Updated FE12 translation patch (Beta 2 released!)

1 minute ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

European English which may or may not have changes

so far tho it looks like it does not have any

I found the NA version (at least it was labelled as "USA")

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, joesteve1914 said:

I found the NA version (at least it was labelled as "USA")

Could you update the op with name changes and mark with an asterisk to show they're tentative until we are 1000% sure of them when Echoes launches?

That way we can keep track of everything we already checked

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

1 minute ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

Could you update the op with name changes and mark with an asterisk to show they're tentative until we are 1000% sure of them when Echoes launches?

That way we can keep track of everything we already checked

Yeah, sure. I'll try to get that done by tomorrow.

3 hours ago, joesteve1914 said:

Yeah, sure. I'll try to get that done by tomorrow.

What do you think on Exalted Falchion since that's what Divine Blade Falchion from FE11 was relocalized as? Do we use both interchangeably to keep the spirit of remaining true to FE11 while also acknowledging Echoes and Awakening or do we go purely with Divine Blade Falchion and lose the connection?

its the exact same name in Japanese, Awakening merely caused confusion and now both Smash Bros and Echoes have relocalized Divine Blade Falchion as Exalted Falchion to keep up with Awakening; the implication in Japanese is that when Chrom performs the Awakening, Falchion is restored to the power it had in Marth's era, and this implication would be lost in English if we kept it as Divine Blade Falchion entirely, but if we go with Exalted Falchion entirely we miss the point of this patch putting FE11 above all else.

Its quite a conundrum and possibly falls under "quality of life" like Legion's speech pattern since Divine Blade Falchion isn't the name of the item, but rather what characters call it in dialogue on a few occasions- depending on how many occasions this is uttered we might be able to start talking about how we should divy it up if we go down that route

for absolute clarity- the Falchion as of Marth's era was relocalized as "Exalted Falchion" despite the Japanese name being the exact same between 11/12/13/14/15, even including Marth's amiibo appearance in Fates- "Divine Blade Falchion" in Japanese- but is localized in 11 as Divine Blade Falchion and from 13 onward as either Exalted Falchion (Awakening and Echoes) or just Falchion (Fates)

We should also probably focus on knocking out character, item, and location names that are hard and fast first like Divine Dragon King Naga with female pronouns and the Anew staff before having a potential debate like this, though

12 hours ago, RedEyedDrake said:

...You know, I just realized something. And yes, this isn't completely on topic but it isn't completely off topic either.

Anyway, the Whitewings were there to help Alm and Celica battle Grima. And it would only make sense that they would tell Minerva everything that happened to them over the course of their absence. And Minerva would have then at least notified Marth & co. about the situation as they were nearing Marmorthod. In other words, it is quite likely that Marth actually knew about Grima's corpse being underneath Thabes. Really puts a new perspective on chapter 11 of FE12, doesn't it?

Hmm, it's an interesting thought, but unlikely for many reasons. Nevermind the apparent 1000 year discrepancy between Marth's era and the First Exalt's era.

Namely, Echoes Grima is a lot, lot weaker (and smaller) than in Awakening. Something like that couldn't possibly cause the almost apocalypse that was the Schism. Most likely Echoes Grima is the halfway point building up to the Schism Grima.

Also, if anybody could've been the First Exalt, Alm would be a much better fit since his title is literally Exalt in the Japanese version (in the English version, he's Exalted King, which is different but the same idea). He also has a Falchion...

14 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Hmm, it's an interesting thought, but unlikely for many reasons. Nevermind the apparent 1000 year discrepancy between Marth's era and the First Exalt's era.

Namely, Echoes Grima is a lot, lot weaker (and smaller) than in Awakening. Something like that couldn't possibly cause the almost apocalypse that was the Schism. Most likely Echoes Grima is the halfway point building up to the Schism Grima.

Also, if anybody could've been the First Exalt, Alm would be a much better fit since his title is literally Exalt in the Japanese version (in the English version, he's Exalted King, which is different but the same idea). He also has a Falchion...

