Starting Revelations...

CaptainAndrew92

Revelation has grinding but you shouldn't need it since the game isn't hard, really. 

I used a Witch Corrin and married Forrest. 

I also married: Orochi and Odin, Niles and Oboro, Kaze and Beruka. Those are the only ones I remember, haven't played Rev in almost a year.

I've only played Conquest and Revelations. Can't comment for Birthright, but Rev is easy compared to Conquest. There are some gimmicky maps, and that's it. The only annoying thing is that units come very unbalanced level wise, however nothing can't be fixed by a little bit of grinding, which this game allows. Even Odin. 

Don't really use Fates kids, so I just married who ever looked cute together: Odin x Elise, Mozu x Ryoma, Azura x Laslow, Sakura x Saizo, Camilla x Keaton. Kept Kaze for me :)

(Typing this out just made me realise I never really took advantage of any Nohr x Hoshido possibilities x'D)

5 minutes ago, komasa said:

I've only played Conquest and Revelations. Can't comment for Birthright, but Rev is easy compared to Conquest. There are some gimmicky maps, and that's it. The only annoying thing is that units come very unbalanced level wise, however nothing can't be fixed by a little bit of grinding, which this game allows. Even Odin. 

Don't really use Fates kids, so I just married who ever looked cute together: Odin x Elise, Mozu x Ryoma, Azura x Laslow, Sakura x Saizo, Camilla x Keaton. Kept Kaze for me :)

(Typing this out just made me realise I never really took advantage of any Nohr x Hoshido possibilities x'D)

All of those couples make insane good kids lol. Well, except arguably Sakura x Saizo, but it COULD be good. I just don't know about it. 

EDIT: Yeah, Asugi from Sakura x Saizo is pretty good too. 

Edited by YouSquiddinMe

Revelation sadly has some rather uninteresting maps that are gimmicky but fairly easy. You are allowed to grind, but it will most likely not be required unless you're using some of the worse units along the way. Unfortunately again, Revelation screws up the unit balance pretty heavily, so you'll sort of be discouraged to use certain characters.

Also, I married Flora because Flora is the bomb.

There are some gimmicky maps, but IMHO, the worst of them are the earlygame stretch of 7, 8, and 9. It does allow grinding, too.

Also, I married Selkie because she's just too cute. X3

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

11 minutes ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

All of those couples make insane good kids lol. Well, except arguably Sakura x Saizo, but it COULD be good. I just don't know about it. 

EDIT: Yeah, Asugi from Sakura x Saizo is pretty good too. 

x'D I really need to do a kids playthrough, because so much good stuff is said about them. I'm useless at support grinding, so by the time I'm getting them it's near endgame and I don't want to replace people on the team. 

The non-optimising explanation: 

Odin x Elise, because Elise reminded me of Lissa. Laslow x Azura, because Dancer x Singer.  Had trouble with deciding if Mozu should have married Ryoma or Saizo, ultimately decided that she deserves a Prince. Sakura and Saizo's supports are cute so it wasn't a problem. Camilla and Keaton were the odd ones, I just always use her to ferry Keaton around, or use Keaton to give Camilla bonuses, so they just gained supports (even though, the convos they have were kinda terrible lol)

This route is more about resource management then Conquest is tbh, in terms of difficulty; enemies don't have weird skill combos much like Birthright but their levels are similar to Conquest. Their are gimmicky maps (which I'm grateful for after playing Blazing Sword recently)

Some revelation exclusive pairings I like:

Charlotte x Kaden

Azama x Effie

Camilla x Male Hoshido Royal

Oboro x Benny

Niles x Setsuna 

I recommend trying as many of the Revelation exclusive marriages as possible, since it's probably the most boring route and the one you'll likely replay the least (and I say that as someone who seems to tolerate it more than others). 

Laslow x Orochi is one of my favourite pairings in the entire game. For parallel, I like Odin x Kagero.

Selena x Subaki for the reference to Selena's mother, maybe!

Xander x Hinoka and Leo x Sakura is pretty cute - although you could also do the other way around!

Ryoma x Elise (Ryoma x Camilla is actually exceedingly dull - they just compete over their affections for Corrin)

Niles x Setsuna is probably Setsuna's one redeeming support, and it's amusing to see Niles so frustrated.

Those are the main ones I feel more strongly on, but most of the other inter-country supports are pretty fun, too. There are quite a few good platonic supports, also! Niles x Subaki is amusing, as is Laslow x Saizo (it draws parallels with Inigo/Gerome). Leo x Takumi and Sakura x Elise are the best two Royal platonic supports.

I usually marry Takumi, since I detest his support with Camilla.

Well revelation start good before chapter 19 after that is kinda bored since all his mission depend of dragon vein.

About my pairs:

Favorites:

Azura x Lazlow (main file)or Felicia x Lazlow (Conquest)

Odin x Elise

Corrin x Selena(both routes)

Mozu x Xander.(both routes)

Camilla x Silas(Conquest)

Leo x Sakura

Niles x Setsuna

Beruka x Kaze

18 minutes ago, Sieghart said:

Well revelation start good before chapter 19 after that is kinda bored since all his mission depend of dragon vein.

I dunno about you, but I'd say the opposite - I found the earlygame of Revelations to be quite annoying.

3 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I dunno about you, but I'd say the opposite - I found the earlygame of Revelations to be quite annoying.

Some chapter where good and some as you said annoying like the map with full army of ninjas and traps( I really hate that chapter)