[RELEASE] [BETA] Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade Canonization Project

PikmTheHero

Poll For v1.1 release  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Should I change Nino's pairing to be with Jaffar instead of Erk (Lugh and Raigh's mag takes a 15% growth decrease)

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should I turn this project into more of a how-to rather than a patch?

• Yes, please, I want to breed gods
    • No, thanks, I love what's already here.

NOTE: This is an old release. Please get v2.1

Here it is;

The beta release of a project that took way too many stressful days to complete...

It unintentionally re-balances most of the units in FE6...

"FIRE EMBLEM: THE BINDING BLADE"
CANONIZATION PROJECT

now in public beta

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Introduction

This is a project I've been working on for the past few days; adding FE4-like generation mechanics to FE6. Now, because I don't feel like frankensteining two GBA roms together, a few days ago I asked /r/FireEmblem to give me their favorite FE7 pairings (that lead to children in FE6). After calculating growths and base stats using the awakening formulae, I inserted those changed stats into the game via Nightmare. In addition to this, I gave all returning units from FE7 their FE7 growths, so now Bartre is more usable and Karel is a shining turd (sorry karel fans). I also took a leif from the FE4 inheritance book, and gave all children characters an item or weapon from their parents' inventory (Geese also gets a Killer Axe from Geitz). With these introduction thoughts out of the way, here are the pairings that /r/FireEmblem gave me;

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pairings

• Eliwood x Ninian
  • Hector x Farina
  • Rath x Lyn (Lyn is only possible mother for Sue)
  • Nino x Erk (Jaffar Soon™)
  • Rebecca x Lowen
  • Hawkeye x ???
  • Bartre x Karla (already canon)
  • Pent x Louise (already canon)
  • Canas x ???
  • Harken x Isadora (May or may not be implemented)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE (OPEN BETA)

Patch: Binding Blade Canonization Patch v1.0.zip

Note: Please apply this patch on top of a ROM that has already been patched with the latest translation, failing to do so will result in error while trying to access certain content.

Excel Document Reflecting Changed Stats and Growths: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ph2ex8qWRpAwt7jdTWJbqemt1LmpoDEpSSeEfJANLxA/edit?usp=sharing

Word Document Reflecting Changed Factors: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ajdD7gG2YGYczZMCnz_QeZZUxlactIKIl4TRBlSUTN8/edit?usp=sharing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know of any bugs or errors, as this is my first hack. Also, if someone requests it, I will change the other Manga weapons to reflect fan-favorite FE7 characters. Gant's Lance is now Lowen's Pike and appears in Wolt's starting inventory, so the ones left are the Staff and the Sword. Thank you, and enjoy! Also, the reason this is in beta is because I had some problems with editing starting stats before, and I need conformation that the children characters after the first chapter turned out the way I wanted to. Please compare the starting stats of changed units with the excel sheet linked above.

COMING SOON:

• Adjusted pairings (Nino x Jaffar), but using Erk's magic growth because fuck that 15%
  • Name patch to match with Heroes. Will release a separate patch with just the name changes.

Binding Blade Canonization Patch v1.0.zip

Edited by PikmTheHero

35 minutes ago, The_Cursed_Path said:

Couldn't patch it with J (eurasia version), it's incompatible

Are you using NUPS? EDIT: NVMD it appears the translation was not included as I thought. I'll update OP.

Edited by PikmTheHero

3 minutes ago, 1japanfan said:

I am pretty sure Nino and Jaffar is more canon than Nino and Erk. Also, Lyn and Hector should replace Farina.

Personally, I do not like the growths that Jaffar gives to Raigh and Lugh, but his Con boost may yet redeem them. If there is enough support, I will change Nino's pairing to Jaffar in the next update. Same with Hector and Lyn, although I much prefer Farina's additions.

1 minute ago, Dandragon said:

i agree with nino and jaffar, not so much hector and lyn

wouldn't it be better to give us an option to use pairings we like instead of saying 'these are specifically canon'?

You can, but it'll take some work. I may turn this project into sort of a walkthrough rather than a stat-locked patch if there is enough support. I probably will change Nino's pairing in the next update as of right now.

Pull out nightmare.

Take average of Eliwood and Fiora.

Change weapon.

Muahahhaha. My canon is real.

All joke aside. Congratulation ! That being said. What's left do you intend on doing? Like the other new character?

16 hours ago, Ryuke said:

Pull out nightmare.

Take average of Eliwood and Fiora.

Change weapon.

Muahahhaha. My canon is real.

All joke aside. Congratulation ! That being said. What's left do you intend on doing? Like the other new character?

I have gotten a request to update the names to match the Choose Your Legends event. I will also change Lugh and Raigh's father to be Jaffar, but I'm going to bump up their MAG growth to 45 or 50 because I want to use them when I play this patch, and they're the children of a frickin Est, so...

1 hour ago, PikmTheHero said:

I have gotten a request to update the names to match the Choose Your Legends event. I will also change Lugh and Raigh's father to be Jaffar, but I'm going to bump up their MAG growth to 45 or 50 because I want to use them when I play this patch, and they're the children of a frickin Est, so...

