Potential Modes in FE Warriors

Jedi

If anything an extra mode might be akin to the world map Like Gaiden/SoV, Sacred Stones and Awakening(Fates' world map is more menu based) where you move around and fight an army of mooks if you encounter any. As for maps I think PoR's endgame map, 2-E map from RD and Fates chapter 6 map would be neat to play on.

Copy pasted my thoughts

13 minutes ago, Emeraldfox said:

If anything an extra mode might be akin to the world map Like Gaiden/SoV, Sacred Stones and Awakening(Fates' world map is more menu based) where you move around and fight an army of mooks if you encounter any. As for maps I think PoR's endgame map, 2-E map from RD and Fates chapter 6 map would be neat to play on.

Copy pasted my thoughts

They might do that instead, however I think it'd be neat if they did the traditional FE styled map lol. 

I dont know anything about empires mode... but isnt it like having one army fully invade the other? if the character cast is big, we could have a singular map where the different armies from different games could be on one spot, and you go and try to invade. (if thats how empires work.)

Did my question in the other thread inspire this video? 
All I want is for Xtreme Mode to come back somehow. Conquest Mode was fine, but it was a lie

...Actually, since Conquest Mode was Xtreme Mode-lite in DW8, then in DW8XL, it turned into Empires-lite, or so I heard, I would actually like a mode like Conquest Mode to appear, it has the potential to be quite amazing.

Also, While I doubt weapon durability will be a thing, I'm gonna theorize like it is for a bit:

It could have "health", so to speak, regular combat wouldn't affect it too much, but like blocking charge attacks, certain magics, or traps that have corrosive properties could make it deplete more. And if it "breaks", there could be an ATK penalty or some such instead of actually losing the weapon(or you could lose the weapon and be screwed, but that's just me being mean), then you can discard it or repair it during after battle/during intermission, that sort of thing.

You could use something like repair stones for broken weapons, whetstones for recovering the health, and fusing the same weapon with other materials to increase the max durability or some such.

...But I rambled.

2 hours ago, Thany said:

I dont know anything about empires mode... but isnt it like having one army fully invade the other? if the character cast is big, we could have a singular map where the different armies from different games could be on one spot, and you go and try to invade. (if thats how empires work.)

Empires would be better suited as a seperate game, alot goes into them. 

2 hours ago, Soledai said:

Did my question in the other thread inspire this video? 
All I want is for Xtreme Mode to come back somehow. Conquest Mode was fine, but it was a lie

...Actually, since Conquest Mode was Xtreme Mode-lite in DW8, then in DW8XL, it turned into Empires-lite, or so I heard, I would actually like a mode like Conquest Mode to appear, it has the potential to be quite amazing.

Also, While I doubt weapon durability will be a thing, I'm gonna theorize like it is for a bit:

It could have "health", so to speak, regular combat wouldn't affect it too much, but like blocking charge attacks, certain magics, or traps that have corrosive properties could make it deplete more. And if it "breaks", there could be an ATK penalty or some such instead of actually losing the weapon(or you could lose the weapon and be screwed, but that's just me being mean), then you can discard it or repair it during after battle/during intermission, that sort of thing.

You could use something like repair stones for broken weapons, whetstones for recovering the health, and fusing the same weapon with other materials to increase the max durability or some such.

...But I rambled.

Wow thats a very indepth weapon system, it sounds like an expansion on the old Dark Cloud weapon system, dno if you've played that though.

...Have I been pronouncing "Elibe" wrong this whole time?
And it's so weird seeing Zhou Yu with a sword.

*ahem* Anyways, I actually had been thinking something like this. Have individual characters be units on remakes of FE maps, with individual enemy units counting as mini-battles. It would be the Adventure Mode analogue of the game.

3 hours ago, The DanMan said:

...Have I been pronouncing "Elibe" wrong this whole time?
And it's so weird seeing Zhou Yu with a sword.

*ahem* Anyways, I actually had been thinking something like this. Have individual characters be units on remakes of FE maps, with individual enemy units counting as mini-battles. It would be the Adventure Mode analogue of the game.

I'm not sure, this is just how I've always pronounced it, and man it used to NOT be weird, then 6 happened and gave him the cool Bo Staff haha. 

Yeah, it'd be pretty great honestly, plus it might have that minor tactical depth that some fans really want.

I didn't think about how neat some of the map redesigns would look from an over-the-shoulder POV. It'll be pretty cool to see some places like the Soothsire Mountains and the like from the view of the soldier.

Are these games typically ones that feature Indoor maps? Most of what I see looks like outdoor mayhem

8 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I didn't think about how neat some of the map redesigns would look from an over-the-shoulder POV. It'll be pretty cool to see some places like the Soothsire Mountains and the like from the view of the soldier.

Are these games typically ones that feature Indoor maps? Most of what I see looks like outdoor mayhem

There are some indoor Warriors maps yes, usually the ones involving Castle sieges.

19 hours ago, Jedi said:

Wow thats a very indepth weapon system, it sounds like an expansion on the old Dark Cloud weapon system, dno if you've played that though.

