Grand Hero Battle: Narcian

Splondir

3 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Managed to beat Hard after a couple of tries. I unknowingly used a strategy similar to @Raven, tho my team is more budet-y (4* Robin and Frederick) so the end result is not so pretty.

Alternative method I could think off is if you have Camilla you can just attack from the mountain, starting from the Archer, then kill off what she could and retreat. The enemy should then be lured to come at you.

I'm not sure, but if you start the enemy movement by putting Camilla in a mountain, you will probably force the bow unit to move first, insta-killing her. I don't want to waste another 15 energy testing it though.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Raven said:

I'm not sure, but if you start the enemy movement by putting Camilla in a mountain, you will probably force the bow unit to move first, insta-killing her. I don't want to waste another 15 energy testing it though.

fwweyfl9czey.png

You first move Camilla just below the mountain, one space below the Archer's attacking range. She will have the range to attack the Archer after that.

Edited by pianime94

Holy hell, Hard mode took me a couple tries. My main team is a hyper offensive glass cannon team (5* Lyn, 5* Takumi, 4* Robin, 4* Olivia), which is not great for a map like this. I basically had to continually get an occasional potshot in with Takumi or Robin while using Olivia to back up out of range until the last few units were weak enough for me to rush down with Galeforce Lyn (3 moves bc of Olivia). 

13 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

You first move Camilla just below the mountain, one space below the Archer's attacking range. She will have the range to attack the Archer after that.

Oh, that's true. After this though, she would be in range of Narcian and one or two (depending on where they place themselves) of the magic cavs. I'm not sure that would end well for her, despite decent resistance.

5 minutes ago, Raven said:

Oh, that's true. After this though, she would be in range of Narcian and one or two (depending on where they place themselves) of the magic cavs. I'm not sure that would end well for her, despite decent resistance.

The crucial point here is, rather, whether said Camilla is able to 1 turn the Archer or not. She'll be fine if she can. Heck, she can even chip off Narcian and the blue cav too thanks to Savage Blow.

Beat the Hard version of the map after five tries with a team consisting of my 5* Lv. 40 Robin, 5* Lv. 35 Leo, 4* Lv. 34 Frederick, and 4* Lv. 35 Serra.

Robin and Serra was pretty much the MVPs of my final attempt: Robin, despite being +HP -Def, tanked just enough hits as a lure for Leo and Frederick, and killed off and weakened (to the point of letting the others finish them off) anyone who was a threat to Leo and Frederick. Serra's heals meanwhile gave Robin the HP that he needed to stave off the damage and not die long enough for Leo and Frederick to take out the threats to Robin and ensure a sweep.

So now I have a 3* Narcian, and I must say that his VA does him justice.

On normal mode, I had a 5* lvl 27 Camilla move to the mountains just in range of the archer when he moves into the 1 forest tile on the right of him. She had 28 HP and 20 DEF, so she survived with low HP. This way she only needs to survive 1 hit instead of all the magic and Narcian's axe to deal with. So I quickly moved her back and started healing her up next turn. Narcian and all his troops trickled in and I cleaned up with my lvl 40 Lucina and Raven. This doesn't work on Hard mode cause the bowman has a Brave bow, but worked good for me on normal since my Camilla was low level.

8 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

The crucial point here is, rather, whether said Camilla is able to 1 turn the Archer or not. She'll be fine if she can. Heck, she can even chip off Narcian and the blue cav too thanks to Savage Blow.

It depends on the Camilla, but mine had no problem killing the bow knight.

I decided to dump 15 energy into it again, and Camilla took out that bow knight, took some hits and survived them all, and then killed Narshan on the next turn, taking more hits and surviving on 2hp. The rest then came down the chokepoint and I had Robin kill the sword knight, then stand in position to tank a hit from the green cav. He just needs enough res/HP to survive because it's a big hit. Then the final player phase is Robin finishing off the blue cav who should be behind the green cav, and Takumi to kill off the green cav.

My team is getting utterly destroyed. I don't have Hector or any other knights, and any of the other heroes I use to bait is killed no matter what. Whoever designed this battle should be shot in the face.

Edited by Trotmeister

9 minutes ago, Trotmeister said:

My team is getting utterly destroyed. I don't have Hector or any other knights, and any of the other heroes I use to bait is killed no matter what. Whoever designed this battle should be shot in the face.

