If Binding Blade makes to the West in some form

10 minutes ago, Harvey said:

I'm willing to bet that it will be the latter..assuming Nintendo is interested in remaking the game itself.

Roy is a pretty popular dude around here, if you haven't noticed, even if it's only because of Smash Bros. I mean, if Nintendo is interested in making a Gaiden remake of all games, then I bet Binding Blade has a good shot.

By the way, do you think the Sword of Seals will be renamed to be the Binding Blade if Binding Blade does get remade/localised?

27 minutes ago, Grizzexploder said:

By the way, do you think the Sword of Seals will be renamed to be the Binding Blade if Binding Blade does get remade/localised?

It already was.  The FE localizers have, consistently, used Binding Blade for the game.  The only time Sword of Seals popped up since Binding Blade went into use as the game's English title is in Smash, and that seems to be an error since they still called the game Binding Blade, and simply inconsistently decided to call the sword the Sword of Seals.  This was fixed in Heroes, where both the game and sword are consistently named "(The) Binding Blade"

Anyway, if we get it, it'll be as an Echoes remake, likely.  Since the weird title structure for the Gaiden remake implies a series.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

It already was.  The FE localizers have, consistently, used Binding Blade for the game.  The only time Sword of Seals popped up since Binding Blade went into use as the game's English title is in Smash, and that seems to be an error since they still called the game Binding Blade, and simply inconsistently decided to call the Sword the Sword of Seals.

Anyway, if we get it, it'll be as an Echoes remake, likely.  Since the weird title structure for the Gaiden remake implies a series.

By Sword of Seals, I mean the weapon, not the title. Will the Sword of Seals weapon be renamed to the Binding Blade?

(or was it answered in your reply, then I'm sorry for asking again)

Just now, Grizzexploder said:

By Sword of Seals, I mean the weapon, not the title. Will the Sword of Seals weapon be renamed to the Binding Blade?

(or was it answered in your reply, then I'm sorry for asking again)

I put this in the edit, the error was corrected in Heroes.  

Both the game and sword are referred to as "The Binding Blade/Binding Blade" 

If your looking for proof that Roy is popular look no further then the FE: Heros poll. 2nd place with 28K votes is nothing to scoff at. The idea of them translating B.B. though is fairly low i'd say. It's much more like for them to remake or possibly even continue Roy's story. They already have a basis of what Roy would look like in his possible 18s to 20s thanks to Smash 4. And it's a majority opinion that Blazing Sword is a stand out title for the franchise. I'm sure the fans could get behind a third trip to Elibe.

And going back to the remake possibility real quick. It's been my biggest dream game for them to combine B.B. and Blazing Sword. Give it a 1st and 2nd generation mechanic similar to Genealogy of the Holy War. Eliwood story would be gen 1. Roy gen 2. And if they wanted to add the "modern" staples that Awakening and Fates have adopted. We already have a potential My Unit in the form of the nameable tactician. And the time skip would be the perfect reason for children characters. Way better then time traveling or baby dimensions.

1 hour ago, LodestarRoy said:

And going back to the remake possibility real quick. It's been my biggest dream game for them to combine B.B. and Blazing Sword. Give it a 1st and 2nd generation mechanic similar to Genealogy of the Holy War. Eliwood story would be gen 1. Roy gen 2. And if they wanted to add the "modern" staples that Awakening and Fates have adopted. We already have a potential My Unit in the form of the nameable tactician. And the time skip would be the perfect reason for children characters. Way better then time traveling or baby dimensions.

I wouldn't be completely happy about that, tbh. The casts of the games aren't laid out to allow full matchmaking. I'm pretty sure that FE7 has quite a few more males than females in the roster, and for the majority of the FE6 cast, a kinship to any FE7 characters isn't even implied. Personally, I wouldn't like if (as an example) they decided to change the peg sisters of FE6 into peg cousins just to make sure that Fiora, Florina and Farina all have a potential kid.

I would rather prefer if the children of the FE7 characters got some small bonuses if their canon mother/father reached a max support with a potential spouse. For example, giving Wolt the option to reclass to Cav if Rebecca married Lowen, or a personal bow if Wil's his father. Or even do something like that for non-romantic supports; Canas and Nino discovering their family ties could result in Lugh and Raigh getting some heirloom from him and his wife. Shoehorning more than that into the games would rather hurt the plot and/or the writing, imho.

