Fire Emblem Fates Sorted into Hogwarts Houses

Murrdogg93

Griffondor seems to be a good place for Hector. He's pretty courageous and also fits the more negative view that Snape has of the house. 

Roy seems to be the smartest of the lords so Ravenclaw for him.

Corrin is wimpy and a bit of a dork so Hufflepuff for him. 

And Shinon is both a jerk and a racist so Slytherin is an ideal place for him. 

Interesting thread. I'll take my guesses.

Corrin-Hufflepuff. Corrin is hardly a combative person, so no Gryffindor. Though one could say he could be destined for greatness, he lacks the ambition found in almost all Slytherins. Finally, he isn't all that intelligent, so he can't be a Ravenclaw.

Xander-Gryffindor. Xander is incredibly combative, not to mention he isn't nearly as cowardly as the people around him. He also leads armies and faces an opponent who far outranks him in experience head on, which is something Gryffindors do.

Gunter- Hufflepuff. This is moreso due to Gunter's protective nature than his lack of intelligence.

Jakob- Slytherin. Jakob's haughty and arrogant nature place him firmly in Slytherin.

Felicia- Hufflepuff. Her undying loyalty to Corrin makes her a Hufflepuff.

Rinkah- Gryffindor. There's a reason Gryffindor is red and yellow.

Kaze- Ravenclaw. Kaze is far above most of the army in terms of intelligence, so it makes sense that he should be in Ravenclaw house.

Ryoma- Hufflepuff. Ryoma's signature trait is honor, something many Hufflepuffs retain.

Hinoka-Gryffindor. She focuses mostly on combat and is really brash, so Gryffindor.

Sakura- Hufflepuff. Sakura has a very passive personality that makes me think she belongs there.

Azura- Ravenclaw. Her greatest asset is the near endless knowledge she possesses.

I'll post the other ones later.

Edited by Hylian Air Force

I'd put Ryo in Gryffindor tbh

He just looks calm and has his shit together but if you look at his actions he pulls some super reckless shit, very consistently. His solo covert mission into Cheve is a bold and extremely risky move, for example.

Also his way of presentation is pretty, well, I can't accurately put it into English but it's very loud and extra, which fits Gryffs well at the core

Also I think the older brothers' weapons do show some insights into their personality as well -- Xander's sword fits with his role as a protector, while Ryo's goes on the offense a lot harder. 

Edited by Thor Odinson

Some definitions:

Gryffindor: The house of the brave, loyal, courageous, adventurous, daring and chivalrous. Those who stand up for others are typically Gryffindors. Brave-hearted is the most well-known Gryffindor characteristic, and Gryffindors are also known for having a lot of nerve.

Ravenclaw: The house is known for their wisdom, intelligence, creativity, cleverness and knowledge. Those who value brains over brawn can be found here. Ravenclaws often tend to be quite quirky as well. "Do what is wise" is the motto they strive to follow.

Hufflepuff: This house values hard work, dedication, fair play, patience, and loyalty. Hufflepuffs are known for being just and true. "Do what is nice" is their motto.

Slytherin: This is the house of the cunning, prideful, resourceful, ambitious, intelligent, and determined. Slytherins love to be in charge and crave leadership. "Do what is necessary" is the motto of this house.

And my thoughts:

I actually think Corrin fits the qualifications for Gryffindor. Hate Corrin or not, they do take up a stance against Garon (even early on); they fight for others, and they have a lot of courage and bravery, especially for a person raised in isolation. Xander is almost certainly in Gryffindor with Corrin. He aims to be chivalrous, even when its to his detriment.

I'm tempted to place Camilla in Hufflepuff; she doesn't strive to be as courageous as Xander; she has no desire to lead and she's not particularly ambitious (she DOES give up the crown to Leo), so she's no Slytherin, but nor is renowned for her intelligence or wisdom. She may not do what is nice, but she's absolutely about dedication and loyalty.

Leo, for me, falls halfway between Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Of course he's studious and bookish, so it's easy enough to think of him as Ravenclaw, but most of the Slytherin characteristics fit him, too. He's cunning and ambitious and I feel he does what is necessary, so I'm thinking Slytherin for Leo. I feel it's especially true if you take his (Conquest or Revelation) epilogue into account; he does the dirty work for the good of the kingdom, and he's said to be unpopular.

Elise is either a Hufflepuff or a Gryffindor. Given her actions in Birthright, I'd place Elise in Gryffindor. She's pretty courageous and feisty for being the youngest princess.

Hinoka strikes me as a Gryffindor; her unwavering determination to bring Corrin back to the family has seen her be pretty daring and adventurous. 