The first exalt's wife is said to have used a Wing Spear by Donnel and have been a Pegasus Knight. That's what makes it pretty possible he's Marth, or at the very least raises some questions about why the first exalt's wife matches Caeda's description to an exact letter. The first exalt's wife pretty much flies in the face of Celica once we compare them- Celica doesn't use a Wing Spear effective against knights, and isn't a Pegasus Knight

Exalt is a localization of "Holy King". Seliph is also known as a Holy King of Jugdral and would probably be localized as Exalted King or something similar as well; Elibe, Magvel, and Tellius lack Holy Kings but so does Archanea- prior to the First Exalt. It's more than possible Marth became known as a Holy King as well as a Hero King down the line- as someone pointed out, he's literally the King of the Holy Kingdom- and fought Grima at some point years after FE12. And additionally he might be the first Archanean to bear the title of Holy King: thus, first Holy King aka First Exalt.

Theres nothing really to prove or disprove that firmly though because they're so fucking vague about the whole ordeal.

However, on that note, it actually seems pretty near impossible for Alm to have been the First Exalt; Chrom and Lucina share a bloodline with Marth which Tiki confirms and Echoes basically confirms Alm and Celica are in fact the ancestors of Walhart (alm's final overclass is literally the Conquerer class, same as Walhart, and promotes from his hero class) The only way this could be worked around is if the two bloodlines were mingled at some point and Chrom + Walhart are relatives of some kind but that seems pretty unlikely.

16 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

...What are you talking about? Where did I ever bring up the First Exalt? I was referring to how Marth knew about Alm and Celica's fight against Grima, how things have actually changed in Thabes since he and the Archanean League visited it in chapter 23 of FE11 and what effects Grima's corpse being around might have on the journey through Marmorthod.

17 minutes ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

The first exalt's wife is said to have used a Wing Spear by Donnel and have been a Pegasus Knight. That's what makes it pretty possible he's Marth, or at the very least raises some questions about why the first exalt's wife matches Caeda's description to an exact letter. The first exalt's wife pretty much flies in the face of Celica once we compare them- Celica doesn't use a Wing Spear effective against knights, and isn't a Pegasus Knight

Exalt is a localization of "Holy King". Seliph is also known as a Holy King of Jugdral and would probably be localized as Exalted King or something similar as well; Elibe, Magvel, and Tellius lack Holy Kings but so does Archanea- prior to the First Exalt. It's more than possible Marth became known as a Holy King as well as a Hero King down the line- as someone pointed out, he's literally the King of the Holy Kingdom- and fought Grima at some point years after FE12. And additionally he might be the first Archanean to bear the title of Holy King: thus, first Holy King aka First Exalt.

Theres nothing really to prove or disprove that firmly though because they're so fucking vague about the whole ordeal.

I wasn't really that serious. The timelines don't even match as I said.

The Pegasus Knight who totally isn't Caeda is tricky, but I don't believe it's actually Caeda. Could just be a "reincarnation". Besides, we've had a few reincarnations in the past; even Walhart could be one with a stretch.

Again, the most important thing is that the timelines don't match up. While there could've been miscommunication involved, I don't think they could've screwed up the timelines that badly.

5 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

...What are you talking about? Where did I ever bring up the First Exalt? I was referring to how Marth knew about Alm and Celica's fight against Grima, how things have actually changed in Thabes since he and the Archanean League visited it in chapter 23 of FE11 and what effects Grima's corpse being around might have on the journey through Marmorthod.

Sorry, I quoted the wrong person/post. Meant to quote @Hero of the Fire Emblems

Anyway, with regards to what you posted, yeah it's kinda ironic everyone just skipped by the labyrinth in Mystery. I assume it's because Alm and co thought Grima was safely defeated, not that it was sleeping and recovering power.

38 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

While there could've been miscommunication involved, I don't think they could've screwed up the timelines that badly.

You've clearly never seen the comedy of errors and ignoring established lore that is Hyrule Historia.

that book was outsourced to a third party on the down low though so maybe it's incoherent gibberish because of that.

