So.. How good is Camelia?

Mac

All I have now is a 4 STARS Camelia so I don't know how good she really as a 5 STARS because her STR stat is absolutely shit (32) for me at level 40, she can't really do justice in arena. I've seen many people ranked her as a top tier hero but I can't really see that happening, well not at a 4 STARS at least. My 4 STARS Robin (guy) absolutely wreck havoc on all the red units and Takumi easily, now that's what you call a top-tier unit.

I'm still using her though, for the bonus (At least she can be alright against Cordelia or Azura). I used to have 2 Lyndis but that's a bad team against strong lance user. I've only got Tiki (young) and 4 Lyndis for 5 stars heroes.

So... back to the main topic, how good is Camelia really? Did any of you guys actually have her STR get to at least 40 as a 5 stars? or has she got better skill? People ranked her as a top tier but for me I feel like she's one of those low tier hero. Somebody enlighten me?

Edited by Mac

Takumi kills her, nuf said. Also Red > Green

Joking aside, being a Lord and a Brave weapon wielder, she is surprisingly effective. As long as she isn't righting against a red unit or within range of a bowman, she can 1hko a lot of people, and charge up her special extremely fast.

(EDIT) When you get Camila to level 20, please let us know what her Level 1 5-star Stats are.

Edited by Alpha Wolves

She's very good, although she does suffer from the Takumi meta right now.  Mine is level 39 right now with an Atk of 33.  Having a Brave Axe makes the relatively low Atk deal more damage.  She's a great Mage killer, since she's got pretty high resistance.  Even Red Mages, she can do serious damage against.  Savage Blow is nice and Darting Blow makes up for her middling Speed, so she can often get x4 attacks.

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The arena's slanted in favor of all of Camilla's weaknesses, so this isn't her time to shine.  If there's more archer/red counters, she'll be a lot better.

This pretty much.  She's great in story mode and the Training Tower, but if you've maxed out your level already, you've probably already beaten that.

Like others have said, Camilla doesn't fit into the meta right now. However, there are some uses for her based on composition. First, if you really need someone to kill Robin, than Camilla + Olivia/Azura is usable. Kill Robin, get refreshed, and retreat before the red swords kill you. Second, Kagero and Lilina are very strong, but infamous for leaving a unit at 1-6 HP left, not quite OHKO'ing them. Camilla's AoE solves this by helping some squishy units land their OHKO.

Camilla has nice stats and could be useful in later meta, so I wouldn't be too disappointed if I roll her.

Edited by Kholdy

2 hours ago, Alpha Wolves said:

Takumi kills her, nuf said. Also Red > Green

Joking aside, being a Lord and a Brave weapon wielder, she is surprisingly effective. As long as she isn't righting against a red unit or within range of a bowman, she can 1hko a lot of people, and charge up her special extremely fast.

(EDIT) When you get Camila to level 20, please let us know what her Level 1 5-star Stats are.

Well yeah, and there's a lot of red hero in the arena meta right now so, she's really not good for me. She can't 1HKO Azura or Cordelia so she's not really useful at all

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

She's very good, although she does suffer from the Takumi meta right now.  Mine is level 39 right now with an Atk of 33.  Having a Brave Axe makes the relatively low Atk deal more damage.  She's a great Mage killer, since she's got pretty high resistance.  Even Red Mages, she can do serious damage against.  Savage Blow is nice and Darting Blow makes up for her middling Speed, so she can often get x4 attacks.

I think it's more than just Takumi though. lots of red heroes are in the arena also. and yes she's a great blue mage killer, which you will probably only encounter in the story mode or training tower. She can't 1HKO Robin she's useless in arena (maybe with a 5 stars and something like 38 speed then maybe). Her speed is subpar for me. If she can't out speed and do *4 hits to Pegasus Knight or Azura in arena then she's really worthless.

2 minutes ago, Mac said:

Well yeah, and there's a lot of red hero in the arena meta right now so, she's really not good for me. She can't 1HKO Azura or Cordelia so she's not really useful at all

I think it's more than just Takumi though. lots of red heroes are in the arena also. and yes she's a great blue mage killer, which you will probably only encounter in the story mode or training tower. She can't 1HKO Robin she's useless in arena (maybe with a 5 stars and something like 38 speed then maybe). Her speed is subpar for me. If she can't out speed and do *4 hits to Pegasus Knight or Azura in arena then she's really worthless.

Robin is considered one of the top units ATM.  So is Linde.  If you're pitting a 4* Camilla against a 5* Robin, it's gonna suck, full stop.  She gets a better weapon at 5*, along with Darting Blow 3.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Robin is considered one of the top units ATM.  So is Linde.  If you're pitting a 4* Camilla against a 5* Robin, it's gonna suck, full stop.  She gets a better weapon at 5*, along with Darting Blow 3.

I can see that, I'm using Robin like no tomorrow also. I'm just confused a lot of sites ranked her so high when I don't feel like she's there ATM. Also even Camilia against 4* VS Robin 4*, she still can't kill him.

Edited by Mac

Just now, Mac said:

I can see that, I'm using Robin like no tomorrow also. I'm just confused a lot of sites ranked her so high when I don't feel like she's there ATM.

Because you're using the 4* version.  And this is from someone who has a 4* Camilla.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Because you're using the 4* version.  And this is from someone who has a 4* Camilla.

Here's the thing, I've seen 5 stars Camilia in  the arena at LVL 40 and she can't even 1 OHKO my 4* Robin so I don't even know what to think you know. Her STR is just too crappy if you asked me.

