Grand Hero Battle: Narcian

Splondir

I'm going to miss out on another two orbs... Sigh.

I tried several combinations of units AND I looked at the videos posted in here, but nothing I have works for the Narcian vs Narcian thing. I tried a strategy similar to what was in those videos too. But all I'm doing is wasting stamina.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I tried several combinations of units AND I looked at the videos posted in here, but nothing I have works for the Narcian vs Narcian thing. I tried a strategy similar to what was in those videos too. But all I'm doing is wasting stamina.

Azura

Male robin

Female Robin

Narcian

I used that same exact team to clear it, but I used Nino instead of female Robin (should work pretty similar though)

If you want an exact play by play, I can tell you! It'll take a little time though!

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Azura

Male robin

Female Robin

Narcian

I used that same exact team to clear it, but I used Nino instead of female Robin (should work pretty similar though)

If you want an exact play by play, I can tell you! It'll take a little time though!

I might if I'm going to have my Narcian kill the enemy Narcian. I leveled my Narcian to 40, but he still takes more damage from the 4 star Narcian. Mine IS 3 star, but yeah.

EDIT: This combo doesn't work either, sorry. Like I said, I don't have the units or something.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I might if I'm going to have my Narcian kill the enemy Narcian. I leveled my Narcian to 40, but he still takes more damage from the 4 star Narcian. Mine IS 3 star, but yeah.

Hm

Well if you're using 3 star Narshen, that strategy might be a little harder. Just remember to make sure you unequip T-Adept from Make Robin so he can help give chip damage on the enemy Narcian! And make sure male robin stands next to your 3 star Narcian too for spur defense!

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Hm

Well if you're using 3 star Narshen, that strategy might be a little harder. Just remember to make sure you unequip T-Adept from Make Robin so he can help give chip damage on the enemy Narcian! And make sure male robin stands next to your 3 star Narcian too for spur defense!

I remove T-Adept, male Robin probably doesn't one-round the sword guy.

I tried your team idea TWICE. It doesn't work. Sorry, Arcanite, but it's the truth. I appreciate your help, but I have no answer.

I remove T-Adept, male Robin probably doesn't one-round the sword guy.

I tried your team idea TWICE. It doesn't work. Sorry, Arcanite, but it's the truth. I appreciate your help, but I have no answer.

Well I'm not satisfried with that!

We have 5 more days for Narcian's event. We have pretty similar units too, so I'm going to make a play by play for your exact units to see if you can do it. It'll take me a while, but lemme see what I can do!

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Well I'm not satisfried with that!

We have 5 more days for Narcian's event. We have pretty similar units too, so I'm going to make a play by play for your exact units to see if you can do it. It'll take me a while, but lemme see what I can do!

Alright, do what you'd like. :P Not like I can stop you.

Alright, do what you'd like. :P Not like I can stop you.

Have you tried doing it in the story mission instead? Even if Narcian dies, it still counts so long as he does the final blow to the Narcian there. 

It's in chapter 9, the one titled royalty and vanity or something like that. I found it easier to do it there, if you haven't tried already? 

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Have you tried doing it in the story mission instead? Even if Narcian dies, it still counts so long as he does the final blow to the Narcian there. 

It's in chapter 9, the one titled royalty and vanity or something like that. I found it easier to do it there, if you haven't tried already? 

No, but I still have to beat the Narcian GHB on hard with Narcian on the team and without losing anyone (stupid requirement) to get one of the orbs.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

No, but I still have to beat the Narcian GHB on hard without losing anyone (stupid requirement) to get one of the orbs.

But you can get one orb, at least, and then you can focus on the other without needing Narcian to kill himself. That means you have a bit more freedom with the hard map to do what you can to get that last orb :)

Ah. The GHB that started them all.

Quest time only for me. Camilla and Olivia stayed. The new were Eirika and either of Alfonse or Narcian for quests I needed to do. I did all the quests in the appropriate GHB. None for story mode.