Might also be localization induced (greetings from the Evil Swan King Naesala) but I'm not quite sure how to go about checking that

probably isn't Marth if the 10,000 year thing holds up, probably him if it does not I'd say

A lot of this stuff we're going by is just because of heroes.  Did shadow dragon do something wrong in translating the endings, or did the circumstances of titles and ending titles change with New mystery?  I'd like this to be translated as close to the japanese version of FE 12 as possible (aside from official names).  On the topic of the Fire emblem being referred to as the "Champion's crest" or whatever (I can't remember right now) why not just call it the fire emblem?  Calling it any thing else that deviates from the simplicities that SD's writing and translation introduced is just confusing and pointless - we have something to go by that makes more sense and is consistent.  Why not go with it?  Also, FE 12 is a DS game.  not 3ds.  I'd prefer it, personally, to be close to it's predecessor in more ways than one. 

I may be really uninformed or I may be completely wrong and what I said makes no sense.  But I just wanted  to add my 2 cents and offer my input on this project (if it's still going)

Continuing my previous train of thought, it is actually hilarious to realize that the Whitewings participated in FOUR battles against a "Big Bad Evil Dragon" (tm) over the course of a grand total of a mere four or five years or so (Medeus as an Earth Dragon, Duma, Grima and Medeus as a Shadow Dragon). Char comes a close second due to participating in battles against three of the those four over the course of three or four years.

...You know, at this point it wouldn't surprise me if the process known as the Awakening involves Naga secretly calling upon the dragonslaying powers of the Whitewings to bring the Archanean Falchion back to its original might. I also, wouldn't be surprised if their birth was prophesied in the text of the Naga tome and that is actually why it had the power to defeat Loptyr.

>_>

<_<

Edited by RedEyedDrake

18 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Continuing my previous train of thought, it is actually hilarious to realize that the Whitewings participated in FOUR battles against a "Big Bad Evil Dragon" (tm) over the course of a grand total of a mere four or five years or so (Medeus as an Earth Dragon, Duma, Grima and Medeus as a Shadow Dragon). Char comes a close second due to participating in battles against three of the those four over the course of three or four years.

You know what else is ridiculous? Est is captured in every game she appears in, even Awakening where she's a DLC character. I guess Heroes is the one exception, but you could say she's being held hostage behind a paywall XD

Anyway, um, I guess I'll keep quiet until more Echoes names are dropped. Not sure what else there could be though. The Angel Ring mentioned in one of Minerva's base conversations maybe? Oh yeah, also the name of the star shards in the Astral Temple DLC.

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

You know what else is ridiculous? Est is captured in every game she appears in, even Awakening where she's a DLC character. I guess Heroes is the one exception, but you could say she's being held hostage behind a paywall XD

Anyway, um, I guess I'll keep quiet until more Echoes names are dropped. Not sure what else there could be though. The Angel Ring mentioned in one of Minerva's base conversations maybe? Oh yeah, also the name of the star shards in the Astral Temple DLC.

There's Marth's Falchion being Exalted Falchion but it was translated first as Divine Blade Falchion in FE11; so I'm not sure how we should approach this (it's the exact same name in Japanese and 8-4 just so happened to fuck it up for the sake of an exalt pun in Awakening). I think our two options are to use both interchangeably and make the continuity wholly intact or to go with one or the other entirely.

Awakening's Japanese implication is that Exalted Falchion is the exact same level of power it had in 11/12, so that's probably why they used Exalted Falchion for Echoes.

@Lord Tullus yes, a lot of the ending titles and ending texts changed in FE12. Gordin went from "The Ungagged" to his original untranslated title as one example, but the titles Scarlet Sword for Navarre and Red Dragoon for Minerva aren't ending titles. They're epithets that those characters are called that they never got called in FE11; Navarre is widely feared as the legendary "Scarlet Sword" and Minerva is known as the respected "Red Dragoon" of Macedon; BOTH of their epithets are CHAPTER TITLES; specifically the chapter in the main story where Navarre joins iirc is called Scarlet Sword, and BS Fire Emblem Chapter 2 is titled Red Dragoon

the purpose of this patch is not to retranslate anything that was already translated in FE11 and the only thing on the table is maybe Exalted Falchion but it's the same name in Japanese (Divine Blade Falchion) translated differently in Awakening by 8-4 for shits and giggles, and it ruins a major connection to FE11/12 in localization that Fire Emblem Echoes somewhat tried to restore; that's literally the only thing we're questioning here because everything else is official names for characters and locations we got out of Awakening, TMS#FE, Heroes, and Echoes, all of which have some stuff from FE12 that was never translated by FE11.

