Worst Unit/Class Combinations?

Fuzzlekins

I've been thinking of doing a runthrough of Revelations where I class change every character into the worst possible class available to them, which can be pretty much any class with clever use of seals. I've already done a Birthright playthrough where I classed changed everyone into flyers, so I have experience with the amount of meticulous planning and grinding that goes into a run like this, so don't worry about the logistics of how every character will get access to these classes. (Of course, it's way easier to give them classes from their home region so I probably will pick and choose if there are too many cross-nation class suggestions.) What I want to know from you guys is what classes I should change everyone into, or more specifically, which classes are the worst fit for every Fates character? 

For example: Ryoma would be a terrible Onmyoji or Sorcerer. Basically any class where he could ONLY use Magic to attack. Orochi would probably the worst General ever with her bad HP, Defense, and Strength.

You can exclude the Corrin Exclusive Support characters and capturable bosses from this thread, but I mean if you want to include them go right ahead.

EDIT: Just to encourage more variety, if a class has both a magic and nonmagic weapon I will attempt to primarily use whichever one corresponds to their weakest attack stat. 

Edited by Fuzzlekins

Maybe Strategist Kaze via Elise? Or Malig Knight Kaze via Camilla? (Cons: He'll never get amazing atk even with axes. Magic/Defence is already awful. Pros: There's some interesting skills that he can play with though - Savage Blow, Trample, and flying. Might be kinda fun.) 

uuuh... If reclassing isn't mandatory - Keeping Mozu as a villager forever and fielding her on all maps without turning her into a guard stance bot, is probably the worst thing I can think of.  

Edited by komasa

Making Elise a Wyvern Lord, which she has immediate access to, is probably her worst option.  Her STR, DEF, SKILL is too bad to be effective in that class.

As for the other royals:

Corrin - n/a, for obvious reasons Corrin can excel in anything;

Ryoma, Xander - Any magic using class that doesn't allow them to use their holy swords (so no Grandmaster or Mage Knight)

Leo, Takumi - Surprisingly I've made both of these guys work with everything I've tried, but using Takumi on a non-bow using class makes the baby Naga sad.

Hinoka, Camilla - both are mediocre but not terrible mages, except witch because it is OP

Sakura - she's kinda broken, I haven't found anything she can't make work.

Azura - by contrast to Sakura, Azura tends to be pretty weak no matter what without grinding

re: everyone else like someone said just switch most magic users to physical classes and physical to magic users.  Although this can backfire on units like Odin who does fine in Owain's original class.

Edited by kcirrot

Elise actually doesn't fail too hard as a Wyvern Rider. She's awful at first, but once she hits C-rank, she can rip things apart with the Bolt Axe. She's a pretty terrible Apothecary, though!

Messing up most people is easy since, as others have said, all you really have to do is switch magic characters to physical classes and physical characters to magic classes. Some characters are difficult to truly screw up, though, namely the ones who have decent growths in both magic and strength, like Sakura and Leo. If you want to mess up Leo, though, go Kinshi Knight. It slaughters his stats. Plus starting at E-rank is no fun.

Actually, most of these magic units as physical classes aren't inherently as terrible as they could be since all the physical weapon types have at least one magic weapon they can take advantage of. Physical characters in magic classes are probably worse period.

On 2017-02-13 at 10:38 AM, kcirrot said:

Sakura - she's kinda broken, I haven't found anything she can't make work.

Pretty much this, and you gotta thank her decent Strength growth and her great Magic growth (as well has her overall balanced growth rates) for that. She's cureently a Dread Fighter in my Revelation run on Hard-Classic, and she was literally - along with Corrin of course - the one unit carrying the team and the one that made some of the maps even possible. She is THAT good! :o