Anyone Need a Bard? Maybe?

Rafiel's Aria

Hello, everyone! This is the first time I've used this username anywhere, so I don't have any nicknames for myself. You can probably just call me Raf! I actually joined the forums several months ago because I was a long time lurker and thought it would be cool to join the community. SF has always been the place where I get my FE news. I made an account and forgot...and here I am half a year later making an introductory post. It's kind of intimidating. This community is absolutely gigantic, but it's also pretty cool. I've enjoyed watching my little fandom grow over the years. 

Hm...a little bit about myself. I'm a teacher and an amateur musician. I'm kind of a jack of all trades when it comes to my hobbies meaning I'm not particularly great at any one thing, but I've tried many, many different things. I absolutely love FE. It's been my number one fandom for almost 10 years now. Path of Radiance was my first game, and it will always have a very special place in my heart (even though Sacred Stones might be my favorite). Mia, Rhys, Rafiel, Nailah, Edward, Lyon, Saleh, Ewan, Laslow, Odin, Niles, Leo, Lucius, Raven, Pent, Louise.... I'll just stop there. 

I'm currently addicted to Heroes and anxiously awaiting all of the lovely new games we've been promised. :3 

I think that's a good enough introduction. I'm not quite sure where to start exploring on the forum, but I'm pretty excited. I can't wait to get to know everyone! 

I may not be the best person to do this, but hello and welcome do the forest! I certainly hope you'll enjoy your stay.

I have a lot of respect for teachers since it's a big responsibility to teach someone new things and it's a job I feel that people sometimes don't appreciate enough. Though I also didn't show my teachers the respect they deserved, so I wouldn't put myself above blame. If you don't mind me asking, what grade are you teaching?

As for Fire Emblem, my first and favorite is FE8, also known as the Sacred Stones, with FE7 being a close second. I just love the sprites they used for the GBA games. Unfortunately I haven't played Heroes since it isn't available yet in my country (Nintendo why...) but I'm looking forward to it.

Anyways, welcome!

Welcome to the Forest, Rafiel's Aria!

Who possibly need a Bard? (I don't have anything against them... but it never turns good when there is one in my D&D party)

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Howdy. Nice to have another amateur musician here. Since I'm pretty new here, I've said this to a few other new users. This community is gigantic, but there's no problem just jumping in and talking about whatever. So make yourself feel at home, and don't feel intimidated.

14 hours ago, A Random Player said:

I may not be the best person to do this, but hello and welcome do the forest! I certainly hope you'll enjoy your stay.

I have a lot of respect for teachers since it's a big responsibility to teach someone new things and it's a job I feel that people sometimes don't appreciate enough. Though I also didn't show my teachers the respect they deserved, so I wouldn't put myself above blame. If you don't mind me asking, what grade are you teaching?

As for Fire Emblem, my first and favorite is FE8, also known as the Sacred Stones, with FE7 being a close second. I just love the sprites they used for the GBA games. Unfortunately I haven't played Heroes since it isn't available yet in my country (Nintendo why...) but I'm looking forward to it.

Anyways, welcome!

I appreciate the warm welcome! Right now I'm something of an assistant teacher, and I get to teach between first and sixth grade. I rotate around my school, but I'm hoping to settle down in fifth grade next year. (Mostly because I'm obsessed with my fourth graders.) 

Heroes is great, and I hope you get the opportunity to play soon! Nice to meet you!

13 hours ago, Fluffy56547 said:

It's early in the morning, so forgive me for being short. Welcome!

No problem with short but sweet. I appreciate it nonetheless. I love the username!

12 hours ago, Ycine said:

Welcome to the Forest, Rafiel's Aria!

Who possibly need a Bard? (I don't have anything against them... but it never turns good when there is one in my D&D party)

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

I just started a D&D campaign as a bard. Despite the fact that I'm supposed to be the chaotic one, I'm too busy keeping our heroic but incredibly stupid paladin and our incredibly intelligent wizard with very poor social skills out of trouble. XD It's a blast! 

8 hours ago, Slumber said:

Howdy. Nice to have another amateur musician here. Since I'm pretty new here, I've said this to a few other new users. This community is gigantic, but there's no problem just jumping in and talking about whatever. So make yourself feel at home, and don't feel intimidated.

I'm glad to see another new person here. (But I'm pretty sure a place like this probably gets hundreds of new members weekly.) I'll probably just jump in bit by bit until I find my rhythm. Ba dum tshh. Thanks!

FE7 was my first one, but I played it so horribly that I couldn't get past the pirate ship chapter. I liked Awakening, and recently I've gotten back into Fates upon descovering the hacked side of it. I have 500 hours on Fates, which is probably a little more than I should, comisdering that was before I discovered the hacking section. It's interesting now, to say the least.

Oh wow! That's some dedication! I haven't played any of the FE GBA games in a very long time. I should do that. My main focus has been on Fates as well. I've mostly just been experimenting with different pairings and strange classes and praying that the RNG works in my favor. XD

4 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I appreciate the warm welcome! Right now I'm something of an assistant teacher, and I get to teach between first and sixth grade. I rotate around my school, but I'm hoping to settle down in fifth grade next year. (Mostly because I'm obsessed with my fourth graders.) 

Liking the children you're teaching is great but be sure not to show too much favoritism and punish them when necessary. Kids are very impressionable young fellows after all. Often times it's things outside the curriculum that they will take for the rest of their lives. Don't be afraid to be strict at times, they'll thank you later. Anyways, good luck!

1 hour ago, A Random Player said:

Liking the children you're teaching is great but be sure not to show too much favoritism and punish them when necessary. Kids are very impressionable young fellows after all. Often times it's things outside the curriculum that they will take for the rest of their lives. Don't be afraid to be strict at times, they'll thank you later. Anyways, good luck!

Don't worry! I don't let them walk over me. The kids I work with are just great, so I can't say I have many complaints other than the fact that some of them are painfully shy. But I'll be careful. I've got a lot to learn. I'll definitely do my best!

7 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I just started a D&D campaign as a bard. Despite the fact that I'm supposed to be the chaotic one, I'm too busy keeping our heroic but incredibly stupid paladin and our incredibly intelligent wizard with very poor social skills out of trouble. XD It's a blast! 

A Chaotic Bard? Aiding out in Social? This may lead to dangerous path. Good luck and have fun.

Hi, welcome! I also feel that I'm a jack of all trades, I do so many different stuff but I almost never dominate something(one of my biggest achievements was Contra 3 in Hard difficulty). I'm relatively new, I think one or two months. My favourite FE is Blazing Sword, and second is Sacred Stones.