Hard: Camilla, Olivia, Eirika, and Narcian. This one was pretty easy. Camilla can't kill anything Turn 1 except Archer. Just lure boss Narcian in for my Narcian to kill, though he does take a Vengeance hit.

Normal: Camilla, Olivia, Eirika, and Alfonse. A bit tougher if only because I need to keep boss Narcian alive for Alfonse to kill. I had to take the mountain pass route since 5* Level 40 neutral Attack Camilla still will kill boss Narcian from Draconic Aura. Eirika baited Sword. From there, just make sure Alfonse gets the boss killing blow.

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Do you mean Narcian kills Level 35 Narcian? Because that can be done in the story mission and doesn't require he stays alive.

If you find it hard to do both conditions at once, take Narcian for Hard GHB and just toss him into the corner. If your other three are competent enough, finish the map. Then take Narcian to the appropriate story mission where enemy Narcian is Level 35 and kill him there, not worrying if your Narcian dies along the way.

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

But you can get one orb, at least, and then you can focus on the other without needing Narcian to kill himself. That means you have a bit more freedom with the hard map to do what you can to get that last orb :)

Eh, I guess. I wanted to just tackle both on the GHB to save stamina.

Eh, I guess. I wanted to just tackle both on the GHB to save stamina.

Yeah, it's a nice feeling to be able to do so, but if you're losing a lot, then you're saving nowt. 

I know you have said before you're not particularly great at strategising, and I feel ya, since I'm terrible, too. I did it in two parts and enjoyed myself a lot more doing so ^.^''

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Yeah, it's a nice feeling to be able to do so, but if you're losing a lot, then you're saving nowt. 

I know you have said before you're not particularly great at strategising, and I feel ya, since I'm terrible, too. I did it in two parts and enjoyed myself a lot more doing so ^.^''

Yeah, I'm not a great strategist. Kinda makes me feel a bit bad with some of the characters saying they like the summoner's skills. I'm like "I wish I was as good as you say..." xP

Yeah, I'm not a great strategist. Kinda makes me feel a bit bad with some of the characters saying they like the summoner's skills. I'm like "I wish I was as good as you say..." xP

Nah, you're the only one they know and you have the ability to see all, so from their pov, you are the greatest ;) 

I just sit there and go, yup, yup, I know. Who's MKV? lmao

@Anacybele I wouldn't even feel bad about the stamina. You always get that. Orbs, not so much.

As Cute Chao said, if you keep using stamina in failed attempts trying for both conditions, it'll cost more than if you did both in two separate maps and did them successfully the first times. Three failed attempts of both in one map (45) > both successfully first tries on two maps (36). The two maps route is also less harsh for you considering where your Narcian is now in his levels. More than likely, you would need a dedicated support for him to even damage Hard boss Narcian. And then you have to worry about Vengeance proc. If you separate, then you don't necessarily need the dedicated support for him in the Hard GHB.

1 minute ago, Dual Dragons said:

@Anacybele I wouldn't even feel bad about the stamina. You always get that. Orbs, not so much.

As Cute Chao said, if you keep using stamina in failed attempts trying for both conditions, it'll cost more than if you did both in two separate maps and did them successfully the first times. Three failed attempts of both in one map (45) > both successfully first tries on two maps (36). The two maps route is also less harsh for you considering where your Narcian is now in his levels. More than likely, you would need a dedicated support for him to even damage Hard boss Narcian. And then you have to worry about Vengeance proc. If you separate, then you don't necessarily need the dedicated support for him in the Hard GHB.

I put the Attack+1 Seal on my Narcian and he did 6 damage. No attack buffs or anything. The 4 star Narcian did 8 damage. But yeah, I forgot about Vengeance.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I put the Attack+1 Seal on my Narcian and he did 6 damage. No attack buffs or anything. The 4 star Narcian did 8 damage. But yeah, I forgot about Vengeance.

A little bit of exaggeration on my part. Though you'd have to make up that 1-6 damage range with other folks and try to initiate with your Narcian so boss Narcian's Vengeance doesn't go off.

What's the team you've been trying? And a minor list of other competent (including support) units you got? Otherwise, I'd just go two maps. In the end, you want the Orbs even if it costs you more stamina.

Edited by Dual Dragons

9 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

A little bit of exaggeration on my part. Though you'd have to make up that 1-6 damage range with other folks and try to initiate with your Narcian so boss Narcian's Vengeance doesn't go off.

What's the team you've been trying? And a minor list of other competent (including support) units you got? Otherwise, I'd just go two maps. In the end, you want the Orbs even if it costs you more stamina.

I've been trying several teams.

I don't have/use support units other than dancers, but these are the characters I have at lv. 40:

5 star: Frederick, Ike, Ephraim, Ryoma, Sharena, Klein, male Robin, Reinhardt, Azura, Marth (+1), Bunny Xander

4 star: Female Robin, Hana (+3), Lon'qu (+1), Stahl (+1), Palla (+2), Lilina (+2), Raven (+1), Abel, Subaki, Hawkeye, Virion, Sakura

3 star: Barst, Narcian

@Anacybele Thinking...

Azura - Singer + Fortify Res 3. You're probably going mountain pass on this one since you don't have Camilla. Whoever's on the mountain pass square is going to want the extra Res.

Sharena/M!Robin - have either tank the square with a Fortify Res buff. Sharena can damage the Sword (though I consider him lowest priority on the map) while M!Robin can damage Blue Tome. It's your call on who you think you'll need.

Ike/Ryoma - Distant Counter is always good. They can take on Green Tome and Narcian, though they might want defensive buffs.

Narcian - for quest

As there's no turn limit on this map, start off Fortify Res 3 on whoever is going to tank the square. I'll assume Level 40's and neutral natures for the sake of relative calculations.

> If you went Sharena, she'll kill Sword and take 15 Damage from Blue Tome after Fortify Res 3
> If you went M!Robin, he'll tank Sword, take 15 Damage from Blue Tome, and kill Blue Tome after a Bonfire proc and doubling (he needs to not be -Spd or, if -Spd, needs a Hone Spd 3 from Ryoma). If Blue Tome dies, Archer may deal minor damage because of Death Blow 2.

Quickly retreat this unit because Narcian should go towards this unit or Azura (more likely Azura) and Green Tome is coming down.

Ryoma or Ike should be able to fight without having to worry about Blue Tome (if alive) for a turn as Blue Tome should have attacked from the Archer's west. If so, he can't reach your Sword for a turn. Same deal with Archer. Have your Sword take on Sword (if you went M!Robin as tank) and possibly boss Narcian. If Sword can tank Green Tome, do this as well.

If Sword and Green Tome are gone and boss Narcian is weakened enough, have your Narcian kill. Reposition as necessary so he doesn't die to Archer.

Clean up as you see fit.

And that's what I think will happen. I don't have Azura to test it out, but I could almost replicate the scenario and show it to you if you want.

7 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

@Anacybele Thinking...

Azura - Singer + Fortify Res 3. You're probably going mountain pass on this one since you don't have Camilla. Whoever's on the mountain pass square is going to want the extra Res.

Sharena/M!Robin - have either tank the square with a Fortify Res buff. Sharena can damage the Sword (though I consider him lowest priority on the map) while M!Robin can damage Blue Tome. It's your call on who you think you'll need.

Ike/Ryoma - Distant Counter is always good. They can take on Green Tome and Narcian, though they might want defensive buffs.

Narcian - for quest

As there's no turn limit on this map, start off Fortify Res 3 on whoever is going to tank the square. I'll assume Level 40's and neutral natures for the sake of relative calculations.