Takumi, I have a feeling a lot of people would automatically throw him in with the Slytherins (not that Slytherins are bad people!), but he's not so prideful as he is deeply insecure, and he's competitive but not hugely ambitious. He's intelligent but not cunning. He strikes me as definitely more of a Ravenclaw. He has a tactical mind and in his epilogue he grows into a wise leader, aiding in the recovery of his country.

Sakura is a compassionate and kindly Hufflepuff; I think that house suits her very well.

I'd argue that Xander is actually a Hufflepuff.  Even more than his bravery, Xander is defined by his Loyalty to his family and country, to the extreme.  Turning traitor is something almost unheard of for Hufflepuffs, and Xander values loyalty above all else.  He's also noted to be extremely hard working to be the best prince he can be.  Another Hufflepuff trait.

@Res I agree that Leo would be a Slytherin.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'd argue that Xander is actually a Hufflepuff.  Even more than his bravery, Xander is defined by his Loyalty to his family and country, to the extreme.  Turning traitor is something almost unheard of for Hufflepuffs, and Xander values loyalty above all else.  He's also noted to be extremely hard working to be the best prince he can be.  Another Hufflepuff trait.

@Res I agree that Leo would be a Slytherin.

Phew, I'm glad you agree. I know a lot of people tend to dismiss Slytherins as 'the evil ones', but they're really not.

My reasoning for Xander was that his loyalty is inherently tied to his chivalry; Xander strives to embody the very definition of chivalry, even when it works against him. He's loyal to his father, the king, even when it's obvious to everyone else that Garon is no longer who he used to be. I feel as if Hufflepuffs, with their sense of fairness and their desire to be true and nice, would've switched full allegiance to Corrin a lot sooner. 

Well if you read/saw the play Harry Potter and the cursed child which has Harry's son end up in Slytherin and the kid reminds me of Takumi in a lot of ways so I would say Slytherin for him.

I would also say Sltherin for Leo because he reminds me of Snape in a lot of ways.

Corrin,Sakura and Camilla would be in Hufflepuff because I feel like that house suits their personalities and actions the best.

Xander,Elise,Hinoka and Ryoma all seem like Gryffindor to me since they all show courage and tend to be rather head strong.

Kaze and Flora seem like Ravenclaw to me since both are pretty smart.

I don't feel like doing everyone right now so I am leaving my list at this for now.

Edited by EricaofRenais

As for some other characters who we haven't come to a conlusion as to yet, or who have not been sorted:

* Jakob would be a Hufflepuff as well. As stated before, arrogance is not the hat of Slytherin, it's ambition, and Jakob does not rise above his station.

* As for Silas, he might be a Hufflepuff, thanks to their loyalty towards Corrin, a person who they met years ago and who they hardly even know. Really this sort of loyalty is PRECISELY why Jakob, Felicia, Kaze, and Silas side with you on either route.

* Severa (not calling her Selena thanks to the general knowledge of her true nature as well as the overlap with a Sacred Stones character) is a Slytherin. Her desire to rise above her mother, as well as her endings, support this. She also has the personality down, being rather confrontational.

* Inigo is the world's most perverted Gryffindor. It's hard to imagine him being anything else (he's a philanderer, he's doesn't want much more than love, and he's hardly smart...), but his response to a life of pain and sorrow was to smile and resolve to make other people do the same.

* Owain is, quite obviously, a Gryffindor. I don't think that I have to explain WHY. If he wasn't, he would choose to be.

Oh man I love Hogwarts AU's Here are my thoughts on some characters who haven't really been discussed yet (and some that have)

Hinata - Hufflepuff - Hardworking, loyal, and absolutely dedicated to his friends this boy has all the makings to be a great Hufflepuff. I honestly can't see him anywhere else
Charlotte - Slytherin - I think this one should be obvious, she is pretty much defined by her ambition (although it is wealth she desires rather than power). Slytherins are also have a sense of family, they look out for their own kind more then any of the other houses, another trait that I think fits Charlotte very well. 
Mozu - Gryffindor - So yes she is kind and hardworking and could easily fit into Hufflepuff, but I really feel like Gryffindor is the place for her. This is a girl who saw everyone she had ever known slaughtered by monsters before her eyes, had no combat experience, yet she still had the courage to pick up a lance and fight. Not all Gryff's have to be outgoing or adventurous, and I think Mozu exemplifies a more quiet type of bravery.
Saizo - Hufflepuff - He has a strong sense of duty and is absurdly loyal ...and honestly the idea of seeing this grump in Hufflepuff is amusing to me ; P
Jakob - Slytherin - No he doesn't have ambitions to rise above his station, but that doesn't mean he is lacking ambition in general. He is the type of person that wants to be the best at what he does and doesn't like people upstaging him, I think that this can be seen as a type of ambition in a way. It is true that he is loyal but that loyalty, which only really extends to Corrin, is more akin to the sense of fraternity held by Slytherins rather then the more open loyalty of Hufflepuff. Plus he is wholly lacking in the innate kindness Hufflepuffs tend to display.