Thanks, I was just saying whatever came to mind. >~>;
I have, granted, it's been a very long time since I've messed with Dark Cloud. o:

27 minutes ago, Thany said:

I just hope whatever mode happens, I hope that can be a way to unlock some characters.

In DW(and SW), there's usually a few characters that appear in story mode that you can't play, but are able to unlock later, so this I assume would likely happen

9 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Yeah, every Dynasty Warriors game afaik, has a couple indoor maps.
In my humble onion, some of the indoor stages look a bit better than the outdoor stages

12 hours ago, Soledai said:

Yeah, every Dynasty Warriors game afaik, has a couple indoor maps.
In my humble onion, some of the indoor stages look a bit better than the outdoor stages

Usually they have those really big ornate designs, all with those cool details haha.

That would be pretty cool, it would definitely motivate me to go ahead and pre order. As it is I am interested in the game, just waiting to pre order until more info releases on it.

Hopefully E3 will have some information to show on Warriors, since most of Nintendo's games are already revealed and Zelda will be released by then.

29 minutes ago, Bankai said:

I wouldn't mind a mode like Mission mode in Dynasty Warriors gundam 2. 

Mission mode in Warriors gundam 2? what are they like compared to hyrule warriors adventure map or dynasty warriors ambission mode?

1 hour ago, Thany said:

Mission mode in Warriors gundam 2? what are they like compared to hyrule warriors adventure map or dynasty warriors ambission mode?

It acted as a second story mode somewhat.

It was shared universe where each character has their own separate set of Story Missions of a varying number, and can also take a number of additional missions outside the story.

The type of missions in the mode

• Free Missions are a series of random missions and extra challenges. (Was a mix of story specific or just extra missions)
  • Friendship Missions are used to primarily affect the Friendship ratings with other character, and can unlock certain characters for use.
  • License Missions allow the character to unlock the mobile suits of certain other pilots (Mobile suits being the equivalent to weapons.)
  • Collection Missions allow the player to collect parts of certain mobile suits by fighting lots of them. ( The parts were items that increased a mobile suits stats.)
  • Extra Missions are high-level challenges, usually to gain level 4 parts for certain suits.

Outside of missions, there was the Mobile Suit Lab is where the player can improve on parts as mentioned above, and the Terminal is where the character receives messages that can unlock other missions.

how this could transfer over to FE Warriors if they keep to some of the recent Dynasty warriors

License missions could be a used to have people use other characters movesets.

Collection could be to unlock better items that increase your stats.

Friendship missions could be the way of implementing something like supports. 

Yeah I recall hearing the DW Gundam games had a surprising bit of content. I haven't played them myself yet. But I intend to (mostly to play as Domon, but still).

13 hours ago, Jedi said:

(mostly to play as Domon, but still).

90% of the reason I tried the DW Gundam games in the first place. other 10% is Loran from ∀ Gundam

38 minutes ago, Bankai said:

90% of the reason I tried the DW Gundam games in the first place. other 10% is Loran from ∀ Gundam

Athrun is in them too right? As much as well Seed is kind of mixed, I've always enjoyed Athrun and The Aegis and Justice.

7 hours ago, Jedi said:

Athrun is in them too right? As much as well Seed is kind of mixed, I've always enjoyed Athrun and The Aegis and Justice.

He's in the third game i believe.

34 minutes ago, Bankai said:

He's in the third game i believe.

He's in 2 and 3. I think he's in Reborn as well but I don't actually know.

Personally, I'd like the format of DW Gundam 3's mission selection to be a feature, it's largely based on 2's but with a few changes. My reason for this is because of something that 3 has that's just perfect for passing to Fire Emblem. In the first 2 games, there was Official Mode which was based on the UC Timeline exclusively, however Official Mode is absent in 3, instead making room for History Missions which ultimately utilize the most memorable parts of each individual series represented that feature the involved characters for that mission.

Most of it is still in the UC Timeline but there's missions like Heero vs. Zechs in Heavyarms and the Tallgeese II (the first model's not in it so it's essentially just a recoloured representation of the same MS) from Gundam Wing and Domon's Final Assault against the Dark Gundam to rescue Rain in Mobile Fighter.

Essentially, History Missions implemented in FEW is my biggest desire for it, alongside an Xtreme Mode akin to DW5XL and not counting roster entries.

• 2 months later...

This is actually a really good idea. You could have maps just like the original Fire Emblems, and just the animated combat scenes would change to something similar to the 'tales of' series. In other words, a mix of FE-style tactics AND warriors-style gameplay. Here's hoping the developers were on the same wavelength as you.

It could also be a perfect excuse to bring in a large cast of units, as you'd still need 10 units per chapter.

On 2/23/2017 at 0:41 PM, Light Strategist said:

instead making room for History Missions which ultimately utilize the most memorable parts of each individual series represented that feature the involved characters for that mission.

Heh, I was thinking of something like this. Scorched Sands from SS, Chapter 1 from Shadow Dragon (because it's the first FE map ever), Day Breaks from PoR, River Crossing from RD, 4 and 4x combined from Thracia 776, anything from Genealogy.