Transfer Digital Fire Emblem Fates data Switching New 3DS

SwordsmanDan

Hi all, I switched to a New 3DS with a 64GB microsd.  All my licenses transferred over but my game data did not.  I have the digital base of Fire Emblem Fates Birthright and I purchased all the DLC.  I have the contents of my old microSD backed up on my PC as I transferred while the original New 3DS was working well.

I re-downloaded the game and DLC, did a lot of searching and they said game data was stored in the "extradata" folder.  I connected to the computer and copied the extra data folder over to the New 3DS.  I was able to get my Nohr saves but not my original Hoshido ones.  I tried to search for where the digital version stores the base game saves and decided it might be in the "dbs" folder.  Unfortunately that just made all the saves disappear and as of yet I can't re-download my dlc.

I'm not attempting to copy over everything on to the New 3DS microSD.  I imagine this is risky but I've already messed it up so I might have to reformat and try again anyway.  Regardless, please share any tips for what folders to copy over to get saved data for games and share any ideas on the level of ignorance transferring all the data from the source system might reflect.

Any help is much appreciated.  I prefer everything digital but that's not without its own host of problems.

2 hours ago, jdb1984 said:

Go to the Eshop and take a look.  You may be able to redownload it for free.  That's what I did when I had to use a larger MicroSD card to fit all my stuff and my pre-downloaded pokemon games.

Thanks, I went to the eshop and started repairing the download.  After I tried to copy over the "dbs" file to get my base game save it shows no dlc.  Hopefully I get my dlc back at the very least.  If I'm lucky I'll get my extra data working again.   If I win the jackpot my original Hoshido data will work too lol.