Split Promotions and Difficulties

I just had an epiphany of sorts. Instead of having three-tier class promotions, what if they, instead, utilize branching promotions again?

For instance, Archers could either become Bow Knights or Snipers. This way, they could, perhaps, balance the classes a tad more? Snipers would have an extra range bonus, but won't move as far as a Bow Knight? Or Mercenaries could become either Dread Fighters or Heroes? Perhaps they will have the option for Pegasus Riders to become Falcon Knights or Griffon Riders. We DID see some Griffon Riders in the mural during the game's cinematic trailer. Mages could have a Sage or Witch/Sorcerer (learn dark magic) kind of branch.

I think using split promotions would allow the opportunity to offer more class balance and variety. I truly believe that IS will NOT do a straight copy of Gaiden. Shadow Dragon had reclassing, new maps, and new characters. They'll revolutionize Gaiden somehow.

On another topic, do you guys think we'll see a Hard and Lunatic difficulty mode? How do you think they'll implement these difficulty modes given that the original game had zero balance. 

I can see difficulties being added. In the OG Gaiden there were two difficulties, being normal and easy, easy giving you twice as much exp making the inevitable grind fest easier. But I can definitely see a hard mode or even lunatic mode being added (And I would love to play lunatic mode for once).

As for slip promotions, personally, I would prefer the original class system, tho, I would not be against a new class system if done well enough.

For the sake of staying true to the original, I wouldn't mind if they kept the promotions as they were.  Of all the mechanics in this game, the promotion system doesn't need improvements.  Except maybe the whole "loop back to villager" exploit with the merc line.

We might get playable witches, though.  Of course, witches having the ability to teleport is a pretty broken ability in the hands of the player, but I think that they can find a way to balance it... maybe.

I do think we'll be getting difficulty modes.  They did it with Shadow Dragon and Mystery, and for all its gimmicks, Gaiden wasn't a particularly difficult game.  Difficulty levels might entail implementing a time limit, making enemies tougher, and/or adding more foes.  A choice between Casual and Classic might also be planned, though casual mode would render the revival shrines completely pointless unless they did something about that.

3 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

We might get playable witches, though.  Of course, witches having the ability to teleport is a pretty broken ability in the hands of the player, but I think that they can find a way to balance it... maybe.

If we did, I'm sure they'd wind up restricting Warp to how it worked in Fates. Also, on that note, I think the two mages you got who were witches on the enemy side are going to be changed to mages during their tenure as enemy units.

I would be in favor of branched promotion, since I've already stated that third tiers wouldn't work to well.

Even Shadow Dragon, which was rather barebones as a remake, had multiple difficulties, so I expect them to be here too.

On the topic of warp, instead of being able to warp anywhere, witches could instead cover their normal movement range by warping. This would allow them to move unhindered by terrain (I got this idea from Stella Glow's Hilda).