1 hour ago, LodestarRoy said:

If your looking for proof that Roy is popular look no further then the FE: Heros poll. 2nd place with 28K votes is nothing to scoff at. The idea of them translating B.B. though is fairly low i'd say. It's much more like for them to remake or possibly even continue Roy's story. They already have a basis of what Roy would look like in his possible 18s to 20s thanks to Smash 4. And it's a majority opinion that Blazing Sword is a stand out title for the franchise. I'm sure the fans could get behind a third trip to Elibe.

I'm in the camp that says that the idea you're proposing just won't work.

Oh I completely understand it would take a lot more consideration then what I put in. 

I meant it more of a dream game from a potential gameplay stand point. Blazing Sword is definitely on many people's remake dreams. This is just my thought of how they could tackle both at the same time. And like you mentioned children like Fir and the pega sisters would have complications if they wanted to add the modern FE staples. As Fir's parents are known and you already explained why the sisters wouldn't work.

One thing that I think could get people excited would be the potential Hector mode.

Just imagine playing the Hector mode we already know to then pick it up with Lilina. We as NA would finally get to experience Roy with the added benefit of having a new outlook through Lilian's eye on the replay.

1 hour ago, ping said:

I wouldn't be completely happy about that, tbh. The casts of the games aren't laid out to allow full matchmaking. I'm pretty sure that FE7 has quite a few more males than females in the roster, and for the majority of the FE6 cast, a kinship to any FE7 characters isn't even implied. Personally, I wouldn't like if (as an example) they decided to change the peg sisters of FE6 into peg cousins just to make sure that Fiora, Florina and Farina all have a potential kid.

I would rather prefer if the children of the FE7 characters got some small bonuses if their canon mother/father reached a max support with a potential spouse. For example, giving Wolt the option to reclass to Cav if Rebecca married Lowen, or a personal bow if Wil's his father. Or even do something like that for non-romantic supports; Canas and Nino discovering their family ties could result in Lugh and Raigh getting some heirloom from him and his wife. Shoehorning more than that into the games would rather hurt the plot and/or the writing, imho.

Gonna take a second to point out that letting Wolt reclass into something that can use swords (or any melee weapon) completely defeats the part of the point of his Marcus support, which pretty much involves Wolt wanting to learn swordplay but Marcus insisting that he's too old to start, and that the true value Wolt has to Roy is not only his bow but simply his companionship, since Eliwood didn't have any retainers his age when he was young.  

It'll most likely be a remake. Not just because of Shadows of Valentia, but because as much as I love it FE6 could do with a remake to fix some of its more unbalanced mechanics. I'd also say its probably not going to be a re-imagining, because Binding Blade does have a much more concrete story than Gaiden, and already has several of the mechanics that a remake would more likely add to a newer game.

Also, I do like the idea of importing saves that give children of certain FE7 pairings bonuses based on who their second parent was. Maybe, say, giving them a bonus weapon rank to start if their parent shared a weapon type with them?

Edited by AzureSen

13 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Gonna take a second to point out that letting Wolt reclass into something that can use swords (or any melee weapon) completely defeats the part of the point of his Marcus support, which pretty much involves Wolt wanting to learn swordplay but Marcus insisting that he's too old to start, and that the true value Wolt has to Roy is not only his bow but simply his companionship, since Eliwood didn't have any retainers his age when he was young.  

Fair point that I didn't think of. But I was just spitballing some possibilities anyway, not thinking too hard about the implications.

Although a single changed support (or even just a custom support for Cav!Wolt and Marcus) would be a small enough change for me to not mind that much.

43 minutes ago, ping said:

Fair point that I didn't think of. But I was just spitballing some possibilities anyway, not thinking too hard about the implications.

Although a single changed support (or even just a custom support for Cav!Wolt and Marcus) would be a small enough change for me to not mind that much.

I forgot this somehow before, but there's also an incompatibility with the Sue support as well.  Wolt tried to ride a horse... it didn't go very well.

Tbh I think it might be better if the other parent gave the character a flat 10-20% growth boost of various distribution, rather than whole new classes that may contradict things.  Like say, Sain gives Wolt a flat 20% Str growth boost, Lowen gives 10% Def and 10% Res, and Wil gives 10% Str and 10% Skill.

27 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I forgot this somehow before, but there's also an incompatibility with the Sue support as well.  Wolt tried to ride a horse... it didn't go very well.