Basically everything is just plugging in official names for things that haven't been translated yet

6 hours ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

Basically everything is just plugging in official names for things that haven't been translated yet

Indeed, the major problems/controversies in fan translations tend to come from the things that have no official translation, e.g. the Vergil debacle, or from introducing new material that wasn't in the original for the hell of it (IN AMERICA!!!)

In this case, we have two official descriptions for the same sword, but they are not mutually exclusive and not its actual name. It's certainly feasible that two different adjectives can be used to describe the same item.

11 hours ago, JamesBCrazy said:

In this case, we have two official descriptions for the same sword, but they are not mutually exclusive and not its actual name. It's certainly feasible that two different adjectives can be used to describe the same item.

That was sort of my thought; I was thinking one specific instance (or maybe two or three at most) of someone uttering "the Divine Blade Falchion" in the main story could be made "the Exalted Falchion" on account of Echoes and Awakening specifically due to this non mutual exclusitivity, while keeping the other instances of Divine Sword Falchion intact. It's the same Japanese name as mentioned, but Awakening strongly insinuates that the Awakening ritual returns it to the power it had in Marth's era in the Japanese version- hence the name they gave it in the Japanese version. 8-4 had to screw that really really vital but of lore up, but a passing mention could completely fix this without coming across as heavy handed and overwriting ALL instances of its epithet.

It actually IS a bit of lore that's integral and falls under the "mistranslation" category just like Naga's gender, also likewise being canonized by Echoes at least in part, and thankfully has a fix that's not too difficult.

edit: I actually seem to have caught onto something! In the event recap for FE11, the cutscene for Jiol panicking is called "Gra's Sun Sets" as pointed out to me by a friend. I thought that was way too suspiciously named and had him check the Japanese name- which ended up being グラの落日

aka, the exact same as the chapter in New Mystery

So we actually have a 100% official localized title for Chapter 17: "Gra's Sun Sets", as seen in the Event Recap of FE11. Blink and you'll miss it but it's there. @joesteve1914 this should probably also be added to the list so far

Alright, so I'm working on a google spreadsheet with all of the changes that I will put in the OP soon.

About the Divine Blade Falchion/Exalted Falchion, well, the game doesn't seem to use "Divine Blade Falchion" anywhere. It's referred to as a "divine sword" in the dialogue, but the title is never actually mentioned in the game.

45 minutes ago, RJWalker said:

"Gra's Sun Sets" sounds fucking awful. Don't use that please.

Unfortunately official localizations take priority over anyone's opinions (including mine). Sorry :(

Small update: The patch will be out soon. The text editor has a bug that screws up all of the vwf text in the game (including the text I didn't even touch) when it inserts the script. That means I have to go through each file manually and fix it. That'll delay it a few days, but besides that the only thing left to do is adjust the chapter titles. I haven't even looked at that yet and I'm not looking forward to it :D

I did managed to recruit Catria and Palla last night in the Limited Edition of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. The ring that Catria was holding is still called "Angel Ring" in the English version.

Edited by King Marth 64

4 hours ago, joesteve1914 said:

Alright, so I'm working on a google spreadsheet with all of the changes that I will put in the OP soon.

About the Divine Blade Falchion/Exalted Falchion, well, the game doesn't seem to use "Divine Blade Falchion" anywhere. It's referred to as a "divine sword" in the dialogue, but the title is never actually mentioned in the game.

That's probably what the title is rendered as by the original localization team and they just didn't pick up on it; it's kanji for the title is   神剣ファルシオン and I'm like 99% certain that that's what was used in those instances since it translates literally to "divine sword Falchion". In other words, I think you're staring right at the title just translated differently by the original team. Double check to make sure if you want, I'm pretty sure that's your ticket though. Just thought you ought to know.

https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Exalted_Falchion

so there's your title at any rate I'm like 99% sure, I mulled this over with someone who had access to an FE3 text dump who if I remember right confirmed this is what they translated as "divine sword Falchion" like you're looking at. I'll have to double check if Blade or Sowrd is used in the FE11 localization, but it's definitely the same term