That's cheating. Haha..

Plot twist. One is the children of Est -- Other Jaffar.

5 hours ago, Ryuke said:

That's cheating. Haha..

Plot twist. One is the children of Est -- Other Jaffar.

Probably Raigh tbh

also the developers cheated when they gave jaffar the shittiest strength growth I have ever seen on a combat physical unit.

Edited by PikmTheHero

20 hours ago, PikmTheHero said:

Probably Raigh tbh

also the developers cheated when they gave jaffar the shittiest strength growth I have ever seen on a combat physical unit.

Put 19 strength for a level 10 Assasin is strong. Then again. their final stats suck.

On 2/12/2017 at 6:09 PM, Raymerald said:

Hector x Florina*

Will x Rebecca*

Florina isn't specifically more canon than Farina. Lyn cannot be the mother of Lilina in Binding Blade, because she is explicitly the only possible mother of Sue, regardless of the implications of Hector x Lyn in FE7. Farina is also exclusive to Hector's route, and has text with him. Rebecca X Lowen has the most descriptive ending text by far, which makes me believe that he is Wolt's Father.

23 hours ago, PikmTheHero said:

Florina isn't specifically more canon than Farina. Lyn cannot be the mother of Lilina in Binding Blade, because she is explicitly the only possible mother of Sue, regardless of the implications of Hector x Lyn in FE7. Farina is also exclusive to Hector's route, and has text with him. Rebecca X Lowen has the most descriptive ending text by far, which makes me believe that he is Wolt's Father.

It's been a long time since I've played fire emblem 6 so forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't Rebecca and Wil already good friends in the story even without taking support conversations into account? That said, Rebecca can die in fire emblem 7, and Wolt will still be born. Yet all the other canon parents just retreat. As long as that wasn't just an oversight, it means she had her kid before her death. I'd say that alone is more than enough to choose Wil over Lowen. 

Not to mention Wil is already wearing an outfit nearly identical to Wolts.

17 hours ago, Jagen said:

It's been a long time since I've played fire emblem 6 so forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't Rebecca and Wil already good friends in the story even without taking support conversations into account? That said, Rebecca can die in fire emblem 7, and Wolt will still be born. Yet all the other canon parents just retreat. As long as that wasn't just an oversight, it means she had her kid before her death. I'd say that alone is more than enough to choose Wil over Lowen. 

Not to mention Wil is already wearing an outfit nearly identical to Wolts.

Good friends ≠ Romantic relationship. Also they don't wear an identical outfit, just the standard archer sprite, but Wolt has his own palette. However, I may change Rebecca's pairing in the next update.

I have to echo the sentiments of everyone in this thread; Sue be damned because Hector X Lyn is more canon than even Roy X Lillina, and for a lot of the same reasons as around X Lillina; I remember reading somewhere that no matter what you do someone is going to be without a defined set of both parents in 6 that isn't Hawkeye iirc and therefore Sue could/should be the odd duck out as opposed to someone else but I haven't actually done the math

basically, neither Roy nor Lyn end up fulfilling the role plotwise of the lord unless they marry Lilina and Hector respectively, taking their endings and storyarc into account, not to mention Eliwood X Ninian have a unique theme and the only other pairing in the entire game to get a unique theme associated with them is- indeed- Hector X Lyn. 

Hector X Lyn is canonically almost steeltight for a lot of the same reasonings as Roy X Lilina, and similarly even Cipher and Heroes (in addition to other media where applicable) push both Roylina and Heclyn as canon either very subtly or pretty blatantly, and not to mention Hector X Lyn gives Lyn the perfect alibi for her absence in 6 (skewered by Hector) whereas her ending up with Rath leaves too many questions out there for why she doesn't even get a sideways glance (though this is a problem for a few others I suppose). Assuming Lyn ABSOLUTELY CANNOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES OMFG be the mother of Lilina is a MASSIVE fallacy; you're automatically assuming we HAVE TO know who the mother of Sue is when we do not know who Hawkeye's wife is for example. It is entirely possible for Sue to be reared from a mother unseen in FE7 and indeed if Lyn is her only possible playable mother, that canonically seems to be the most likely case, making any changes to her stats moot.

also, if Rebecca had wolt before the events of FE7 and her possible death, then there would be zero justification for changing Wolt's growths. He'd already inherit them from his mystery father, much like Hawkeye having his daughter before 7

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

1 hour ago, Red Dingo said:

^ wow, this reads like the virulent rant of a toxic shipping addict.

I think the word you're looking for is "Chronology obsessed freak who goes for the most logical endings possible for the timeline". Literally the only ones right off the top of my head I even care about are Eliwood X Ninian (integral symbolism for Roy is derived from it) Hector X Lyn (from a lore perspective it's the only pairing for her that makes sense internally and externally because otherwise she is, literally, not even a lord by series standards) and Roy X Lilina (same reason above, only logical choice for Roy to actually fulfill the lord ending). And that's due solely to being plot critical in all instances to FE6.

really anyone that's not relevant to FE6, I couldn't give less of a shit about who you make them end up with.

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

• 4 months later...