1. 1. Which Yato is your favorite?

• Yato (1st Form)
    • Noble Yato
    • Blazing Yato
    • Grim Yato
    • Shadow Yato
    • Alpha Yato
    • Omega Yato

Shadow Yato. I like it's thinner design compared to the other Yatos, and the two protrusions on the sides of the blade add a small visual panache.

I also hate Omega Yato with a passion. I hate it IhateitIhateitIhateit! I also dislike the regular Yato.

The rest of the Yatos are fine.

Edited by Slyfox

The Shadow Yato's darker color scheme just makes it look cooler when slicing through enemies. Too bad its boosts are +3 rather than +4 (as with the Blazing Yato) when you use it due to the -1 to Def/Res a katana gives.

I like Alpha Yato the most. It has elements of both the Grim and Noble Yatos, and I kinda like that combined feel. Omega Yato is in a weird spot for me. I don't really like the in-game render of the Omega Yato, as it looks very blocky and not elegant enough, but THE CHAINSAW HITSTUN. MHMMMMMMMMM. Omega Yato looks a lot better in Smash than in Fates, though; a bit more slender, to begin with. If the in-game one looked more like the Smash version I would pick Omega all day.

While I don't exactly hate it, I have to say, the Shadow Yato is my least favourite. When I first got it in-game, I had to stare at the screen for a cool minute to try and spot what exactly changed with the blade. It doesn't look terrible, but is a bit bland of a transformation, and isn't too different from Grim.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Alpha Yato. Most of the other forms are underwhelming to me, unfortunately. But I like the loop guard on the Alpha, which makes it look similar to a pirate cutlass/saber. Plus, the glowing blue blade reminded me of a lightsaber.

Omega Yato mainly for the flame and glowing effects and that it looks like a chainsaw (acts like one too in Smash Bros.). While it is my favorite version of the Yato, it's not my most favorite weapon overall; that belongs to Kagero's Dart but I digress.

Flaming chainsaw sword. It's a sword that's a fucking chainsaw on fire. I want one as much as the flamethrower guitars from Mad Max: Fury Road. Fuck a Rapier, fuck a Falchion. The +4 in Strength, Speed, Defense and Resistance is nice and all; but it's a sword that's a fucking chainsaw on fire.

The paywall Yato, also called Omega Yato, or Final Night Yatogami. Because it's a freaking fire chainsaw sword powered by darkness. Who somehow still can't attack at distance like the other two swords.
And it's still considered to be a Katana despite it not looking like one at all, even less than all it's other form.

As for the Fate version or the Smash version... I dunno, but I like both of them.