance of the game which is already not really great).

Waht i'd like is that they modernise FE4 with some of the modern FE conventions without changing it to make it look like another Awakening/Fates. Seeing how they are making Shadow Valentia is giving me hope about this.

On 2/9/2017 at 9:27 AM, Grizzexploder said:

Would the Love/Jealousy System be replaced by the Support System?

I doubt it, we will have to see how much is changed with Echoes but FE11 was relatively faithful to FE1 so thats a pretty good sign.

I'm more concerned about censorship, FE4 had multiple story elements that could be considered controversial specifically incest and child sacrifices.  With NoA's track record getting an English release without these elements either being toned down or removed entirely is low. 

Edited by Selkie11

12 hours ago, Selkie11 said:

I doubt it, we will have to see how much is changed with Echoes but FE11 was relatively faithful to FE1 so thats a pretty good sign.

I'm more concerned about censorship, FE4 had multiple story elements that could be considered controversial specifically incest and child sacrifices.  With NoA's track record getting an English release without these elements either being toned down or removed entirely is low. 

I've covered this before, but Nintendo seems fine with material that isn't super explicit. At least with FE. Awakening and Fates had all sorts of cousin/niece/nephew boinking, and one of the most heavily pushed ships in that game is between Corrin and Azura, who are cousins. Who can have kids together. And Eirika and Ephraim are twins who are basically bursting out of their pants for each other.

Outside of the Lachesis/Eldigan weirdness, which was already censored from how it was supposed to appear originally in FE4, not much in FE4 goes beyond cousins. Julia and Seliph are a few scenes from getting it on before learning that they're siblings, and Alvis/Deirdre is not depicted as a healthy, loving OR consensual relationship. It'd be tough to write around the Alvis/Deirdre thing, but I imagine Nintendo could let it slide if it isn't depicted as a good thing. Then again, the Alvis/Deirdre relationship on the whole is basically Alvis raping the protagonist's wife, which might be a problem on its own.

Child sacrifices will be a non-issue, I think. It's a super dark subject, but Fates had Nohrian troops being ordered to slaughter whole villages(I can't remember if children are ever explicitly mentioned), but Fates has some darker stuff in it. Hell, you can kill your little sisters with your own hands in those games, and those girls are like what? Pre-teens?

I think there might end up being censorship, but I don't think it will be gutted like a lot of people seem to think. Nintendo could just to the ballsiest move ever and release it in the west, rate it M, and not change anything. I doubt they'd do it, because Reggie's a cock and NoA is a bunch of idiots, but still.

5 hours ago, Slumber said:

I've covered this before, but Nintendo seems fine with material that isn't super explicit. At least with FE. Awakening and Fates had all sorts of cousin/niece/nephew boinking, and one of the most heavily pushed ships in that game is between Corrin and Azura, who are cousins. Who can have kids together. And Eirika and Ephraim are twins who are basically bursting out of their pants for each other.

Outside of the Lachesis/Eldigan weirdness, which was already censored from how it was supposed to appear originally in FE4, not much in FE4 goes beyond cousins. Julia and Seliph are a few scenes from getting it on before learning that they're siblings, and Alvis/Deirdre is not depicted as a healthy, loving OR consensual relationship. It'd be tough to write around the Alvis/Deirdre thing, but I imagine Nintendo could let it slide if it isn't depicted as a good thing. Then again, the Alvis/Deirdre relationship on the whole is basically Alvis raping the protagonist's wife, which might be a problem on its own.

Child sacrifices will be a non-issue, I think. It's a super dark subject, but Fates had Nohrian troops being ordered to slaughter whole villages(I can't remember if children are ever explicitly mentioned), but Fates has some darker stuff in it. Hell, you can kill your little sisters with your own hands in those games, and those girls are like what? Pre-teens?

I think there might end up being censorship, but I don't think it will be gutted like a lot of people seem to think. Nintendo could just to the ballsiest move ever and release it in the west, rate it M, and not change anything. I doubt they'd do it, because Reggie's a cock and NoA is a bunch of idiots, but still.

What about Sylvia's "ever seen a little girl with THESE?!?!".

It'd be too iconic to censor IMO. Until we realize she's 14. But she can pass for 18 though. That's a change I wouldn't mind too much.

I'm still on the fence with the censoring the story too. I mean, Saizo and Belka's support conversation was changed to a series of ellipsis and changed the original of them talking about their assassin past (why this was censored I'll never know).

Nintendo censors the weirdest things.