I 100& agree with putting Leo in Slytherin. He is a cunning, deeply family oriented character who does what is needed rather then what may be the "right" thing to do, all traits of a Slytherin.

I don't think Xander belongs in Gryffindor. This may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think Xander is at all brave. On the contrary, he comes off as a coward who is too bound by loyalty to stand up to something that's objectively wrong. He lacks the courage to stand up to someone he loves to tell them that they're wrong, which is not what I see as Gryffindor material. On the contrary, Xander is defined by loyalty to his father and family, so Hufflepuff may be the more fitting house for him. (I say as a person whose favorite house is Hufflepuff.)

Takumi feels like a Slytherin to me, if only because of his ambition. He wants to distinguish himself above his siblings and prove his worth, and while I'm not sure that I'd call him cunning some of his support conversations suggest that he has a brain for tactics and thinking things through at the very least. His insecurity problems also do feel a bit "Slytherin", in which a key root of his issues is that he feels he doesn't stand out.

Leon is either a Ravenclaw or a Slytherin, I'm really not sure which one. I guess it's up to him.

Okay, well, before I sort anyone I kind of need to showcase the system I use to sort people, because it's a little irregular and relies less on traits and more on a person's morality and how they approach problems. Traits are nice, but morality/problem solving allows for more facets of each house to be explored (positively, negatively, and neutrally).

Anyway, here it is in full. I usually work off what's shown in the basics link. It's a good read, even if you're not into it.

But, for a quick summary:

The basic structure of the sortinghatchats system is that you aren’t just sorted into one House, but into two tiers of Houses: Primary and Secondary. Your Primary House defines WHY you do things. Your Secondary defines HOW. 

And some charts.

tumblr_inline_nq6je37epi1qireuw_500.png

I mean, I'll gladly take requests if there's a character you want me to sort like this because I don't even know where to start. There's a lot of characters. 

I don't necessarily see Takumi's desire to distinguish himself from his siblings as him being ambitious.

For example: His supports with Sakura indicate he's not particularly great at putting himself out there. He never really aims to take charge of a situation (as Leo does, several times). From his support with Sakura:

"Yeah, I never know what to say at these things. Everyone's so stiff! I wish we could leave all this highfalutin stuff to someone else, but we can't.

Ha ha! Me too. I guess we survived without a plan after all! I panicked and started talking everyone's ear off... and they lapped it up!"

He formulates no plan, he shows no desire to learn how to communicate in a political manner; I feel Slytherins are typically politicians. Leo would have a plan; he wouldn't necessarily like communicating with people, but he wouldn't just wing it and he'd know the right things to say. He knows exactly how to smooth things over between Corrin and his father.

Takumi does have a tactical mind and is said to be a great adviser in later life, but it was Ryoma who suggested that field of study to him and he's evidently happy to follow Ryoma's suggestions. His epilogue suggests he plays more of a supportive role in helping get Hoshido back on its feet and he never shows any desire to compete with Ryoma with regards to leadership of the kingdom. Their supports:

"Takumi: Thanks, Ryoma. I'm so happy that I'm getting stronger! But I'm going to take your advice. I want to keep my options open. After the war's over, I plan to study government like you suggested. 

Ryoma: I think that's a great idea. 

Takumi: Will you promise to help me study?"

He's a team player; moreso than Leo is, actually (you see this in their relationship with their retainers, too). He accepts Ryoma's advice and assistance.

There are other examples of him choosing to take a back seat or cooperate with people instead of trying to strike out on his own. He doesn't seek revenge with Hana, for example, but asks her to continue protecting his little sister. He seems to be seeking acknowledgement and approval of his skills rather than using his skills to obtain power for himself.

Edited by Res

Takumi struck me as a Ravenclaw tbh. 

Leo is definitely Slytherin. Hes got a level of ruthlessness to him that screams Slytherin. Hes also one who attempts to work behind the scenes. (and he looks like Draco Malfoy)

Ryoma, yeah Gryffindor. Natch. 

Sakura is either Hufflepuff or Gryffindor. Leaning on Hufflepuff. Shes got one hell of a spine and 'Puffs tend to.

Camilla, Slytherin or Hufflepuff. Her compassionate and motherly nature to those she loves most is very 'Puff. But her brutality is pretty Slythy. 