Edit: yes, FE11 localized the term as divine BLADE. (Example 1: Cain:
“My condolences sire. The king died valiantly on the fields of Gra. The traitors took from him the divine blade Falchion and gave no quarter to those of our soldiers who remained…”) The initial team just got it wrong/didn't think the title was significant at the time. So all of them should at LEAST be changed to Divine Blade, and you should consider referencing Exalted Falchion since it's the same term as shown by the etymology section of the above link.

and also because that's what Marth's Falchion's moniker is localized as in smash and now more importantly Echoes.

tl;dr the uses of "Divine sword Falchion" is, in fact, the epithet and the original fan translation team didn't pick up on that fact, so it should at least be changed to "Blade" and you should consider the Exalted thing on account of Echoes. I should clarify the epithet was a dialogue only thing- until Awakening used it to distinguish its ultimate form and the Marth Amiibos used it likewise, which made it really important suddenly, and then 8-4 decided to relocalize it as Exalted Falchion because why not.

I think it would be a mistake to use "Exalt" in reference to anything in Marth's era. The First Exalt exists and the blood pact with his bloodline was formed when he fought Grima. Before that, the blade was not exalted. Awakening makes a clear distinction between Marth's "Falchion" and Chrom's "Exalted Falchion". Just don't call it by some title. It doesn't have a proper title in FE11, just descriptions that people use.

42 minutes ago, RJWalker said:

I think it would be a mistake to use "Exalt" in reference to anything in Marth's era. The First Exalt exists and the blood pact with his bloodline was formed when he fought Grima. Before that, the blade was not exalted. Awakening makes a clear distinction between Marth's "Falchion" and Chrom's "Exalted Falchion". Just don't call it by some title. It doesn't have a proper title in FE11, just descriptions that people use.

Actually, both Alm and Seliph are known as "Holy Kings" which is literally what's localized as Exalts. So the term far predates Awakening chronologically

the distinction Awakening makes is a fictitious one; the intention was the OPPOSITE in the Japanese version; the title of Chrom's Falchion was literally indicative that it was the SAME Blade and power level as Marth once had after the Awakening, again as noted in the etymology section, and the Awakening ritual had nothing at all to do with the first holy king. 8-4 was just being your garden variety brain dead translator and decided "durrrrrrrr lets equate the word "divine" to "Exalted". Analyzing the intent, yes, it was "Exalted" prior to Awakening, the name just had not a god damn thing to do with the first Exalt, and that's more because 8-4 is being kind of brain dead here and it was originally the Divine Blade Falchion in awakening's Japanese version, as it is in Shadow Dragon and Shin Monsho. Echoes corrects this somewhat by referring to the Archanean version as Exalted.

us not calling it Exalted won't change anything because Echoes already went and called the pre Awakening Falchion the Exalted Falchion, so there's literally no point because it's already done by Echoes, which firmly establishes the Marth era Falchion as being the Exalted Falchion- localization only, as the terms were always the same in Japan and thus no confusion arose.

tl;dr, 8-4 are bad localizers when it comes to continuity and wanted to make a shitty pun, which is what causes some confusion. Echoes outright calls the Marth era Falchion the Exalted Falchion, so we know for a fact the English relocalized title has nothing to do with the First Exalt canonically.

the proper title is  神剣ファルシオン in 11/12, which is the same title the fully awakened Falchion Bears in Awakening's Japanese version- localized as "Divine Blade Falchion" in the English version of Shadow Dragon. It is, in fact, a proper epithet, same as "Blade of Light".

In 11/12, this is TEXT ONLY, just like "Blade of Light", and SHOULD NOT be applied to the item name; like the Angel Ring, this is dialogue only stuff here

6 hours ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

That's probably what the title is rendered as by the original localization team and they just didn't pick up on it; it's kanji for the title is   神剣ファルシオン and I'm like 99% certain that that's what was used in those instances since it translates literally to "divine sword Falchion". In other words, I think you're staring right at the title just translated differently by the original team. Double check to make sure if you want, I'm pretty sure that's your ticket though. Just thought you ought to know.

https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Exalted_Falchion

so there's your title at any rate I'm like 99% sure, I mulled this over with someone who had access to an FE3 text dump who if I remember right confirmed this is what they translated as "divine sword Falchion" like you're looking at. I'll have to double check if Blade or Sowrd is used in the FE11 localization, but it's definitely the same term

