joesteve1914

Updated FE12 translation patch (Beta 2 released!)

Good to hear the project is out of limbo. Do you know if the team was ever able to solve the dialogue rewind glitch? (where the text in the dialogue rewind would be cut off)

14 hours ago, GamerX51 said:

Good to hear the project is out of limbo. Do you know if the team was ever able to solve the dialogue rewind glitch? (where the text in the dialogue rewind would be cut off)

Was about to say the same.  Just found  this topic over the weekend and it sounds like exactly the kind of translation patch I would want (seeing Roro instead of Legion, etc was just driving me crazy :P  I'm currently playing through Binding Blade and I cringe a little every time I read "Klain" :P).  So glad to see it isn't abandoned.  

14 hours ago, GamerX51 said:

Unfortunately, not yet. It's high on our list however.

Hell yeah! This is such amazing news! I'm so looking forward to this!

But yes, I did have one little question about one of Male Kris' lines in his support with Luke. I talked about this on page 15, but basically I was wondering if one specific line of Male Kris' was going to be changed.

Anyway, I'm happy this is being worked on again. I'm lovin' all of the updates you've provided so far, to the point where I really believe this would be the best way for my friend to experience FE12 for the first time. Here's me wishing you guys the best!

On 2/21/2019 at 8:29 AM, PersonWithTime said:

Hell yeah! This is such amazing news! I'm so looking forward to this!

But yes, I did have one little question about one of Male Kris' lines in his support with Luke. I talked about this on page 15, but basically I was wondering if one specific line of Male Kris' was going to be changed.

Anyway, I'm happy this is being worked on again. I'm lovin' all of the updates you've provided so far, to the point where I really believe this would be the best way for my friend to experience FE12 for the first time. Here's me wishing you guys the best!

Sorry we missed it at that point.

Honestly, we haven't even started doing the Luke supports yet. But now that you've mentioned it, we'll put it on our check twice list for when we reach that point.

Does anyone have a link to some of the older versions, like patch v2.01, I wanna try some AR codes?

Speaking of AR codes, would anyone on the team be interested in converting a Japanese region code for Shadow Dragon to the US version? I have a tutorial for converting codes, all that is needed is a windows and an emulator.

4 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Does anyone have a link to some of the older versions, like patch v2.01, I wanna try some AR codes?

Speaking of AR codes, would anyone on the team be interested in converting a Japanese region code for Shadow Dragon to the US version? I have a tutorial for converting codes, all that is needed is a windows and an emulator.

I don't have a link in a moment, but I'm sure it exists somewhere in this thread. If I notice it at all, I'll be sure to repost it and tag you.

4 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Actually, does this patch include DLC?

Yes. All three DLC items, as well as the three DLC chapters, will be included in the patch. 

7 minutes ago, TriforceP said:

I don't have a link in a moment, but I'm sure it exists somewhere in this thread. If I notice it at all, I'll be sure to repost it and tag you.

Sure, that would be great.

I double checked with the remnants of the old team, and it seems that the link on the first page is still the most current public version. That said, it's also two years old. We'll get an updated version out as soon as we're comfortable, but as stated before we aren't quite yet

@Emperor Hardin

Hey, ping me when you guys have a new patch available for download.  I'll see if I can edit it into the first post.

On 2/22/2019 at 10:16 PM, TriforceP said:

Sorry we missed it at that point.

Honestly, we haven't even started doing the Luke supports yet. But now that you've mentioned it, we'll put it on our check twice list for when we reach that point.

Thank you! And yes, do whatever you need at any pace you're comfortable with. I'm wishing you the best of luck guys!