Nowi or Cherche for MU?

NewTypeEldie

I decided to pick up Fire Emblem Awakening again recently and now that I find myself knowing what I'm doing when it comes to playing the game, I can focus more on the pairings and grinding my characters. My first playthrough worked out fine since all I needed was a level 30 Polestar King Marth with the Exalted Falchion...

Anyway, I originally paired MU with Lissa and it worked out great, but I barely used any of the Gen 2 units besides Morgan and Owain. This time I wanted to try something new and pair MU with Nowi for the lol(i)s. At the same time however, I realized that Cherche is really good too and I can have Nightwing as MU's son. What this comes down to is which character is a better pair for MU in terms of combat ability, skills, and children.

Hm... neither of them is a wife with Galeforce themselves....  

I personally despise Nowi being a character in the game because I find the inclusion of "loci" characters distasteful, but I'll nonetheless concede that from a children standpoint strictly with regards to gameplay it would probably be better to marry her than Cherche, as it allows for Galeforce Nah, whereas Gerome (Cherche's son) can never get Galeforce. 

As a character and from the standpoint of their character design, I'd say Cherche [what a babe!] easily any day of the week over Now (ugh), but gameplay, I think Now is your best bet of the two you listed.