Xander feels like a Slytherin to me. Kinda in the vein of Snape. He prioritizes his own (be it family and/or nation) over much else. Even if it means being hated. Even if it means screwing up really bad. 

Hinoka is a generic Gryffindor with quite a bit of self absorption on top of it. Cant really see past her own shoes. (think someone like Parvati Patil) 

1 hour ago, Loki Laufeyson said:

Hinoka is a generic Gryffindor with quite a bit of self absorption on top of it. Cant really see past her own shoes. (think someone like Parvati Patil) 

What do you mean about Parvati Patil?  We never really see her do that much.  She probably has the least amount of character development of all of Harry's Gryffindor classmates.

Side Rant:  Two things that have always bothered me about the way the Houses are described.  Part of this is Rowling's fault, part is the fans.

First for Hufflepuff: I don't like this House being "The Rest" like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island.  I wish they would emphasize the hard-working and loyal angle than this is where to put people who don't fit anywhere else.  If anything, I'd say that Gryffindor is where to put people who lack any traits prized by the Houses, mostly due to the sorting of Peter Pettigrew.  Was he cunning?  Maybe.  Was he clever?  Not really.  Was he loyal?  That's a big no!  Was he brave?  He's pretty much the opposite.  Yet, lacking any of the prized traits, he would up in Gryffindor.  Even Hufflepuff didn't want him.

My next beef is with Ravenclaw being the "Smart" house.  I don't think pure intelligence is a good way to put it, since there are several varieties of intelligence.  Hermione and to a lesser extant McGonagall are definitely smart, but that show an utter disdain for any line of thinking they don't agree with.  Hermione seems downright offended when Luna discusses any of her conspiracy theories, even though it was Luna's idea that got the to London in Book 5.  She hates the Half-Blood Prince's potion edits, even though they produce better results, because they're the "wrong" way to do things.  How one can be so close-minded in a world with magic is beyond me.  Ravenclaws seem to exhibit a more creative outside the box thinking, and is likely the reason Ravenclaw didn't want Hermione.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

What do you mean about Parvati Patil?  We never really see her do that much.  She probably has the least amount of character development of all of Harry's Gryffindor classmates.

Yes. And Hinoka receives the least amount of effort and development out of all the sibling characters. But tell me, do you think from what we know about Parvati Patil, that she was able to see past her own shoes? And didnt come off as woefully generic? Its unfortunate that Parvati never got any sort of spotlight except going to the Ball with Harry. Its unfortunate Hinoka didnt get much of a spotlight other than looking like a Corrin obsessed ninny. Hinoka fought stuff in the name of good, but so did Parvati in the 7th book. :S

As for your other rant, Ravenclaw obviously prizes those who are willing to consider all possibilities, instead of a very narrow means of thinking. Hermione is woefully narrow minded about a great number of things. Its one of her greatest flaws. She'd get annoyed with the Ravenclaw door riddles because the door accepts all manner of possible answers. She does not belong in that House, yer right. 

Hufflepuff arent just really basic and kinda middling either. That lot are some of the most non judgmental characters in the story. They also treat everyone else fairly. 

Slytherin's depiction upsets me a lot. Slytherins being really self serving by default annoys me. You can be ambitious, cunning, even willing to consider options and roads less traveled, and still not be a bigoted asshole. Jo Rowling really should have included a classmate in Slytherin who wasnt a total wet shit. 

Yeah, JK Rowling's examples of Slytherin classmates was why I paused on putting Leo in there, but luckily everyone here has a far more magnanimous interpretation of the houses than some of the fans! Slytherin and Ravenclaw are my two favourite houses, and Gryffindor is my least favourite (hence why I'm still so salty over the new Pottermore site placing me in there).

I hope my assessment of Camilla wasn't seen as considering Hufflepuff to be 'the rest' house - although I admittedly placed her there by process of elimination in my post, I also think she would fit, and I think Hufflepuff is a great house! Tonks and Cedric are both Hufflepuffs, after all. 

If it would be helpful, here's the Pottermore welcome message for when I was sorted into Ravenclaw. I'm not sure if it's taboo to share it with non-Ravenclaws, though.

Spoiler

Congratulations! I’m Prefect Robert Hilliard, and I’m delighted to welcome you to RAVENCLAW HOUSE. Our emblem is the eagle, which soars where others cannot climb; our house colours are blue and bronze, and our common room is found at the top of Ravenclaw Tower, behind a door with an enchanted knocker. The arched windows set into the walls of our circular common room look down at the school grounds: the lake, the Forbidden Forest, the Quidditch pitch and the Herbology gardens. No other house in the school has such stunning views.