You'll love Lunatic campaign.

I beat Normal with Tiki (Rank 4 Level 27) Roy (Rank 5 Level 22) Clarine (Rank 4 Level 15) and Kagero (Rank 4 Level 25). I found out Tiki could survive the horse dude and the sword dude, so I placed her in the line of fire and Roy in the forest. Next turn I retreated Tiki to heal her with Clarine, and had Roy kill Narcian. Then I just heal camped until Tiki and Clarine could not survive other assault, so I killed the remaining dudes with Kagero and Roy. In Hard mode the horse dude OHKOs Tiki, how joyful.

Edited by L9999

Early this morning I beat normal mode with 5* Marth and Lyn, 4* Serra and F Corrin. But difficult mode is a completely different story. I will need to train someone else. 

Said that I love how difficult these chapters are. Not everything has to be a walk ;)

2 minutes ago, Thalyon said:

Early this morning I beat normal mode with 5* Marth and Lyn, 4* Serra and F Corrin. But difficult mode is a completely different story. I will need to train someone else. 

Said that I love how difficult these chapters are. Not everything has to be a walk ;)

This game gives you units at random, and it is a pain for those whose strongest units get counterpicked/hard countered by Narcian's team.  

Surprisingly challenging on Hard! I think I used 2 stamina pots trying to figure out the best way to go about this.

I ended up using Abel, Merric, Takumi, and Nino.

My Merric is able to survive the initial hit at the chokepoint while Takumi baits Narcian to come south. Next turn, I have Merric go back as far as he can, and then have Nino pull him back further so that he's completely out of range. Takumi and Abel pick off the rest.

Did NORMAL with Lyn, Roy, Sharena and Cordelia... damn that was hard.

Used Lyn as bait first, through the corridor. Then fell back to put Roy in position after Narcian had been dispatched. Then with green mage cav blocking the corridor, it was easy to dispatch them between Roy and Cordelia over the mountains.

Tried using same strategy on HARD... and Lyn and Roy both got squashed by Blue mage so hard. Cordelia just draws the Archer.  :\

Edited by ErrantDShepherd

On Normal, this map wasn't challenging at all due to my units being overleveled. However, on Hard this was really difficult: It took me a lot of tries, but after reealizing that I should finnally use Nino's Draw Back properly, I was able to make Robin survive and kill the annoying Green and Blue Cavaliers, since they were the main reasons why I kept losing on the Map and I admit that I was a bit dumb too, so I can't fault those two entirely

Hard mode was difficult, but through sheer luck I beat it on my first attempt with 5* Ryoma (Lvl 40, High Speed, Low Attack), 4* Felicia (Level 30), 5* Cain (Level 38), 5* Camilla (Level 39).

For me, the main threats were...

1. The Archer - If he is not dealt with, it makes fliers extremely difficult to use as well as "magic bait" units (like Felicia).
2. Mage Cavalier with Swordbreaker - I use Ryoma and Cain who are Sword users and rely heavily on Ryoma. It doesn't help they also have low Resistances.
3. Lots of Magic units - My team is mostly Physical based and can't handle magic attacks save for Camilla (which is why I used my 4* 30 Felicia instead of 4* 36 Sakura)

Turn 1: I used Camilla to take out the Archer and "proc" enemy units. She would have to tank most of the incoming hits, so it helps if she has high HP and Res (at the end of the map, my Camila survived with a mere 1 HP).

Turn 2: I retreat Camilla and put Felicia out front to lure a ranged attack from across the mountain. Camilla takes a hit from Narcian (bringing her down to 1 HP), and the rest of the enemy units start moving themselves to the left corridor. Felicia is heavily damaged.

Turn 3. Camilla finished off Narcian, Felicia retreats, Ryoma is put up front to tank and retaliate. Cain is put into position to attack next turn.

Turn 4+: Clean up the remainder of enemy forces. As mages cannot retaliate and Cain has full health, Cain has no problem taking on the remaining Sword Fighter on his own.

Beat Narcian hard after powerlevelling Robin a bit. Team is lv 40 Ryoma (+spd, -atk), lv 40  Takumi(+spd, -res), lv 36 Robin(+idk yet, -spd), and Wrys. Wrys's stats don't matter, he doesn't attack. All 3 attackers are 5*.

