Jump to content
Busterman64

How much better is FE 12 then FE 11?

Recommended Posts

For the longest time I've tried to get through FE11, but the farthest I've made it is chapter 3. You'd think I'd stop trying after trying for a few years, but for some reason I just can't help but want to beat the game...at least once! There is always some push within myself to try and make it through the game and hopefully, I do one day.

Thing is, I've been curious about FE12 for a bit, but with FE11 in mind, I'm not sure what to think. So, is it much better?

Who knows, if it's any better, it might drive me to beat the game a bit faster! :^_^:

(Besides, with the Gaiden Remake coming soon, I might want to try beating it before May or risk putting if off for a couple of months again!)

Thanks in advance! :Joshua:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say most people would like FE12 quite a bit more(Myself included), but ultimately, because @eclipse would kill me if I didn't specify, it's ultimately down to preference. FE12 feels a lot more like a "modern" Fire Emblem. Growth rates are higher, the pace is generally faster, there's a bit more balance that puts it in-line with current games. For a lot of reasons, 11 felt like an older car with some bells and whistles and a new coat of paint. 12 feels like an older car with a brand new engine and a fresh coat of paint.

If you didn't get a kick out of 11, you may actually still end up enjoying 12 quite a bit.

Edited by Slumber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like FE12 a lot more. The story is better than FE11, it's not great but FE11 is too bare bones and stripped down for my taste. The main improvements are the gameplay, FE11's gameplay on early chapters is just frustrating and RNG dependent(yay chipping with Javelins on bosses with axes), but then becomes much easier with the Warp staff+ huge amounts of gold+ super effective forges due to limited enemy variety. FE12 is more difficult overall, but has a more consistent difficulty curve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MCProductions said:

Just play FE3

 

This is accurate. FE12 is superior to FE11. For me at least. Shadow Dragon feels more like FE1 with a few upgrades while FE12 is more like modernish fire emblem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Slumber said:

I'd say most people would like FE12 quite a bit more(Myself included), but ultimately, because @eclipse would kill me if I didn't specify, it's ultimately down to preference. FE12 feels a lot more like a "modern" Fire Emblem. Growth rates are higher, the pace is generally faster, there's a bit more balance that puts it in-line with current games. For a lot of reasons, 11 felt like an older car with some bells and whistles and a new coat of paint. 12 feels like an older car with a brand new engine and a fresh coat of paint.

If you didn't get a kick out of 11, you may actually still end up enjoying 12 quite a bit.

I don't deny the truth!

Anyway, FE12 has more story, characters, characters, characters, and characterization on the multitude of characters you get.  Reclassing's better (get a save file, so that the male class lock is removed), the in-game arena's helpful, and the Wifi items are clutch on the harder difficulties.  Speaking of, don't let the four difficulties fool you - they should be named Easy, Requires Thinking, OMG, and What Did I Get Myself Into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basically what @eclipse just said. And top it off, you got an avatar.

but I prefer FE3 thank you. It is more amusing because lol nostalgia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2017 at 1:18 PM, Busterman64 said:

 

For the longest time I've tried to get through FE11, but the farthest I've made it is chapter 3. You'd think I'd stop trying after trying for a few years, but for some reason I just can't help but want to beat the game...at least once! There is always some push within myself to try and make it through the game and hopefully, I do one day.

 

This is how I feel about it. I tried to get into Shadow Dragon, but everything just feels so bland and there's a lot of stupid stuff like gaiden chapters and killing off units to get other ones. I haven't played the game in years besides some "I'll try again" moments to then just put down the game. FE12 has supports, better growths, good difficulty options and curves, and gameplay.

Enemies in FE11 from my memory are kinda just placed in spots with no plans of their own. In FE12, enemies are placed in ways that they all attack one spot maybe 3 or even 4 times. Enemy formations are a bit scary to break sometimes on harder difficulties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a drive to beat FE 11.  Do what I do:  Give a meme or inside joke to every character you can.  That inside joke gives the character enough leverage to try, and as such, makes you want to progress so that such characters can get stronger.  After all, that's how I managed to use Dorcas in FE 7.

Examples:

Etzel del Pretzel  - Roshea the Critical Grape Vine - Julian is the best theif ever and must be used every time and maxed out by the end of every playthrough unless Lena says no  -  Macellen, the ULTIMATE Replacement.  Cain and Abel, the Bible Bros (They are so boned)

Edited by Lord Tullus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Lord Tullus said:

Etzel del Pretzel  - Roshea the Critical Grape Vine - Julian is the best theif ever and must be used every time and maxed out by the end of every playthrough unless Lena says no  -  Macellen, the ULTIMATE Replacement.  Cain and Abel, the Bible Bros (They are so boned)

Would Caeda, the Ultimate Marth fangirl, and no beard Jaigen work as well?

 

Yeah I'm really bad at names, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Would Caeda, the Ultimate Marth fangirl, and no beard Jaigen work as well?

 

Yeah I'm really bad at names, sorry.

Yep.  Whatever works for you.  It's not really about making the jokes work either.  Finding some way to make each character memorable is a special case in shadow dragon, because most of the characters you meet that are not story important are just portraits with growths.  But it is important to remember: sometimes, the greatest experience you can have is with a friend.  ....

...

I dunno where I was going with that, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...