Without wishing to boast, this is the house where the cleverest witches and wizards live. Our founder, Rowena Ravenclaw, prized learning above all else – and so do we. Unlike the other houses, who all have concealed entrances to their common rooms, we don’t need one. The door to our common room lies at the top of a tall, winding staircase. It has no handle, but an enchanted bronze knocker in the shape of an eagle. When you rap on the door, this knocker will ask you a question, and if you can answer it correctly, you are allowed in. This simple barrier has kept out everyone but Ravenclaws for nearly a thousand years.

Some first-years are scared by having to answer the eagle’s questions, but don’t worry. Ravenclaws learn quickly, and you’ll soon enjoy the challenges the door sets. It’s not unusual to find twenty people standing outside the common room door, all trying to work out the answer to the day’s question together. This is a great way to meet fellow Ravenclaws from other years, and to learn from them – although it is a bit annoying if you’ve forgotten your Quidditch robes and need to get in and out in a hurry. In fact, I’d advise you to triple-check your bag for everything you need before leaving Ravenclaw Tower.

Another cool thing about Ravenclaw is that our people are the most individual – some might even call them eccentrics. But geniuses are often out of step with ordinary folk, and unlike some other houses we could mention, we think you’ve got the right to wear what you like, believe what you want, and say what you feel. We aren’t put off by people who march to a different tune; on the contrary, we value them!

Speaking of eccentrics, you’ll like our Head of house, Professor Filius Flitwick. People often underestimate him, because he’s really tiny (we think he’s part elf, but we’ve never been rude enough to ask) and he’s got a squeaky voice, but he’s the best and most knowledgeable Charms master alive in the world today. His office door is always open to any Ravenclaw with a problem, and if you’re in a real state he’ll get out these delicious little cupcakes he keeps in a tin in his desk drawer and make them do a little dance for you. In fact, it’s worth pretending you’re in a real state just to see them jive.

Ravenclaw house has an illustrious history. Most of the greatest wizarding inventors and innovators were in our house, including Perpetua Fancourt, the inventor of the lunascope, Laverne de Montmorency, a great pioneer of love potions, and Ignatia Wildsmith, the inventor of Floo powder. Famous Ravenclaw Ministers for Magic include Millicent Bagnold, who was in power on the night that Harry Potter survived the Dark Lord’s curse, and defended the wizarding celebrations all over Britain with the words, ‘I assert our inalienable right to party'. There was also Minister Lorcan McLaird, who was a quite brilliant wizard, but preferred to communicate by puffing smoke out of the end of his wand. Well, I did say we produce eccentrics. In fact, we are also the house that gave the wizarding world Uric the Oddball, who used a jellyfish for a hat. He’s the punch line of a lot of wizarding jokes.

As for our relationship with the other three houses: well, you’ve probably heard about the Slytherins. They’re not all bad, but you’d do well to be on your guard until you know them well. They’ve got a long house tradition of doing whatever it takes to win – so watch out, especially in Quidditch matches and exams.

The Gryffindors are OK. If I had a criticism, I’d say Gryffindors tend to be show-offs. They’re also much less tolerant than we are of people who are different; in fact, they’ve been known to make jokes about Ravenclaws who have developed an interest in levitation, or the possible magical uses of troll bogies, or ovomancy, which (as you probably know) is a method of divination using eggs. Gryffindors haven’t got our intellectual curiosity, whereas we’ve got no problem if you want to spend your days and nights cracking eggs in a corner of the common room and writing down your predictions according to the way the yolks fall. In fact, you’ll probably find a few people to help you.

As for the Hufflepuffs, well, nobody could say they’re not nice people. In fact, they’re some of the nicest people in the school. Let’s just say you needn’t worry too much about them when it comes to competition at exam time.

I think that’s nearly everything. Oh yes, our house ghost is the Grey Lady. The rest of the school thinks she never speaks, but she’ll talk to Ravenclaws. She’s particularly useful if you’re lost, or you’ve mislaid something.

I’m sure you’ll have a good night. Our dormitories are in turrets off the main tower; our four-poster beds are covered in sky blue silk eiderdowns and the sound of the wind whistling around the windows is very relaxing.

And once again: well done on becoming a member of the cleverest, quirkiest and most interesting house at Hogwarts.

I don't have the messages for the other houses so it would be nice if someone else offered them.

Edited by Lightchao42

Here are the other three curiosity of Reddit

Gryffindor (the shortest and lamest one)

Spoiler

Congratulations! I’m Prefect Percy Weasley, and I’m delighted to welcome you to GRYFFINDOR HOUSE. Our emblem is the lion, the bravest of all creatures; our house colours are scarlet and gold, and our common room lies up in Gryffindor Tower.