Turn 1 I move the squad close to the mountain range's opening. Ryoma is parked at the edge outside of the danger zone, and robin is right next to him under. Wrys is under Robin, and Takumi just moves closer to the mountain.

Turn 2 Ryoma does not move. Robin moves to the square on top of Ryoma, right in the danger zone. He has WTA on the red fighter, and WTN from blue (plus he doesn't quite kill blue cav in 1 hit, thus preventing brave bow guy from attacking him at all). Move Takumi to the bush to try to make Narcian fly his way. 

Turn 3 Robin should have left Blue Cav somewhat damaged, but not quite dead. Move Robin to the square under Ryoma, and heal with Wrys. Move Takumi right into range of Narcian. Narcian doesn't have a brave axe, so Takumi will live.

Turn 4 Ryo doesn't quite kill red fighter so Robin stays where he is and blows him up. Wrys moves aside to let Ryoma through bc Ryoma can't survive EP if he doesn't. No enemy phase action this turn. 

And then I just spent a few turns letting the archer and blue cav (with 11hp left) come to me and reposition the team. Takumi blicks archer. Robin finishes off blue cav.

I had Ryoma and Robin glued together for much of it because Robin needs Ryoma's Hone Speed.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Hard mode is mostly about having a solid strategy, knowing how much damage you can take, and having the right characters to do the job. My team was Camilla, Takumi, Robin, and Elise, all three offensive units level 40.

My Camilla managed to survive the attacks of the two mages and Narcian on enemy turn and, after a heal from Elise, tank Narcian's special skill with 1 HP remaining.

My strategy requires

1. A flying green or red unit that can take out the archer in one round, tank one round against the mages, and tank two rounds against Narcian with a heal in between (I had Camilla). Put this character in position 2 or 3 to not have to spend an extra turn positioning your units.
  2. An archer or any other ranged unit that deals enough damage to Narcian to finish him off after two rounds of damage from your flyer (I had Takumi).
  3. A healer (I had Elise).
  4. Any unit that can finish off the mages after Narcian is down (I had Robin).

You can replace (3) with a character with Shove or Pull Back and (4) with a character that can tank Narcian's second round if (2) is unable to do so (note that if your flier is capable of double attacking against Narcian, Narcian will have his special skill charged up).

Turn 1: Move your flyer directly below the archer out of range. Put your healer and archer nearby. Keep all of your units out of range of the enemy.

Turn 2: Kill the archer with your flyer. The flyer will take one round of damage from each of the two mages and Narcian.

Turn 3: Retreat your flyer back down. Heal. Narcian will pursue. If you flyer is capable of double attacking Narcian, he will use his special skill this turn. My Camilla survived with 1 HP remaining.

If you're using the alternate party, Shove or Pull Back Camilla and put your other tank in her place.

Turn 4: Use your archer to kill Narcian. After this, kill the remaining units as they pass through the choke point.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Tried this map a few times, and think I'm about to give up…

Have Chere, Gaius, Eliwood, and Odin. All are 4*. I'm playing on normal.

No matter what I do, none of the units can survive the attacks. Even with speed and defense buffs, my main attackers Eliwood and Gaius aren't strong enough to not get doubled and defeated. My flyer isn't fast enough to take out the archer, either, and her resistance is bad.

I have several Pegasus knights and Sofia for resistance options, so I could switch out of those, but it would take me a lot of time to get them leveled up and put on the main team (I do have a few 4* Pegasus knights, but none of them are leveled up at all, others are only 3*, and Sofia is currently 2*, but sitting at level 1). The only archer I have is Virion, who unfortunately is not the best option out there… (He's not upgraded either)

I could theoretically try to grind in the tower until I out leveled him, but right now my units are having problems with the higher difficulties of the tower (ones in red), so I'm unsure if I can go higher (I am at the minimum level the mission recommends).

Have to hope this event comes around again, or eventually the ability to trade units is added in. It's also a shame that the mission is only available for couple days, because it really discourages those other than people who can play constantly to try out different combinations that are not already leveled up…

On the plus side, my main units are upgraded (everyone but Gaius was at 3* before), I was able to clear a few hard mode chapters and I got a castle upgrade. So the tries weren't completely worthless…