My roster: Who to 4* ?

Aymodez

Got a bunch of 3* heroes sitting at or above level 19-20. Not sure who is key to focus onto 4*. Other screenshot is the 4-5* lineup I have. 

This is my first time playing ANY FE game... I know... I know... Complete noob to everything, except Ike, Marth, and Roy-- I got to know who they were from Smash Bros lol.

My current highest level team setup is 5* takumi,5* Lyn, 5*yTiki, and 4*Robin. This team is above level 35 with takumi at 38. I'm lacking something here (probably my own skills lol) and get erased from arena battles against Linde and dance using groups ?. 

Will any of these potential 3* heroes in my roster help my main team or will I have to form something a bit more balanced?

I know I haven't mentioned my 4* heroes... I really really like fCorrin and Fae. But I feel like I'm not properly using them at their full potential.

Help?

Screenshot_20170212-231209.png

Screenshot_20170212-231232.png

I personally think that if you have doubts (I can't see all the skills of your characters, so I can't give any super-specific advice), go for Olivia. Dancers are awesome since mobility is king. But it's  a long road for sure :\ Still it allows for many different nice builds and overall Olivia seems to be a pretty good support unit who will benefit greatly from being able to take a hit in some situations. And since you have speedy Lyn with Galeforce.... well, you see where I'm going :)

Just now, Avestus said:

I personally think that if you have doubts (I can't see all the skills of your characters, so I can't give any super-specific advice), go for Olivia. Dancers are awesome since mobility is king. But it's  a long road for sure :\ Still it allows for many different nice builds and overall Olivia seems to be a pretty good support unit who will benefit greatly from being able to take a hit in some situations. And since you have speedy Lyn with Galeforce.... well, you see where I'm going :)

Very true. I haven't experimented with GF with Lyn when I learned the skill... Maybe because I didn't get Olivia at that time yet. I am working on Olivia in my level 20s XP group though.. wish she earned XP when using dance ?

I second raising up Olivia. Her skills are very useful, and she's not bad offensively either. You might also consider Narcian. His strength is slaughtering blue units which may or may not be useful later on. (Either way, he's amusing to use.) And speaking from experience, Serra has been a pretty great healer. She doesn't have Clarine's mobility, but I got mine up to a 4* unit, and she's been pretty blessed stat-wise. She can take a hit if she needs to, and her healing is top notch.

3 minutes ago, Aymodez said:

Very true. I haven't experimented with GF with Lyn when I learned the skill... Maybe because I didn't get Olivia at that time yet. I am working on Olivia in my level 20s XP group though.. wish she earned XP when using dance ?

Theoretically I see it like this: you move Lyn in range of close-combat unit. He attacks (one tick) , she returns 2 strikes (3 ticks overall), then on next turn you make 2 "brave" attacks and kill the enemy, activating the galeforce. Then Olivia gives +1 trun and galeforce on activation another +1. It requires some luck and good positioning but even without going exactly like that, it sounds fun to me.

Edited by Avestus

The team looks pretty solid but as you've pointed out it's weak against ranged blues like Linde.

I agree with giving Olivia a shot and I'd also suggest trying Cecelia or Nino. The latter has a niche as a blue magic check. She also gives you a movement option in Draw Back. No experience leveling Cecelia though. 

Mind posting your general strategy on maps?

9 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I second raising up Olivia. Her skills are very useful, and she's not bad offensively either. You might also consider Narcian. His strength is slaughtering blue units which may or may not be useful later on. (Either way, he's amusing to use.) And speaking from experience, Serra has been a pretty great healer. She doesn't have Clarine's mobility, but I got mine up to a 4* unit, and she's been pretty blessed stat-wise. She can take a hit if she needs to, and her healing is top notch.

2 hours ago, Locked Apple said:

The team looks pretty solid but as you've pointed out it's weak against ranged blues like Linde.

I agree with giving Olivia a shot and I'd also suggest trying Cecelia or Nino. The latter has a niche as a blue magic check. She also gives you a movement option in Draw Back. No experience leveling Cecelia though. 