Tbh I think it might be better if the other parent gave the character a flat 10-20% growth boost of various distribution, rather than whole new classes that may contradict things.  Like say, Sain gives Wolt a flat 20% Str growth boost, Lowen gives 10% Def and 10% Res, and Wil gives 10% Str and 10% Skill.

It would definitely help with some of Roy's stats. Ninian's super Spd growth could make him into an more effective dodge tank. Fiora's extra Res could really help him survive the spells that will hone in on him. Lyn would probably add to him all around since their stat growths are fairly similar. Maybe she'll even give a higher weapon rank at the start of his story. Also them adding a potential story point that mentions or includes Roy's mother would be nice.

OK, maybe Wolt wouldn't be the best recipient for additional reclass options. ;) But tbh, growth rates as the only thing a character's parents can change feels a bit boring to me. If (or rather when) the next FE game with a children mechanism comes out, be it an Elibe remake or an entirely new game, I hope that a) the explanation for the grown-up children is less ridiculous than it was in Fates and b) that the children can inherit unique stuff from their parents, not just numbers and skills.

Specifically for this game, I would love if Ninian!Roy would know of his heritage, slightly changing the writing of the game when necessary and maybe even giving him the option to use dragonstones (for example after they find Arcadia). It would be so much more interesting than, say, +15% Spd growth.

On 2/12/2017 at 4:52 AM, ping said:

Specifically for this game, I would love if Ninian!Roy would know of his heritage, slightly changing the writing of the game when necessary and maybe even giving him the option to use dragonstones (for example after they find Arcadia). It would be so much more interesting than, say, +15% Spd growth.

Going off this, I'd actually like it if Roy's parentage affects his class, too.

• Ninian!Roy gets dragonstones and can promote into Dragon Lord, which uses Swords and Dragonstones. He also gets a flat +15% growth to Strength and Skill.
  • Lyn!Roy gets the Mani Katti and can promote into Blade Lord, which is Lyn's class of the same name. He also gets a flat +15% growth to Speed and Luck.
  • Fiora!Roy gets a unique spear and can promote into Falcon Lord, which uses Swords and Spears and is a flying unit. He also gets a flat +15% to HP and Resist.
Edited by AzureSen

• 1 month later...
On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:02 AM, AzureSen said:

Going off this, I'd actually like it if Roy's parentage affects his class, too.

• Ninian!Roy gets dragonstones and can promote into Dragon Lord, which uses Swords and Dragonstones. He also gets a flat +15% growth to Strength and Skill.
  • Lyn!Roy gets the Mani Katti and can promote into Blade Lord, which is Lyn's class of the same name. He also gets a flat +15% growth to Speed and Luck.
  • Fiora!Roy gets a unique spear and can promote into Falcon Lord, which uses Swords and Spears and is a flying unit. He also gets a flat +15% to HP and Resist.

And maybe add higher support bonuses and extra dialogues for the following:

• Ninian!Roy to Sophia and Lalum and talk about how Ninian was a dragon (for Roy/Sophia) and/or a dancer (for Roy/Lalum);
  • Lyn!Roy with Sue and Lilina, and talk about how Lyn was a Sacaean (for Roy/Sue), and/or how her family was (formerly) Lycian (for Roy/Lilina);
  • Fiora!Roy with Thany, with talks about how Fiora was Ilian;

Admittedly, this leaves Cecilia out in the cold - I haven't have a clue for her to be honest...

Also, I wouldn't mind if Roy can "distribute" a team-wide support bonus (though not necessarily have support conversations with everyone like Robin/Corrin) to the entire team. Something like leadership stars, except with some customization... This is to highlight Roy as a person of charisma/strategy over brawns. Some of the "leadership stars" can be allocated for:

• better accuracy (definitely needed for Wade/Lot),
  • critical activation rate (Rutger/Fir will surely love this),
  • critical dodge (Milady and Percy would probably appreciate this; based on my experience),
  • Weapon handling capacity (basically Constitution + bonus modifier number, without (adversely) affecting Rescue; Thany definitely can do with this),
  • perhaps Skill activation,
  • or even raised support bonus percentage. (cue Roy/Lilina starting to become broken pieces of shit hehehe)

Finally, make Roy's promotion either completely independent to his levels, or make his Lord/Master-Lord levels 30/10.

Edited by henrymidfields