Edit: yes, FE11 localized the term as divine BLADE. (Example 1: Cain:
“My condolences sire. The king died valiantly on the fields of Gra. The traitors took from him the divine blade Falchion and gave no quarter to those of our soldiers who remained…”) The initial team just got it wrong/didn't think the title was significant at the time. So all of them should at LEAST be changed to Divine Blade, and you should consider referencing Exalted Falchion since it's the same term as shown by the etymology section of the above link.

and also because that's what Marth's Falchion's moniker is localized as in smash and now more importantly Echoes.

tl;dr the uses of "Divine sword Falchion" is, in fact, the epithet and the original fan translation team didn't pick up on that fact, so it should at least be changed to "Blade" and you should consider the Exalted thing on account of Echoes. I should clarify the epithet was a dialogue only thing- until Awakening used it to distinguish its ultimate form and the Marth Amiibos used it likewise, which made it really important suddenly, and then 8-4 decided to relocalize it as Exalted Falchion because why not.

Okay, I'll look into it and make changes where necessary. 

I just noticed that "Wrys' Staff" and "Katarina's Tome" are translated in the patch as "Polish" and "Hellfire", respectively. @VincentASM, do you remember if this was an intentional choice, or is it a translation error? 

Does Shadows of Valentia specifically refer to Alm as an "Exalt"? Because if it doesn't then the title of his Awakening einherjar isn't "Exalt" either. It is "Exalted King". Or does the einherjar also get referred to as "seioh"? Also, does Marth ever get referred to as "seioh" in the context of FE12? Dialogue during the final chapter? Character endings? Anything?

And did the Archanean kings ever get referred to using the term "seioh"? Did the kings of Grannvale from before Arvis' takeover ever get referred to as such? Did Lima IV ever get referred to as "seioh" in SoV? Rudolf was quite clearly simply referred to as "emperor" ("kotei") so that isn't a problem...Oh, and what did Hardin and Arvis get referred to when they became emperors? Were they also called "kotei"?

But even if any people from the continent of Archanea get referred to using the term "seioh", it should still be noted that the First Exalt ("shodai seioh") is still referred to as such regardless. So at least make the distinction between Exalts within the context of the First Exalt's existence and any "seioh" that came before by calling the latter "Exalted Kings" instead. Such a distinction actually makes sense since they aren't quite the same thing to begin with, even just within the context of the Archanean continent. And since we have one example of a "seioh" that is still from the Kagaverse but isn't from Archanea being referred to as an "Exalted King" specifically then it stands to reason that the other such example ought to follow suit...unless the first example already got overturned in SoV, of course.

Additionally, is Archanea ever referred to as the "Holy Kingdom of Archanea" in capital letters in FE11? The only mention of such a term that I found reads as "the holy kingdom of Archanea", meaning that the "holy kingdom" part might simply be a description and that the kingdom of Archanea might not have any official English names beyond simply "Archanea". Meanwhile, both the kingdom of Archanea and the Halidom of Ylisse are referred to as "seiokoku". So...what, does that mean that the kingdom of Archanea is to be referred to as the Halidom of Archanea for the sake of consistency? Technically, there isn't anything in English to contradict it but I thought this ought to be discussed first.

Oh and, just to double check this, when the Falchion is referred to as a "divine blade" in the script of FE11 the term "shinken" is the one that gets used, right? And what is the Falchion's name as an actual item in FE11 and FE12? Is it just "Falchion" or is it "Shinken Falchion"? And the actual item that is the Falchion used by Marth in SoV is also called "Shinken Falchion", correct? What is Alm's Falchion called as an item, then? "Falchion"? "Shinken Falchion"? And I'm assuming that Lucina's Falchion in SoV is actually called "Parallel Falchion" ("Uraken Falchion") in the Japanese version just like it is in the English version?

Edited by RedEyedDrake

3 hours ago, joesteve1914 said:

Okay, I'll look into it and make changes where necessary. 

I just noticed that "Wrys' Staff" and "Katarina's Tome" are translated in the patch as "Polish" and "Hellfire", respectively. @VincentASM, do you remember if this was an intentional choice, or is it a translation error? 

Intentional. If you can fit the original names feel free to use them. In not fussed either way.

Oh, did I ever tell you how to use the narrow width font?