This is, quite simply, the best house at Hogwarts. It’s where the bravest and boldest end up – for instance: Albus Dumbledore! Yes, Dumbledore himself, the greatest wizard of our time, was a Gryffindor! If that’s not enough for you, I don’t know what is.

I won’t keep you long, as all you need to do to find out more about your house is to follow Harry Potter and his friends as I lead them up to their dormitories. Enjoy your time at Hogwarts – but how could you fail to? You’ve become part of the best house in the school.

Slytherin

Spoiler

Congratulations! I’m Prefect Gemma Farley, and I’m delighted to welcome you to SLYTHERIN HOUSE. Our emblem is the serpent, the wisest of creatures; our house colours are emerald green and silver, and our common room lies behind a concealed entrance down in the dungeons. As you’ll see, its windows look out into the depths of the Hogwarts lake. We often see the giant squid swooshing by – and sometimes more interesting creatures. We like to feel that our hangout has the aura of a mysterious, underwater shipwreck.

Now, there are a few things you should know about Slytherin – and a few you should forget.

Firstly, let’s dispel a few myths. You might have heard rumours about Slytherin house – that we’re all into the Dark Arts, and will only talk to you if your great-grandfather was a famous wizard, and rubbish like that. Well, you don’t want to believe everything you hear from competing houses. I’m not denying that we’ve produced our share of Dark wizards, but so have the other three houses – they just don’t like admitting it. And yes, we have traditionally tended to take students who come from long lines of witches and wizards, but nowadays you’ll find plenty of people in Slytherin house who have at least one Muggle parent.

Here’s a little-known fact that the other three houses don’t bring up much: Merlin was a Slytherin. Yes, Merlin himself, the most famous wizard in history! He learned all he knew in this very house! Do you want to follow in the footsteps of Merlin? Or would you rather sit at the old desk of that illustrious ex-Hufflepuff, Eglantine Puffett, inventor of the Self-Soaping Dishcloth?

I didn’t think so.

But that’s enough about what we’re not. Let’s talk about what we are, which is the coolest and edgiest house in this school. We play to win, because we care about the honour and traditions of Slytherin.

We also get respect from our fellow students. Yes, some of that respect might be tinged with fear, because of our Dark reputation, but you know what? It can be fun, having a reputation for walking on the wild side. Chuck out a few hints that you’ve got access to a whole library of curses, and see whether anyone feels like nicking your pencil case.

But we’re not bad people. We’re like our emblem, the snake: sleek, powerful, and frequently misunderstood.

For instance, we Slytherins look after our own – which is more than you can say for Ravenclaw. Apart from being the biggest bunch of swots you ever met, Ravenclaws are famous for clambering over each other to get good marks, whereas we Slytherins are brothers. The corridors of Hogwarts can throw up surprises for the unwary, and you’ll be glad you’ve got the Serpents on your side as you move around the school. As far as we’re concerned, once you’ve become a snake, you’re one of ours – one of the elite.

Because you know what Salazar Slytherin looked for in his chosen students? The seeds of greatness. You’ve been chosen by this house because you’ve got the potential to be great, in the true sense of the word. All right, you might see a couple of people hanging around the common room whom you might not think are destined for anything special. Well, keep that to yourself. If the Sorting Hat put them in here, there’s something great about them, and don’t you forget it.

And talking of people who aren’t destined for greatness, I haven’t mentioned the Gryffindors. Now, a lot of people say that Slytherins and Gryffindors represent two sides of the same coin. Personally, I think Gryffindors are nothing more than wannabe Slytherins. Mind you, some people say that Salazar Slytherin and Godric Gryffindor prized the same kinds of students, so perhaps we are more similar than we like to think. But that doesn’t mean that we cosy up with Gryffindors. They like beating us only slightly less than we like beating them.

A few more things you might need to know: our house ghost is the Bloody Baron. If you get on the right side of him he’ll sometimes agree to frighten people for you. Just don’t ask him how he got bloodstained; he doesn’t like it.

The password to the common room changes every fortnight. Keep an eye on the noticeboard. Never bring anyone from another house into our common room or tell them our password. No outsider has entered it for more than seven centuries.

Well, I think that’s all for now. I’m sure you’ll like our dormitories. We sleep in ancient four-posters with green silk hangings, and bedspreads embroidered with silver thread. Medieval tapestries depicting the adventures of famous Slytherins cover the walls, and silver lanterns hang from the ceilings. You’ll sleep well; it’s very soothing, listening to the lake water lapping against the windows at night.

