Fe echoes famitsu

Speaking of Alm, the game description on Amazon Japan talks about "the boy who believes in strength and the girl who believes in the Gods". I honestly don't remember much of Alm's personality in Gaiden, but it would be interesting to see a confident protagonist.

Also, about the horse symbol in the class-change screen, pretty sure it's just a class indicator. To identify movement/effective bonus types. It literally means "Horseback".

EDIT: Only just noticed Amazon Japan made a huge typo. Gaiden didn't come out in 1192...

Edited by VincentASM

Looks nice. 

Palla being shown in the screenshot of the original game probably indicates that the Whitewings will be making a return.

While I would highly prefer the maps to be updated, the simpler maps where quite enjoyable in Gaiden. The battles where usually very short anyways. As long as the big, important battles will have more creative designs, I'm quite okay with the smaller skirmishes being simple. Though they will hopefully be made compacter, there was a lot of empty space in Gaiden's maps.

10 hours ago, InfinityAlex said:

I just popped a quick message to Source Gaming's Soma (the guy responsible for almost all of the site's translations). He said that there doesn't seem to be anything new, but he had only skimmed over it. I wouldn't hold your breath for him to go over it in detail though, since he says he's pretty busy.

He wasn't lying, there's really nothing much. They did talk about how Archers could attack from 1~3 range, and even up to 5 range, but it's just bringing back Gaiden mechanics. Also, apparently enemy classes are very varied. That's pretty much the only things I think weren't talked about before.

11 hours ago, Thane said:

Thanks bud; it's already translated and there's not a lot of new information, but I'll give this a read myself when I've got the time. 

I can't say I'm thrilled over the early maps shown so far; they seem a little too loyal to the original. On the page with all the archers, it's just a giant field filled with trees just like in Gaiden. I'm sure later maps will get more complex, but still.

On a more positive note, it says Alm joins the Zofian rebel group not only because of his sense of justice but also a desire to show of his skills, according to the translation. Hopefully they'll keep his more aggressive tone; him wanting to brag is a good start.

I really hope they expand on the characterization a bit. Alm could really become a standout lord if they put in the effort to showcase his hotheaded and sometimes brutal behavior more often.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

He wasn't lying, there's really nothing much. They did talk about how Archers could attack from 1~3 range, and even up to 5 range, but it's just bringing back Gaiden mechanics. Also, apparently enemy classes are very varied. That's pretty much the only things I think weren't talked about before.

Seem like archers are broken I can see PvP being like the Takumi thing like it is in heroes. I probably will do an all archer run.

7 minutes ago, mikethepokemaster said:

Seem like archers are broken I can see PvP being like the Takumi thing like it is in heroes. I probably will do an all archer run.

Their stupidly huge range was kind of balanced by their accuracy being pretty bad at far range, excluding a few people like Alm himself.

50 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Their stupidly huge range was kind of balanced by their accuracy being pretty bad at far range, excluding a few people like Alm himself.

Oh okay thanks for the info hopefully the Range is fix for them a bit. :) Wait you said far range than their 1-3 range is still pretty broken.

Edited by mikethepokemaster

6 hours ago, mikethepokemaster said:

Oh okay thanks for the info hopefully the Range is fix for them a bit. :) Wait you said far range than their 1-3 range is still pretty broken.

Eh. Unless I'm remembering wrong, by far range, I think he means any range, because I don't remember bows getting decreased range the further they shoot from. The base Bow and Steel Bow have 70 accuracy, raised by however much Skill (or Tec now) the user has, and with terrain bonuses being so high in Gaiden, this is like the only FE where Archers can't always be relied on to hit their mark. At least with 1-3/5 range they can make shots from good distances away to get more chances to hit an enemy, especially if the enemy is fleeing or behind a wall where the rest of your army would need to circle around.

1 hour ago, Konnor97 said:

Eh. Unless I'm remembering wrong, by far range, I think he means any range, because I don't remember bows getting decreased range the further they shoot from. The base Bow and Steel Bow have 70 accuracy, raised by however much Skill (or Tec now) the user has, and with terrain bonuses being so high in Gaiden, this is like the only FE where Archers can't always be relied on to hit their mark. At least with 1-3/5 range they can make shots from good distances away to get more chances to hit an enemy, especially if the enemy is fleeing or behind a wall where the rest of your army would need to circle around.

Okay thanks for the info :) 

12 hours ago, Slumber said:

I really hope they expand on the characterization a bit. Alm could really become a standout lord if they put in the effort to showcase his hotheaded and sometimes brutal behavior more often.

^ This. 

I want a violent lord for once--someone who isn't a goody-two-shoes and is willing to get their hands dirty. I hope Alm gets some level of dramatic depth to him and that he doesn't just become another typical anime hot-headed hero whose sheer force of will saves the day. I want Alm to have a moral flaw that he overcomes. 

Leif  is a standout lord because he was incompetent at points (i.e. falling for traps, getting captured, etc.)  and was somewhat responsible for Dorias's death during the invasion of Alster. He was also overly emotional and childish, resorting to using language like "I've never hated the empire as much as I do now." At the end of Thracia 776, however, he becomes a stronger leader. Leif actually overcomes a psychological flaw (He doesn't really have a moral flaw per se, other than his recklessness and naivety)! Oh look, character development! What a world, what a world! Also, he doesn't have Major holy blood like his sister, so I've always imagined that he has a slight inferiority complex. You can see bits of that complex because he often compares himself to Seliph and thinks his cousin is more of a hero than he is. Leif is, in my opinion, the only lord in the series to have some level dramatic depth to him ( I guess Ike too?). A remake that further explores his story would be very much appreciated.

Edited by Leif