[RELEASE] [BETA] Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade Canonization Project

PikmTheHero

Poll For v1.1 release  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Should I change Nino's pairing to be with Jaffar instead of Erk (Lugh and Raigh's mag takes a 15% growth decrease)

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should I turn this project into more of a how-to rather than a patch?

• Yes, please, I want to breed gods
    • No, thanks, I love what's already here.

I'd say you shouldn't consider the strength growths of physical units as the mag growth for their children and vice-versa. While technically they are the same stat, in-lore they are not: just look at Renault's pitiful magic.

On 2/20/2017 at 2:01 AM, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

Hector X Lyn is canonically almost steeltight for a lot of the same reasonings as Roy X Lilina, and similarly even Cipher and Heroes (in addition to other media where applicable) push both Roylina and Heclyn as canon either very subtly or pretty blatantly, and not to mention Hector X Lyn gives Lyn the perfect alibi for her absence in 6 (skewered by Hector) whereas her ending up with Rath leaves too many questions out there for why she doesn't even get a sideways glance (though this is a problem for a few others I suppose). Assuming Lyn ABSOLUTELY CANNOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES OMFG be the mother of Lilina is a MASSIVE fallacy; you're automatically assuming we HAVE TO know who the mother of Sue is when we do not know who Hawkeye's wife is for example. It is entirely possible for Sue to be reared from a mother unseen in FE7 and indeed if Lyn is her only possible playable mother, that canonically seems to be the most likely case, making any changes to her stats moot.

I don't see how Lyn as an alibi for not appearing if she is Hector's wife. On the other hand, people are fighting in Sacae before Roy gets there, so she might have died in battle or she might just be fighting elsewhere, off screen, perhaps together with Rath.

Also, Lyn resolves her lord business in her story, I don't see why she has to marry Hector when she can just be friends with him and Eliwood.

Florina and Farina probably have an higher mag growth than Lyn too...

• 2 weeks later...