Hufflepuff 

Spoiler

Congratulations! I’m Prefect Gabriel Truman, and I’m delighted to welcome you to HUFFLEPUFF HOUSE. Our emblem is the badger, an animal that is often underestimated, because it lives quietly until attacked, but which, when provoked, can fight off animals much larger than itself, including wolves. Our house colours are yellow and black, and our common room lies one floor below the ground, on the same corridor as the kitchens.

Now, there are a few things you should know about Hufflepuff house. First of all, let’s deal with a perennial myth about the place, which is that we’re the least clever house. WRONG. Hufflepuff is certainly the least boastful house, but we’ve produced just as many brilliant witches and wizards as any other. Want proof? Look up Grogan Stump, one of the most popular Ministers for Magic of all time. He was a Hufflepuff – as were the successful Ministers Artemesia Lufkin and Dugald McPhail. Then there’s the world authority on magical creatures, Newt Scamander; Bridget Wenlock, the famous thirteenth-century Arithmancer who first discovered the magical properties of the number seven, and Hengist of Woodcroft, who founded the all-wizarding village of Hogsmeade, which lies very near Hogwarts School. Hufflepuffs all.

So, as you can see, we’ve produced more than our fair share of powerful, brilliant and daring witches and wizards, but, just because we don’t shout about it, we don’t get the credit we deserve. Ravenclaws, in particular, assume that any outstanding achiever must have come from their house. I got into big trouble during my third year for duelling a Ravenclaw prefect who insisted that Bridget Wenlock had come from his house, not mine. I should have got a week of detentions, but Professor Sprout let me off with a warning and a box of coconut ice.

Hufflepuffs are trustworthy and loyal. We don’t shoot our mouths off, but cross us at your peril; like our emblem, the badger, we will protect ourselves, our friends and our families against all-comers. Nobody intimidates us.

However, it’s true that Hufflepuff is a bit lacking in one area. We’ve produced the fewest Dark wizards of any house in this school. Of course, you’d expect Slytherin to churn out evil-doers, seeing as they’ve never heard of fair play and prefer cheating over hard work any day, but even Gryffindor (the house we get on best with) has produced a few dodgy characters.

What else do you need to know? Oh yes, the entrance to the common room is concealed in a stack of large barrels in a nook on the right hand side of the kitchen corridor. Tap the barrel two from the bottom, middle of the second row, in the rhythm of ‘Helga Hufflepuff’, and the lid will swing open. We are the only house at Hogwarts that also has a repelling device for would-be intruders. If the wrong lid is tapped, or if the rhythm of the tapping is wrong, the illegal entrant is doused in vinegar.

You will hear other houses boast of their security arrangements, but it so happens that in more than a thousand years, the Hufflepuff common room and dormitories have never been seen by outsiders. Like badgers, we know exactly how to lie low – and how to defend ourselves.

Once you’ve opened the barrel, crawl inside and along the passageway behind it, and you will emerge into the cosiest common room of them all. It is round and earthy and low-ceilinged; it always feels sunny, and its circular windows have a view of rippling grass and dandelions.

There is a lot of burnished copper about the place, and many plants, which either hang from the ceiling or sit on the windowsills. Our Head of house, Professor Pomona Sprout, is Head of Herbology, and she brings the most interesting specimens (some of which dance and talk) to decorate our room – one reason why Hufflepuffs are often very good at Herbology. Our overstuffed sofas and chairs are upholstered in yellow and black, and our dormitories are reached through round doors in the walls of the common room. Copper lamps cast a warm light over our four-posters, all of which are covered in patchwork quilts, and copper bed warmers hang on the walls, should you have cold feet.

Our house ghost is the friendliest of them all: the Fat Friar. You’ll recognise him easily enough; he’s plump and wears monk’s robes, and he’s very helpful if you get lost or are in any kind of trouble.

I think that’s nearly everything. I must say, I hope some of you are good Quidditch players. Hufflepuff hasn’t done as well as I’d like in the Quidditch tournament lately.

You should sleep comfortably. We’re protected from storms and wind down in our dormitories; we never have the disturbed nights those in the towers sometimes experience.

And once again: congratulations on becoming a member of the friendliest, most decent and most tenacious house of them all

Edited by Alto

22 minutes ago, Res said:

Yeah, JK Rowling's examples of Slytherin classmates was why I paused on putting Leo in there, but luckily everyone here has a far more magnanimous interpretation of the houses than some of the fans! Slytherin and Ravenclaw are my two favourite houses, and Gryffindor is my least favourite (hence why I'm still so salty over the new Pottermore site placing me in there).

