Tileset Animations

turtleofdoom

Hello,

I am having trouble figuring out how to use water tileset animations when inserting my map.

The tile animation index in Nightmare does not seem to be working. I am using tileset 10 00 11 12 respectively. Does anyone know how I should set the Tile Animation? Is there a guide where all this information lives?

Thank you!

Make sure in the Chapter Data Editor that Object Set 1 is 0x10, Object Set 2 is 0x00, Palette is 0x11 (or another town palette), and Tile Configuration is 0x12.
Tile Animations should be the water for towns, so make sure you're not mistakenly using the animations for overworld tilesets (In FE7, Town water is 0x58).

If things still aren't working, it would be helpful to explain how you inserted your map. Maybe there was an insertion goof.

That matches exactly with the setup I have currently in Nightmare.

The way I inserted the map was using Tiled Map Inserter. The map was also designed using Tiled. The map is replacing Crazed Beast, so I naturally used the following for pointers.

• Map Pointer: C9CBF4
  • Map Changes Pointer: C9CBF8

Everything works fine: events, tile changes, etc with the exception of water animation.