> If you went Sharena, she'll kill Sword and take 15 Damage from Blue Tome after Fortify Res 3
> If you went M!Robin, he'll tank Sword, take 15 Damage from Blue Tome, and kill Blue Tome after a Bonfire proc and doubling (he needs to not be -Spd or, if -Spd, needs a Hone Spd 3 from Ryoma). If Blue Tome dies, Archer may deal minor damage because of Death Blow 2.

Quickly retreat this unit because Narcian should go towards this unit or Azura (more likely Azura) and Green Tome is coming down.

Ryoma or Ike should be able to fight without having to worry about Blue Tome (if alive) for a turn as Blue Tome should have attacked from the Archer's west. If so, he can't reach your Sword for a turn. Same deal with Archer. Have your Sword take on Sword (if you went M!Robin as tank) and possibly boss Narcian. If Sword can tank Green Tome, do this as well.

If Sword and Green Tome are gone and boss Narcian is weakened enough, have your Narcian kill. Reposition as necessary so he doesn't die to Archer.

Clean up as you see fit.

And that's what I think will happen. I don't have Azura to test it out, but I could almost replicate the scenario and show it to you if you want.

But would Sharena survive the bow guy? He always attacks whoever I send to bait the sword guy. Same happens in those videos I watched too. The archer attacked whoever baited the sword guy. I think male Robin is a safer bet because he has advantage against both.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But would Sharena survive the bow guy? He always attacks whoever I send to bait the sword guy. Same happens in those videos I watched too. The archer attacked whoever baited the sword guy.

I'm pretty sure Blue Tome would go for her. He deals the most damage to her with her lower Res even after a Fortify Res buff. It happened with my M!Robin. Archer and Blue Tome can't attack Sharena same turn because they need to occupy the same space to attack her.

I just did some testing and, unfortunately, M!Robin way has it so Blue Tome went for him first and not Sword. I assume because if the other way, M!Robin kills Blue Tome by Bonfire... or some other weird algorithm. Thought the AI would go for no-counterattack damage first.

Also, predictably, Ryoma kills boss Narcian by sheer force of power. If you're trying for both quests, that's a problem. Maybe try a less powerful Sword so they don't finish off Narcian in one go. Though the Green Tome will need to be contested eventually.

Edited by Dual Dragons

2 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

I'm pretty sure Blue Tome would go for her. He deals the most damage to her with her lower Res even after a Fortify Res buff. It happened with my M!Robin. Archer and Blue Tome can't attack Sharena same turn because they need to occupy the same space to attack her.

I just did some testing and, unfortunately, M!Robin way has it so Blue Tome went for him first and not Sword. I assume because if the other way, M!Robin kills Blue Tome by Bonfire... or some other weird algorithm. Though the AI would go for no-counterattack damage first.

Also, predictably, Ryoma kills boss Narcian by sheer force of power. If you're trying for both quests, that's a problem. Maybe try a less powerful Sword so they don't finish off Narcian in one go. Though the Green Tome will need to be contested eventually.

At this point, I think I would just rather go have my Narcian beat the story mode Narcian.

Anyway, I'll have to see if you're right and that the blue horse mage goes for Sharena or male Robin instead of the archer.

12 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

I just did some testing and, unfortunately, M!Robin way has it so Blue Tome went for him first and not Sword. I assume because if the other way, M!Robin kills Blue Tome by Bonfire... or some other weird algorithm. Thought the AI would go for no-counterattack damage first.

I think the AI prefers to go ranged attack first.

13 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

Clearing the map with Narcian in the party is first priority. Killing Narcian with Narcian is second to that because Story 9-2 exists.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

At this point, I think I would just rather go have my Narcian beat the story mode Narcian.

I second this. I assume your Frederick can demolish at least all of the non-Zephiel armors on that map, leaving the staff, Zephiel, and Narcian as easy pickings.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

I think the AI prefers to go ranged attack first.

Clearing the map with Narcian in the party is first priority. Killing Narcian with Narcian is second to that because Story 9-2 exists.

I see. Thanks!

Yeah, it was assuming that Ana still wanted to go both quests in one go, even though I said it's best to go two maps in her case.