I hope my assessment of Camilla wasn't seen as considering Hufflepuff to be 'the rest' house - although I admittedly placed her there by process of elimination in my post, I also think she would fit, and I think Hufflepuff is a great house! Tonks and Cedric are both Hufflepuffs, after all. 

I actually do not relate at all to Gryffindor, and thats why its my least favorite. I also dont know many people who are Gryffindor. Im Slytherin according to Pottermore and countless other sorting quizzes. Ravenclaw is the other House i really relate to. (i guess if we do the whole dual House thing, im Slytherclaw.)  

I feel like Camilla could be Hufflepuff because of some of her traits, but i also feel like she could be Slytherin. I think Tonks' mum (Andromeda) was also Slytherin but not at all a blood purist. Although, Camilla reminds me a bit of Narcissa Malfoy. Willing to go the extra mile for the person she loves. 

I wonder what Azura would be....Ravenclaw maybe? Niles is so Slytherin, its just silly. Peri feels like shes the Homicidal Hufflepuff.

Yes; I'd say Ravenclaw for Azura.

I agree wholeheartedly with @Alto's assessment of Jakob. Slytherin for him.

As for the retainers... 

Saizo - no clue, honestly.

Kagero - possibly Ravenclaw? With her fantastical art she reminds me a little of Luna Lovegood.

Setsuna - I'd probably place her in Gryffindor out of personal bias. :P

Azama - probably Gryffindor. I do have reasons but I'd have to go digging through supports to back them up. He doesn't have the particular drive or ambition of Slytherins. He definitely doesn't come across as kind or devoted in general (although he has some fantastic lines if you marry him!).

Oboro - Ravenclaw. She has a creative nature but she's also devoted enough to Takumi that she'd probably force the hat to place her there.

Hinata - Hufflepuff, through and through!

Subaki - he reminds me of Lockhart, so I'd consider Ravenclaw, but he also strikes me as a by-the-rules player who'd belong in Gryffindor.

Hana - Hufflepuff?

47 minutes ago, Res said:

I've actually been sorted into both Ravenclaw and Gryffindor, since I retook the test, since I forgot my old log-in.  I dunno, do I come across to people as more Ravenclaw or Gryffindor?

20 minutes ago, Loki Laufeyson said:

I actually do not relate at all to Gryffindor, and thats why its my least favorite. I also dont know many people who are Gryffindor. Im Slytherin according to Pottermore and countless other sorting quizzes. Ravenclaw is the other House i really relate to. (i guess if we do the whole dual House thing, im Slytherclaw.)  

I feel like Camilla could be Hufflepuff because of some of her traits, but i also feel like she could be Slytherin. I think Tonks' mum (Andromeda) was also Slytherin but not at all a blood purist. Although, Camilla reminds me a bit of Narcissa Malfoy. Willing to go the extra mile for the person she loves. 

I wonder what Azura would be....Ravenclaw maybe? Niles is so Slytherin, its just silly. Peri feels like shes the Homicidal Hufflepuff.

I could see either Ravenclaw or Slytherin for Azura.

1 minute ago, Res said:

Yes; I'd say Ravenclaw for Azura.

I agree wholeheartedly with @Alto's assessment of Jakob. Slytherin for him.

As for the retainers... 

Saizo - no clue, honestly.

Kagero - possibly Ravenclaw? With her fantastical art she reminds me a little of Luna Lovegood.

Setsuna - I'd probably place her in Gryffindor out of personal bias. :P

Azama - probably Gryffindor. I do have reasons but I'd have to go digging through supports to back them up. He doesn't have the particular drive or ambition of Slytherins. He definitely doesn't come across as kind or devoted in general (although he has some fantastic lines if you marry him!).

Oboro - Ravenclaw. She has a creative nature but she's also devoted enough to Takumi that she'd probably force the hat to place her there.

Hinata - Hufflepuff, through and through!

Subaki - he reminds me of Lockhart, so I'd consider Ravenclaw, but he also strikes me as a by-the-rules player who'd belong in Gryffindor.

Hana - Hufflepuff?

Saizo for Gryffindor, Gryffindors seem to be the biggest revenge guys, i.e. Sirius Black.

Kagero: unsure

Setsuna: I'd say either Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw

Azama: I'd say Ravenclaw.  His asshole nihilist personality seems like it would be one branch of the Ravenclaw family

Oboro: I'd say more Gryffindor, due to the revenge angle she's got bigotry for a lack of a better term towards Nohr.  Gryffindor seem like the biggest house to hold grudges, apart from Slytherin

Hinata: agree, Hufflepuff

Subaki: A Ravenclaw/Gryffindor hybrid?  Maybe that's why I married him in my Birthrigth file

Hana: Either Hufflepuff or Gryffindor