Favourite Character in Fates

ruruo

Since it's Valentine's Day, and we already have a topic discussing some beautiful FE ladies. Let's give the FE: Fates men some love too. And maybe share some favourite artwork? 

Nothing nsfw please. And let's keep pictures in spoiler tags too, to save scrolling :).

I'll start um.. from a purely aesthetic perspective for me, it'll have to be between Xander, Kaze and Saizo. 

I also adore Haitaka, because capturing him reminds me of capturing a first Pokemon x'D. He's so quiet, mysterious and immune to Fate's bad writing. I really enjoyed using his class in Conquest and would always take him through endgame. I hope 'Capture' could be expanded in future games to the point it becomes another method of recruiting proper characters with supports. 

Here's a little something with the siblings at the beach:

iEvSkWN.png

Edit: F--it x'D I think it's spammy and unnecessary to make separate threads for boy and girls. Will just turn this into generic one for Fates :)

So for ladies mine has to be lil' Elise and Midori ~ they're so cute! I can't bare to play through Birthright because  I've been spoilt about what happens to the Nohrian family! :< It's too sad. Elise is so cheerful and innocent even thought Nohr is all dark and gloomy. As for Midori, she's the cutest daughter and her critical expression is the best x'D

605929803ae24f45a3f38544a684b1c6.jpg

Edited by komasa

Surely we shouldn't restrict this to Fates - the rest of the series has some great men.

If it has to be Fates, though...

Spoiler

...it's gotta be Gunter.

4Koma_Gunter.thumb.png.018af163d5f741c732663c33a792c58c.png

Spoiler

Young Gunter is sooo great too.

Young_Gunter.thumb.jpg.0b735294826411157a17823a1322e417.jpg

For me, there are so many. They outdid themselves with designing the dude characters - though I do wish there were more rugged looking guys.

That said, my favorites are Arthur, Hinata, Saizou and Shura.

Arthur and Hinata because they have fun, endearing personalities that would surely be entertaining. Saizou, because I like the grumpy pants. Shura, because he looks lonely and I like comforting people.

I like all their designs for varying reasons.

Will post pics later.

Yeah, why restrict it to just Fates? That's not really fair at all.

Ryoma is easily my favorite Fates dude though. He's badass and hot. And I don't usually find guys with big long hair attractive.

Personally, I find it better being locked to Fates, cause if it was the whole series, it would be hard to choose.

For me personally it would have to be (Long list incoming):

Spoiler

-Jakob

-Kaze

-Shura

-Saizo

-Ryoma

-Shiro

-Asugi

-Odin

-Niles

-Laslow

-Benny

-Xander

-Nichol

-Tarba

(I swear, I am not a man whore)

Also Gunter cause I love me some daddys

Stand outs would be Benny, cause IMO, he is one of the most grounded characters in Fates and is the most adorable little thing and Nichol and Tarba for being the most attractive bosses in the series.

Edited by Azz

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, why restrict it to just Fates? That's not really fair at all.

As Res said, there are so many characters through the entirety of FE fan base, I thought it would be nice to do something just for Fates since it's the most recent console game. I'd be up all night trying to list favourites otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Res said:

Where's the thread for the beautiful ladies? The Azura thread? 

Are we permitted to post fanart if it's by other forumers?

And is this solely about aesthetics? 

Yes the Azura one inspired this. I'm going to get a proper one up for the ladies. There's some lovely ladies in Fates that needs attention other than just Azura. 

Of course it's permitted! And I also encourage it to show support to artists on this forum.

Up to you. Any reason is a valid reason :D. 

1 minute ago, komasa said:

As Res said, there are so many characters through the entirety of FE fan base, I thought it would be nice to do something just for Fates since it's the most recent console game. I'd be up all night trying to list favourites otherwise.

So what? That hasn't stopped people from making favorite character threads in general FE.

23 minutes ago, komasa said:

You meant Azz, but I agree with both you and Azz; there's enough characters in Fates as it is! There's nothing stopping anyone from making similar threads for the other games. :)

And phew, because aesthetically - I can't really think of anyone who stands out aesthetically in Fates (perhaps Niles or Laslow?). I appreciate Fates' character art as a whole, really. 

I'll give a shout-out to Laslow's voice acting, his voice is as smooth as butter. I don't understand why he's written to be so unsuccessful with women because I'd go to tea with him just to listen to him talk, haha.

Takumi is my favourite; I have a few art prints, with one of my favourites being this. (The artist, gaiusismysugardaddy, has a thread in the creative forum here).

As for the ladies, Mozu is far too adorable in all of her supports. She's pretty perfect as a character - sweet without being saccharine.  

Oboro and Matoi, an army of lovely lance ladies. It makes me happy knowing my favorite Fire Emblem ladies are popular in the fanbase. I hope Oboro gets a figure at some point, I already got the Cordelia one.

Spoiler

__matoi_fire_emblem_and_fire_emblem_if_d

Spoiler

__oboro_fire_emblem_and_fire_emblem_if_d

I honestly thought having a discussion exclusively about Fates characters here was fine 'cuz... well, it's the Fates boards, and Fates is no longer the most recent FE game.

Anyway, favorite girl should be obvious: the glorious fashionista Oboro.  Not only is she actually a well written character, but apart from her racism, she's a very warm person who isn't quite as vain as you might initially believe. Being surrounded by relatively gimmicky and tropey characters, and the fact that she isn't perfect and the narrative doesn't treat her as such, she almost seems like an actual human.  Aside from her, I also like Mitama, Mozu, and Flora.

The Best Dude crown goes to Takumi.  Again, he's a character that feels more "real" than a lot of the cast (at least the BR cast).  And that's also where his humor stems from; why he gets all the memes.  You can compare him to real-world radical racists because he talks exactly like them.  But again, he has a genuine good side to him, which is expressed in his A supports with Leo and Corrin.  My other favorite dudes are Saizo, Arthur, Leo, and Forrest, among others.

Aesthetically? Hmm...

Ryoma, Niles, and Laslow. That's my final answer and I'm locking in. Ryoma has a pleasant voice, really wicked armor, and I think his hair color (and mane in general) are all pleasing. Niles is Niles. Laslow has an accent and in general his personality, now that it's matured, is adorable.

Shigure I'd say but honestly now I find him less "attractive" and more "incredibly huggable."

As for the girls, that'd be Oboro, Selena, and Beruka. Oboro has that lovely blue hair and really good outfit coordination as befitting her character. Honestly I think even her scary face is kinda adorable. Selena is a case in that I really didn't care for Severa even design wise, but I adore Selena. The mercenary armor in this game is stellar, her red hair is gorgeous, and her personality has mellowed out enough she's enjoyable. Beruka... is possibly a guilty pleasure? I think design wise she's simple, but it works really well. Her voice is surprisingly soft, it's kind of something I didn't see coming but didn't hate the end result of, her hair color is lovely, and I love the whole assassin-but-a-wyvern-rider thing she has going on. Something something, Solid Snake.

Sakura and Elise are good too, but more in a way that I want to hug and protect them both for being adorable.