3 minutes ago, Mac said:

I can see that, I'm using Robin like no tomorrow also. I'm just confused a lot of sites ranked her so high when I don't feel like she's there ATM.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I've got 5* Camilla at Level 40 just now, her stats are

HP: 37
Atk: 34
Spd: 27
Def: 28
Res: 34

The Brave Axe+ gives her 3 extra attack, and Darting Blow gives her an effective 34 Speed when attacking.  She also has Savage Blow 3, which I'm not sure is available at 4*.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I've got 5* Camilla at Level 40 just now, her stats are

HP: 37
Atk: 34
Spd: 27
Def: 28
Res: 34

The Brave Axe+ gives her 3 extra attack, and Darting Blow gives her an effective 34 Speed when attacking.  She also has Savage Blow 3, which I'm not sure is available at 4*.

Savage Blow 3 is available at 4*.

1 minute ago, Mac said:

Here's the thing, I've seen 5 stars Camilia in  the arena at LVL 40 and she can't even 1 OHKO my 4* Robin so I don't even know what to think you know. Her STR is just too crappy if you asked me.

Why are you using the AI, of all things, to judge a unit?

29 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Savage Blow 3 is available at 4*.

Why are you using the AI, of all things, to judge a unit?

Because I think it's crucial for her to be able to finish key blue character in 1HKO regardless of being AI or not to be able to on the above tier. Like for an an axe user, I see her just about as good as Raven.

Edited by Mac

She's got nice skills and a brave axe is useful on player phase. However, she is vulnerable on enemy phase thanks to the brave axe's speed penalty and her vulnerability to arrows, red units, and Excalibur. 

27 minutes ago, Mac said:

Because I think it's crucial for her to be able to finish key blue character in 1HKO regardless of being AI or not to be able to on the above tier. Like for an an axe user, I see her just about as good as Raven.

If you want her to 1RKO everyone not named Wendy, then bring someone with Hone/Rally Attack.  That's a free +8 damage.

She's honestly pretty good against colourless and blue units, on her turn, and she's got decent resistance if you need to put her in the firing line of a mage (obviously not red) for some reason, but I do find that she's very squishy, especially with what people tend to go with in the arena. She can't really hit other units with any real power, resulting in her tending to be fairly useless a great deal of the time, unfortunately.

Edited by Frenzify

Her strength stat is bad because they gave her a brave ax which definitely ruined her. It only has base 8 might where as other weapons like Lyn's Sol Katti has base 16 . Also brave ax decreases speed which is yet another bad thing about her. And she's a green flier so she has to deal with 1. Low speed 2. Arrow users and 3. The psychopathic sword-user focuses like Lucina, Marth etc. She's probably the worst focus out of the first 8 but that's just me.

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If you want her to 1RKO everyone not named Wendy, then bring someone with Hone/Rally Attack.  That's a free +8 damage.

Sadly you can only put 4 heroes on the field, I I wouldn't sacrifice Robin, Lyndis or Tiki for just to buff Camelia

Just now, Mac said:

Sadly you can only put 4 heroes on the field, I I wouldn't sacrifice Robin, Lyndis or Tiki for just to buff Camelia

I'd kick Lyn for Olivia.

2 minutes ago, Mac said:

You might just have to use Camilla just for other stuff besides arena. Arena is just crawling with too many 52 attack Lucinas (yes, there are 52 attack Lucinas and I have screenshot evidence) and whatnot. 

Just now, eclipse said:

I'd kick Lyn for Olivia.

Thank for the advice.  I have no problem winning the arena 7 times in a row. Back to the same question, why do many sites rated her so high with the current meta still. I guess she wrecks havoc in story mode and training tower. My Robin isn't 5 stars so I wouldn't trade Lyn for Olivia for now. She's a high risk high reward. and that +4 speed buff is my key to win everything in the arena. Also that +7 attack when hp < 50% and is too strong to ignore.

Just now, Arcanite said:

You might just have to use Camilla just for other stuff besides arena. Arena is just crawling with too many 52 attack Lucinas (yes, there are 52 attack Lucinas and I have screenshot evidence) and whatnot. 

I believed you. People rated her so high when she can't really do much in the arena. I have no problem winning arena by any means. I'm just confused by her tier-list shown on many sites.

1 minute ago, Mac said:

Thank for the advice.  I have no problem winning the arena 7 times in a row. Back to the same question, why do many sites rated her so high with the current meta still. I guess she wrecks havoc in story mode and training tower. My Robin isn't 5 stars so I wouldn't trade Lyn for Olivia for now. She's a high risk high reward. and that +4 speed buff is my key to win everything in the arena. Also that +7 attack when hp < 50% and is too strong to ignore.

You answered most of the question.  Camilla's also clutch for getting Narcian (and was literally my only option, as I have no armors and the closest blue that could possibly tank is Odin).

Olivia allows for some insane strategies, whether it be having Camilla duck in and get out, pseudo-Galeforce, or simply repositioning people.  The attack aura is for everyone.  Tiki's the other one I'd replace, though I like her because she makes excellent bait.  Lyn tends to die to blue things, and Robin/Linde are really up there right now.

2 minutes ago, Mac said:

I believed you. People rated her so high when she can't really do much in the arena. I have no problem winning arena by any means. I'm just confused by her tier-list shown on many sites.

Maybe it's because of how "pretty" she is. N̶u̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶n̶u̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶k̶