My Olivia seems to be lacking HP:

Sitting at 4* at level 21:

hp: 23

atk:29

spd:15

Def:15

Res:14

Is this normal growth rate for her? Tried searching for olivia threads concerning growth rates... my search skills may be sub par as I cannot find more in depth info on her stats.

Edited by Aymodez

2 hours ago, Locked Apple said:

I enjoy using Cecelia. She's very fragile though. Maybe I'm using her incorrectly?

In terms of map strategy...When I'm facing 4 enemies on a map with my main 5* team, I usually push for yTiki to be up front with Lyn while Takumi and Robin takes off in opposite directions. This is only if tak and Robin can hold their own against whatever they're headed towards. If not, I usually have them sit a tile behind the two girls. If the enemies have tak/robin or any combination that have a huge advantage over my own team, I will play the baiting game and position everyone together as long as they are able to move two tiles back to bait enemies. 

This is literally my first FE game, but I'm familiar with this type of game so I don't know how to go that far into describing my strategy specifics :/

Edited by Aymodez

2 hours ago, Aymodez said:

When I'm facing 4 enemies on a map with my main 5* team, I usually push for yTiki to be up front with Lyn while Takumi and Robin takes off in opposite directions. This is only if tak and Robin can hold their own against whatever they're headed towards. If not, I usually have them sit a tile behind the two girls. If the enemies have tak/robin or any combination that have a huge advantage over my own team, I will play the baiting game and position everyone together as long as they are able to move two tiles back to bait enemies. 

That all sounded pretty good to me. Except it could be useful to bait with Takumi more. And Robin in the right matchup. You only really want to take damage during the enemy's turn. 

Most maps have either a choke point that let's you choose who gets hit by what or obstacles that you can use to split up their forces. 

How good is Lyn at slaying on Player Phase? Seems risky if an enemy can survive.  

41 minutes ago, Locked Apple said:

That all sounded pretty good to me. Except it could be useful to bait with Takumi more. And Robin in the right matchup. You only really want to take damage during the enemy's turn. 

Most maps have either a choke point that let's you choose who gets hit by what or obstacles that you can use to split up their forces. 

How good is Lyn at slaying on Player Phase? Seems risky if an enemy can survive.  

Lyn is second to takumi in terms of damage in my team. I do use takumi to bait since he does have the range to do so. I just generally keep Lyn side by side with yTiki and bring in either takumi or Robin when I need to chip away/get rid of enemies from a distance and then bring in the girls, depending on how the enemies are lined up-- if they're stacked next to each other with an opportunity to attack back with significant damage, I'll use yTiki to tank most of the damage as she's usually able to take the enemy phase a retreat for the next player phase--thus, bringing in Lyn to make the kill shot if necessary. 

Just finished hard mode story and used 20 orbs to pull.

5* Lucina, Tharja

4* Roy, Abel, and Nowi

I think I got a pretty good pull with Lucina and Tharja at 5*. I'm liking Lucina.. however, I'm finding it difficult to have two red mages now (also have a 5* Lilina). 

Anyway, this group is getting power leveled as we speak ?. I'll work on Roy later since I have way too many red heroes ?

That's the last pull for a long time. Lunatic mode stamina is crazy at chapter 2.

20170213_115102.png

My votes go towards Nino and Olivia, I already have Nino at 4 stars and she's a decent green mage. Olivia with investment can turn out to be a very good support user for the team and dance helps a crapton for training your other units.

3 hours ago, Solcalibre said:

My votes go towards Nino and Olivia, I already have Nino at 4 stars and she's a decent green mage. Olivia with investment can turn out to be a very good support user for the team and dance helps a crapton for training your other units.

Olivia it is! 

2 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

Cecelia gives you another anti-Tamuki option. That's always good in this meta.

New characters might be coming out in a few days so, maybe just wait to see what shifts as well.

Yup, I'll work on Cecilia too!

Quick side plug: I started a YouTube channel with FEH. Check it out: